IGNORED

BEWARE - "new policy" at Hilton: only over 20 allowed

Luv2Phuket

2 minutes ago, markytee said:

Nah, I prefer to stay at places like LK Residence good hotel 3x cheaper than the Hilton which means I can stay 3x longer :)

Fair dinkum, or save x3 and stay at the Hilton :GrinNod1:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, slalom said:

Fair dinkum, or save x3 and stay at the Hilton :GrinNod1:

Yes I'll stay at the Hilton so I can impress woman who are 10x cheaper to have sex with than back home.

6 minutes ago, markytee said:

Yes I'll stay at the Hilton so I can impress woman who are 10x cheaper to have sex with than back home.

Good lad, you'll make the girls very happy :Clap:

A post-script....and MORE added confusion (or is it clarification?)...

I got back early with my BF from Panda on Friday night - guy at security/bell desk said nothing and did not ask for ID; girls at front desk on 16 said nothing and did not check ID

So I now have NO FUCKING CLUE what their policy is! 55555

FWIW, looking at photos, the 19 yr old DOES look younger than 24 year old from Friday.

Checked out Saturday, so I can’t provide any more data.

Despite my bitching about it, the Hilton is a great value IF booked on points by Diamond or Gold members - free breakfast; free snacks in lounge every night (sushi, pork Katsu, etc. served as my dinner most nights); pretty good-sized rooms. I ate my ass off, had an upgrade to a suite one night and had a full seafront room for the other 5 nights - grand total out of pocket: $0. I moved to SeaMe Springs Tree when my plans changed, and Hilton was going to cost me 9,900 baht per night for the 3 nights I needed....GTFOH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 13/02/2019 at 06:39, Judge Dredd said:

This policy has been in place at the LK hotels for some time, they do however have a notice on the desk stating the fact. Last time I stayed at the LK Royal Suite I got a 20 year old from Thai Friendly, when she handed her ID over the receptionist said she was 19 and could not come to my room the girl insisted she was 20. I checked her ID and pointed out t@hat her birthday was a month before making her 20. Receptionist apologised and up to the room we went. 

so basically the receptionist is bad at math :)

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 21:35, markytee said:

Nah, I prefer to stay at places like LK Residence good hotel 3x cheaper than the Hilton which means I can stay 3x longer :)

Agree, but some individuals like the OP was staying for free.  One who is still working could be having his employer pay for the room on business trips.  Then when he goes on holiday the room is free.

On 16/02/2019 at 18:39, Luv2Phuket said:

A post-script....and MORE added confusion (or is it clarification?)...

I got back early with my BF from Panda on Friday night - guy at security/bell desk said nothing and did not ask for ID; girls at front desk on 16 said nothing and did not check ID

So I now have NO FUCKING CLUE what their policy is! 55555

FWIW, looking at photos, the 19 yr old DOES look younger than 24 year old from Friday.

Checked out Saturday, so I can’t provide any more data.

Despite my bitching about it, the Hilton is a great value IF booked on points by Diamond or Gold members - free breakfast; free snacks in lounge every night (sushi, pork Katsu, etc. served as my dinner most nights); pretty good-sized rooms. I ate my ass off, had an upgrade to a suite one night and had a full seafront room for the other 5 nights - grand total out of pocket: $0. I moved to SeaMe Springs Tree when my plans changed, and Hilton was going to cost me 9,900 baht per night for the 3 nights I needed....GTFOH!

No way I would waste points in Patts like that...they want 50,000 points/night in mid June even.

It's more insane than a 5000b barfine

IYKYK

No way I would waste points in Patts like that...they want 50,000 points/night in mid June even.

It's more insane than a 5000b barfine

Thought they used a sliding scale, but drops to 40,000 per night if you book 5 nights (4 at 50; 5th night free).

Did u manage to get the executive plus - Bathtub balcony room on a 5 night award stay as diamond?

Have 200k hh points and thinking if should use it 

Did u manage to get the executive plus - Bathtub balcony room on a 5 night award stay as diamond?

Have 200k hh points and thinking if should use it 

I did not. Got an upgrade to a suite the first night, then to a full seaview room nights 2-6 (they were separate itineraries). Those were the best upgrades that I have received as Diamond.

Gold and Diamond both get free breakfast at the buffet, but they will bring you a little mango & sticky rice dessert if you are Diamond.

just to add some anecdotal data: both nights when i brought a girl back to Hilton last week (late / very late at night), i got stopped by the concierge at ground floor and they insisted on ID. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

i don't bar fine a girl based on age, i go on looks first and vibe in the bar/etc, if she happens to be 18 or 19 so be it, I've lost count of the number of 18 or 19 year old's i could have BF from go go's. 

is the law that a bar girl has to be 20 before working in a bar or that just a guideline like a lot of things in Thailand,  the OP said his BF was from the Palace, so  you can assume most go go's  are doing the same thing, will the Palace be closed down anytime soon, no ofc not.

I've emailed a few hotels before my stay's, and they say the girl has to be 18 or over, but i stayed at the Areca Lodge in may 2016 and the 20 plus policy was in place then.

their making things harder and harder by the day, just close down the p4p scene altogether, i am sure the 18 to 20 year old girls would love to work at the Big C or 7-11. 

• 2 months later...

Well fuck me...Yes I knew going in that the Hilton has a 20yo minimum age.  I "thought" i had done a proper interview in the bar, as the girl had assured me she was 20, so off we went.  Got to the hotel and she was only 19 as she wouldn't turn 20 until December.  Back to the bar and got my barfine money back.

After I got home, I got one of those standard emails, that ask you to review the property from Hilton.  I mentioned that I was disappointed in that the hotel turned away a guest that was 19 years old.

A few days latter I received a disturbing response from Rudolf Troestler who is the manger of the property.

"We acknowledge that you were disappointed with our services regarding the outside guest visit to your room.  May we take this opportunity to clarify that our guest's safety and security is of our utmost importance and hence we follow Thailands law regarding if a minor underage is unable to stay in the hotel without permission of a parent.  We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you".

Since when is "19" considered a minor? 

21 minutes ago, Roadglide said:

After I got home, I got one of those standard emails, that ask you to review the property from Hilton.  I mentioned that I was disappointed in that the hotel turned away a guest that was 19 years old.

Did you not think it a bit odd to mention a 19 year old prostitute you brought back to the hotel, in a customer satisfaction survey?

25 minutes ago, Roadglide said:

A few days latter I received a disturbing response from Rudolf Troestler who is the manger of the property.

In what way was it disturbing? In response to your complaint about a 19 year old prostitute companion, I would say Rudolf was diplomatic in his response. With respect, I think he was probably more disturbed by your initial survey response. 

I’m not sure if you have ever met Rudolph, but if you have, you would have paid money to see his face when your survey was put to his attention.

33 minutes ago, Roadglide said:

Since when is "19" considered a minor? 

It is a hotel policy which I always thought to be a standard industry practice,  amongst the chain hotels at least. 

Is their a list of hotels that allow 18+ rather then 20+? Nothing worse then getting finding a hot 19 year old and finding out your hotel wont let them in. 

I know guesthouses but im talking hotels.

11 hours ago, George1234 said:

Did you not think it a bit odd to mention a 19 year old prostitute you brought back to the hotel, in a customer satisfaction survey?

In what way was it disturbing? In response to your complaint about a 19 year old prostitute companion, I would say Rudolf was diplomatic in his response. With respect, I think he was probably more disturbed by your initial survey response. 

I’m not sure if you have ever met Rudolph, but if you have, you would have paid money to see his face when your survey was put to his attention.

It is a hotel policy which I always thought to be a standard industry practice,  amongst the chain hotels at least. 

George;  You DO know that this Pattaya Addicts is a place where we talk about having sex with 18+ Thai women in Pattaya.  

Specifically I found his email to be disturbing in that he used the words "underage" when talking about a 19 year old young woman.  I think that is total bullshit and false accusation.  If he had said it is the policy of the hotel...then I would not have taken offense to his email.

Think about it...This is Pattaya we are talking about, as long as the woman is of legal age, and unless I am mistaken 18+ is legal age in Thailand then there would be no problem with a 19 year old prostitute as long as she is dressed appropriately.

53 minutes ago, buzzkillaton said:

Is their a list of hotels that allow 18+ rather then 20+? Nothing worse then getting finding a hot 19 year old and finding out your hotel wont let them in. 

I know guesthouses but im talking hotels.

This seems to be an only Pattaya issue.  The hotel in Bangkok, another 5 star establishment did not have any ID check going on, only security at the elevators.

16 minutes ago, Roadglide said:

George;  You DO know that this Pattaya Addicts is a place where we talk about having sex with 18+ Thai women in Pattaya.  

Specifically I found his email to be disturbing in that he used the words "underage" when talking about a 19 year old young woman.  I think that is total bullshit and false accusation.  If he had said it is the policy of the hotel...then I would not have taken offense to his email.

Think about it...This is Pattaya we are talking about, as long as the woman is of legal age, and unless I am mistaken 18+ is legal age in Thailand then there would be no problem with a 19 year old prostitute as long as she is dressed appropriately.

Hmmmm, altough they seem quite lax about it nowadays, If I remember well, under 20 years old are still under their parents authority in this country.

So yes, if any complaint would have to be raised, 19 years old would make a difference to you and probably the hotel compare to a 20 years old.

3 hours ago, Roadglide said:

Being in Pattaya doesn’t change anything.

I always thought hotels set the under 20 rule in order to comply with Thai law relating to waivers in the hotel guest policy. Only their parent can sign the waiver and so give permission to stay. 

I don’t actually know the law, I could be completely wrong. I imagine Rudolph does know the law and I would imagine the Hilton chain is especially sensitive to any media shit storm involving a teenage prostitute in one of their hotels. You can probably appreciate the worries that man must have. 

I still think it unusual to mention a teenage prostitute in a customer satisfaction survey. 

1 hour ago, George1234 said:

Being in Pattaya doesn’t change anything.

I always thought hotels set the under 20 rule in order to comply with Thai law relating to waivers in the hotel guest policy. Only their parent can sign the waiver and so give permission to stay. 

I don’t actually know the law, I could be completely wrong. I imagine Rudolph does know the law and I would imagine the Hilton chain is especially sensitive to any media shit storm involving a teenage prostitute in one of their hotels. You can probably appreciate the worries that man must have. 

I still think it unusual to mention a teenage prostitute in a customer satisfaction survey. 

If you don't actually know the law, why don't you find out and then comment.

How can you discuss anything, when by your own admission do not know the subject matter being discussed.

You may as well discuss your own theory of dark matter.

11 minutes ago, rickyroo said:

How can you discuss anything, when by your own admission do not know the subject matter being discussed.

I remember reading on travel blogs / guides that hotels have waivers that minors legally cannot consent to. In those resources it is mentioned that in Thailand the age is 20. However, they are not official nor legally qualified resources. I’m quite happy to assume that the manager of the Hilton hotel does know the law and it is of interest that he parallels what I read have elsewhere. 

That is worth adding to the debate with the amendment that I have not found a legal resource that explicitly confirms this very specific circumstance.

Get it?

8 hours ago, rickyroo said:

Its pretty simple.

The highest authority on the matter at this time is Hilton.

You have a problem with them, not George.

IYKYK

Archived