IGNORED

2020 World Snooker Championship

PR1977

6 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

8-1  Ronnie ,  the Thai boy can play but not being allowed to .  Outrageous fluke by Rocket in 8th frame , as if he needs any help !

Pockets look as enormous as ever .

Mikeyboy

Thought so , our tables on third rd is more difficult... lol 

If the rocket is involved I'll tune in, rarely bother watching snooker these days otherwise, although tune in for the final generally.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rope-a-dope said:

If the rocket is involved I'll tune in, rarely bother watching snooker these days otherwise, although tune in for the final generally.

As I love watching Rocket playing , his  century breaks  are always  an enjoyable  to watch  .. I also likes watch a scrappy frames that last over 30 mins or more .. I find it very entertaining , I prefer a scrappy frames than a century breaks frames .. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Somchai1 said:

Thought Ronnie might not be mentally right for this but 8-1 is a good start. The Thai player Thepchaiya has had a decent season but can do nothing if he’s stuck in his chair. Quite fancy one of the Chinese boys to do well and that might be a good value bet. Ding might go well but will have to get past Ronnie in the second round!!!

Ding is a fine player they all respect , but he just cant find a way past Ronnie or Mark Selby who both beat him on a regular basis in Sheffield .

Does make you wonder if he will ever become World Champion as he is the best of the Chinese players , and has tremendous pressure on him to win it .

The other Chinese , Bingtao is only a kid but may well go further this year . 

Mikeyboy

A momentary lapse of concentration by Murphy, and that allowed the Thai guy to clear the table . 

Best Ronnies played for a few years at The Crucible and his biggest ever round 1 win.

Murphy really struggling here, he's missed a few by a long way.

On 30/07/2020 at 18:00, petehoax said:

i don't see it honestly. do you think the red rolls "back" unto the cue stick after it touches the other reds? or do you think he hits it after going "through" the white ball? to my eye it seems like a clean hit. MAYBE the red "rolls back" (don't know how to say this better) and touches the cue, but i don't think it's possible for certain to tell based on this video. 
the ref stood right next to it and apparently didn't see anything. 

It looked like a foul shot to me !!  The red rolled back after touching the cue - I would have thought that wasn't kosher!! 

Anthony McGill was lucky to go through ... He was winning 9-6 , Jack Lisowski  fought back to a decider but only to lose to McGill by a pink ... It was a very entertaining match , then watched Selby winning 5-4 to Northern Irish Jordan Brown in their first session ,,,, 

7 hours ago, jocky king said:

Anthony McGill was lucky to go through ... He was winning 9-6 , Jack Lisowski  fought back to a decider but only to lose to McGill by a pink ... It was a very entertaining match , then watched Selby winning 5-4 to Northern Irish Jordan Brown in their first session ,,,, 

Just watched highlights of the McGill Lisowski  match .   The final frame was a real nerve jangler and credit to both players .

Mark Selby is a proven winner but not playing nearly as well as he can .

Wonder if Kyren Wilson will be undercooked going into his 2 nd round match .  A bye is not always a good thing .

Players don't seem to mind no crowd watching , something we are used to Jocky !  :Laugh1:

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Just watched highlights of the McGill Lisowski  match .   The final frame was a real nerve jangler and credit to both players .

Wonder if Kyren Wilson will be undercooked going into his 2 nd round match .  A bye is not always a good thing .

Players don't seem to mind no crowd watching , something we are used to Jocky !  :Laugh1:

Mikeyboy

What internet portal can I tune into to watch this championship ?

4 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Mikeyboy

Shaun Murphy is gone now by a Thai player .. Shaun was up at the funeral in Portugal ( his manager Brandon Parker died ) .. Might have caused him to lose this match but taking nothing away from Noppon , the winner had made many great shot throughout the match .... A crucible without a crowd won’t suit Trump , he likes the crowd , played better but Ronnie likes the empty seat .. he said he felt good without them .. lol 

Mark Allen is gone by a qualifier, Jamie Clarke ... It was hard fought match which I enjoy . I backed three players to win the world championship but two of them is gone ( Murphy & Allen ) and third one is not looking good , Maguire losing 2-7 to Gould , finish tomorrow ... I backed a winner last year ( Judd Trump 5/1 ) and I didn’t expect all my bet to go out at first round this year  ... lol. 

Edited by jocky king
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Red-Devil said:

The curse of the crucible.....:Cry3:

Murphy , Allen , Lisowski and  Gilbert .... Possibly Maguire tomorrow. 

The two qualifiers will play against each other , Jamie Clarke & Anthony McGill ... Possibly either of those two will play another qualifier, Maflin, if he beat John Higgins.  If John does win against Maflin , I never saw a seeded player playing three qualifiers on succession  . 

Edited by jocky king

18 hours ago, jocky king said:

Shaun Murphy is gone now by a Thai player .. Shaun was up at the funeral in Portugal ( his manager Brandon Parker died ) .. Might have caused him to lose this match but taking nothing away from Noppon , the winner had made many great shot throughout the match .... A crucible without a crowd won’t suit Trump , he likes the crowd , played better but Ronnie likes the empty seat .. he said he felt good without them .. lol 

Som Num Nah at Murphy, never warmed to him.. not sure why. Then found out he’d got Stephen Maguire docked a frame in one of their matches for breaching the rules ‘returning to the table late’ due to the fact he’d left his chalk in the dressing room and went to get it . What a Cnut. Needless to say it’s a real grudge match if they are drawn to play each other now 

Kurt Maflin 5-3 to HiggIns , played like an experienced professional even though he turned into a pro in 2001 .... Ranked number 49 in the world . Very impressed with his high scoring & safety. Higgins was not at his best  yesterday , he should find one today to beat Maflin .. Maflin married to a snooker & pool  player from Norway .. 

Mark Williams playing fantastic , potting balls . Play like this , he could go on to the semi final or more . Saw him practicing with his son ( placing the balls on the table )  on bbc behind the scene interview , no agent , no coach , just him and his son on the practicing table  .. 

Mark Selby through 10 - 6 but way below par .  

Trump v  Bingtao    and  Ronnie  v  Ding    look  really good match ups in second round

Also   Hawkins   Robertson will be good viewing  .  Could be a shootout .   

Mikeyboy

How did Stuart Bingham miss that final black off the spot in his match against Williams ?   Should be 4-4 instead of 5-3 down .

At times Bingham shows why he was World Champ a few years ago and then makes a schoolboy error like that . 

Mikeyboy

John Higgins scores a maximum 147 in his match against Kurt Maflin .  Maflin 5 -3 up though .

Mark Selby just started against the Thai kid  Saengkham ,  3-1 up and starting to look like the Selby of old .

Mikeyboy

39 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

John Higgins scores a maximum 147 in his match against Kurt Maflin .  Maflin 5 -3 up though .

Mark Selby just started against the Thai kid  Saengkham ,  3-1 up and starting to look like the Selby of old .

Mikeyboy

Saw a 147 break .., thought he was fucked when he was in trouble with a difficult center pocket .. when did that , all looked easy afterward ... £55,000 for 147 & highest break ... not bad .. Alan Taylor , a qualifier ( out of last 32 ) was hoping for a £15,000 for his 145 break ( highest break ) but dashed now by Higgins 

8-8 ... Maflin threw away two frames when making two over 60 breaks when Higgins twice cleared the table to win . Maflin is fuming inside .. Should have been 10-6 . 

Thai guy takes 4 frames on the bounce....   there's a long way to go but,  Selby is not looking comfortable.

• Like 2

Superb play by Maflin, beats Higgins 13-11.    Well done newbie.....

....newbie to me !

Edited by Red-Devil

Maflin deserved the win 100 % ... In the last frame when he was 63 up , there was an easy plant to finish off the match but went for a difficult and missed it , And took another 10 + minutes ... He was sweating .. lol .. Happy for him .. He will get a guaranteed £50,000 ... Higgins will be happy with £85,000 ( 147 & highest break & second rd prize ) unless no one will match his 147 ... lol 

A lot of matches going the distance or near enough and most very tight affairs. What a shame there is no crowd to enjoy it at the venue. Eurosport have become the snooker broadcaster in the UK and I’m kinda warming to their coverage. The BBC have a live programme during the day and highlights late on , but are really playing 2nd fiddle to them. Jimmy White is one of the co pundits along with Irishman Colin Murray in the studio and they have a nice chemistry. The commentators are a bit hit and miss, Like Phil Yates, but the players and ex-players commentating,  not too keen on especially Neil Foulds and Dominic Dale (Voice is really annoying). Still think DIng is a good value bet  if he can get past The Rocket.