IGNORED

Has anyone stayed at the Base condos before and had a good experience

kwow77

3 hours ago, KillaKam said:

I did it for 3 weeks back in July.. it was cool.. I will never stay there again... I went to the pool and was in there with a chic.. and some Chinese guy pissed in the pool.. like the muhfukka didn’t see me in there... I was so hot.. chic had to calm me down.. before I put my hands on the guy... I’ll never go back there... location is good though... that’s the only bad thing I can say about this place.

ROTFLMAO .  Once again I am left speechless .  

• Haha 1

You will regret it, there are much nicer places around that area.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Now I have stayed in a few apartments in and around Pattaya, but only when I have my Thai missus and nipper with me. Always enjoyed my apartment stays, but have been very careful only to book places that don’t have lots of Chinese style tour groups.

When I travel as a single dude I struggle to see the appeal of condo for a short stay (if your staying for several months I could see a benefit). Pattaya is blessed with the best value hotels and guesthouses on the planet...decent quality and cheap as chips - from a 500thb a night room at the excellent Boomerang g/h, to an 850thb room at the 3star Bay Breeze, to a bit of 4star luxury at Centara Nova Spa for 1,400thb, to the 5star Royal Cliff at 3,500...all nice places and great value for what you pay.

If anybody wants an apartment like experience within a hotel environment maybe try an apartotel like KTK - very nice units with kitchen areas for 25k pm; similarly there is Amari Nova Suites (4.5 star), again with lounge and kitchen - a mate and I shared a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit which had a stunning lounge area (very nice for entertaining)..cost us about 2,000 each pn. In the same vein, there are the 3 different At Mind apartotels (stayed recently in At Mind Excellence on soi AR)...beautiful 1 bed suite. Another option is the aforementioned  Centara Nova Spa, book an standard  room for 1,400 + 1,000 for an upgrade to a clasy suite.

Just a few thoughts...condos aren’t the only option. 

(Pic Amari Nova Suites)

31A76933-3D45-4C75-A5B2-D996141033D9.jpeg

Thank you very great advice!
Also what bar do u run, can i come say hi and stop for a drink?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kwow77 said:

Thank you very great advice!
Also what bar do u run, can i come say hi and stop for a drink?

Hi Mate, thanks for the positive feedback - appreciated. I don’t run a bar, I live in Udon Thani and visit Pattaya every few months for a week at a time....hence my experience with so many hotels. Back in town 20-25 Feb if your around then.

Just now, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Hi Mate, thanks for the positive feedback - appreciated. I don’t run a bar, I live in Udon Thani and visit Pattaya every few months for a week at a time....hence my experience with so many hotels. Back in town 20-25 Feb if your around then.

Okay i see cool. Unfortunately no i wont be but next time for sure.

• Like 1

Even if a chinese guy pisses in the pool, the pool water is still cleaner than the water at "world class" Pattaya Beach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Haha you won’t catch my ass in that water either. 

2 hours ago, PeterEurope said:

Even if a chinese guy pisses in the pool, the pool water is still cleaner than the water at "world class" Pattaya Beach.

That's because he didn't take a crap in the pool.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

On 29/12/2018 at 22:01, KillaKam said:

The muthafukka walked by...we were on one side of the pool....he went on the other side...and my back was turned cuz i was tounging down the chic i was with...she pushed me and...she said wtf...look at that guy on the other side...i turned around...and this little dikk muhfukka was standing up....pissing in the damn pool.

Explain this a bit better. There is only one side to that pool as the other is sheets of glass. What time was it too?

He was standing up pissing in the pool, yet there are toilets next to the elevators that everyone will notice. Hmmmm?

9 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Explain this a bit better. There is only one side to that pool as the other is sheets of glass. What time was it too?

He was standing up pissing in the pool, yet there are toilets next to the elevators that everyone will notice. Hmmmm?

And that’s what had me hot.. there are bathrooms right there.. and it’s not like it was at late at night and you’ve expect ppl to be drunk.. nah.. it was dead ass in the afternoon.. nobody was up there... that’s why I took the chic up there... usually if there ppl up there I don’t bother with the pool..and that’s my other problem.. nobody checks the pool.. so you don’t know if the water is clean or not.

Just now, KillaKam said:

And that’s what had me hot.. there are bathrooms right there.. and it’s not like it was at late at night and you’ve expect ppl to be drunk.. nah.. it was dead ass in the afternoon.. nobody was up there... that’s why I took the chic up there... usually if there ppl up there I don’t bother with the pool..and that’s my other problem.. nobody checks the pool.. so you don’t know if the water is clean or not.

So you were standing where ...and where was he?

I stayed there once and will never stay there again. The problem I had was their convuluted check in process. The guard gave me a form to fill out, took my passport, after about 10 minutes gave me my passport back after reviewing the form with me, then I waited another 30 minutes till some one showed up to show me my room. A ridiculous 45 minutes to check in. Never again after 24 hours of travel time.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, runner said:

I stayed there once and will never stay there again. The problem I had was their convuluted check in process. The guard gave me a form to fill out, took my passport, after about 10 minutes gave me my passport back after reviewing the form with me, then I waited another 30 minutes till some one showed up to show me my room. A ridiculous 45 minutes to check in. Never again after 24 hours of travel time.

Given the huge number of hotels (including apart-hotels), I cannot understand why anyone wants to stay in an apartment for a short stay.

Just now, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Given the huge number of hotels (including apart-hotels), I cannot understand why anyone wants to stay in an apartment for a short stay.

I for one switched from hotels to condos and don’t see going back to hotels any time soon.

First reason, privacy. In VT6 no one gives a rat’s ass who’s coming in and when they are leaving. All my hotel stays I had to stand those winks and wicked smiles and so on, when I had multiple ladies coming the same day, sometimes together. I understand that’s all harmless and a bit of fun but sometimes it becomes embarrassing. I don’t really enjoy the walk of shame.

Second reason, more value for money. The rooms at VT6 are way bigger than some of the other hotels I’ve seen/ stayed in like Sea Me Spring, Stay and Page10.

Third reason, kitchenette. For those days when you want to cook something nice and easy after several days of spicy Thai food.

Convenience, fourth reason. The VT6 Condo atleast had everything Id need - laundry, salon, convenience store, coffee shop, massage shops, ATMs. 

I understand there’s a trade off like security etc and with some search it may be possible to get all these in some hotels too. But that’s too much work - booking a room at VT6 with Dancewatchers or Honeys is way too easy for me.

For a longer stay a condo might be cheaper I dont know. But for a short stay when I compared VT6 and a few others its more costly than decent modern hotels that are centrally located.

Biggest advantage with hotel for me is free daily cleaning that's included in the cost. I have have 5 towels stacked in my room everyday. Cleaning service can be availed in a condo but again not cheap. Also another thing is security. They check ID and call your room when the lady leaves. So far this has not helped me much but who knows one of those days I might be drugged by someone and this will save a lot of money.

Disadvantage is privacy especially if the receptionist become friends after a few days. Then the next time I have to switch to a different hotel. This isn't really a problem since they see people bringing girls every day but it still causes some embarrassment.

I stayed three times with an ex in 2017, her bed/mattress was fucking terrible. I would wake up with shoulders and back in pain all the time. Even laying straight on my back as opposed to my side was murder. Luckily she was there as the only relief seemed to be laying on her for support. Not sure if it's the same for all rooms, but was in a grass condo room for a few hours and same thing with the bed, just not doing it for me. 

• 1 month later...
On 01/01/2019 at 21:52, JEC said:

I stayed three times with an ex in 2017, her bed/mattress was fucking terrible. I would wake up with shoulders and back in pain all the time. Even laying straight on my back as opposed to my side was murder. Luckily she was there as the only relief seemed to be laying on her for support. Not sure if it's the same for all rooms, but was in a grass condo room for a few hours and same thing with the bed, just not doing it for me. 

They usually cheap out on stuff like beds in Thailand and China -- The Base is home to both. They buy a $90,000 condo and put a $22 twin mattress in it.

Then they go piss in the pool.

As we know, airbnb condos at a place like The Base have individual owners. I have read that The Base has a no short-term (no airbnb) rental policy but as of yet is not strictly enforcing it.

I recommend if renting at The Base, look for an airbnb "superhost" that has a strong record of knowing the airbnb business. Also pay attention to the specific condo reviews.

I like a condo mostly due to the kitchen, can cook healthy foods and snacks. 

If you want to try at The Base. Go for a 3 day rental, get $40 off the stay and pay so little it does not hurt to try. In the interest of disclosure, I will get about $12 refer credit.  Must be in a Western country (USA, most of Europe) to get $40 discount. In other countries like Thailand, the discount is less.

Airbnb new customer discount link

Who comes on holiday to Pattaya for a short time and wants a kitchen to cook their food !! Pattaya has hundreds of nice restaurants with food from 50-1000 baht.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chris2004 said:

Who comes on holiday to Pattaya for a short time and wants a kitchen to cook their food !! Pattaya has hundreds of nice restaurants with food from 50-1000 baht.

If you get a go go whore to cook a couple of meals it might help justify the outrageous prices they want nowadays

11 minutes ago, chris2004 said:

I have a mate who has a severe nut allergy and if he eats out he has to put a tremendous amount of faith in what’s been served to him otherwise he pays with his life. He cooks for himself when on holiday.

I can think of other reasons ….

When i chat to chinese girls on wechat they nearly always are in Pattaya for 1 night only, this is why they seem to be coming and going all the time

1 hour ago, chris2004 said:

Had a TG stop by. A short-time regular who I am friendly enough with, she sometimes just stops by. She brought spicy papaya salad. I went into the kitchen and steamed some shrimp I had in the fridge on the condo stove.  Added it to eat with the salad and she was cooing about how much she loved it. Turned into a nice time eating and talking. A breeze to clean up since i had a kitchen to do it in.

Not everyone takes a short time holiday in Pattaya. Add a kitchen and can add some nice experiences more than just bar crawls. 

2 hours ago, gothom said:

If you get a go go whore to cook a couple of meals it might help justify the outrageous prices they want nowadays

As if a go go princess is going to cook. They refuse to walk to the baht bus on second rd. Insisting on a moto taxi.

• Haha 2