IGNORED

Courtyard Pattaya North

slashlarue

20 minutes ago, tangotango said:

Any reviews?

i'm sure it's very nice but i know the geography of pattaya and the location sucks

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I just threw in some random dates. Not bad on the points side.

Di7mUl0D_o.jpeg

92wLoXVH_o.jpeg

On 25/05/2022 at 10:58, slashlarue said:

I just threw in some random dates. Not bad on the points side.

Di7mUl0D_o.jpeg

92wLoXVH_o.jpeg

That's not terrible; I assume the cash rates are working out to about 0.6-0.7c/p? After a recent shitty stay at a Fairfield in Medellin, I'm now at Platinum again for all of next year, so if a Thailand trip works out this winter I might give it a look. It definitely doesn't look good enough for free night certs or suite upgrade certs, but I'm trying to burn down my Marriott points this year and this'd be a good option for that. 

Hi Fellas, stayed there last month. I'm a Marriot member so always prefer to stay in one if I can. Stayed one night then moved to Avani.

Courtyard is a nice new building but management and staff haven't got thier act together yet. IMO.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cozmo said:

Hi Fellas, stayed there last month. I'm a Marriot member so always prefer to stay in one if I can. Stayed one night then moved to Avani.

Courtyard is a nice new building but management and staff haven't got thier act together yet. IMO.

Could you comment further on this? What's missing? Internet stable / fast enough for work?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jmukh said:

Could you comment further on this? What's missing? Internet stable / fast enough for work?

Yes please share, I am booked on quite a bit there in July and I am platinum elite. Could not use elite nights. Points needed where very low. 

On 30/05/2022 at 10:11, norton said:

Yes please share, I am booked on quite a bit there in July and I am platinum elite. Could not use elite nights. Points needed where very low. 

Be interesting to see if you get upgraded

The internet was fine from memory. Building and facilities nice and new, service and food not up to normal Marriott standard, but I expect it will improve as they train staff and they get more experience. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

i wanted to book this for January but i dont know if its guest friendly or not. emailed them, message on fb meseenger but no reply. no info on the google either. can somebody confirm ?

8 hours ago, turnboss said:

i wanted to book this for January but i dont know if its guest friendly or not. emailed them, message on fb meseenger but no reply. no info on the google either. can somebody confirm ?

I would believe they are. When they were in the Signature on 2nd road south it was. 

8 hours ago, turnboss said:

There is zero hotel in Pattaya that is NOT guest friendly. This is what this city is about and all hotels there know it. No need to worry and don't email or message them. It will just make them sometimes send you their "official policy" which will be more of a hassle and misunderstanding to you.

On 31/05/2022 at 21:20, tangotango said:

Be interesting to see if you get upgraded

I got upgraded and the stay was excellent. No hassles in anyway. Standard welcoming pattaya hotel. It is a bit out of the way but a good healthy walk to main areas and a short taxi/grab or motorbike to Walking Street or LK Metro etc. 

• Like 2

On 23/07/2022 at 21:01, h.harris said:

There is zero hotel in Pattaya that is NOT guest friendly. This is what this city is about and all hotels there know it. No need to worry and don't email or message them. It will just make them sometimes send you their "official policy" which will be more of a hassle and misunderstanding to you.

Agreed they all are but many still charge you when you bring in a lady. 500-1000 THB which is too much

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/07/2022 at 11:10, norton said:

I got upgraded and the stay was excellent. No hassles in anyway. Standard welcoming pattaya hotel. It is a bit out of the way but a good healthy walk to main areas and a short taxi/grab or motorbike to Walking Street or LK Metro etc. 

what kind of  upgrade offered?

Doesn’t seem to have any suites?

3 hours ago, tangotango said:

what kind of  upgrade offered?

Doesn’t seem to have any suites?

I be am unsure what their regular room is, likely the standard open space with beds and then a toilet and shower room. I got what I think is a small suite. Bedroom with TV, very large bathroom with larger tub and separate to that was large shower area. Next was a small cupboard area (king of odd) but also a very small living room area with TV and kitchen table (no cooking area). All and all- nice. 

On 06/08/2022 at 23:06, norton said:

I be am unsure what their regular room is, likely the standard open space with beds and then a toilet and shower room. I got what I think is a small suite. Bedroom with TV, very large bathroom with larger tub and separate to that was large shower area. Next was a small cupboard area (king of odd) but also a very small living room area with TV and kitchen table (no cooking area). All and all- nice. 

Would you have been able to work from this room? Desk / chair?

3 hours ago, jmukh said:

Would you have been able to work from this room? Desk / chair?

Yes there is a desk against the wall and I kitchen table and in another nearby section is a TV and small couch. You can work there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

While this hotel is pretty far away from the regular Pattaya action it seems, I still plan to stay in it in December. As an Ambassador Member, I think the upgrade will be more than worth it.

If I get tired of TF girls, I don't mind the long walk to the beer bars there even in the scorching heat.

I'll be sure to post an update on my hotel experience once I get there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MejbBejb said:

While this hotel is pretty far away from the regular Pattaya action it seems, I still plan to stay in it in December. As an Ambassador Member, I think the upgrade will be more than worth it.

If I get tired of TF girls, I don't mind the long walk to the beer bars there even in the scorching heat.

I'll be sure to post an update on my hotel experience once I get there.

Please let us know how your stay goes. It is a little out of they way but for a free week’s stay (for me) it’s worth it. I just like Courtyards even in the US.

According to Google Maps, it is a 500 meter/6 minute walk from the Courtyard to Dolphin Circle. Not a great location, but not too terrible.

With Terminal 21 just a little bit farther, I gotta assume it's not too difficult to snag a Bolt pretty quickly from the hotel to wherever you may want to go.

Curious to hear more about what some BMs think of their stays.

That said, I'll probably continue to stockpile my Marriott points for shorts stays in Bangkok or for the new JW Marriott complex (allegedly) coming to Beach Road in a couple of years.

EDIT:

Reportedly shooting for an opening in the second quarter of 2024 - 

https://www.hotelmanagement.net/development/marriott-signs-3-new-hotels-for-thailand

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

According to Google Maps, it is a 500 meter/6 minute walk from the Courtyard to Dolphin Circle. Not a great location, but not too terrible.

With Terminal 21 just a little bit farther, I gotta assume it's not too difficult to snag a Bolt pretty quickly from the hotel to wherever you may want to go.

That said, I'll probably continue to stockpile my Marriott points for shorts stays in Bangkok or for the new JW Marriott complex (allegedly) coming to Beach Road in a couple of years.

EDIT:

https://www.hotelmanagement.net/development/marriott-signs-3-new-hotels-for-thailand

Is there any P4P in Phuket Town? hotel looks nice.

1 hour ago, slashlarue said:

Is there any P4P in Phuket Town? hotel looks nice.

Sorry - besides Bangla Road, I am pretty inept when it comes to Phuket.

20 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

EDIT:

I was there as said previously, the staff there called in “grab” I think it was in Pattaya. Either way, a car was there in 5 minutes usually. 10 when raining. Motorbikes at top of the road (3 min walk). Central mall a 20 or 25 min walk. Great to do along the beach in the morning and afternoon. It all worked out for me. The motorbike guys were starting to get to know it. 

I stayed there the bulk of my time but did stay at Hilton for 5 days at the beginning ti be closer to action and a Avani at the end of stay for a week for action and a big pool. 

Courtyard pool is very nice for sitting around (service available) but not laps exercise. The fitness room is satisfactory to good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, norton said:

I was there as said previously, the staff there called in “grab” I think it was in Pattaya. Either way, a car was there in 5 minutes usually. 10 when raining. Motorbikes at top of the road (3 min walk). Central mall a 20 or 25 min walk. Great to do along the beach in the morning and afternoon. It all worked out for me. The motorbike guys were starting to get to know it. 

I stayed there the bulk of my time but did stay at Hilton for 5 days at the beginning ti be closer to action and a Avani at the end of stay for a week for action and a big pool. 

Courtyard pool is very nice for sitting around (service available) but not laps exercise. The fitness room is satisfactory to good. 

The pool at the old Courtyard south now the Signature was really cool. Just off the lobby and had a great feel to it.

4ZUBlUxp_o.jpg

2LYBCJIv_o.jpg

2 hours ago, slashlarue said:

The pool at the old Courtyard south now the Signature was really cool. Just off the lobby and had a great feel to it.

4ZUBlUxp_o.jpg

2LYBCJIv_o.jpg

Yes. I agree. The fitness room was disgusting. Incredibly small and equipment literally would not work. I called Marriot international and that old pattaya courtyard was forced to give me a free membership at the Avani public gym. Which was fantastic. I told them false advertising and unsafe.