IGNORED

Anybody from U.S. get a O-A visa lately?

Billy Shears

Please post your experience getting all the paperwork together.

Where did you go to get a police clearance and a medical certificate? I don't have a regular Doctor anymore. 

Do I just submit copy of bank statement with 800,000 baht, or do I need a bank letter also.

Will be filing in Los Angeles. Need guidance.

Thanks for all your help guys, I really appreciate it. :ThumbDown1:

I joined a FB group and got the answers I needed. 

Mods please lock this topic.

On 28/10/2020 at 06:05, WhiteThai said:

Please post your experience getting all the paperwork together.

Where did you go to get a police clearance and a medical certificate? I don't have a regular Doctor anymore. 

Do I just submit copy of bank statement with 800,000 baht, or do I need a bank letter also.

Will be filing in Los Angeles. Need guidance.

I received my police clearance through the San Diego Sheriffs Office.  Basically it’s a letter saying you have no criminal record.

Medical certificate was signed off by my VA doctor.  If you don’t have a doctor as you claim you need to get one or pay an independent clinic.

I followed the LA Thai consulate instructions and had no problems. This was 4 years ago and obtain yearly extensions in Thailand.

53 minutes ago, typhoon42 said:

I received my police clearance through the San Diego Sheriffs Office.  Basically it’s a letter saying you have no criminal record.

Medical certificate was signed off by my VA doctor.  If you don’t have a doctor as you claim you need to get one or pay an independent clinic.

I followed the LA Thai consulate instructions and had no problems. This was 4 years ago and obtain yearly extensions in Thailand.

I completed mine January 2020 (it was sent back due to Covid19).

They do not allow local police clearance letters anymore. 

You must use FBI or State agency.

Here is a list from the Thai Consular Los Angeles:

LINK

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 27/10/2020 at 16:05, WhiteThai said:

Where did you go to get a  medical certificate? I don't have a regular Doctor anymore. 

I walked into an Urgent Care Clinic to get mine.  

Since then I made him my personal doctor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2020 at 14:49, WhiteThai said:

Thanks for all your help guys, I really appreciate it. :ThumbDown1:

I joined a FB group and got the answers I needed. 

Mods please lock this topic.

u ask for info  .. u get your info elsewhere  .. don't pass anything on here .. u bail out ...  freaking pathetic 

In a similar vein, I was looking at the Thaiconsulatela.org page for some info on the TR single 60 day tourist visa. This is the first bullet item:

Documents Required:

Passport or Travel Document and one copy of your Passport

Can someone tell me what the bold text means? 
I guess they want one copy of the passport, seems like kind of a strange way of communicating it though.

Edited by ctp2018

1 hour ago, ctp2018 said:

In a similar vein, I was looking at the Thaiconsulatela.org page for some info on the TR single 60 day tourist visa. This is the first bullet item:

Documents Required:

I guess they want one copy of the passport, seems like kind of a strange way of communicating it though.

When I applied for my retirement visa, it means they want a copy of every single page from cover to cover (stamped or blank).  I think they even want you to sign each page.

That will be quite a few pages as I got a new passport recently, the one with extra pages in it! I have not used it yet though.  Probably worth a call/email to them to verify that’s what they really want. Thanks.
One thing I don’t really like is that this visa is only valid for three months from the approval date. I wish they would have made it at least six months. Oh well.

Edited by ctp2018

3 hours ago, ctp2018 said:

Documents Required:

At the time I received mine 4 years ago I did not have to copy every page of the passport.  Only the front with all of the data.

Edited by typhoon42

My O-A package should be delivered today to the embassy in DC by express mail.

In Florida you can request the criminal background check online for $24. they even send you a signed and notarized copy if you request it at no extra charge.

My insurance was from Pacific Cross and I got a good deal by joining the Pattaya Sports Club and getting the special group rate. Well worth the 900 Baht membership fee.

I was able to get the medical form signed by my doctor during a routine appointment. He will give me the fit to fly form when I need it also. No charge since I was paying for an office visit anyway.

My credit union printed out my account statement and signed it to meet the financial requirement. I also included unsigned copies of my Thai bank statement and brokerage account statement but my credit union amount meets the requirement by itself.

The Covid test was the hardest thing to arrange. Can't get it done where I live with guaranteed results in time to catch my flight to Dallas where I will take a Qatar Airways flight to BKK (via Doha). In Dallas there is a clinic that does expedited Covid testing ($250 for 24hr and for $400 you can get same day results. I intend to fly to Dallas three days before the international flight and get the test with 24hr turn around time.

If flying from Dallas check out https://realtimelab.com/local-testing/.

I had the return portion of my ticket from when I flew to the US late January and got stranded. Qatar airlines changed the return date for my ticket and also changed the departure city from Atlanta to Dallas. No charge.

I have not heard of a credit union needing to sign a statement from a member. Did you request it via phone and then they just sent it to you? Thanks for the info.

I have not heard of a credit union needing to sign a statement from a member. Did you request it via phone and then they just sent it to you? Thanks for the info.

The Thai Embassy (Washington DC) says this in the section about financial proof for the O-A visa. Fortunately I have branches of my credit union near me so I could just walk in and ask for it.

"In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required"

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/09/30/nonimmigrantoaox/

4 hours ago, Goolabert said:

My credit union printed out my account statement and signed it to meet the financial requirement. I also included unsigned copies of my Thai bank statement and brokerage account statement but my credit union amount meets the requirement by itself.

Hi,

Do you just send in the current month bank statement or the last 3 months of bank statements ? I am about to apply for this visa too and appreciate your posts on the subject.

I just sent the current bank statement

I sent 6m of statements that included investment income.   But investment income was rejected.   I needed to show $17k USD a month for the past 6 months of cash.   Luckily I had cash in a few separate accounts that barely equalled that sum.    They haven't approved it yet.  But I had to scramble 

I did a Google search for o-a Thai visa income requirements. This is the first entry:

For the one-year O-A visa, applicants must demonstrate that they receive income of at least $2,000 each month (such as through a pension). Alternately, they can deposit at least $25,000 with a Thai or U.S. bank. Applicants can also qualify if the total of their deposited funds and monthly income equal $25,000.

I assume this is still a valid requirement? I did not know you could deposit the money in a US Bank.

32 minutes ago, ctp2018 said:

I did a Google search for o-a Thai visa income requirements. This is the first entry:

For the one-year O-A visa, applicants must demonstrate that they receive income of at least $2,000 each month (such as through a pension). Alternately, they can deposit at least $25,000 with a Thai or U.S. bank. Applicants can also qualify if the total of their deposited funds and monthly income equal $25,000.

I assume this is still a valid requirement? I did not know you could deposit the money in a US Bank.

Where did you see that?  I'm seeing conflicting information. I see on visa agent sites both Thai or US banks are ok; or just Thai, depending on the site.  The US embassy's site says deposit in Thai bank but, the Thai Embassy's site is unclear.  It only says "an amount equivalent to 65,000 baht."  Which to me means a foreign bank would be ok. 

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

The O- A visa is as far as I know applied for in your home country.So the financial statements you have to show would be in your home countries bank accounts.

On 08/11/2020 at 16:50, ctp2018 said:

Documents Required:

hello .. when is this 60 day tourist visa available to go to Thailand?

1 hour ago, jimmyjam said:

hello .. when is this 60 day tourist visa available to go to Thailand?

I already is. It was added to the RTE Washington website last week. The RTE London added it yesterday and a number of countries already offer it. 
I’ll dig up the link...

Edit:

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/05/trsingle_entry/

main requirement is a minimum of $17000 in your bank account every month for the last 6 months (I’m assuming you are in the US)

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

12 hours ago, davidge said:

I already is. It was added to the RTE Washington website last week. The RTE London added it yesterday and a number of countries already offer it. 
I’ll dig up the link...

Edit:

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/05/trsingle_entry/

main requirement is a minimum of $17000 in your bank account every month for the last 6 months (I’m assuming you are in the US)

Wow .. sweet .. thanks .. way better than O-A bullshit