IGNORED

Anybody from U.S. get a O-A visa lately?

Billy Shears

On 09/11/2020 at 20:12, HimBadMan said:

I sent 6m of statements that included investment income.   But investment income was rejected.   I needed to show $17k USD a month for the past 6 months of cash.   Luckily I had cash in a few separate accounts that barely equalled that sum.    They haven't approved it yet.  But I had to scramble 

They wouldn’t accept brokerage account funds?

12 minutes ago, prorose said:

They wouldn’t accept brokerage account funds?

Correct,  has to be Liquid cash.   Savings/checking only.    Makes it more difficult for sure .

To clarify my experience is only with the tourist visa that they recently opened up

Edited by HimBadMan

9 minutes ago, HimBadMan said:

Correct,  has to be Liquid cash.   Savings/checking only.    Makes it more difficult for sure .

To clarify my experience is only with the tourist visa that they recently opened up

Oh that was for tourist visa. Maybe O-A visa is different.

Since the TR single 60 day tourist visa is only valid for three months, my assumption is that it must be valid when you enter Thailand, not when you leave?  You are cautioned not to miss time it, otherwise the visa won’t be valid. Frankly, it seems like a lot of trouble and stress to go through just to add 30 days to the regular tourist visa.

4 hours ago, ctp2018 said:

Since the TR single 60 day tourist visa is only valid for three months, my assumption is that it must be valid when you enter Thailand, not when you leave?  You are cautioned not to miss time it, otherwise the visa won’t be valid. Frankly, it seems like a lot of trouble and stress to go through just to add 30 days to the regular tourist visa.

You are slightly mixed up.

When you get the visa there will be a ‘Valid Until’ date. That is the date by which you must enter Thailand on the visa, after that date it expires. It is a ‘Use By’ date for the visa.

When you enter Thailand you will be given Permission to Stay for 60 days. The date on the initial visa is then irrelevant. That Permission to Stay can then be extended for a further 30 days.

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

5 hours ago, HimBadMan said:

5 hours ago, prorose said:

Oh that was for tourist visa. Maybe O-A visa is different.

That’s certainly how RTE London have always implemented any ‘cash in bank’ requirements for all visas. It can be more than one account, but only current or savings accounts not investments/funds/shares etc.

Has anyone in Nevada tried to get the police clearance there? What about from the FBI? Just trying to find the simplest/quickest way to get it done.

1 hour ago, duke main said:

Has anyone in Nevada tried to get the police clearance there? What about from the FBI? Just trying to find the simplest/quickest way to get it done.

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/list-of-fbi-approved-channelers-for-departmental-order-submissions

This place charges a flat $50usd: https://www.fieldprintusa.com/FBIHomePage.aspx?PostingID=540&ChannelID=264

i wonder will they really make you leave?  wont allow applying for other visa while in thialand?  sush as non-o?

44 minutes ago, Rodewayinn said:

i wonder will they really make you leave?  wont allow applying for other visa while in thialand?  sush as non-o?

What are you talking about ? Or who are you talking to ? Did I miss someone saying applying for another visa type wasn't available in Thailand ?

The "Quote" button is your friend.

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

sorry i am new to this.

i am referencing the 60 day visa.

20 minutes ago, Rodewayinn said:

sorry i am new to this.

i am referencing the 60 day visa.

It’s a new visa so we don’t know. Embassies are saying it can be extended for 30 days but, until someone actually goes to an Immigration Office in Thailand and tries, we can’t be certain.

Similarly with ‘converting’ to a Non O. Until someone goes to an agent and asks we just don’t know whether it will be possible or how much it would cost if it is.

On 09/11/2020 at 14:56, Goolabert said:

My O-A package should be delivered today to the embassy in DC by express mail.

In Florida you can request the criminal background check online for $24. they even send you a signed and notarized copy if you request it at no extra charge.

My insurance was from Pacific Cross and I got a good deal by joining the Pattaya Sports Club and getting the special group rate. Well worth the 900 Baht membership fee.

I was able to get the medical form signed by my doctor during a routine appointment. He will give me the fit to fly form when I need it also. No charge since I was paying for an office visit anyway.

My credit union printed out my account statement and signed it to meet the financial requirement. I also included unsigned copies of my Thai bank statement and brokerage account statement but my credit union amount meets the requirement by itself.

The Covid test was the hardest thing to arrange. Can't get it done where I live with guaranteed results in time to catch my flight to Dallas where I will take a Qatar Airways flight to BKK (via Doha). In Dallas there is a clinic that does expedited Covid testing ($250 for 24hr and for $400 you can get same day results. I intend to fly to Dallas three days before the international flight and get the test with 24hr turn around time.

If flying from Dallas check out https://realtimelab.com/local-testing/.

I had the return portion of my ticket from when I flew to the US late January and got stranded. Qatar airlines changed the return date for my ticket and also changed the departure city from Atlanta to Dallas. No charge.

Can you explain the bolded part a bit more? How does the embassy verify the validity of the signature? Did the credit union have a stamp with signature block?

I need to call my bank and figure out how to get this done. It's USAA (no local branches, all online) and I'll be in Vegas.

Has anyone here successfully acquired their insurance coverage for O-A visa from one of the companies listed on Embassy website that: 

Does not have a 15 Day Covid 19

“Waiting Period”

I was all ready to go with Pacific Cross, which by far had best customer service representative who explained everything in great detail.

All good until that final discussion about waiting period. 

Short version: any positive test that comes up during your 15 day quarantine period you are NOT covered!

This was a game changer and me.

I’m struggling to find one without this provision!

For record:  

From USA

Visa O-A

3 hours ago, Jake2b said:

Has anyone here successfully acquired their insurance coverage for O-A visa from one of the companies listed on Embassy website that: 

“Waiting Period”

I was all ready to go with Pacific Cross, which by far had best customer service representative who explained everything in great detail.

Short version: any positive test that comes up during your 15 day quarantine period you are NOT covered!

For record:  

From USA

Visa O-A

ahhh... so u actually want the insurance to work, instead of just using it as a crutch to get in the country.

well, I have decided to take my chances with the Tourist Visa, instead of the O-A for retirement.

Roll the Dice and hopefully during my 90 days they will allow to convert it to an in country O visa - where u dont need the 40,000 and 400,000 cover like an O-A, all i purchased for now is the 100,000 cover including Covid for 90 days stay was $166 from www.AMERICANVISITORINSURANCE.COM.

3 hours ago, Jake2b said:

“Waiting Period”

For record:  

From USA

Visa O-A

If you want good insurance for the long-term to satisfy Non O-A requirements and meet your medical needs then I would suggest you buy the best policy for that purpose and also buy a one-off ‘throwaway’ policy to cover you for Covid during quarantine.

eg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

4 hours ago, duke main said:

Can you explain the bolded part a bit more? How does the embassy verify the validity of the signature? Did the credit union have a stamp with signature block?

I need to call my bank and figure out how to get this done. It's USAA (no local branches, all online) and I'll be in Vegas.

They had a stamp with a signature block for the bank's customer service rep to sign. She called up my current statement and printed it out, stamped it, and then signed it. I don't think the embassy actually tries to verify anything as long as it "looks official". 

I don't think there was any phone number on the statement that was signed so they could call the branch I went to. If I had made

Any attempt to verify the statement probably would have ended up with the embassy personnel calling the bank's publicly listed number and just got a computer answering machine giving them 120 options to choose from, none of which would have helped.

5 hours ago, Jake2b said:

“Waiting Period”

For record:  

From USA

Visa O-A

This almost sounds like the occasional confusion about visa validity. :D

Is "waiting period" from the day you sign for the insurance ? Or the date you first enter Thailand ?

If the former they simply want to make sure you don't get your insurance after you've already gotten the disease.

If the latter, I guess that is problematic. Sheesh. 

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

1 minute ago, sulu said:

This almost sounds like the occasional confusion about visa validity. :D

Is "waiting period" from the day you sign for the insurance ? Or the date you first enter Thailand ?

If the former they simply want to make sure you don't get your insurance after you've already gotten the disease.

If the latter, I guess that is problematic. Sheesh. 

When you enter Thailand that’s Day 1

• 4 months later...

I'm trying to get my paperwork together for my O-A visa.  Unfortunately, the state of Arizona does not do criminal background checks (state law), they referred me to the FBI.  FBI background check was easily done online after submitting my fingerprints, but they only send you the results on a plain piece of paper, which is not notarized.  Thai Immigration requires the document to be notarized - but apparently the FBI doesn't offer this service.

Has anyone gotten the FBI background check done and received a notarized results document?

Edited by Buddy Edgewood
If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

sorry I cant really answer your question ... but, here might be another option.

1.       O-A for retirement ? - u need medical insurance plus the background check.

2.       u can come into Thailand on Visa-Exempt (u will need Covid-19 insurance for a short term) once in the country u can convert to a Non-Imm O for retirement. U dont have to have Medical Insurance for this, or the background police check.

• Like 2

The Non O ‘for Retirement’ is also available in the USA at the moment. No background check, medical etc.

From RTE Washington:

Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O” (retirement)

Purpose of Visit: This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 90 days without the intention of working. Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 90 days. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.

Eligibility:
1. Applicant must be aged 50 years and over (on the day of submitting application)
2. Applicant not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979)
3. Having the nationality of or residence in the country where applicant’s application is submitted
4. Applicant must have a Thai health insurance for the duration of stay, with coverage for outpatient treatment of no less than 40,000 baht and inpatient treatment of no less than 400,000 baht

• Like 3

2 hours ago, davidge said:

The Non O ‘for Retirement’ is also available in the USA at the moment. No background check, medical etc.

From RTE Washington:

Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O” (retirement)

Purpose of Visit: This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 90 days without the intention of working. Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 90 days. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.

Eligibility:
1. Applicant must be aged 50 years and over (on the day of submitting application)
2. Applicant not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979)
3. Having the nationality of or residence in the country where applicant’s application is submitted
4. Applicant must have a Thai health insurance for the duration of stay, with coverage for outpatient treatment of no less than 40,000 baht and inpatient treatment of no less than 400,000 baht

Thanks.  So, this visa is good for 90 days.  Once I'm in Thailand, I would I convert that to a retirement visa? 

I guess this method would effectively circumvent the need for a background check.  Getting health and COVID insurance will be easy, plus I'll be vaccinated before I depart for Thailand.

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

10 minutes ago, Buddy Edgewood said:

Thanks.  So, this visa is good for 90 days.  Once I'm in Thailand, I would I convert that to a retirement visa? 

I guess this method would effectively circumvent the need for a background check.  Getting health and COVID insurance will be easy, plus I'll be vaccinated before I depart for Thailand.

It is a ‘retirement visa’. 

Once in Thailand you can get a 12 month Extension of Stay each year just the same as the O-A, with exactly the same financial requirements as the O-A except you do NOT need the approved Thai insurance each year for the Extension.

• Thanks 1