IGNORED

BEWARE - "new policy" at Hilton: only over 20 allowed

Luv2Phuket

I just got fucking cock-blocked by the assholes here at the Hilton!

Barfined a cute thing from Palace...get back here, and the fucking security guard claims it is illegal for her to go to my room, because she was 19.

I said GTFOH!  I have taken 19 year old guests to my room HERE before!  

They claim it is a new policy....I said "how about you provide fucking NOTICE of that policy?!?"

I'm stuck here for 3 more nights because I booked on points.  Checked InterContinental and Holiday Inn, but both booked solid.

Unbelievably pissed off.

Gonna rip the fuck out of this place over the little details -- paint peeling; outside wall on suite had paint bubbled up from water damage; water from shower leaks all over the bathroom floor (soaks a towel every time I use it).

And I can't wait for my LLT to get here tomorrow and be told all about it by the hotel!  

Couldn't think clearly because I was so stunned (and pissed!), but I should have immediately caught a taxi to a ST hotel.  Couldn't think of one because i don't usually use them.

First time this has EVER happened to me (although, admittedly, my BFs are usually over 19!)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hilton simply isn't worth it.  Quickly aging roons, very poor sound proofing, overpriced even compared with other large 5 star chains and they make life difficult for the girls.  The location is good but otherwise Interconinental, Holiday Inn and Myatt win hands down

Did you just take the word of the security guard?

Maybe he just being an asshole or hoping you would slip him a little something to let up with her.

I would have check with the desk clerks to verify if there was indeed a policy change.

I had one night clerk at the Areca tell me that I couldn't take a 19 year old to the room, when their policy had been change to allow it a few years back.

I told him we would wait and for him to call the general manager. He then said go ahead and leave her ID and take her to the room.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

1 hour ago, LeoTex said:

Maybe he just being an asshole or hoping you would slip him a little something to let up with her.

I would have check with the desk clerks to verify if there was indeed a policy change.

I had one night clerk at the Areca tell me that I couldn't take a 19 year old to the room, when their policy had been change to allow it a few years back.

I told him we would wait and for him to call the general manager. He then said go ahead and leave her ID and take her to the room.

LeoTex

BM @JamesFerris has written about a similar incident at the Hilton in his latest TR so it would certainly seem to be the hotel’s policy now. . 

57 minutes ago, Dr No said:

BM @JamesFerris has written about a similar incident at the Hilton in his latest TR so it would certainly seem to be the hotel’s policy now. . 

While I appreciate the shout out, it definitely wasn't me - I've never stayed at the Hilton.

"These are not the droids you are looking for :)".

Cheers, Dr. No!

Always happy to help a fellow monger :)  Stay safe & healthy gentlemen!!!  :hello09:

1 hour ago, Dr No said:

It was in the Jake Houston trip report

i had a similar issue at VT6 a couple of months ago.....they said 20 or over because they got pressured by the police or something

LeoTex

They called the manager on duty. She claimed it was a new policy required by a change in the law (so statement re pressure from police could be accurate).

In any event, she got a “go fuck yourself!” from me.

Absolute bullshit to have a major change in policy like that, but to fail to disclose it to guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

They called the manager on duty. She claimed it was a new policy required by a change in the law (so statement re pressure from police could be accurate).

Absolute bullshit to have a major change in policy like that, but to fail to disclose it to guests.

I agree to make changes and don't give notice.

If this is a new law, the word sure hasn't gotten out to other hotels.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

5 hours ago, robert said:

It was in the Jake Houston trip report

Thanks, yes you’re right. I’ve been reading them both recently and simply got them mixed up. 

6 hours ago, JamesFerris said:

While I appreciate the shout out, it definitely wasn't me - I've never stayed at the Hilton.

"These are not the droids you are looking for :)".

Cheers, Dr. No!

Haha, mistaken identity my friend :)

Just another reason to not book your entire hotel stay in advance, hotel policies that don't agree with you.

4 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Not sure what abusing staff who don't make policy does to improve the situation. 

I’m surprised this is news to you guys.  It’s standard policy everywhere.  If you’ve been getting girls in under 20 before then it’s down to luck. They do NOT want to take a chance that the girls are underage.  And quite rightly. 

Yep sucks, I got caught out by this when LK Royal Suite changed there policy. Ended up finding a ST room on Soi Bukaow.
I have given security 200 baht though to bypass this problem once or twice but only when staying on the side where there are no hotel staff only security... (left side non Suite rooms)

3 minutes ago, Memurtle said:

Yep sucks, I got caught out by this when LK Royal Suite changed there policy. Ended up finding a ST room on Soi Bukaow.
I have given security 200 baht though to bypass this problem once or twice but only when staying on the side where there are no hotel staff only security... (left side non Suite rooms)

LK royal suite has a back entrance near the elevator and stairs. I always use it because I park my motorbike there. They dont even see you bring girls in

12 Pints in Know it all

8 minutes ago, sinbad5 said:

Not sure what abusing staff who don't make policy does to improve the situation. 

Not sure what complaints about hotel condition will do either. Irrelevant to guest policy issue. 

Just last month i stayed in a 3* hotel just off soi buakhao, they had the same policy...only ladies 20yrs & over. Though i already knew this by ringing up before booking.

BTW, no sign(s) anywhere at reception stating this.   

11 minutes ago, nzwolfgang said:

And abusing staff is just classless.  Hope you got your ass banned from the place.  

You find people that stay in 5 star hotels expect the staff to wipe there asses. They want something for overpaying on what is basically a small room

12 Pints in Know it all

Archived