IGNORED

Courtyard Pattaya North

slashlarue

8 hours ago, norton said:

Yes. I agree. The fitness room was disgusting. Incredibly small and equipment literally would not work. I called Marriot international and that old pattaya courtyard was forced to give me a free membership at the Avani public gym. Which was fantastic. I told them false advertising and unsafe. 

I never go to any of the Gyms while mongering. At my age I do all my working out before the trip then just relax when there. But it did look small and saw some guys using it "while I was enjoying a Singha on a lounge chair by the pool."

56 minutes ago, slashlarue said:

I never go to any of the Gyms while mongering. At my age I do all my working out before the trip then just relax when there. But it did look small and saw some guys using it "while I was enjoying a Singha on a lounge chair by the pool."

I would say that you were doing 330 ml curls by the pool, doing "drop sets" as each curl got a little bit lighter, before starting a second drop set! 555

GOTTA stay hydrated during a workout like that!

• Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...

Doesn’t seem that far from either location. And I’m sure others know a faster route.

PJ9KxacR_o.jpeg

shYJV6ms_o.jpeg

• 6 months later...
On 20/04/2023 at 04:31, tangotango said:

Any recent stays on this place?

Went past it a couple of times when I was there this winter, but the points redemption rates weren't a great deal (ended up renting at VT6 and using a free night cert at the Hilton instead). I'm hoping it's either a better deal on points (high cash rates) or drops enough on cash rates to be a cheap way to add a couple of weeks of elite night credits to re-up Titanium next winter.

New Courtyard Marriot is nice. Clean, nice staff, out of the way a bit bit worse it if you are on points. I stayed for three weeks last July. Going there again, a combination of here and another hotel

Somewhere on this site, someone was talking about a nicer Marriott going into patio. Is there any more on that?

15 hours ago, jmukh said:

Went past it a couple of times when I was there this winter, but the points redemption rates weren't a great deal (ended up renting at VT6 and using a free night cert at the Hilton instead). I'm hoping it's either a better deal on points (high cash rates) or drops enough on cash rates to be a cheap way to add a couple of weeks of elite night credits to re-up Titanium next winter.

Points seem ok especially for 5 night redemption 

only thing out of way. I burnt my last of Hilton points this March for nice sea front room.

7 hours ago, norton said:

New Courtyard Marriot is nice. Clean, nice staff, out of the way a bit bit worse it if you are on points. I stayed for three weeks last July. Going there again, a combination of here and another hotel

Somewhere on this site, someone was talking about a nicer Marriott going into patio. Is there any more on that?

Think late 2024 the earliest 

don’t actually see any construction sites which would match the description on beach road

13 hours ago, norton said:

5 hours ago, tangotango said:

Think late 2024 the earliest 

don’t actually see any construction sites which would match the description on beach road

Press release from 2019 (pre-COVID) said 2nd Q 2024, but no way in Hell that a 1,298 room property with multiple hotels and retail will be built by then, if ever.

https://www.hotelmanagement.net/development/marriott-signs-3-new-hotels-for-thailand

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/04/2023 at 23:26, norton said:

Thanks. I have traveled (a bit, not to TL), and I'm waiting for a trip to TL before I use the points. In TL the Courtyards were at a good points rate.

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed there once and found it to be acceptable. I went for the deluxe larger guest room which was ample. did not go anywhere nearthe pool or gym because by the time I woke up it was too late from the night before. The hotel had no issue with guests. The rooms are okay. It is a little out of the way but manageable. I am not sure if I woudl stay there again because when you go out you have to go out. You dont just pop out for a few hours and come back. Once you are out, you are out (not that that is necessarily a bad thing).

4 hours ago, england972 said:

I have stayed there once and found it to be acceptable. I went for the deluxe larger guest room which was ample. did not go anywhere nearthe pool or gym because by the time I woke up it was too late from the night before. The hotel had no issue with guests. The rooms are okay. It is a little out of the way but manageable. I am not sure if I woudl stay there again because when you go out you have to go out. You dont just pop out for a few hours and come back. Once you are out, you are out (not that that is necessarily a bad thing).

Thanks for the review. The reason(s) I stated of it being away from everything is why I am attracted to it. It is a lot further away from the action than the old courtyard south, which is now the signature I believe, even though the signature was closer to Walking Street. I didn’t want to walk that far even at night and start sweating before I hit Walking Street. Which was the only place that was really in walking distance. If you wanted to go to LK Metro. You still need to get a taxi anyway. What I really want is a quiet place to stay and I don’t hear any traffic or music blaring at 0200 in the morning. Old fart syndrome.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, slashlarue said:

Thanks for the review. The reason(s) I stated of it being away from everything is why I am attracted to it. It is a lot further away from the action than the old courtyard south, which is now the signature I believe, even though the signature was closer to Walking Street. I didn’t want to walk that far even at night and start sweating before I hit Walking Street. Which was the only place that was really in walking distance. If you wanted to go to LK Metro. You still need to get a taxi anyway. What I really want is a quiet place to stay and I don’t hear any traffic or music blaring at 0200 in the morning. Old fart syndrome.

Never though about the fact that you do have to jump around on taxi/bikes from WS to LK anyway. So gues it becomes irrelevant. Back on the list cos the rooms ticked the criteira of being new and clean. 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Stayed here on points for 5 days middle of November. Takes about 15 to 20 minutes to get to the action in Central Pattaya. Good location for terminal 21 though.

The hotel is used by tour groups mainly from China/Korea from what I saw. So it was sold out most of November.

Had a deluxe room which was fairly large, no upgrades due to high occupancy. Room was quiet with no sound of traffic or music. Good breakfast with decent selection, only downside is that it gets full really early even at 8am.

• Like 2

On 08/12/2023 at 07:18, ruudebwoy77 said:

Stayed here on points for 5 days middle of November. Takes about 15 to 20 minutes to get to the action in Central Pattaya. Good location for terminal 21 though.

The hotel is used by tour groups mainly from China/Korea from what I saw. So it was sold out most of November.

Had a deluxe room which was fairly large, no upgrades due to high occupancy. Room was quiet with no sound of traffic or music. Good breakfast with decent selection, only downside is that it gets full really early even at 8am.

What points value were you able to get for a 5n stay? When I took a look a few months ago, points value was low (0.4c or 0.5c if I remember right), and the dollar rates were too low to use a cert, so I was planning to reserve certs for higher-end properties in BKK instead. If I could burn down some Marriott points at 0.7c or 0.8c value in Pattaya, I'd be very tempted.

31 minutes ago, jmukh said:

What points value were you able to get for a 5n stay? When I took a look a few months ago, points value was low (0.4c or 0.5c if I remember right), and the dollar rates were too low to use a cert, so I was planning to reserve certs for higher-end properties in BKK instead. If I could burn down some Marriott points at 0.7c or 0.8c value in Pattaya, I'd be very tempted.

Was 44k for 5 nights, not sure what the cash the value was. 

• 2 months later...

Newbie here.

I'm considering the CY for a 5 night stay in late April. Rate is 49k points with the fifth night free.

First time in Pattaya, so I'm concerned it is too far away from everything. Interested in what others think. My other option is to pay cash for something more central, and I'm wondering if that would pay for itself in transportation costs.

What is the grab fare to Walking Street? Seems like the only good option if I don't want to waste time on the road.

Edited by phlampson

48 minutes ago, phlampson said:

Newbie here.

I'm considering the CY for a 5 night stay in late April. Rate is 49k points with the fifth night free.

First time in Pattaya, so I'm concerned it is too far away from everything. Interested in what others think. My other option is to pay cash for something more central, and I'm wondering if that would pay for itself in transportation costs.

What is the grab fare to Walking Street? Seems like the only good option if I don't want to waste time on the road.

It’s roughly 1-1.5 miles from everywhere a first time punter would want to go; 40-60b motorbike and 150-225b taxi.  

For your first visit, you’d be better served with a place more central. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you. I appreciate the extremely rapid response.

I think I agree with getting a more central place. I could easily see getting a taxi at least twice a day (equivalent to around 10-20 USD, which would be about half the cost of the other rooms I've been looking at. Especially given my short time here (tacking it onto the end of a business trip), I don't want to waste time and resources commuting.

4 hours ago, phlampson said:

Newbie here.

Just saw this post by @LOTTELLEE WINNA who's trying out a new hotel that is centrally located. If his review after staying there is good, another property to consider.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, phlampson said:

Newbie here.

Stayed on points too, however I did have to use Grab/Bolt to get around. The hotel is full of Chinese tour groups who are annoyingly noisy. hotel was sold out on most of November when I went, so you are unlikely to get any upgrade if travelling during peak season.

I stayed at the Amethyst on the same trip much better location for nightlife.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ruudebwoy77 said:

Stayed on points too, however I did have to use Grab/Bolt to get around. The hotel is full of Chinese tour groups who are annoyingly noisy. hotel was sold out on most of November when I went, so you are unlikely to get any upgrade if travelling during peak season.

I stayed at the Amethyst on the same trip much better location for nightlife.

Do they have an executive lounge there?  Can image the madhouse in the common areas with Chinese tour groups … no thanks. 

7 minutes ago, momo5 said:

Do they have an executive lounge there?  Can image the madhouse in the common areas with Chinese tour groups … no thanks. 

I don't think many CY's have lounges

11 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I don't think many CY's have lounges

Actually, it’s quite common in Asia, particularly China, India, Taiwan and South Korea which all have a fairly large number of Courtyards. 

The Bangkok Courtyard near Ratchadamri road used to have a nice executive lounge which, unfortunately, they closed after major renovations during Covid.  

But, yes, outside of Asia it’s exceedingly rare to see a lounge (or even decent elite benefits) at a Courtyard. 

1 hour ago, momo5 said:

No lounge in this Courtyard, does get really busy at breakfast if hotel is sold out