IGNORED

BEWARE - "new policy" at Hilton: only over 20 allowed

Luv2Phuket

53 minutes ago, slalom said:

I would have expected a Mod on these forums to lead by example.

While that certainly applies to posts on PA, it has nothing to do with my frustrations over a couple of shitty days boiling over when confronted with Thai logic ("It is policy.  You want to see policy?" "I would've liked to have seen the policy when I checked in" "we do not have show customers the policy!"....just frustrating).

That said, you guys are right -- no excuse to blow up at the staff, no matter how shitty a couple of days I had been having.  It's actually only the second time that I have lost it over here over the years (the first was on my 2nd trip when I was at the airport to head home and my flight reservation had disappeared from their system).

Shouldn't have even mentioned it, because it has distracted from the subject matter, which is the new policy being applied at Hilton and apparently other hotels.  I think there is pressure being exerted on the hotels to enforce it, so wise to take note of it.

I'm a little disappointed the mamasan at Palace didn't give me a heads up -- I think she started to, as she was going to say something right before the girl walked up that seemed like a "warning," but she stopped suddenly.   Eh....it is what it is.

Even if KNEW the policy, I would've likely fallen victim to it, as I wouldn't have thought this girl was anywhere near that young.  I assumed she was like 24-26, given our conversation about how long she had lived in Pattaya.  Live and learn....and ask how old girls in gogos are!

As for Hilton's enforcement of this policy, I can think of 2 fairly easy ways to work around it (at least one of which was mentioned back when there was a joinder fee reportedly being applied), but not going to press the matter.  Cute girl, but not worth the headache....and my admittedly regrettable social gaffe may have security watching the hall camera outside my room 24/7 - the last thing I need is the Spanish Inquisition (whom NOBODY expects) busting into my room when my fat ass is in mid-pump!  5555

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

While that certainly applies to posts on PA, it has nothing to do with my frustrations over a couple of shitty days boiling over when confronted with Thai logic ("It is policy.  You want to see policy?" "I would've liked to have seen the policy when I checked in" "we do not have show customers the policy!"....just frustrating).

That said, you guys are right -- no excuse to blow up at the staff, no matter how shitty a couple of days I had been having.  It's actually only the second time that I have lost it over here over the years (the first was on my 2nd trip when I was at the airport to head home and my flight reservation had disappeared from their system).

Shouldn't have even mentioned it, because it has distracted from the subject matter, which is the new policy being applied at Hilton and apparently other hotels.  I think there is pressure being exerted on the hotels to enforce it, so wise to take note of it.

I'm a little disappointed the mamasan at Palace didn't give me a heads up -- I think she started to, as she was going to say something right before the girl walked up that seemed like a "warning," but she stopped suddenly.   Eh....it is what it is.

Even if KNEW the policy, I would've likely fallen victim to it, as I wouldn't have thought this girl was anywhere near that young.  I assumed she was like 24-26, given our conversation about how long she had lived in Pattaya.  Live and learn....and ask how old girls in gogos are!

As for Hilton's enforcement of this policy, I can think of 2 fairly easy ways to work around it (at least one of which was mentioned back when there was a joinder fee reportedly being applied), but not going to press the matter.  Cute girl, but not worth the headache....and my admittedly regrettable social gaffe may have security watching the hall camera outside my room 24/7 - the last thing I need is the Spanish Inquisition (whom NOBODY expects) busting into my room when my fat ass is in mid-pump!  5555

Ok I understand that your anger got the better of you on that occasion, as you say "live and learn", something everyone needs to bear in mind. A bigger man rises above these situations. Let's all be that bigger man.

9 hours ago, Mr Wombat said:

LK royal suite has a back entrance near the elevator and stairs. I always use it because I park my motorbike there. They dont even see you bring girls in

You can also enter Hilton through the Central Festival mall (top floor), this entry goes directly to elevators, bypassing the lobby entirely.

That said, on what floor were you actually stopped?

At the ground floor the staff only seems to be concerned about luggage and calling taxis, and you could have said that you were going to the sky bar.

The lobby on the 15th floor has always been optional for me, i.e. you would have to make a detour to actually pass it, and have the girls give their ID card.

Easy way around this is just talk to the mamason at the bar you are barfining from if the girl is 18 or 19 and have her borrow an ID from a slightly older dancer.

4 hours ago, supergeil said:

You can also enter Hilton through the Central Festival mall (top floor), this entry goes directly to elevators, bypassing the lobby entirely.

That said, on what floor were you actually stopped?

At the ground floor the staff only seems to be concerned about luggage and calling taxis, and you could have said that you were going to the Sky bar.

The lobby on the 15th floor has always been optional for me, i.e. you would have to make a detour to actually pass it, and have the girls give their ID card.

But the mall close at 11 pm so for most of us, it's too early to come back to the hotel with your bf. They don't stop you at the ground floor, only at the lobby I believe.

2 hours ago, h.harris said:

They don't stop you at the ground floor, only at the lobby I believe

They don’t stop you anywhere. I’ve stayed at the Hilton for over 40 nights now and I’ve never had anybody stop me anywhere nor question me. 

10 hours ago, George1234 said:

You find people that stay in 5 star hotels expect the staff to wipe there asses. Is that what you imagine to be true or is it based on years of experience in the hotel industry? 

They want something for overpaying on what is basically a small room. You are aware that not everybody stays in the basic room and even if they do, they do not stay just for the room. Secondly, you are aware for a lot of people staying at the Hilton, the nightly fee is spare change? 

Yes it is based on working at the sheraton in sydney while I was at uni.

I found the ones that the nightly fee is spare change werent the ones that whinged. It was the guests who were pretending to be big shots that complained about everything

12 Pints in Know it all

26 minutes ago, Mr Wombat said:

Yes it is based on working at the Sheraton in sydney while I was at uni.

I thought you might say something like that.

26 minutes ago, Mr Wombat said:

I found the ones that the nightly fee is spare change werent the ones that whinged. It was the guests who were pretending to be big shots that complained about everything

I have found that in life in general and across all spectrums of hospitality, you have people who are eager to complain about things and people who are less eager and it is completely independent of wealth or situation. 

If pushed to side, I would say since I have been able to afford to stay at the best hotels and so make a comparison, I noticed people maybe complained slightly more in lower rated establishments, with people in more expensive places not wanting to make a scene. Just my experience, which I wouldn’t claim to be broadly representative. 

Of course it is now quite popular to have a bad word to say about people with money. The origins of this are probably obvious. 

7 hours ago, h.harris said:

But the mall close at 11 pm so for most of us, it's too early to come back to the hotel with your bf. They don't stop you at the ground floor, only at the lobby I believe.

5 hours ago, George1234 said:

They don’t stop you anywhere. I’ve stayed at the Hilton for over 40 nights now and I’ve never had anybody stop me anywhere nor question me. 

The 11 p.m. mall closure was an issue because it was 2 a.m.  Similarly, I think Horizon was closed by them, so I couldn't claim to be going there.  

The Hilton DOES stop you on the ground floor now (at least they did me).  Security catches you coming in the door, and asks to check in the girl and get her ID.  Happened both nights that I brought girls back thus far.

In years past, they would ask you to come over to the front desk to come check her in, then they would give her the ID back on the ground floor at the security/bell desk (I don't know which it is, but front desk used to say "pick up ID at security on ground floor").

Stopping you when you come in the door on the ground floor also eliminates getting off at 15 as an option to avoid it.

I assume i could have just walked by him, but I think that may have been worse (if that's possible).

As noted above, I got the feeling that there has been some kind of crackdown on hotels by the BiB, and I think that may have led to some changes in how they used to do things.  The guy at the security desk made some veiled reference to "trouble" the night before.

One other note that MAY be related:
At prior stays at InterContinental, i was able to get my LLT listed on the room (so no ID check) just by showing them a photo of her ID card.  I tried that here at Hilton when I was moved to a new room after my first night (had 2 stays booked - 1 night on free night cert + 5 nights on points; got upgraded to suite first night and to seafront for the current 5 nights), but the girl said my LLT had to be here to do it in person. 

Not sure if I’ve seen it on here previously or on another site. But I have seen a list of hotels in Pattaya that will allow you to take a lady joiner to your room 18+ and then 20+ etc. Maybe worth checking that out or alternatively checking with your hotel by email in advance what their policy is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Gunna123 said:

Not sure if I’ve seen it on here previously or on another site. But I have seen a list of hotels in Pattaya that will allow you to take a lady joiner to your room 18+ and then 20+ etc. Maybe worth checking that out or alternatively checking with your hotel by email in advance what their policy is.

There used to be a list of "20 and over" hotels.  The main point I was making here is that Hilton says it is a new policy and it appears other hotels have done the same.  Because of that, the prior list may be a little obsolete.

It's one of those things that you never worry about until it is an issue....and by them it's too late!  5555  

1 hour ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I assume i could have just walked by him, but I think that may have been worse (if that's possible).

I’ve had one instance near Asok (BKK) where the security guard wanted ID for my LLT, as she showed up at 2 a.m., I just told him she was my girlfriend and that made him recede.

1 hour ago, Luv2Phuket said:

At prior stays at InterContinental, i was able to get my LLT listed on the room (so no ID check) […]

I don’t think the nighttime security guards know who is listed for your room.

Getting a second person listed I have found is advantageous mainly to ensure that they won’t charge you for extra breakfast, incase you bring your BF with you.

Happened to me once at Lebua (BKK), although they reversed the charge during checkout, after I complained about it.

12 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

One other note that MAY be related:
At prior stays at InterContinental, i was able to get my LLT listed on the room (so no ID check) just by showing them a photo of her ID card.  I tried that here at Hilton when I was moved to a new room after my first night (had 2 stays booked - 1 night on free night cert + 5 nights on points; got upgraded to suite first night and to seafront for the current 5 nights), but the girl said my LLT had to be here to do it in person. 

Last time I stayed there, I checked my LLT in later when she arrived (few hours after I checked in) without any problems. And she did enjoy telling the guard and staff there that "she checked in" so didn't need to leave or show them her ID. A little joy for some TG I guess.

The LK hotels started to enforce the 20+ about 5 years ago, now it looks like it is going to be a blanket order for all the hotels in Pattaya.  When I first started to travel to Pattaya I stayed at the Marriott, now that property is no longer a Marriott property and is called the Avani, we should be happy that the Hilton does not charge 1000bht like the Avani does, AND the way the Avani treats the girls is downright insulting to the point that I will no longer stay at that property.

17 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

The Hilton DOES stop you on the ground floor now (at least they did me).  Security catches you coming in the door, and asks to check in the girl and get her ID.  Happened both nights that I brought girls back thus far.

Over the 40+ nights I stayed at the Hilton last year, all I ever got from ground floor staff was a nod, smile and welcome back sir. If I didn’t look in their direction they didn’t even say anything. My last date stayed was the 17th December. 

This must be a change in policy that they have recently introduced. It is a little disappointing because I like to just amble through the hotel. Maybe, as you have mentioned, they have had an ‘incident’.

Over the 40+ nights I stayed at the Hilton last year, all I ever got from ground floor staff was a nod, smile and welcome back sir. If I didn’t look in their direction they didn’t even say anything. My last date stayed was the 17th December. 
This must be a change in policy that they have recently introduced. It is a little disappointing because I like to just amble through the hotel. Maybe, as you have mentioned, they have had an ‘incident’.

Yeah - like you, I never had the guy at the desk say anything besides “welcome back!” when I was here on prior trips, including last April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 13/02/2019 at 13:39, markytee said:

WWW:PATTAYAONE.CON/LISTE1SX

have a look at the link, will give you all the hotels in pattaya A to Z with there joiner fees

You really need to take this list with a massive pinch of salt.

It refers to "company policy" i.e. based on responses to email enquiries.

For example - if you emailed the Hilton in the past they would tell you they have a joiner fee as that is Hilton's official policy and they must respond officially. Then there is "Pattaya reality" - the hotels here understand the way things are.

Your earlier post that "high end hotels dont like it" is nonsense really. There are very few (real) 5 stars in Pattaya and the staff/managers will generally bend over backwards to make sure their customers get what they want. Always best to get "real reports" not trust rubbish like that. For example - barracuda, Royal Cliff etc will never stop a paying guest taking a guest back.

With regard to the "law" - there has always been a law stating you cannot "be alone in a room" (or words to effect) with a girl under the age of 18. This makes a lot of sense. If that law has changed to 20 it is news to me. The BiB tend to make "regulations" (not the same a s a law) within their own jurisdiction and that would appear to be the case here.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

On 13/02/2019 at 09:11, adammike said:

Isn't the law that girls have to be 20 to work in bars?

exactly the point.  They are just following the law.  No point in getting pissed off with them.  It's an international chain, so its much more likely that they will follow the law. I do beleive that their local  GM is a US chap?

2 hours ago, whitespider said:

Then there is "Pattaya reality" - the hotels here understand the way things are.

Good luck with booking a hotel in hope of it not following it's official policy.

If a hotels official policy states there is a joiner fee why risk booking with them 

3 hours ago, Swineman said:

exactly the point.  They are just following the law.  No point in getting pissed off with them.  It's an international chain, so its much more likely that they will follow the law. I do beleive that their local  GM is a US chap?

Maybe the girl who the original poster wanted to bring in looked really young and the staff got nervous.

59 minutes ago, adammike said:

Maybe the girl who the original poster wanted to bring in looked really young and the staff got nervous.

Nope -- as noted above, I thought she was probably 24 or 25 based on our conversation in the bar.

Guy at security desk seemed surprised when he realized she was 19, and he even calculated the numbers again to be certain.

2 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Nope -- as noted above, I thought she was probably 24 or 25 based on our conversation in the bar.

Guy at security desk seemed surprised when he realized she was 19, and he even calculated the numbers again to be certain.

Oh well just have to put it down to experience.

5 hours ago, markytee said:

Good luck with booking a hotel in hope of it not following it's official policy.

If a hotels official policy states there is a joiner fee why risk booking with them 

whitespider has already explained the situation, Hilton's official policy but it's relaxed by some of their hotels due to the area. In Pattaya's case a vibrant nightlife/adult theme.

I'm sure that you'd agree that a high percentage of Pattaya's visitor's are there for mongering.

Why not book a room at the Hilton and see for yourself. :ThumbUp6:

6 minutes ago, slalom said:

whitespider has already explained the situation, Hilton's official policy but it's relaxed by some of their hotels due to the area. In Pattaya's case a vibrant nightlife/adult theme.

I'm sure that you'd agree that a high percentage of Pattaya's visitor's are there for mongering.

Why not book a room at the Hilton and see for yourself. :ThumbUp6:

Nah, I prefer to stay at places like Lk residence good hotel 3x cheaper than the Hilton which means I can stay 3x longer :)

Archived