IGNORED

Courtyard Pattaya North

slashlarue

Just spent 10+ nights here

no lounge. Breakfast is crazy busy if hotel is sold out.

Sound proofing not the best. Can hear doors closing and slamming from walkways

location is bit out of way. Grab to Walking Street is 220 during peak night time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tangotango said:

Just spent 10+ nights here

no lounge. Breakfast is crazy busy if hotel is sold out.

Sound proofing not the best. Can hear doors closing and slamming from walkways

location is bit out of way. Grab to Walking Street is 220 during peak night time

Doesn’t really sound worth the trouble. 

I use my points there to save some money at the beginning of the trip, half-way I transfer to a very nice hotel and pay for that one. This combination is a way to save some dollars, but complete my month long time in Pattaya very conveniently and comfortably 

• 2 weeks later...

For my first trip, I gave up the option of the CY on points to just pay cash for VT6. I'd say it was well worth it for the central location; my first trip would have been significantly worse if I'd been up where the Courtyard is. For a future trip, if I was going to be there for a couple of months, I might pick a more out of the way location (like an apartment rental in Jomtien), but I've decided to save my points for other adventures (in my case, Medellin and Bangkok).

I'm also focusing increasingly on Hilton properties over Marriott this year, so this may affect my thinking before I make it out to Pattaya again.