IGNORED

Casa Pascal

Yes @davidge-   i ate there every morning for two weeks and i  heard the news right after i left..

A total disaster  -  you can replace a bar-  there was no second choice for breakfast

Last trip-  i forgot they were closed on a Monday- and walked across  to the Avanti ( or whatever the Marriot is called now)  Breakfast for two - bigger , but not better was a cool 1900 baht for 2.

• Like 1

TO QUOTE THE GREAT GEORGE BURNS

SEX AT MY AGE IS LIKE TRYING TO SHOOT POOL WITH A ROPE

IF YOU LIVE TO BE 100- YOU'VE GOT IT MADE. VERY FEW PEOPLE DIE PAST THAT AGE

It was my favorite Pattaya breakfast place as well. I absolutely loved the great selection of breads, cheese, cold cuts, jams, etc.  I appreciated it more than The Grill station.

The message below is from Casa Pascal's FB page.  It doesn't come as a surprise they weren't able to continue the breakfast/brunch buffet, considering how much food prices have risen and the amount of imported items it featured.

Evil

casa.PNG

• Thanks 2

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

2 hours ago, jimboh said:

Is there any decent buffet breakfast options in Pattaya?

Somebody posted in another thread that the Grand Centre Point Space hotel had a very good and not overly-expensive buffet. Photos looks pretty massive, but I couldn't find the price listed anywhere.

I get free breakfast buffet at Hilton - perfectly acceptable with some very good options, but I assume it is WAY overpriced. I wasted about 80% of my free days by sleeping in and skipping breakfast.

InterContinental (Phra Tamnak) has a small, but excellent buffet. Again, I think it is grossly overpriced and, despite getting it included in an upgrade amount I paid, I failed to go about 85% of the time.

9 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Somebody posted in another thread that the Grand Centre Point Space hotel had a very good and not overly-expensive buffet. Photos looks pretty massive, but I couldn't find the price listed anywhere.

I get free breakfast buffet at Hilton - perfectly acceptable with some very good options, but I assume it is WAY overpriced. I wasted about 80% of my free days by sleeping in and skipping breakfast.

InterContinental (Phra Tamnak) has a small, but excellent buffet. Again, I think it is grossly overpriced and, despite getting it included in an upgrade amount I paid, I failed to go about 85% of the time.

On Agoda when make a booking, down on there page there is always a text naming the price for breakfast if not included…550 bath? 

14 minutes ago, lovermand66 said:

On Agoda when make a booking, down on there page there is always a text naming the price for breakfast if not included…550 bath? 

Yes, but that's a discounted pre-paid rate. If a non-guest (or guest) walks in and pays at the counter, I am pretty sure that it is a lot more.

2 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Yes, but that's a discounted pre-paid rate. If a non-guest (or guest) walks in and pays at the counter, I am pretty sure that it is a lot more.

Hilton breakfast buffet should be THB 700 for adults and THB 350 for children if you don't book anything beforehand, according to the internet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

• 1 month later...

While I'm glad that they brought it back, I think Sundays were a bad day to do it.  Too many Sunday roasts/carveries at or below that price range.  

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
a624fc7b-5eb8-5782-b6f7-f0d0f6ce25c4.jpg

Things just keep getting better!
Starting this week, you can now enjoy our
BBQ breakfast- & BBQ lunch buffet
every 

SATURDAY @ 399 B. 
SUNDAY BRUNCH @ 499 B.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 21/02/2023 at 14:11, tookinky4her said:

Yes @davidge-   i ate there every morning for two weeks and i  heard the news right after i left..

A total disaster  -  you can replace a bar-  there was no second choice for breakfast

Last trip-  i forgot they were closed on a Monday- and walked across  to the Avanti ( or whatever the Marriot is called now)  Breakfast for two - bigger , but not better was a cool 1900 baht for 2.

At over 400b it was getting expensive for a limited selection buffet breakfast where none of the food was anything special.  Technically all you can eat but if you tried to do repeat orders at the egg/grill station they seemed to 'forget' the order or drag their feet a lot.  My favorite thing was the espresso machine but then I was drinking too much coffee.

Try LK Empress on Beach Rd at Soi 12 for an alternative.  The only thing with that one is it ends around 11am I think.

Edited by Kale

14 hours ago, Kale said:

At over 400b it was getting expensive for a limited selection buffet breakfast where none of the food was anything special.  Technically all you can eat but if you tried to do repeat orders at the egg/grill station they seemed to 'forget' the order or drag their feet a lot.  My favorite thing was the espresso machine but then I was drinking too much coffee.

agreed , some of the stuff are pretty good , bread coffee etc but the selection is small and the rest pretty normal.

Sizzler same same but different ; but then its not breakfast food

Edited by mmaaarrrkkk

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

I gave this place a go for breakfast back in February based on reviews on here and I have to say they are some of the most misplaced, overrated reviews I've read based on my experience. 

Very average.

The continental / cold spread inside was extremely poor, I actually thought there must be another section I hadn't seen when I first walked over. The coffee was awful, fresh juice was cheap, concentrate crap, the cold cuts and cheese were very limited as was the fruit. The bread was stale and there were very few pastries.

I get that the outdoor BBQ and meat section will appeal to some - I thought it was just OK.

Overall, I'd say for breakfast this place is hugely overrated and over priced.

I stay at Areca Lodge fairly regularly and you have no choice but to have breakfast as part of your package so it was already paid for. I ate it only once during an 8 day stay and I'd rate it higher than the Casa Pascal offering. That's how bad it was. 

11 minutes ago, BlooBell said:

I gave this place a go for breakfast back in February based on reviews on here and I have to say they are some of the most misplaced, overrated reviews I've read based on my experience. 

Very average.

The continental / cold spread inside was extremely poor, I actually thought there must be another section I hadn't seen when I first walked over. The coffee was awful, fresh juice was cheap, concentrate crap, the cold cuts and cheese were very limited as was the fruit. The bread was stale and there were very few pastries.

I get that the outdoor BBQ and meat section will appeal to some - I thought it was just OK.

Overall, I'd say for breakfast this place is hugely overrated and over priced.

I stay at Areca Lodge fairly regularly and you have no choice but to have breakfast as part of your package so it was already paid for. I ate it only once during an 8 day stay and I'd rate it higher than the Casa Pascal offering. That's how bad it was. 

Got to agree. Have eaten there a few times over the years, and great reviews definitely don't belong with CP.

8 minutes ago, thainet said:

Got to agree. Have eaten there a few times over the years, and great reviews definitely don't belong with CP.

I've never eaten breakfast there but have had a few dinners, which I thought were good. 

Edited by Bazle

2 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I've never eaten breakfast there but have had a few dinners, which I thought were good. 

Yes the actual menu dishes are good, but the breakfast buffet is not of the same calibre...IMHO

15 hours ago, Bazle said:

It's fine dining off a menu for dinner.  Completely different than the buffet breakfast.

Edited by Kale

I always felt like their breakfast buffet was good as a step up from the cheapest basic buffets at Apex hotel and Lek hotel. But that was when it was less 300 baht, at over 300 baht the last time I went it was pushing it for value. I wonder what price Apex and Lek's buffets would be now if they ever returned. 

Edited by cherrydave
typo

I suspect their excuse about closing due to ever-increasing costs is a load of guff. It was obviously profitable before, as they wouldn't have run a loss-making breakfast and lunch for over a decade. The place was very popular most days, right up to the end. If they hiked the price a bit to fairly reflect their increasing overheads, their profit would remain the same as before, and I suspect they would still retain 90% of their clientele.

More likely, they no longer wanted the hassle of being open all day long, when their evening menu is without doubt the most profitable part of the day.

As for the quality, I agree that the breakfast buffet was a bit overrated. The only real value for me was the BBQ grill options outside, and a very good coffee machine. In a moment of madness, I once ordered 4 eggs and 3 chicken breasts in one go, on top of a generous indoor selection. My eyes were definitely bigger than my stomach that day! However, the overall quality of the indoor fare was mediocre/good at best.

• Like 3

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_5685.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

FYI

Closed for annual holiday from 12th to 23rd June inclusive.