Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

My Elite Visa Application (Day 1 until the End)

LASportsNut

8 hours ago, Dutcher said:

Shouldn’t you already be approved at the point where you pay the full amount?

I vaguely remember seeing mention on AseanNow or Facebook of at least one person that was approved and paid, but then had immigration refuse to attach the actual visa to their passport. I assume they fell through the cracks in the vetting process during the early stages of this new policy of not allowing previous holders of (any) volunteer and (dodgy) MT/ED visas to qualify for Elite, which then prompted the company to include these disclaimers at the payment stage.

It could also be that the initial vetting by immigration is not so thorough, but more recently they have been outright denying these people after the background check, and they don't get to the payment stage at all.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Dutcher said:

Shouldn’t you already be approved at the point where you pay the full amount?

You get the approval letter about 3 weeks after you've paid. This also isn't the visa.

The initial immigration check is a background check, not a pre-approval guarantee.

13 hours ago, deejayguy said:

early stages of this new policy of not allowing previous holders of (any) volunteer

What's their problem with volunteers?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

9 minutes ago, ocka said:

What's their problem with volunteers?

I hope and think there is no problem for real volunteers. But many people got a volunteer visa, only to stay in Thailand, and didn’t do any volunteering at all.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

You get the approval letter about 3 weeks after you've paid. This also isn't the visa.

The initial immigration check is a background check, not a pre-approval guarantee.

Ok, that makes me feel a bit apprehensive to buy and pay a large amount for the visa with no certainty.

9 hours ago, Dutcher said:

Ok, that makes me feel a bit apprehensive to buy and pay a large amount for the visa with no certainty.

If it helps, you get a free 8gb usb stick 😅

• 4 months later...

Very interesting in this thai visa elite   , anyone else took up this visa since thread was started 

they way I look at it yes it’s no cheap.  But leaving 800 k in thai bank sounds not a good idea. 

anyone who has taken this visa your thoughts much appreciated 

Am I retarded?

ELITE EASY ACCESS (5 YEARS)
THB 600 000 Net

ELITE SUPERIORITY EXTENSION (20 YEARS)
THB 1 Million (VAT Included)

So for 400k more, you get an extra 15 years using ELITE SUPERIORITY EXTENSION 

Is that right? 20 years, 1 million, all in - but without the transfer/healthcare/promo benefits?

You know the rules, Don't trust 'em, don't love 'em - And don't let 'em fool you.

Yes I believe you’re right. Think they do it that way to give you more option 

and to spread the cost 

4 hours ago, RRosenberg said:

Is that right? 20 years, 1 million, all in - but without the transfer/healthcare/promo benefits?

Yes, that is right

4 hours ago, RRosenberg said:

ELITE EASY ACCESS (5 YEARS)
THB 600 000 Net

So for 400k more

You can buy the 5 year one and increase it to the 20 year one at any time within the 5 years, in case that wasn't obvious.

On 04/02/2023 at 04:46, taylor1975 said:

You can buy the 5 year one and increase it to the 20 year one at any time within the 5 years, in case that wasn't obvious.

Hi thanks for your input.  

are you happy that you went down this route.  Or any regrets 

thanks in advance 

On 30/09/2022 at 22:18, Ohyesuare said:

For anyone considering getting one after reading this post, just an FYI for what they are now sending out to people applying:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------         
****PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE PAYMENT**** If you fall under the following conditions:       
- Please check if the entry stamp permission on your passport, If you have an outstanding overstayed record on your current stay, you will not be able to obtain a Thailand Elite visa under any circumstances.        
- Please check if you have a history or currently hold a Non-Immigrant type O (Volunteer), you will not be able to obtain a Thailand Elite visa under any circumstances.        
- Please check if you hold a Non-Immigrant MT (Medical Treatment) without the patient reports from the hospital, the medical certificate, and a Non-Immigrant ED* (an education visa without an official document from the Office of Basic Educational Commission: OBEC), you will not be able to obtain a Thailand Elite visa under any circumstances.        
Once again, if you fall under the condition above Thailand Privilege Card Company Limited company reserve the right not to refund the membership fee under any circumstances.         
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------         

Volunteer visa in your current passport, or in any passports you may have had over the years and now replaced?

59 minutes ago, nunchuck said:

Hi thanks for your input.  

are you happy that you went down this route.  Or any regrets 

thanks in advance 

The other options were so unappealing that this was the only choice really. I do intend to extend to 20 years though. 

Having almost no interaction with immigration is also very appealing for my circumstances.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Volunteer visa in your current passport, or in any passports you may have had over the years and now replaced?

It says 'if you have a history' ...thats means immigration database to me, not passport.

1 hour ago, taylor1975 said:

It says 'if you have a history' ...thats means immigration database to me, not passport.

Visa agent I got it from says it’s only in the current passport. So who knows 

I cannot imagine what the thinking is behind refusing people who have worked as volunteers in the past.  No good deed goes unpunished?

17 minutes ago, ocka said:

I cannot imagine what the thinking is behind refusing people who have worked as volunteers in the past.  No good deed goes unpunished?

Refusing people who got dodgy volunteer visas and never actually did any volunteering. I'm sure if you could prove you were a legitimate volunteer, they wouldn't refuse you.

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

Refusing people who got dodgy volunteer visas and never actually did any volunteering. I'm sure if you could prove you were a legitimate volunteer, they wouldn't refuse you.

Perhaps,  but that is absolutely not what it says in the document you quoted.

- Please check if you have a history or currently hold a Non-Immigrant type O (Volunteer), you will not be able to obtain a Thailand Elite visa under any circumstances.

They seem pretty definite about it.

48 minutes ago, ocka said:

Perhaps,  but that is absolutely not what it says in the document you quoted.

They seem pretty definite about it.

Yeah true but on another forum, they clarified it in a response posted by someone else. The same for people with a history of Non-ED.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone that's received an Elite Visa -

Did they make you go through anything about proof of your medical condition, eg provide a letter from a doctor saying you're of sound physical and mental health?

On 05/02/2023 at 10:59, Gonetothedogs said:

****PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE PAYMENT**** If you fall under the following conditions:       
- Please check if the entry stamp permission on your passport, If you have an outstanding overstayed record on your current stay, you will not be able to obtain a Thailand Elite visa under any circumstances.        
- Please check if you hold a Non-Immigrant MT (Medical Treatment) without the patient reports from the hospital, the medical certificate, and a Non-Immigrant ED* (an education visa without an official document from the Office of Basic Educational Commission: OBEC), you will not be able to obtain a Thailand Elite visa under any circumstances.        
Once again, if you fall under the condition above Thailand Privilege Card Company Limited company reserve the right not to refund the membership fee under any circumstances.   

I wonder if they will eventually add "Covid Visa" to this list...

You know the rules, Don't trust 'em, don't love 'em - And don't let 'em fool you.

10 hours ago, CosmoKram3r said:

Anyone that's received an Elite Visa -

Did they make you go through anything about proof of your medical condition, eg provide a letter from a doctor saying you're of sound physical and mental health?

No, that wasn't required.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, 

They have a 90-day report service here in Pattaya, apparently. Anyone used it, is it as hassle free as it's advertised? :)