IGNORED

Has anyone stayed at the Base condos before and had a good experience

kwow77

Hey gents, i booked a place at the base condos and not a bit worried as the host has said i need to check in with the guards each time and what if i am bringing girls back all the time, is it going to be a hassle etc.

Has anyone stayed there before!?

Also i read that ontop of the payment i have to pay 100 baht per day for electricity etc, wow it seems like airbnb is really adding up and wish to have just stayed at a normal hotel!!

Ask them about their joiner policy. I did AirBnB a few years ago and my host said "It's fine, I know you are in Pattaya to enjoy your time" (lol)

Just now, Epicurus. said:

Ask them about their joiner policy. I did AirBnB a few years ago and my host said "It's fine, I know you are in Pattaya to enjoy your time" (lol)

Won’t be a joiner fee at a condo.

I did it for 3 weeks back in July.. it was cool.. I will never stay there again... I went to the pool and was in there with a chic.. and some Chinese guy pissed in the pool.. like the muhfukka didn’t see me in there... I was so hot.. chic had to calm me down.. before I put my hands on the guy... I’ll never go back there... location is good though... that’s the only bad thing I can say about this place.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, KillaKam said:

I did it for 3 weeks back in July.. it was cool.. I will never stay there again... I went to the pool and was in there with a chic.. and some Chinese guy pissed in the pool.. like the muhfukka didn’t see me in there... I was so hot.. chic had to calm me down.. before I put my hands on the guy... I’ll never go back there... location is good though... that’s the only bad thing I can say about this place.

How did you know he pissed in the pool, because the water went hot? Or do you mean he stood at the edge and pissed into it? :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Mr_wimpy said:

How did you know he pissed in the pool, because the water went hot? Or do you mean he stood at the edge and pissed into it? :unsure:

The muthafukka walked by...we were on one side of the pool....he went on the other side...and my back was turned cuz i was tounging down the chic i was with...she pushed me and...she said wtf...look at that guy on the other side...i turned around...and this little dikk muhfukka was standing up....pissing in the damn pool.

Edited by KillaKam

It’s still not clear if he got his dick out or just pissed in the pool through his pants and the water got hot?

Do I understand this ?     While staying at the Base, some guy pissed in the pool , therefore, will not rent there again ?

So , by this logic , I saw a guy pee on the street in New York City , therefore, I will not return to New York City .

Excuse me while I go bang my head against the wall......

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

I stayed at the Base in 2017 and it was fine.  No problem bringing guests back and aside from one irritating guard the rest were pleasant enough.  I didn't like them saluting every time I came and went but that might be a condition of their employment.

I paid my electric bill when my stay was over but they made a mistake and only charged 800 baht for a month. I got her to double check (didn't want the girl to pay if she made a mistake) and she said the number was right.  100 baht per day seems pretty steep for cooling a 25m apartment.

• Like 1

Just now, baddog666 said:

Do I understand this ?     While staying at The Base, some guy pissed in the pool , therefore, will not rent there again ?

So , by this logic , I saw a guy pee on the street in New York City , therefore, I will not return to New York City .

Probably not a bad idea to bang your head against the wall but this might be more beneficial :

https://thebestschools.org/magazine/15-logical-fallacies-know/

Just now, mrfixer said:

Location is good for a holiday but you got to like Chinese people...

Ni hao! :)

Just now, baddog666 said:

Do I understand this ?     While staying at The Base, some guy pissed in the pool , therefore, will not rent there again ?

No...thats not the logic... this shit was disgusting... simple as that.... We all know NYC is dirty... but i have never been in a pool and had someone piss in it....WHILE im in it....come on now.  

Yes this one action done by someone just rubbed me the wrong way.... so i wont stay there again... the fact that ... i was in the pool... and he walked passed me... and saw me...and did it... lets me know.. maybe it wasn't his first time.... or maybe he saw someone do it and so he thought it was cool.. either way...  too many possibilites  and I don't want to make crazy assumptions.. I will just take my money elsewhere... I never said the place was bad... I just said this one action was enough to keep me away from this place... thats all... and just because this happened to me...doesn't mean it will happen to someone else... just speaking about my experience... thats all fam.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NorCalKid said:

Man that sucks, standing there taking a piss and some sex tourist is staring at you.  :P

haha man.... if this was anywhere in New York... he will catch these hands... but I don't want to be the typical ignorant American that ppl always assume we are... and honestly... i would fukked him up if the chic i was with didn't stop me.  

you do need to go to the gate if guests are coming alone, which is a bit of a walk. this is a pain in the arse. i only got given 1 key and fob.

• Like 1

Just now, snowy34 said:

you do need to go to the gate if guests are coming alone, which is a bit of a walk. this is a pain in the arse. i only got given 1 key and fob.

I guess it all depends... because I had people come and see me...and they walked right through the gate.  They just waited for me in the lobby.

5 hours ago, kwow77 said:

Hey gents, i booked a place at The Base condos and not a bit worried as the host has said i need to check in with the guards each time and what if i am bringing girls back all the time, is it going to be a hassle etc.

Has anyone stayed there before!?

Also i read that ontop of the payment i have to pay 100 baht per day for electricity etc, wow it seems like airbnb is really adding up and wish to have just stayed at a normal hotel!!

you only check in when you arrive . After if they dont recognize you just show you key. Actually there is a white pad at the gate swipe your key and it opens the gate. usually used for cars. No problems with girls they just give ID and get visitor pass. Thats expensive electricity. The Base has a great location all is good. Greatest hassle is the AIRBND units so many of them.One chines guy owns 36 of them. Elevators are swamped daily with chinese coming and going. Live here for two years but planning to move because of it

Just now, snowy34 said:

you dont. Girl gives Id and gets visitor pass. But you need to meet her in Lobby as there is no buzzer to let anyon eup

i did have to go to the gate. i stayed there for a month a couple of years back

Now I have stayed in a few apartments in and around Pattaya, but only when I have my Thai missus and nipper with me. Always enjoyed my apartment stays, but have been very careful only to book places that don’t have lots of Chinese style tour groups.

When I travel as a single dude I struggle to see the appeal of condo for a short stay (if your staying for several months I could see a benefit). Pattaya is blessed with the best value hotels and guesthouses on the planet...decent quality and cheap as chips - from a 500thb a night room at the excellent Boomerang g/h, to an 850thb room at the 3star Bay Breeze, to a bit of 4star luxury at Centara Nova Spa for 1,400thb, to the 5star Royal Cliff at 3,500...all nice places and great value for what you pay.

If anybody wants an apartment like experience within a hotel environment maybe try an apartotel like KTK - very nice units with kitchen areas for 25k pm; similarly there is Amari Nova Suites (4.5 star), again with lounge and kitchen - a mate and I shared a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit which had a stunning lounge area (very nice for entertaining)..cost us about 2,000 each pn. In the same vein, there are the 3 different At Mind apartotels (stayed recently in At Mind Excellence on soi AR)...beautiful 1 bed suite. Another option is the aforementioned  Centara Nova Spa, book an standard  room for 1,400 + 1,000 for an upgrade to a clasy suite.

Just a few thoughts...condos aren’t the only option. 

(Pic Amari Nova Suites)

31A76933-3D45-4C75-A5B2-D996141033D9.jpeg

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

6 hours ago, Epicurus. said:

That’s good to know. It’s also worth stating that some Airbnb hosts have an explicit ‘no additional guests’ and no parties policy, so always best to check the details before booking.

Just now, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Now I have stayed in a few apartments in and around Pattaya, but only when I have my Thai missus and nipper with me. Always enjoyed my apartment stays, but have been very careful only to book places that don’t have lots of Chinese style tour groups.

When I travel as a single dude I struggle to see the appeal of condo for a short stay (if your staying for several months I could see a benefit). Pattaya is blessed with the best value hotels and guesthouses on the planet...decent quality and cheap as chips - from a 500thb a night room at the excellent Boomerang g/h, to an 850thb room at the 3star Bay Breeze, to a bit of 4star luxury at Centara Nova Spa for 1,400thb, to the 5star Royal Cliff at 3,500...all nice places and great value for what you pay.

If anybody wants an apartment like experience within a hotel environment maybe try an apartotel like KTK - very nice units with kitchen areas for 25k pm; similarly there is Amari Nova Suites (4.5 star), again with lounge and kitchen - a mate and I shared a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit which had a stunning lounge area (very nice for entertaining)..cost us about 2,000 each pn. In the same vein, there are the 3 different At Mind apartotels (stayed recently in At Mind Excellence on soi AR)...beautiful 1 bed suite. Another option is the aforementioned  Centara Nova Spa, book an standard  room for 1,400 + 1,000 for an upgrade to a huge suite.

Just a few thoughts...condos aren’t the only option. 

(Pic Amari Nova Suites)

31A76933-3D45-4C75-A5B2-D996141033D9.jpeg

YOOOOOO

Where is thissssss? Damn

Just now, KillaKam said:

YOOOOOO

Where is thissssss? Damn

I did a review from my last stay at Amari Nova Suites...but couldn’t locate it on the search engine...some more pics.

C4090C13-2230-4228-A310-2583CEAD394C.jpeg

30B4B3FB-1CD0-46E2-8E98-41E0FB5F2516.jpeg

22BCCB02-243A-4B7C-B2D8-A9EC419AF459.jpeg

CF2DF056-4EE5-4033-A340-384DB5F97954.jpeg

BD75EA3C-FB10-464D-841A-D9CEADC1290B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1