IGNORED

Casa Pascal

i'm a fan of their breakfast / lunch buffet. it's around thb 265 (incl vat and service charge) and it goes until 2pm. it's my go-to location for breakfast if i am up early enough for it :)

great bread, good egg-station, solid european food offers in general. 
but: i wouldn't go there with a thai girl, the asian / thai offer is very limited and imho quite bad. but if you're in the mood for German / middle european cuisine, it's a great choice. 

biggest downside: sometimes you have to listen to old German guys rant about German politics... not my preferred topic while trying to get rid of a hangover, 555

Edited by petehoax
  • Like 4

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I concur..the brunch is a better option. The dinner looks too "charcuterie-ish" for my liking...a nice change of pace but not hearty

9 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Casa Pascal has been mentioned frequently in this forum, but as @davidgerecently pointed out there was no dedicated thread. Now there is.

I made my first visit tonight, after meaning to do so for years. Casa Pascal is probably best known for it's brunch, which draws rave reviews. It is a nice upscale place in a convenient location on Second Road across the street from the Royal Garden Plaza. There is ample parking in back.

http://www.restaurant-in-pattaya.com/

We were drawn by the current 4 course dinner special with unlimited wine. This is quite the deal at 590 with the wine and 490 without wine. There is also a 390 wine and ala cart package, more on that idea later.

I am glad we tried the special and it is indeed a fantastic value, but I would be unlikely to do so again, at least with regard to the 590 approach. It is just too much food for both the GF and myself. Still it was fun to do one time. I would caution any persons giving this a try that they attempt to get you to go for add-ons beyond what the special includes.

The place was pretty well full on a Thursday night. You need a reservation.

In short, I thought the food was good, but not great. I will point out more about why I feel that way when showing the pics. Still at this price it is a great deal.

Some pics:

The Menu

2049669961_CasaPascal-Menu.thumb.jpg.8f677e8b2aa2609525a57a5fdcb22475.jpg

Bread Basket - decent enough bread basket

1914448116_CasaPascal-Bread.thumb.jpg.f3ce4d01c6db14d2dff81fe83cf4920b.jpg

Small plate - ham and egg, just so-so

55668703_CasaPascal-SmallDish.thumb.jpg.bc8c3150e640985b39ce7a166d22aa79.jpg

Course 1 - Appetizers - quite an array, but more than I wanted and nothing seemed to stand out

1462673700_CasaPascal-Couse1Appetizers.thumb.jpg.47228a53a71b9b0488e5225cedfb8e6f.jpg

Course 2 - Pumpkin Soup - pretty decent, but I liked L'oliver's version better

1317461754_CasaPascal-Course2Soup.thumb.jpg.557ad3db5c7d8af7ff4048a01cd2dd96.jpg

Sorbet before Course 3 - very nice pineapple sorbet

2045118933_CasaPascal-Sorbet.thumb.jpg.9442052846f787bab16b382d5298bc4e.jpg

Course 3 - Grilled Baranmundi and Table side flambed Tenderloin - I thought the meat was not as good as I would get in some comparable restaurants

1886853042_CasaPascal-Course3Baranmundi.thumb.jpg.1be130fec69281923ccbb0345818d2c1.jpg

1930320335_CasaPascal-Course3Flambe.thumb.jpg.70842266c5bd1e0d27c899f67eb98f36.jpg

370965032_CasaPascal-Course3Tenderloin.thumb.jpg.97948b994fb36d8307561f06dbc355c7.jpg

Course 4 - Dessert - very good

1939630303_CasaPascal-Course4Dessert.thumb.jpg.fd29a3645d8e38ed435acaf477587b49.jpg

Burp. If we go again, I would likely order the 490 wine and a la carte option. The 690 option is just too much food for me.

It looks both appertising and good value for money to me. I will definitely make a booking !!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jimboh said:

How was the wine?

Drinkable.

I used Trip Advisor to find restaurants when I travel and Casa Pascal was rated 24 out of 1,307 Pattaya restaurants.

The rating indicated they have International, European, and Thai food.

So I took a Thai girl thinking we both would be satisfied.

However, there were not Thai items on the menu and I was not too impressed with the food.

The service and table set up is fine, but the food is lacking what you would expect at a 4 1/2 Star (per Trip Advisor)  

I don't think I would ever go back.

I did leave a bad review I believe and mentioned there was no Thai food as advertised and it has since been removed.

• Like 5

They used to be good in the past, but now cutting back on the quality of ingredients for quite some time.  Their meats aren't of the same quality as they used to be.  In all fairness, you can't expect that from the brunch anyway for that price, it's absolutely impossible.  However their a-la-carte choices have been going the same route since they've introduced the cheap-charlie breakfast options.  The wine menu on the OP used to be 1,100 even 10 years ago- they'll have to compromise on quality obviously.  Not suitable for me since it's been going like that.

I've still not made it for brunch despite having it on the to do list for a while.

I did go for dinner last trip and found it be so so.

A bit style over substance in all all honesty.

I've never been but will go for the breakfast sometime soon as if you're lucky enough to be here at the moment then it's an ideal time to try out new places.  The Centara breakfast buffet is good value at the moment being only 199 baht but it finishes at 10.30am.

Place is overrated in my opinion. Very limited brunch menu these days compare to the past, no cheese plate, no meat selection the last time I was there. I was arguing with the station grill/egg cook outside as I asked him if he can fry my bacon in the pan making it a bit crispy for me as where I come from eating fatty raw bacon that's put on the BBQ grill for a minute to warm up is not the most appetizing thing to eat in the morning. He was rude and said NO can not, I said you have no orders and your frying pan is in front of you.

Anyways it was pointless talking with him, no manager in sight and a one waitress that doesn't give a toss. Don't think I will be going there again as the place is going down hill. Best thing I had in that brunch was the deserts.

The Schlemmermenu with the free wine flow is a good deal for sure. It is increased by 100 to 690 Baht now.

I have been there a couple of times. Now I'm becoming bored of it and need a break for one or two weeks.

• 4 months later...

image.jpeg

Seafood- & BBQ Buffet Dinner

Every Tuesday – Thursday
17.00 – 21.00 Hrs.
450 Baht net., Bonus Points : YES

Enjoy a great choice of best quality specialties:
Fresh seafood
prawns, mussels, smoked salmon etc.
Sauces, dips, and trimmings
Cold appetizers
Carpaccio, smoked ham, roasted pork loin,
Antipasti, grilled vegetables and much more
Salad bar 
With 12 different salads
Dressings and condiments
On the terrace grill
Seafood, steaks, chicken, sausages
Hot specialties
Show cooking station with pasta, sauces & condiments,
12 different European and Thai dishes
Desserts
Show cooking station with pancakes and berries,
International cheese board and our famous breads,
Selection of delicious sweets

Unlimited Drink Package 199 Baht net.
Includes all non-alcoholic beverages.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 1 year later...

i suspect that @jimboh misunderstood something. it makes 0 sense for them to move to checkpoint market (it's a tiny thing with a few food stalls). maybe they open up a stand there additionally and sell some german sausages or whatever. but i can't imagine that they close casa pascal and move to checkpoint market. 

i was there ~2 weeks ago and everything seemed completely business as usual. 

to be clear: i have 0 knowledge of it and of course it's possible for me to be wrong. it just seems extremely unlikely to me.

Edited by petehoax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/03/2022 at 02:49, jimboh said:

My mistake, its Casa Espana

So @jimboh, is Casa Espana the place over on the Darkside on Khao Tala that you posted about a while (2 years or so) back? I tried it and thought it was interesting, but the GF did not care for it. Also, I was not fond of their chorizo. Still it is a cuisine that I usually enjoy and would give it another try if it were to become a little closer to home.

Edited by ChiFlyer

16 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

the place over on the Darkside on Khao Tala

Yes, same same

• 9 months later...

Casa Pascal has announced they have stopped the daily Brunch as they’ve been losing too much money on it.

Doesn’t sound as if they plan on restarting it any time soon - if ever.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”