IGNORED

Bad Experience - Nam's Taxi

Coffee215pm

Used Nam's taxi for my newbie trip, and everything was perfect

Ofc couse, as any given service/business, a bad situation might happen to anyone.. sorry for you, mate

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i booked the service i always use........... one of Nam's rivals...............couple of years ago for 2 piss head mates. 08 30 departing from pattaya to swampy.

they were quite surprised to see me turn up just after 8. 

"worried the cab will fail to show?"

" no i was worried you lot would still be in bed out for the count!"

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Following the last I ceased to use this lady's service, it is easy for a company to lose sight of customer service once they become popular.

This.  And also, it's not like buying a product of a known quality.   If I buy a coke I know what I'm getting.  Dealing with people is a bit different.   

I used nams maybe half a dozen times or so and had no problems.  On my last trip I booked and the driver was at the airport as usual and was friendly and what not.  But she spent half the time driving to pattaya playing with line on her damn phone and came pretty close to causing an accident. 

It wasn't until well after it happened I thought I should have sent nam a message about it.  That would have been the best thing to do I'm sure.

I'd still use her service again, but I wouldn't feel any safer than with any other taxi driver picked at random to be honest.

Edit, just to add when she wasn't playing the phone she several times tried to encourage me to look at a catalogue  full of adverts for or consider booking days out to some of the local tourist shite I've no interest in.  So overall a really bad experience.

I always use nam. Always book the day before . Never in advance, once I left my phone in the departing trip back to bkk. Shat my pants. But they brought my phone back in time for me to make my flight

31 minutes ago, gorditoslayer said:

I always use nam. Always book the day before . Never in advance, once I left my phone in the departing trip back to bkk. Shat my pants. But they brought my phone back in time for me to make my flight

Same thing happened with me. They returned the phone in less than 30 mins and that night it was raining crazy.

Nam's has always been spot on. Girl waiting,  car clean, driver safe.

No problems ever.

7 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I have had 3 incidences of varying problems, and the response I received was similar. Following the last I ceased to use this lady's service, it is easy for a company to lose sight of customer service once they become popular.

Who do you use now, if you don't mind saying?

6 hours ago, deano4598 said:

ShaneFalco, mate I generally start by removing such threads till a bad review is confirmed. I do this as many times in the past, what is posted is far from what actually happend and only one side of the story, so unfairly running down a business and as you will be aware, some shit sticks.

Do not be confused mate, if I had seriously not believed the poster you would not have seen it. 

I have not been a recipient of such cutesy in the past, I look forward to being so in the future.  

13 hours ago, Queef_Sniffer said:

The lesson learned, NEVER take AM flights again. Take either daytime or evening flights. Finding a late min cab is a hell of a lot easier at 9pm, than it is at 340am. 

Im also paranoid like you. Probably even further. To any place I go, I make sure I stay at the same city as the airport for the last day. I'd stay in Bangkok at the last day I'm there to make sure I dont miss the flight! 

25 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Who do you use now, if you don't mind saying?

I use our own drivers and one of our own vehicles. Which does of course not help you unfortunately  :D. In this town whenever you make a recommendation for someones service it will reflect back on you. 

21 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I use our own drivers and one of our own vehicles. Which does of course not help you unfortunately  :D. In this town whenever you make a recommendation for someones service it will reflect back on you. 

Understood :)

22 hours ago, deano4598 said:

@Encora Mate as you are close to Nam, can you please check this. I am allowing it to stay as it seems kosher and this would be a very rare event for Nam's service.

Got this a few minutes ago. I can confirm this balls up did happen, Nam mentioned it yesterday, she feels bad about it, but I can’t confirm details since she is in the air herself right now until later this morning  and at 5.00 AM I dont want to wake up Chanya to get details.

will try and get more on it later and discuss with them, if it happened as reported, how to find a way to deal with this kind of thing better in future. 

In reality, shit will happen from time to time, but we can try and find ways to make it happen as rarely as possible, and maybe find ways to mitigate the outcome.

in the meantime, again apologies to the OP, I can assure him this kind of thing is not taken lightly, we are aware reputation can take years to build, but only a few short moments to destroy.

6 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I have not been a recipient of such cutesy in the past, I look forward to being so in the future.  

Had I seen anything Cerberus, Iwould have indeed extended you the courtesy, contraryto popular opinion, we Mods do not see every post made on the forum.

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

but we can try and find ways to make it happen as rarely as possible, and maybe find ways to mitigate the outcome.

Maybe pay compensation, that will focus their mind to turn up. Luckily the op didn't miss his flight

11 hours ago, Cerberus said:

So the DD buss everytime... ;)

/Mike

10 hours ago, Encora said:

in the meantime, again apologies to the OP, I can assure him this kind of thing is not taken lightly, we are aware reputation can take years to build, but only a few short moments to destroy.

Personally I think Nam has quite a decent cushion...... the OP is probably lost forever.... but most customers only visit a few times a year and are creatures of habit. I know I've had good service in the past so next time I'll just find my previous email, alter the details and send it again 

but this sort of report would certainly put of new customers 

I used Nam's services everytime I needed a taxi.

Always showed up early so never had to wait for the taxi.

I always confirm with Nam on line a couple of days before I need the service just to be on the safe side but also to make sure she knows that I'm a legit customer.

Last year when I got put off in the airport I forgot my jacket that had my phone and my house keys :Hit_Self: I didnt notice until 3 min later a thai lady is yelling for me inside the airport and its Nam's driver running towards me with my jacket. That really saved my ass.

I could have been standing back in Denmark without my phone and house keys that would really have sucked.

So can only say I'm really happy with Nam's service.

But I would be really pissed if I was forgotten especially for my trips to the airport because of the risk of missing the plane. Going to Pattaya not fun but arriving 30 min earlier or later what ever.

@Encora maybe offer the OP a free forward and back (BKK-PAT-BB) next time he comes to Thailand to get him back and see he can trust the service. @Coffee215pm

I love Bare Breasts and Cunt In Pattaya - ℹ️ 😍 🥧

Have used this service in the past with no problems whatsoever. Always on time and professional. Have rebooked for next week.

22 hours ago, MaiMeSatang said:

This.  And also, it's not like buying a product of a known quality.   If I buy a coke I know what I'm getting.  Dealing with people is a bit different.   

I used nams maybe half a dozen times or so and had no problems.  On my last trip I booked and the driver was at the airport as usual and was friendly and what not.  But she spent half the time driving to pattaya playing with line on her damn phone and came pretty close to causing an accident. 

It wasn't until well after it happened I thought I should have sent nam a message about it.  That would have been the best thing to do I'm sure.

I'd still use her service again, but I wouldn't feel any safer than with any other taxi driver picked at random to be honest.

Edit, just to add when she wasn't playing the phone she several times tried to encourage me to look at a catalogue  full of adverts for or consider booking days out to some of the local tourist shite I've no interest in.  So overall a really bad experience.

I really wish you would have reported this to Nam soon after your bad experience. Most drivers know better then that, but there are some that break all set rules. The trouble is, Nam needs to know before she can weed them out.
A few of hem have been dropped of her driver list for similar things.

She is mortified about what happened a few days ago, but there is no way of avoiding that sometimes things will go wrong. We are currently talking about better ways we can deal with such emergencies. 
One idea is maybe have a designated standby driver at night who can jump in and replace a driver who missed an appointment. 

In daytime, that is usually not a problem, but different in the middle of the night.
The trouble is so far, if you have to go call around at 3.00 AM to find a driver, it will take time, and usually it is in fact faster to get the hotel to find one, as galling as that may be.
Another good reason to give yourself plenty of build in 'safety' time when making a booking.

On 21/05/2019 at 15:28, ShaneFalco said:

You are "allowing" it to stay ?

I am a bit confused here, as i havent seen any mod write like this before on the forum. Even if a company have overall great reviews, there are bound to be a bad one once in a while.

The way your post reads, to me at least, is that you dont really believe the poster and has to have someone get confirmation from the company that they did actually mess up 1 (One!!) order.

I hope i have misunderstood your post, and if so, i apologize for that. 

You say @deano4598 did not believe the OP. I Quote his reply. " I am allowing it to stay as it seems kosher and this would be a very rare event for Nam's service. " What part of that did you not understand? He stated that the post seemed kosher.

image.png

If I remember well some time ago, some stupid fool posted a completely fake report on the other thread about her service, insisted it was true, then later admitted he made it all up. I am grateful that mods are a bit cautious with critical comments about services. A lot of damage can be done by some false accusation.

In this case, it was certainly true that he missed being picked up because his driver slept in, other details I am still checking. As I wrote before, Nam was very upset by this happening, she realises how bad it is for her reputation.

21 minutes ago, Jebb said:

You say @deano4598 did not believe the OP. I Quote his reply. " I am allowing it to stay as it seems kosher and this would be a very rare event for Nam's service. " What part of that did you not understand? He stated that the post seemed kosher.

The part about the "Allowing" it to stay and seeking confirmation from the company or someone related to it. 

If there is a poor review on a BG, should that be removed until a mod has heard her side of story ? Or a bad review of a restaurant ?

Anyways, deano4598 already replied on his own behalf, so it is all good to me

17 minutes ago, Encora said:

If I remember well some time ago, some stupid fool posted a completely fake report on the other thread about her service, insisted it was true, then later admitted he made it all up. I am grateful that mods are a bit cautious with critical comments about services. A lot of damage can be done by some false accusation.

In this case, it was certainly true that he missed being picked up because his driver slept in, other details I am still checking. As I wrote before, Nam was very upset by this happening, she realises how bad it is for her reputation.

In any company, big or small, mishaps are bound to happen. Good on her for not trying to deny it.

I have never used Nam's, not because of a bad review or anything like that, i just take the bus from BKK to Pattaya, and when going back to swampy i just grab the first taxi available.

In any organisation big or small, mistakes happen. It is how these mistakes are dealt with that determines whether that company deserves future custom. It would have been very easy in this case for some form of smokescreen to have been created and liability denied......this did not happen and good on you for holding your hands up and accepting that an error was made. It makes me more confident in using this company because mistakes are being addressed and hopefully avoided in the future.

13 minutes ago, ShaneFalco said:

In any company, big or small, mishaps are bound to happen. Good on her for not trying to deny it.

I have never used Nam's, not because of a bad review or anything like that, i just take the bus from BKK to Pattaya, and when going back to swampy i just grab the first taxi available.

I have used Nam's service for many years and on the odd occasion I have had a few minor issues . If  I do I call Nam immediately and the issue has been resolved.

One time they went to great lengths to pick up a friend of a friend  from the airport, the request was a last minute one , relaying messages through three parties  ( on my side.). which changed a few times..

Archived