IGNORED

My Elite Visa Application (Day 1 until the End)

LASportsNut

I went to bangkok bank last week to sort out the 600k transfer to elite. The lady said something about 100k max and 6 fingers were held up. I said ....cannot!

She said use the app, but it has 200k limit, so she fiddled about and increased it to 2m. When you type in elite account number, the app knew it belonged to elite, so that was reassuring ...and off it went.

Another little hurdle achieved. 

Ride for Kicks has a Vlog out on a free Elite VISA if you purchase a condo in Bang Suray , about a year ago so deal may be out of date but gives you an idea of what's out there

Buy a Condo in Thailand and get a Free 5 Year Visa

go to YouTube and check out his site

Edited by onehunglo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, onehunglo said:

Ride for Kicks has a Vlog out on a free Elite VISA if you purchase a condo in Bang Suray , about a year ago so deal may be out of date but gives you an idea of what's out there

Buy a Condo in Thailand and get a Free 5 Year Visa

go to YouTube and check out his site

Same with the new "Once" Condo in Pattaya (Though this is a 20 year visa, not sure what the ones in Bang Saray are)

There's a thread about it here, the 1st post says it's a 2Million THB visa but the video says no annual fees so that would be the 1Million THB version (No Perks)... 

And a few Youtube videos, eg. 

Typically they've just added the price of the Visa to the Condo price so unless you really want an Elite Visa you should be looking to knock at least 1M from the asking price. 

Edited by Just Browsing
  • Like 2

On 28/07/2022 at 16:03, cregwillis said:

Hello there. Australian citizen, at the moment in Thailand. I would like to catch up with my friends for a couple of days in Vietnam and just realized i need a visa. How complicated in the whole process and where do you guys apply for it? So far i found only this source https://vietnamvisa-au.com/australia.html. Is it legit? How long do you usually wait for a digital visa?

You don't need the letter anymore and those sites are shady: https://vietnamvisa-au.com/australia.html and https://www.vietnam-visa.com/vietnam-visa-approval-letter/. I would highly recommend not to use any 3rd party visa or agency sites and go directly to the Vietnamese Government E-visa websites which is https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/. I've been using it for about 5 months now and have done about 3 e-visas so far. Usually they take 3 to 4 days (do it Monday and get it Thursday or Friday) and at MAX you should be spending $25. Other scammers will try to get you for $50 to $125, claiming expedited service but it doesn't exist right now. If you have anymore questions, I'm glad to help. 

Everything in moderation.....

7 hours ago, J0n said:

You don't need the letter anymore and those sites are shady: https://vietnamvisa-au.com/australia.html and https://www.vietnam-visa.com/vietnam-visa-approval-letter/. I would highly recommend not to use any 3rd party visa or agency sites and go directly to the Vietnamese Government E-visa websites which is https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/. I've been using it for about 5 months now and have done about 3 e-visas so far. Usually they take 3 to 4 days (do it Monday and get it Thursday or Friday) and at MAX you should be spending $25. Other scammers will try to get you for $50 to $125, claiming expedited service but it doesn't exist right now. If you have anymore questions, I'm glad to help. 

Good advice, my comment came from 12 years back after getting denied check-in at Changi on a flight to HCMC because I didn't have a Visa or Letter of Invitation. 

Good news was for s$10 we managed to swap the flights for an awesome 4 day stay in Patong, Phuket so it wasn't all bad :) 

Edit: I remember it well because it was 14th Feb 2010 & the SIA lady wished me & my friend a happy valentines holiday :P 

Edited by Just Browsing

16 minutes ago, Just Browsing said:

Good advice, my comment came from 12 years back after getting denied check-in at Changi on a flight to HCMC because I didn't have a Visa or Letter of Invitation. 

Good news was for s$10 we managed to swap the flights for an awesome 4 day stay in Patong, Phuket so it wasn't all bad :) 

Edit: I remember it well because it was 14th Feb 2010 & the SIA lady wished me & my friend a happy valentines holiday :P 

(Not to go too off topic of the elite visa)

I believe you. I actually used  https://www.vietnam-visa.com back in 2017 and 2018 and it was fine than. Now, I'm hearing people having issues with these third parties and none of them can be trusted 100%. I even had my go-to agent who helped me through the pandemic try to fleece me for $600 just recently to do a visa run from the Moc Bai border and back to HCMC so I'm guessing its been hard times (shame on him though!) but I had to end all contact. I did it way cheaper at $25 visa + $30 roundtrip ride with another company. 

• Like 2

On 19/07/2022 at 13:03, LASportsNut said:

Mine took 23 days.

They have been in and out of the office due to covid on and off for months. They could just be behind on some of their applications.

I think the time the background check takes, depends on how many comments you’ve made on Pattaya addicts over the years. They check all of them, to see if you’re the right stuff for a long term stay here. They don’t want soi buakhao crammed full of timid cheapcharlies. It doesn’t say on the website. But Elite, comes with certain expectations 🤫

Edited by w1lly
  • Haha 4

Got my welcome letter today, took about a week from sending the cash. Also got 3 months free ...so thats worth 28,500 baht lol

I'm only 3 weeks into my 60 day tourist visa, so no mad rush to affix elite to passport yet. 

Just got my welcome letter, took 2 weeks from sending the cash.  Time to book flights and accommodation.

19 hours ago, Love_to_eat_Thai said:

Just got my welcome letter, took 2 weeks from sending the cash.  Time to book flights and accommodation.

Excellent. I'm interested in knowing how entering Immigration is for you and the ride to your accommodation. Will you get the limo and V.I.P. entrance perks? Has anyone used this yet? Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, J0n said:

Excellent. I'm interested in knowing how entering Immigration is for you and the ride to your accommodation. Will you get the limo and V.I.P. entrance perks? Has anyone used this yet? Thanks in advance.

The downside to getting it upon entry at swampy is that you waste 2 'cheap' months. 600 baht tourist visa or about 19,000 baht off your elite, at least on the 5 year one.

Sorting out really important paperwork after 24 hrs travel too. I'm a bit too dazed at that point.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J0n said:

Just did this!

The Elite Representative was waiting and holding a signboard with my name on it as I walked off the ramp from the plane .  She took me to a seperate area where the pilots and stewardesses pass through security.  There the Elite Sticker was placed in my Passport and I went through security.  I only had carry-on luggage, so after I made a quick restroom visit, she walked me to the limousine.  I was at the hotel in Bangkok in short order.

The entire operation was smooth and efficient, exactly what you'd expect after spending all the money we just spent!

• 3 weeks later...

Got the visa affixed in my passport today. Had to go to chaeng wattana immigration which is in the north of bangkok. Bit of a pain but a few days in bkk has been fun and i realised i don't wish to live there.

Anyway, Elite representative meets you there and they do it all in 30 mins. Member card will be sent by DHL to the condo. 

I envisage extending it to 20 years in the near future.

Thanks to the chaps who helped me out with questions along the way.

• 5 weeks later...

Are you eligible for the Thai 5 year driving license on an Elite visa? Anybody knows this from personal experience?

I am asking because people on a tourist visa only gets 2 year renewal every time.

I got a 5yr when I renewed it , going over in July '23 to renew again so will see how it goes

1 minute ago, onehunglo said:

I got a 5yr when I renewed it , going over in July '23 to renew again so will see how it goes

And you are on the Thailand Elite visa?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dutcher said:

And you are on the Thailand Elite visa?

no normal 30 day tourist visa , if that's a fact what you say then you should renew before you get the elite

Edited by onehunglo

11 hours ago, Dutcher said:

Are you eligible for the Thai 5 year driving license on an Elite visa? Anybody knows this from personal experience?

I am asking because people on a tourist visa only gets 2 year renewal every time.

No, they only gave me 2 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 29/09/2022 at 08:37, LASportsNut said:

No, they only gave me 2 years.

Another data point - I renewed my 2 year motorbike license this February, shortly after receiving my Elite visa, and was given a 5 year for the replacement.

I did use an agent to assist, as I was getting a car license at the same time (a 2 year, for the first time), so I'm not sure if that contributed to getting the 5 year motorbike license. We didn't discuss it specifically.

6 hours ago, deejayguy said:

Another data point - I renewed my 2 year motorbike license this February, shortly after receiving my Elite visa, and was given a 5 year for the replacement.

I did use an agent to assist, as I was getting a car license at the same time (a 2 year, for the first time), so I'm not sure if that contributed to getting the 5 year motorbike license. We didn't discuss it specifically.

Thanks!

I am 99% positive that Thailand gives you a 2 year the first time regardless.

Then you get the 5 year as long as you still qualify and have no issues with your driving record.

For anyone considering getting one after reading this post, just an FYI for what they are now sending out to people applying:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------         
****PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE PAYMENT**** If you fall under the following conditions:       
- Please check if the entry stamp permission on your passport, If you have an outstanding overstayed record on your current stay, you will not be able to obtain a Thailand Elite visa under any circumstances.        
- Please check if you have a history or currently hold a Non-Immigrant type O (Volunteer), you will not be able to obtain a Thailand Elite visa under any circumstances.        
- Please check if you hold a Non-Immigrant MT (Medical Treatment) without the patient reports from the hospital, the medical certificate, and a Non-Immigrant ED* (an education visa without an official document from the Office of Basic Educational Commission: OBEC), you will not be able to obtain a Thailand Elite visa under any circumstances.        
Once again, if you fall under the condition above Thailand Privilege Card Company Limited company reserve the right not to refund the membership fee under any circumstances.         
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------         

2 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

For anyone considering getting one after reading this post, just an FYI for what they are now sending out to people applying:

Membership fee. Are they talking about the full payment?

28 minutes ago, Dutcher said:

Membership fee. Are they talking about the full payment?

That is what I read.

They are warning you not to pay if you fall into those categories and if you do good luck getting your money back.

1 minute ago, LASportsNut said:

That is what I read.

They are warning you not to pay if you fall into those categories and if you do good luck getting your money back.

Shouldn’t you already be approved at the point where you pay the full amount?

Just now, Dutcher said:

Shouldn’t you already be approved at the point where you pay the full amount?

Ya, I remember I did not pay anything until approved.

They must have some who send payment in early.