IGNORED

Busy condo rental agents with websites

SirL

4 hours ago, SirL said:

I didn't write it was unreasonable.  You asked how the volume of people moving would vary, and I stated why it might.

Relax sirl .....GSOH :) 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎28 at 18:07, SirL said:

Possibly short term renters squeeze two people into a ~30 sq m condo, whilst longer term renters would only usually have one in the same space(?)  Would two chinese fit into the space of one farang?  The number of people in the building would head towards being doubled.

there are minimum 2 but up to 5 counting kids people in a 30 sqm Condo. I walk past them daily and see when door is open.

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎28 at 17:42, taylor1975 said:

Apart from the increased movement of suitcases, how does the volume of people-movement vary between a 2 day renter and a month long renter (with regards to elevators)?

And i bet their suitcases aren't that big cus they are all teeny weeny lol 

you moving around extra  100 people in and out every two days mostly around the same times(check in-Checkout) and you have a lot more volume then regular 1 month renters where movement is more dispersed. And they all have suitcases big enough. 

As I said the elevators are plugged up this year is a lot worse then 1 year ago. Also they all seem to favour the swimming pool at top of roof. The building is not designed to handle short term rentals. I am sure the building code specifies number of elevators if Lt rental or hotel (short term) also the emergency exits wonder if they support the extra load . There are at least 2 people but up to 5 I counted in a 30 sqm condo .And lately a lot of partying going on never had that before

I didn't realise renting a room could be so traumatic.

IMO, the best way to go, is book into a hotel for a couple of days and just look around.  There are literally thousands of rooms for rent here at the moment. It is a renter's market. So don't pay sticker price...

AirBnB is a good option as well... before I moved here, I used it A LOT, and never had an issue.. personally, I have never had a host cancel on me, maybe I have been lucky?  Who knows? But that has been my experience with them.

It should be pretty easy to find something for everyone here...............

4 hours ago, dave01 said:

AirBnB is a good option as well...  I have never had a host cancel on me

The problem with hosts cancelling on AirBnB is worse when occupancy generally is lower, like maybe now. 

If rentals are fairly busy, the AirBnB host will look to only use AirBnB, in which situation the penalty to the host for cancellation is that the condo cannot be booked again for that period, so it will lie empty, which is a fairly effective penalty. 

If rentals are fairly quiet, like now in Pattaya, hosts will look to use other websites/agents simultaneously to find tenants, in particular trying to rent medium term at the same time as renting AirBnB.  Supposing you made an AirBnB booking for a few weeks a few months ahead, the host would continue to look for medium term rentals of a few months starting now.  If the host succeeded in finding a suitable medium term tenant, he wouldn't hesitate to cancel your short AirBnB booking, so you'd be left high and dry.  At quiet times, in effect the host is continuing to try to rent the condo for the period you have already booked it.  The solution is that if a would-be renter can see the property also for rent on the medium term agents websites, don't book it AirBnB.  I've avoided several AirBnBs for exactly this reason recently.

In effect an AirBnB booking is not symmetrical.  If a visitor books and cancels, he loses the cost of the rental (depending on the terms, they vary).  If a host accepts a AirBnB booking and then cancels it for another medium term booking, he loses almost nothing.  There isn't enough of a penalty on hosts if they cancel - hosts should have to pay exactly the same as visitors if the host cancels.

2 hours ago, SirL said:

The solution is that if a would-be renter can see the property also for rent on the medium term agents websites, don't book it AirBnB.  I've avoided several AirBnBs for exactly this reason recently.

Could you suggest some medium rent websites?

23 minutes ago, balooo said:

Could you suggest some medium rent websites?

Have you read the OP and the first page of this thread?  Just wondering....

8 hours ago, GlobalTraveler said:

you moving around extra  100 people in and out every two days mostly around the same times(check in-Checkout) and you have a lot more volume then regular 1 month renters where movement is more dispersed. And they all have suitcases big enough. 

As I said the elevators are plugged up this year is a lot worse then 1 year ago. Also they all seem to favour the swimming pool at top of roof. The building is not designed to handle short term rentals. I am sure the building code specifies number of elevators if Lt rental or Hotel (short term) also the emergency exits wonder if they support the extra load . There are at least 2 people but up to 5 I counted in a 30 sqm condo .And lately a lot of partying going on never had that before

Yeh i'm sure check in/out times its a pain. If you've seen it get bussier then its going to feel negative. I'm reserving judgement until i see for myself. 

2 hours ago, SirL said:

Have you read the OP and the first page of this thread?  Just wondering....

Yes, but the web sites, suggested in the first page, are for long term 6/12 months I mean.

What I'm looking for are websites about middle rent 2/3 months, I know you can find different guest house or small condo agencies, like Honey in VT6, renting for few months but you can't find website that list "all" of this.  I can find something on AirB&B but the focus there is for short term rental. 

I'm sorry if misunderstanding something.

3 minutes ago, balooo said:

Yes, but the web sites, suggested in the first page, are for long term 6/12 months I mean.

What I'm looking for are websites about middle rent 2/3 months, I know you can find different guest house or small condo agencies, like Honey in VT6, renting for few months but you can't find website that list "all" of this.  I can find something on AirB&B but the focus there is for short term rental. 

I'm sorry if misunderstanding something.

By "medium term rental" I mean 6-12 months.

Anyone have any suggestions for the strategy of arriving first, booking a short hotel stay, and browsing condos in person?  My plan is to stay 3 months.  Do you think I could find better prices this way, vs prebooking on Airbnb or one of these rental sites?  Where would you find condos for rent if you were in-country?  

Also, I plan to come starting Jan-Feb.  I believe this is high season, would this limit my options for finding a place on-the-spot like that? 

Archived