IGNORED

10PM Update: Soccer Team still trapped in flooded cave, search suspended due to rising waters, believed still alive

The Pattaya News

This was not God, this was team work, years of experience, clever minds, pushing limits, under extreme time pressure, streamlined and lean work methods combined with high end equipment and a generous Thai Government. 

Absolutely agreed.

If there were a god, they’d be the one to have made it rain and the caves flood. Funny how those invoking god for rescues never think about that part [emoji6]

This was human perseverance, ingenuity and effective teamwork that all played together to save these kids.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, william77 said:

This was not God, this was team work, years of experience, clever minds, pushing limits, under extreme time pressure, streamlined and lean work methods combined with high end equipment and a generous Thai Government. 

Maybe God put his SEAL of approval on the rescue operation. But whether it's a divine entity of some type in the background or a combination of human effort and luck, it is still a miracle the boys were found and rescued. Let's just hope the miracle holds on the final day of the operation.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Would be really great to see them all at the world cup...maybe mascots? It's a big ask though,  the final is only a few days off now. Let's hope it happens, the kids and coach would surely love that.

They are talking about bringing 4 more out today (4 seems the ideal number for the rescue crew) and leaving the coach for the next day. Poor bugger - you could only imagine what would be going through his mind

12 Pints in Know it all

I don't think they leave him alone, and i am sure he is happy to see the kids out first. I think he'll be well thought of all round, hopefully that has been communicated to him. 

1 hour ago, Mr Wombat said:

They are talking about bringing 4 more out today (4 seems the ideal number for the rescue crew) and leaving the coach for the next day. Poor bugger - you could only imagine what would be going through his mind

i would have thought after 2 runs the divers are getting used to the task and bringing out the 5 at once is going to be easier and safer than doing it a 4th time

2 hours ago, Mr Wombat said:

As others above, I really doubt they will let it alone one more day. Sunday, it took 8 hours to bring the first boy out. Yesterday barely 6 hours.  They have found a good way to organise these rescues (taking the boys out but also bringing air/oxygen for all) and they can now make it way faster and still very safe. Good work from all to them. :)

With a bit of good luck, everything should be completed and good within 12 hours... :)

Edit: From ThaiPBS: Ex-Governor Narongsak announced the successful extraction of 4 more “Wild Boars” survivors out of the #ThamLuangCave and expressed confidence that rescuers would be able to bring to safety the last batch of five survivors tomorrow faster than they did in the past 2 days

I really hope that some good reporters or movie makers will be able to make a very good documentary on all the "city of voluntaries" who has been built near/around this Cave:)

Of course there are the main heroes, the divers, but they wouldn't have succeeded without the thousand+ people helping them in a way or another. This "Thailand's volunteers army", these "heroes behind the scene", deserve their part of acknowledgment and thanks... IMHO.

I saw that the BBC started such small documentaries - like the one below. That makes me happy and I really hope we will see many other. :)

Dhry-XkU8AAqioA.jpg

#Solidarity

Big thanks to all of them. :)

Elon Musk...

I was one of those who thought "Thanks for your interest and your offer, but a bit too late" :sad:

Fact is that Mr Elon Musk was this night inside the cave :o and brought to the chamber #3 the "mini-sub" he talked about a very few days ago, and that he made design and built in a record time by one of his  engineers' team... :Clap1:

DhmPf3QVAAAKX3W.jpg

09:44 : (Last?) Rescue Mission resumed 10 minutes ago  (09:25) with SEAL and foreign divers entering in the Cave

24 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

09:44 : (Last?) Rescue Mission resumed 10 minutes ago  (09:25) with SEAL and foreign divers entering in the cave

If they bring out all 5 then one rescue team will do 2 trips or bring in another team.

While the divers bring the boys out of the Cave are true heroes. I think one should consider the 100's of people involved in this operation. From the folks cleaning the clothes, as shown by BBC, to those manning the pumps, the people cooking the food, the hospital staff and the list goes on and on. My hat is off to everyone of them.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

7 hours ago, Oukiva said:

Elon Musk...

I was one of those who thought "Thanks for your interest and your offer, but a bit too late" :sad:

Fact is that Mr Elon Musk was this night inside the cave :o and brought to the chamber #3 the "mini-sub" he talked about a very few days ago, and that he made design and built in a record time by one of his  engineers' team... :Clap1:

On 7/8/2018 at 09:06, brutox said:

This is not a conventional problem .. these guys bring the clear blue sky thinking needed to rise above the conventional solutions that do not easily solve this problem .. the Skunk Works, Bell Labs, "Houston, we have a problem" sort of stuff.

Sure, some of the ideas do not work, but amongst them there might be one that does .. and worthwhile.

These are times that bring out the very best in some men .. I believe Elon Musk is counted amongst them.

Some here trashed on him as merely a publicity opportunist .. I disagree .. this guy has all the publicity an industrialist could ever need in a lifetime .. he needs only to pick-up a phone and a gazillion reporters and publicists will gladly receive his call and broadcast what he had for breakfast that morning.

This is something much deeper than the opportunistic publicity by soulless, virtue-signaling empty shells too commonly dominating the media nowadays .. the all-image-no-character has-been and wanna-be types way overplaying the content of their character and their relevances in life.

Good on Musk, even playing as a back-bencher.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

3 hours ago, Oukiva said:

09:44 : (Last?) Rescue Mission resumed 10 minutes ago  (09:25)  with SEAL and foreign divers entering in the cave

12.38 : 9 ambulances standing by for the remaining 4 boys, 1 coach, the doctor and the 3 Thai navy seals who’ve stayed with the kids last days. Looks like they plan to bring everyone out today.  :)

Edit: This is Ivan Karadzic, another one of the team of divers with the international rescue team. He was stationed at a notoriously difficult stretch of Cave about half-way along, and his job was to replace air tanks and help guide the team. He is Danish.

As Oukiva said previously:

Thai cave: Last five to be brought out 'at the same time'

0:00

00:00 / 00:00

Rescuers will guide the remaining five members of a youth football squad out from inside a flooded Thai Cave

The third phase of an operation to rescue four remaining boys and their football coach trapped inside a flooded Thai Cave is underway. 

The latest rescue operation began at about 10.08am local time (1.08pm AEST).

“All five will be brought out at the same time today,” rescue mission chief Narongsak Osottanakorn said, to cheers from reporters and rescue workers.

"We plan to bring out four boys and coach," he said, adding "a doctor, and three (Thai Navy) Seals" who have stayed with the group since they were found more than a week ago will also leave the Cave today

0:00

00:00 / 00:00

While waiting for more news...

DhupVRPUYAYUcNk.jpg

John Volanthen, one of 3 divers who first made contact with the 13 boys, and who still helps for the rescue.

2 hours ago, Oukiva said:

12.38 : 9 ambulances standing by for the remaining 4 boys, 1 coach, the doctor and the 3 Thai navy seals who’ve stayed with the kids last days. Looks like they plan to bring everyone out today.  :)

15:40 : Twitter reports that witnesses just saw #9 exit the Cave... :)   (To Be Confirmed :unsure:)

Dhu0hvLVMAAtlON.jpg

41 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

15:40 : Twitter reports that witnesses just saw #9 exit the cave... :)   (To Be Confirmed :unsure:)

15:53 : An ambulance left the site, presumably with #9, but still unconfirmed.

16:20 : Things are going fast. "Unofficial reports" that the 3 other boys - AND their coach - all have already reached chamber #3 (end of diving). :)

Dhu77gWU0AAwVN6.jpg

35 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

15:53 : An ambulance left the site, presumably with #9, but still unconfirmed.

16:20 : Things are going fast. "Unofficial reports" that the 3 other boys - AND their coach - all have already reached chamber #3 (end of diving). :)

Dhu77gWU0AAwVN6.jpg

Where are you getting these great drawings from? Thanks for posting them

43 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

16:35 : #10 out of the cave :)

DhvAcEyU0AUJ23R.jpg

Just got word 11 are now out .. nothing 100% confirmed yet, and the last of the rescue team is still in there, but this is sounding awfully good.

These young boys have been lifted up, standing upon the shoulders of giants!

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Archived