IGNORED

2020 World Snooker Championship

PR1977

On 06/08/2020 at 22:21, Red-Devil said:

Superb play by Maflin, beats Higgins 13-11.    Well done newbie.....

....newbie to me !

I have a sly little ew bet on Maflin @ 33/1,  his temperament really impressed, whether he can keep the consistency is another matter.

1 minute ago, BigLicks said:

I have a sly little ew bet on Maflin @ 33/1,  his temperament really impressed, whether he can keep the consistency is another matter.

Was really impressed with Maflin he looked like he’d been in the top 10 for years. Where has this game been hiding? Had a swagger but not cocky and played some lovely snooker, and he’s a Southwark-born boy like myself! Hope he hasn’t peaked too soon.

23 hours ago, Somchai1 said:

A lot of matches going the distance or near enough and most very tight affairs. What a shame there is no crowd to enjoy it at the venue. Eurosport have become the snooker broadcaster in the UK and I’m kinda warming to their coverage. The BBC have a live programme during the day and highlights late on , but are really playing 2nd fiddle to them. Jimmy White is one of the co pundits along with Irishman Colin Murray in the studio and they have a nice chemistry. The commentators are a bit hit and miss, Like Phil Yates, but the players and ex-players commentating,  not too keen on especially Neil Foulds and Dominic Dale (Voice is really annoying). Still think DIng is a good value bet  if he can get past The Rocket.

Good watching these close matches .  Ronnie again too strong for Ding .

Ronnie stirring the pot again by saying the young players coming through    " are not that good really "    The press love him but he has this happy knack of pissing people off . 

Colin Murray ?    I can't understand a word he's saying !  

Mikeyboy      

Selby   Robertson

Trump  Wilson

MaGill   Maflin

Williams  O'sullivan

Quarter final match ups   ,  5 of them previous world champions  .

I'm taking  Selby , Wilson , Maflin , O'sullivan  to progress .

1 hour ago, mikeyboy said:

Ronnie stirring the pot again by saying the young players coming through    " are not that good really "    The press love him but he has this happy knack of pissing people off . 

Mikeyboy      

You are right about Ronnie.  But, I hope he keeps stirring the pot.... keeps everyone on their toes.  :Laugh1:   

C'mon Ronnie...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeyboy said:

Mikeyboy      

Lol..... yeh Murray has a strong Irish twang, Ding played terribly in that last session, good job I didn’t have a bet on him in the end. Jimmy White looks and sounds stoned like he’s been backstage at a Led Zeppelin concert....

Edited by Somchai1

Mark Williams...  WOW !    6-2 up on Ronnie and playing superbly  .

Mark Selby also upping his game and 5-3 over Robertson .  

Trump Wilson will go the distance most likely ,  along with Maflin  MaGill

Mikeyboy

MaGill  7-` 1  up on Maflin , who looks completely shot  .   

The Brown Maflin missed into a wide open centre pocket in the 8 th frame was a nightmare . He had the frame at his mercy and MaGill cleared up .

Can't see any way back , MaGill playing really solid snooker .  

Mikeyboy

Ronnies missing too many routine pots.

His legions of fans will be disappointed again unless there's a big improvement.

Mark Selby getting somewhere near to his best , and if he keeps up this standard the others will find it tough to beat him  

Neal Robertson looked well beaten last night .

Kyren Wilson leading a below par Judd Trump  10 - 6  is no shock .

Ronnie needs to start fast against Mark Williams

Mikeyboy 

Edited by mikeyboy
add

Does Ronnie need to give away one session just to give himself a decent challenge?

1 hour ago, Pinoydave said:

Does Ronnie need to give away one session just to give himself a decent challenge?

Towards the end of the first session i don't think he had a choice  as Williams was playing so well .

7-4 Williams now .

Nicely set up for the Rocket tonight.

Great win for Kyren Wilson, the Crucible curse lives on.

2 hours ago, Eric Le Roi said:

Nicely set up for the Rocket tonight.

Great win for Kyren Wilson, the Crucible curse lives on.

10 - 9 Williams , very poor standard tonight with both players showing lots of nerves . 

Ronnie's missed red into the middle pocket was jaw dropping .  Can only get better .  

Thought McGill might bottle it against Maflin but fair play to him. Can’t see him getting past Wilson though as he is playing well and beating Trump will give him untold confidence. Ronnie saying his game isn’t at its best and he’s struggling, not sure if that’s a bit of gamesmanship or he’s trying to creep under the radar. Selby will be tough, another one i cant really warm to , but he is a tough tough opponent......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ronnie must be disappointed to be only 5-3 up.

Selby was there for the taking but you just know he'll come back stronger.

Last night, McGill played exceptionally well; its hard to see Wilson clawing his way back into the game. Then again, there are many frames to be played , so you never know!!

7 hours ago, Eric Le Roi said:

Ronnie must be disappointed to be only 5-3 up.

Selby was there for the taking but you just know he'll come back stronger.

Only saw the first 4 frames , but both players were bemused by the "Kicks" they were getting .    Made it a lottery .

Commentators blaming everything  ,   the balls , Ronnies chalk , the weather etc. 

Hope they can get it sorted quick .

Mikeyboy 

1 minute ago, mikeyboy said:

Only saw the first 4 frames , but both players were bemused by the "Kicks" they were getting .    Made it a lottery .

Commentators blaming everything  ,   the balls , Ronnies chalk , the weather etc. 

Hope they can get it sorted quick .

Mikeyboy 

HI Mickeyboy

What exactly is a "kick " I've heard the term, but never really understood what it meant.  I do play snooker - although not very well. I watch the guys playing at the crucible in awe  -  at their skills; they are absolutely phenomenal. You wonder how many years they're spent walking round snooker tables  to develop such  superb skill  !!

6 hours ago, roderick said:

HI Mickeyboy

What exactly is a "kick " I've heard the term, but never really understood what it meant.  I do play snooker - although not very well. I watch the guys playing at the crucible in awe  -  at their skills; they are absolutely phenomenal. You wonder how many years they're spent walking round snooker tables  to develop such  superb skill  !!

hI  Roderick  ,

A " Kick "  is a bad contact between the cue ball and any object ball .   Has been the bane of snooker for a long time .

Can occur when particles of chalk dust transfer from cue to white ball and then impact with the object ball .  Generally what happens  is the object ball straightens up , or goes in a straighter line than intended .  One or both balls can also jump on contact as a tell tale sign of bad contact . 

Also humidity they say can cause kicks so that is regulated in each tournament venue , but not down your local club . :rolleyes:   

My excuse  

Edited by mikeyboy
add

8 hours ago, roderick said:

Last night, McGill played exceptionally well; its hard to see Wilson clawing his way back into the game. Then again, there are many frames to be played , so you never know!!

8-8  after 2 sessions .

MaGill has done well to get this far .

Few bits of bad luck for Ronnie in that session, but he's still missing too many routine pots.

Typical comeback from Selby.

Wilson/Selby final with Selby winning although O'Sulluvan can never be counted out...will he be up for a stern talking to for punching the table....again.

I love this game and can only aspire to be half as good as they are..it is truly a game of perfection.

A question...why is there such a strict dress code? I'm sure these guys   could/would really fire up if the played in t shirt, shorts and flip flops (well, maybe some other foot attire) but why black and with a waist coat and bow tie? I play pool and both me and the table are cover in chalk and talc..

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.