IGNORED

Bad Experience - Nam's Taxi

Coffee215pm

Just to pile on a bit. 

Please Please Please, if your service is not up to the expectations that Nam demands.  Safe driving, customer focus, on time, clean car, water bottle offered is what she expects.  If this does not occur, please send her an email.  Due to her hard work and also the commitment of most of her drivers, the company has grown. 

She has a good sized list of drivers so does not hesitate to remove drivers that do not live up to her standards.

Also an email for outstanding service is appreciated.  Nam's regular drivers all really like being involved with this institute.  They all appreciate that for the most part the people they pick up are nice good people.  For some it has made a big impact on their families.  

Okay  rant over.

See everyone in two weeks,

Joker...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess this could have happened to anyone. The lesson learnt is to have a deadline --if my taxi does not show up at a certain time I will start looking for an alternative ride -just a point I always take one of the guys along second road whenever I am going  bkk...easier than an online booking.

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

I was hesitant to book with Nam again on my return trip back to the airport after reading this and a few minor issues I’ve had myself but she still has been consistently much better than Mr T or just jumping into a regular cab so I’ll keep using her services.

Her admitting the issue and not putting the blame on the customer somehow was a good sign and nobody’s perfect.

she still has been consistently much better than Mr T

Mr T has never let me down, if he ever does he will be binned, you can't let these people off for not turning up, overslept, poor excuse. Where are the checks in place to ensure the car is on its way

22 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

Mr T has never let me down, if he ever does he will be binned, you can't let these people off for not turning up, overslept, poor excuse. Where are the checks in place to ensure the car is on its way

Every time for me they have always been early and waiting for me. 

If you can't see them about 15 mins prior to pick up then just call Nam.

usually though Nam will send photo of the driver and type of car and her LINE so you could always message the driver.

33 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

I meant consistently better for me. Mr T has let me down more than a few times and couldn't care less when I let him know. I feel his quality control standards and control over drivers is nothing close to Nam's. 

I meant consistently better for me. Mr T has let me down more than a few times and couldn't care less when I let him know. I feel his quality control standards and control over drivers is nothing close to Nam's. 
Crazy to use them if they "let me down more than a few times" assuming that's true

I've booked Nam's taxi about 20 odd times now. Only 1 slightly negative experience when the lady got lost in Pattaya, did a few loops to find my hotel with the help of a little back seat driving on my part. I'd still recommend the service. Grab a few cold beers for the ride from 7/11:)

Nam got back to me early this morning my time about her side of the events that night. 

She said that she got a call from a lady at the hotel of the OP, who told her the taxi hadn't arrived. She told the lady "Please hang in there a moment, I will check and get back to you"
She then phoned the driver, found out she slept in, hung up and immediately went to find a back up driver. One got back to her pretty fast and lived close by the OP's hotel, and went here straight away. But while she was underway, the hotel reception also tried to find a back up, when Nam's back up arrived, she was told she was not needed. 
I have no idea about timeline, I have no ideas if the OP was told about Nam's back up driver, whether he had left already or not.

There may have been some communication issues, there may have been some panic, I know all to well how I felt when I was going to miss my plane at 4.30 AM a few years ago...

Nam assures me that her backup reached the hotel well in time to get him to the airport in time for check in, had he still been waiting. Based on my experiences with her over the past six years, I accept her assurance.

I had yesterday started to think up a system whereby each evening, she determines a regular driver to be the nights back up, who can instantly be reached if something like this happens, with incentives and standard contact procedures. While communicating with her early this morning, I found she already has this in place. It just takes some time, but the safety margin built into the booking time should cover that. 
Still, sometimes, things go wrong, and she certainly regrets this one...

2 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
2 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Crazy to use them if they "let me down more than a few times" assuming that's true

I have no reason to lie. Mr T was the only “trusted” taxi company I knew for awhile and the cheapest so I gave him a few chances before I stopped using him. That’s why I’m willing to pay 200 baht more for Nam and like I said, I’ve had some minor issues with her drivers too but nothing comparable. But you can think what you like Scuba, not sure what your issues are and don’t really care.

On 21/05/2019 at 09:03, Coffee215pm said:

Worst part? There was a DUI checkpoint on the highway and my driver was in tears as we approached  .. terrible experience for me...

So your " driver was in tears"  , because he got stopped a DUI checkpoint ......., "in tears" .....really? 

Things don't always go as planned , anyway you managed to get alternative transport , and got on your plane , and everything turned out OK.

You chose Coffee215pm as your board name ......maybe cut back a bit on the caffeine , and relax a bit.

3 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

Every time for me they have always been early and waiting for me. 

If you can't see them about 15 mins prior to pick up then just call Nam.

usually though Nam will send photo of the driver and type of car and her LINE so you could always message the driver.

You must be a VIP Customer. I used Nam back in the time she was a one woman team, but I never got to know my driver in advance. 

That said. I only use her service after she went into business. Before it was Mister T. IMHO to pay 200 baht more is well worth it. I did never visit a gas station to fill up with Nam, something that I experienced on every drive with Mr. T. No little Schumi with Nam either. The way the problem in this thread was dealed with, I will keep using her service. 

Yes, the fuel stop seemed obligatory with some but never had it with Nams drivers.

image.png

7 hours ago, Syco said:

So your " driver was in tears"  , because he got stopped a DUI checkpoint ......., "in tears" .....really? 

Things don't always go as planned , anyway you managed to get alternative transport , and got on your plane , and everything turned out OK.

You chose Coffee215pm as your board name ......maybe cut back a bit on the caffeine , and relax a bit.

Yes, she was in tears, I'm guessing there is a harsh enough penalty for illegal taxi services.  Seeing her reaction triggered a concern that I could be stranded at the DUI checkpoint if she was caught, resulting in a missed flight.  It was a stressful situation, coffee or not, and I am just sharing the experience with the community....

Not sure why you're trolling me??

10 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

I have the same experiences with Mr T.

First 2 out of 3 of all my pickups at the airport, the driver would have to stop for fuel before getting to Pattaya, adding 20 to 30 minutes to the trip to the hotel. Also a few of the cars were such, that I didn't think we would make it to the airport on the return.

The kicker was not being picked up at 2:00 AM at the hotel for the return to BKK. I had even gone back in his shop the previous morning to reconfirm to booking. When I called at 2:15 AM, I was told that I didn't have a booking. That was the last time I used him.

Thankfully the guys at the LK Metropole got me a quick ride back to the airport.

I have used Nam's service about 20 or more times now as well as many of my friends that I had recommended her to. So far not any problems at all.

Its unfortunate that this happened to the OP. I know from experience, once by Mr T and once by Mr Toom, being at the hotel in the wee hours of the morning and your ride doesn't show up.

At least she is taking steps to insure it doesn't happen again.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

On 21/05/2019 at 20:07, SteveX08 said:

used Grab for transport from Mo Chit to Don Mueng - 240 baht ( no tolls).

There is a shuttle bus - I think I paid 30baht

Use a private Taxi to and from the airport, facebook messages me 1 hr before pickup from the house to say he will be on time, and about 12hrs before landing in swampy to confirm flight arrival 5>6 trips a year never been let down in the past 10 yr 

43 minutes ago, maliminer said:

Use a private Taxi to and from the airport, facebook messages me 1 hr before pickup from the house to say he will be on time, and about 12hrs before landing in swampy to confirm flight arrival 5>6 trips a year never been let down in the past 10 yr 

That might be a good suggestion for @Encora to pass on to Nam. Have the driver send an SMS a an hour or so before the pickup time to reconfirm from their end they haven't forgotten the reservation.

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

That might be a good suggestion for @Encora to pass on to Nam. Have the driver send an SMS a an hour or so before the pickup time to reconfirm from their end they haven't forgotten the reservation.

That would be brilliant if you have a Thai SIM. 

I switched my Spanish phone on at Suvnarhabuni on arrival in February and it cost me 30 Euro. 

Would you want to pay £27 to receive an SMS from a taxi driver?

59 minutes ago, Jarrod2518 said:

There is a shuttle bus - I think I paid 30baht

You’re correct.  Google live traffic told me car/ taxi would take about 25mins or bus about 1hr15mins at that time of day.

I chose a visit to Lolita’s, and a Grab taxi instead of the shuttle  bus.....

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

5 minutes ago, rickyroo said:

I switched my Spanish phone on at Suvnarhabuni on arrival in February and it cost me 30 Euro. 

Simple solution, specify at the time of a reservation your preferred method of receiving the confirmation message.

1 hour ago, rickyroo said:

Get a prepaid sim on arrival, exit # 3 usually come with a data bundle 

16 hours ago, JABL said:

I guess this could have happened to anyone. The lesson learnt is to have a deadline --if my taxi does not show up at a certain time I will start looking for an alternative ride -just a point I always take one of the guys along second road whenever I am going  bkk...easier than an online booking.

I don't use Nam's service, I use Tom Taxi service.  I have used Mr T and Meow in the past.  Pretty much every time the drivers are 10-15 minutes early.  If the driver doesn't show up at the intended time, I would call right away.  Which brings up a couple of points:

1. always have the phone number of the taxi service handy

2. always have a bit of load on your phone

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I believe the majority of us has Line, so that can be an option as well.

I normally send Chanya a message when I board on my last flight to say the flight is on time or if it’s been delayed. At least that way I know they know I’m still coming.  

In Pattaya I normally send a reminder the day before, just to check everything is okay. Never had any issues.

I used nams service last trip, all fine.. I personally would be avoiding 3am wake up calls and 4 am taxis, just because fallbacks are trickier and screw getting up at ungodly hours, or boozing right through and rushing to cabs. Generally a noon-afternoon time flight home...why hurry home?

Archived