Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Busy condo rental agents with websites

SirL

I'm looking for busy condo rental agencies with websites full of condos for medium/long term rentals, for example the rentals department at Gecko Properties.  I would be a renter, so I'm not too worried about "service", I just want lots of condo possibilities on a website for me to choose between, after which I'll contact the agencies.

Which are the biggest and busiest condo rental agencies around Pattaya, Jomtien and Pratumnak please? (and their website addresses)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm really after websites full of listings of condos to rent to look through.  

https://www.gecko-properties.com for example seems to deliver 26 pages each of ten properties if I filter for Condos to rent Central Pattaya, with the option to filter to individual condo blocks - that's the sort of thing I'm after.  What other busy condo rental agents with websites are there around town please?

Timely thread for me.  Thanks.

Heading back to Pattaya in 45 days and looking for a condo equivalent of VT6.  My wife and I stayed in a one bedroom and it was great but the bed was very bad.  Looking for 14 days.  First six days will be staying on Soi 6.  

Thanks for all the info.

12 minutes ago, George36 said:

.... it was great but the bed was very bad.

LOL. Thai mattresses are the worst.

2 hours ago, George36 said:

Timely thread for me.  Thanks.

Heading back to Pattaya in 45 days and looking for a condo equivalent of VT6.  My wife and I stayed in a one bedroom and it was great but the bed was very bad.  Looking for 14 days.  First six days will be staying on Soi 6.  

Thanks for all the info.

I don't think these agents are interested in short term rental. Usually 6 months minimum. 

19 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

I don't think these agents are interested in short term rental. Usually 6 months minimum. 

You may perhaps be right in terms of how they'd like to operate, but if a condo is empty and you make an offer for say 14 days starting immediately, it's possible the owner might accept.  Occupancy is so low that cheeky offers you would stand behind aren't out of order.

Just looking through hipflat now, thanks for the suggestion.  I see they appear to have 112 condos at The Avenue for rent, which by my calculations is almost half the total development!

Lots of the websites are not updated as they should be... Quite often you will find a place you like only to be greeted with "Lent alleady". Just be aware of that.

Correction to my post two posts above this: looking through those 112 condos they list at The Avenue, it's clear that quite a few are at Centara Avenues and they've miscategorised them.  Oh dear.

1 hour ago, SirL said:

You may perhaps be right in terms of how they'd like to operate, but if a condo is empty and you make an offer for say 14 days starting immediately, it's possible the owner might accept.  Occupancy is so low that cheeky offers you would stand behind aren't out of order.

Possibly, if the website contact goes straight to the owner, but if its an agency, i think no chance. The agency aren't getting paid on a 2 week rental and they have zero incentive to fill a condo, which then blocks a 12 month renter from committing.

2 hours ago, SirL said:

Correction to my post two posts above this: looking through those 112 condos they list at The Avenue, it's clear that quite a few are at Centara Avenues and they've miscategorised them.  Oh dear.

Hipflat is utterly unreliable with prices inflated by agents deliberately putting false information.

There will also be condos that are listed by multiple agents, so counted 4 or 5 times.

I looked at one condo (to buy) that was listed by 4 agents that I found, each with a different price. 300000 baht difference between highest and lowest.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Hipflat is utterly unreliable with prices inflated by agents deliberately putting false information.

There will also be condos that are listed by multiple agents, so counted 4 or 5 times.

I looked at one condo (to buy) that was listed by 4 agents that I found, each with a different price. 300000 baht difference between highest and lowest.

Indeed. But it is a convenient place to find a wide selection of units for rent in the same building on the same page.

Agents here often advertise wildly inflated prices on their own websites, and frequently make the most ridiculous mistakes on them too.

7 hours ago, George36 said:

Looking for 14 days.

Look for the small Thai agencies situated in or near the building that you are interested in. The large farang-owned agencies are very unlikely to be interested in short rentals (which, by the way, are illegal anyway).

23 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Indeed. But it is a convenient place to find a wide selection of units for rent in the same building on the same page.

Agents here often advertise wildly inflated prices on their own websites, and frequently make the most ridiculous mistakes on them too.

Agree it can be useful to get an overview. Just pointing out to OP not to use it for precise vacancies or rent levels.

https://www.thailand-property.com/condos-for-sale

this one groups them all and follow up /asking you if agent from the interested condo did  contacted you after a day or so , I think this site is BKK based.....but as always plenty condos long gone …..seems agents don't update their listings..... to buzzy sitting bar probably 

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

3 hours ago, davidge said:

Hipflat is easy to find condo by location , but the graphic about the going prices is based on "asking prices by condo" which are as known overpriced by agent usually...,so not relevant really for" sold prices"

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

7 hours ago, davidge said:

Hipflat is utterly unreliable with prices inflated by agents deliberately putting false information. I'm not sure there is such a thing as really reliable information in the area of asking rent prices for condos.  Both landlords and agents try to ask the highest they can, just as back in farangland.  I treat the official asking prices as just an opening bid, which can be very variable.  After looking around and liking a property, I'd simply offer what I wanted to pay, pretty much ignoring the official asking price, which offer the agent would phone to the landlord who'll react as he chooses.  These guys ask whatever they like, which may change at the drop of a hat, but I largely ignore the asking prices.

There will also be condos that are listed by multiple agents, so counted 4 or 5 times. Yes, why not, just as back in farangland

I looked at one condo (to buy) that was listed by 4 agents that I found, each with a different price. 300000 baht difference between highest and lowest. Not unexpected, I'd treat that situation as normal.  I feel honour bound to make my offer for any property via the first agent that showed me it, but as above I almost ignore the asking price when deciding at what level to make my offer(s)

5 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Look for the small Thai agencies situated in or near the building that you are interested in. The large farang-owned agencies are very unlikely to be interested in short rentals (which, by the way, are illegal anyway). Yes, agreed.  The problem with this is that I'm thinking of playing the game of turning up for a 1-2 month visit with just a short hotel booking, so I need a short list of interesting condos to look at quickly within a day or two, and getting around to all the little local agencies in or near the buildings isn't practical.  But for people in a different situation, I'd say the local agencies could be very useful.

5 hours ago, davidge said:

Agree it can be useful to get an overview. Just pointing out to OP not to use it for precise vacancies or rent levels.  Don't worry, I certainly wasn't treating the info in these listings as precise as to vacancies or rent levels.  My intention would be to do quite a bit of homework, clarifying availability by email/phone in the week before arriving to a hotel, getting to a shortlist and hopefully even scheduling some visits in my first day or two.

Thank you to those people who posted a link to an agent's website.  Most of them were just what I was looking for, and they give me plenty of condos to look through (though any agent websites yet to be posted would also be welcome).  Please don't worry, I know that the data in these kind of listings is unreliable, contains high and variable asking prices, condos often already rented etc etc, I can cope with all that kind of stuff.  I'm well aware that real estate agents are only a rung or two above thieving lying bastards.  This thread has given me exactly the raw listings I was hoping for.

11 hours ago, SirL said:

I'm well aware that real estate agents are only a rung or two above thieving lying bastards.  

In Pattaya, you are being extremely generous 

Archived