IGNORED

10PM Update: Soccer Team still trapped in flooded cave, search suspended due to rising waters, believed still alive

The Pattaya News

• The rescued boys are being kept in isolation to avoid the risk of infection, but the first batch have been seen by their parents through a glass window. They are not yet allowed to eat the rich Thai food they’ve been requesting - so far it’s diluted porridge, bread, and some chocolate.
  • They will remain in hospital for at least seven days. This mean they will probably have to turn down a Fifa invitation to the World Cup fina on Sunday. 

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#11 is out and was the youngest one: 11 yo... 

#12 is reported out of chamber #3. :)

17:32 : The coach is out too !  13/13  :)

Still waiting for the doctor and the 3 SEAL inside for days...

BTW: Thai PM confirms that the kids are not being sedated while being transferred out, only given anti panic attack medication to reduce fear.

Here in Bangkok, but I only speak very little Thai. Thanks for the update - CNN keeps promising to return to that story. 

TGOEA

Awesome news! .. just awesome!  What a day, what a day!

Waiting now on the trailing rescuers, who are hopefully close behind. 

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

I'm so glad to hear that they are all safe
Job well done by all those involved and The death of an experienced former Thai navy diver will not be Forgotten RIP my Condolences to his Family .
And I hope they can all carry on with there lives after this tramatic event

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

DhvYlRrXcAA6lIR.jpg

Awesome news & thanks again @Oukiva for your tireless work in keeping us all up to date with the latest events.

lets take a wild guess at who the boys will be routing for in the england croatia match

15 minutes ago, Bobmoore said:

It seems the coach didn't take the boys into the cave: they went in on their own and, when they were reported missing, he went in to rescue them.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/world/thai-cave-rescue-how-the-cave-nightmare-began-ng-b88889337z

Hum... I may be wrong, but this story by this Australian site is very different of the story I have read previous days on many other sites :unsure:.  When the family members raised alert and called "the coach", they didn't call Ekapol who is only assistant-coach, but called Nopparat, 37, the head-coach of the football club.

I think this website made a confusion between the 2 "coach". 

Here is one of article that - IMHO - give the true story : https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/thailand-cave-rescue-how-ekapol-chanthawong-a-former-monk-kept-boys-alive-1879698

and this extract talking about the head-coach Nopparat: When he checked it at 7 p.m., there were at least 20 calls from worried parents, none of whose sons had come home. He frantically dialed Ekapol and a number of the boys in quick succession but reached only Songpol Kanthawong, a 13-year old member of the team whose mother picked him up after training. He told Nopparat that the team had gone exploring in the Tham Luang caves. The coach raced up there, only to find abandoned bicycles and bags at its entrance and water seeping out the muddy pathway.

:unsure:

19:52 : Last 3 remaining Thai navy SEAL members and the Australian doctor, Richard Harris who is a diving expert, are all out of the Cave.  :)

If - and it seems to be the case - there is no more diver left in the Cave, then we can now say that the Rescue Mission is finished:)

Dhvzka_UYAESI4Y.jpg

16 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

If - and it seems to be the case - there is no more diver left in the cave, then we can now say that the Rescue Mission is finished:)

Truly a magnificent rescue by real heroes.  We are so lucky to have people like this in the world.

Thank you Oukiva for all your work to tell us what was happening.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Dhvxc1tVAAIuQJQ.jpg

This second image, I already posted it... but never enough "Thank You" for all these people !

Dhvxc1tUcAAb1Dz.jpg

9 hours ago, brutox said:

These are times that bring out the very best in some men .. I believe Elon Musk is counted amongst them.

Some here trashed on him as merely a publicity opportunist .. I disagree .. this guy has all the publicity an industrialist could ever need in a lifetime .. he needs only to pick-up a phone and a gazillion reporters and publicists will gladly receive his call and broadcast what he had for breakfast that morning.

This is something much deeper than the opportunistic publicity by soulless, virtue-signaling empty shells too commonly dominating the media nowadays .. the all-image-no-character has-been and wanna-be types way overplaying the content of their character and their relevances in life.

Good on Musk, even playing as a back-bencher.

The design was rendered unfit as it was too large for the Cave. Let’s agree on the the result was so extremely satisfactory, without getting into details, that this calls for a cigar my friend! This was a short haircut but the baby nois came up on top!! I’m very happy. 

Thank fuck for that, I feared the worst when I heard the ex navy seal say this type of exit would be his last choice.

RIP the Thai navy seal and thank you to all those who have helped achieve this amazing result.

In a messed up world it’s good to see that there is still a lot of decent humanity out there.

Thank you Oukiva for all your updates.

31 minutes ago, william77 said:

The design was rendered unfit as it was too large for the cave. Let’s agree on the the result was so extremely satisfactory, without getting into details, that this calls for a cigar my friend! This was a short haircut but the baby nois came up on top!! I’m very happy. 

And what a story, william77 .. one for the ages, eh? .. I am certain there is no lens wide enough to capture this team photo.

Still, watch for it .. the before team photo (12 players + coach) .. and the after team photo (what .. maybe a thousand people!).

This is a great day! .. a really great, great day!

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

26 minutes ago, brutox said:

And what a story, william77 .. one for the ages, eh? .. I am certain there is no lens wide enough to capture this team photo.

Still, watch for it .. the before team photo (12 players + coach) .. and the after team photo (what .. maybe a thousand people!).

This is a great day! .. a really great, great day!

Indeed brother, the best! The best possible outcome. RIP the NAVY diver that sacrifice his life so that others could live. It’s a great day. His death was not in vain. God bless. 

Understandably not a dry eye in the house - certainly not here at Vessey Towers. 

Many have contributed to this thread - but particular thanks to Oukiva - you have been a star mate!

There will be more to be told about the boys themselves and the magnificent international team that worked with the Thais to accomplish this inspiring and frankly extraordinary rescue.

I have no doubt that there will be at least one big-screen movie about this being planned as we speak.

Just an amazing exhausting effort.

Now we can just hope a full recovery for all the boys and rescuers. Fingers crossed for all the people doing the unglamorous jobs of cleaning the site up and disassembly and removalof all the pumping equipment etc in monsoon rain.... RIP Major Suman Gunan....

Thank God everyone turned out safe. I was tearing up following this emotional story.

Rest in peace to the brave and courageous Thai former navy seal. Thank you to anyone that was involved in this rescue. 

Mr. International:

Trip report #1

Trip report #2

Trip report #3

img0547aa.jpg

I's so happy that the boys, their coach and all the rescuers are now out of the Cave and my sincere sympathies to the family of brave Saman Kunan RIP.

I'd like to see the eligible divers given a tap on the shoulder (knighthood) but I doubt it will happen.

Archived