Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bad Experience - Nam's Taxi

Coffee215pm

6 minutes ago, rope-a-dope said:

I used nams service last trip, all fine.. I personally would be avoiding 3am wake up calls and 4 am taxis, just because fallbacks are trickier and screw getting up at ungodly hours, or boozing right through and rushing to cabs. Generally a noon-afternoon time flight home...why hurry home?

Dunno. Everyone is different.  I like to arrive mid morning to early afternoon but prefer to fly home late evening or after midnight because of arrival times at home.  Normally means paying for an extra day in whatever hotel but I don't mind because it's my preference.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Paling said:

I believe the majority of us has Line, so that can be an option as well.

I normally send Chanya a message when I board on my last flight to say the flight is on time or if it’s been delayed. At least that way I know they know I’m still coming.  

In Pattaya I normally send a reminder the day before, just to check everything is okay. Never had any issues.

When they have your flight no, they can google flight info, why do you hold their hand.?.

In a restaurant,  do you tell the chef how to cook your meal?

28 minutes ago, rickyroo said:

When they have your flight no, they can google flight info, why do you hold their hand.?.

<snipped unnecessary snide remark>

I also send a confirmation email before boarding my the last leg of my journey back to Thailand, just as I do the day before I depart Thailand. Serves as a friendly reminder to the taxi service about my reservation. Better to be proactive than reactive to avoid possible problems.

Jeez..just seen this thread...reminded me to book as I'm flying in five days.

Been with Nam since she started up..four trips a year...5 stars out of 5 from me...never once had an issue.

34 minutes ago, rickyroo said:

In a restaurant,  do you tell the chef how to cook your meal?

When it comes to steak, definitely! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Shit happens, but really sucks when going to the airport. I always go an hour in advance, just incase. 

A few years back she also forgot to pick me up in the airport, think i actually put it in a post somewhere on the board. She had that resolved very fast as i recall. 

No eternal rewards will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

Where was OP staying that he had a hard time finding a taxi, even at 3am? Had a driver flake on me once at around the same time and I got a random street taxi in under 10 minutes called by the hotel. Not saying it didn't happen to OP, but rather there seems to be an abundance of taxis at just about all hours. 

I use a driver that almost always drives me herself. I really like that because she's a safe driver and not trying to push services on me. Find a good driver and request that driver always be in person. Maybe promote that relationship with a good tip on the first couple rides. 

I have used Nam’s Taxi service since she started. She is very professional. Always received good service.

Archived