IGNORED

10PM Update: Soccer Team still trapped in flooded cave, search suspended due to rising waters, believed still alive

The Pattaya News

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can someone that's out there tell me how many children are actually out of the Cave as sky news and BBC news are saying different amounts thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, Vessey said:

Hearing reports that one of the boys was a 'code red' hospital admission - anyone got any more information?

Read it there: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30349609

The condition of one of the first two footballers rescued from the Tham Luang Cave in Chiang Rai yesterday is causing some concern. He has been listed as red, signifying a serious case. //

As of yesterday, six boys had been evacuated from the Cave.

11 minutes ago, chang 1974 said:

can someone that's out there tell me how many children are actually out of the cave //

Very unclear from last conference.

What is sure is that the four first ones are at the hospital already.

Many media reported that their reporters saw 6 boys exiting the Cave today...??  (see just above)

Also report that 7 or 8 reach the chamber #3 (end of diving) already... ?? :unsure:

(and khaosodenglish.com - one of very optimistic sites - is no more available right now...)

The only official point is on the "4 at hospital, and they are well"...

Edit: The governor confirmed that 9 are still in the Cave, but still unclear on "where" in the Cave...

Sky News giving false information it just corrected it now and said that it is 4

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This was published an hour ago & maybe the source of the confusion

Reuters has reported the fifth and sixth boys have now been rescued. 

"I have received information that six have exited the cave", a senior member of the rescue team told Reuters.

www.sugarcanemafia.com

10 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

So that may mean that he was identified as weak and in need of attention before he was rescued rather than any miss-hap during the rescue?

This rescue is going to be a marathon isn't it ......

8 minutes ago, froddo said:

Reuters has reported the fifth and sixth boys have now been rescued.

(This story was corrected to show four boys, not six, have exited Cave.)  :o

Looks like an "official" was a little too euphoric. Sadly. :sad:

Reuters is supposed to be a liable and serious website :sad:

I am uncertain of the head count, as well.

Earlier accounts described that the kids and coach would be brought out in four groups, the first including 4 and the remaining three including 3 each .. the coach would be in the last group.

The first two groups would include 7 in total.

Am I missing something? .. I hope I can be forgiven for being a worrier, but I don't like this.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Apparently it is absolutely bucketing it down now onsite, which is not good news.

Seeing conflicting reports as to the first group of boys that came out. Was it the weakest group because they needed the medical attention the most or was it the strongest to prove viability?

2 hours ago, tenpro said:

Seeing conflicting reports as to the first group of boys that came out. Was it the weakest group because they needed the medical attention the most or was it the strongest to prove viability?

I had originally assume that it would be the latter - but it seems I was wrong and they went for the weakest first.

It’s all ready tomorrow in Thailand, it’s going to an exciting day. 

https://thedusknews.com/the-12-thai-cave-boys-brave-young-footballers-stuck-in-cave/

Interesting news report on the lads themselves - although which ones are out and safe and which ones are as yet still trapped inside I can't tell.

6 minutes ago, Hispano said:

Meanwhile, at Elon Musk's swimming pool

Wow, that's actually really impressive.

I have a feeling the mini-sub is too wide for the narrow passages in the Cave.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

29 minutes ago, tenpro said:

Wow, that's actually really impressive.

Impressive? I am not so sure about that, and I doubt it would get around  one or two of the hairpin bends. Would you get in that to go through a couple of kms of submerged passages and caves? I'd rather take my chances with regulation diving apparatus. Fuck that suicide smartie packet!

2 minutes ago, rope-a-dope said:

Impressive? I am not so sure about that, and I doubt it would get around  one or two of the hairpin bends. Would you get in that to go through a couple of kms of submerged passages and caves? I'd rather take my chances with regulation diving apparatus. Fuck that suicide smartie packet!

I'm assuming it's a flexible material, so it should be able to squeeze/flex. That said, it does seem to be pressurized, so you're probably right in that maneuvering it would be a nightmare

2 minutes ago, tenpro said:

I'm assuming it's a flexible material, so it should be able to squeeze/flex. That said, it does seem to be pressurized, so you're probably right in that maneuvering it would be a nightmare

I'm no engineer granted, but it doesn't look remotely flexible.

Good Morning :)

Twitter, Internet and the whole World waiting for the Rescue Mission to resume...

Only news today would be this information found on this BangkokPost article :

"Three [of the four rescued] were boys on the football team and the fourth was their coach, Ekapol Chantawong, 25. He was reportedly among the first extracted because he was in the worst conditions because he had given the boys his share of the group’s meagre food supply before they were found."

Today's program for the 9 other boys:

DhmXkDjU8AAy0Fm.jpg

:)

I wondered how they got the doctor in to check the boys health. But I just read it was an aussie doctor (anaesthetist) who just happens to be a Cave diver. Unbelievable. It's in situations like these that you realise there really are some remarkable people on this planet

12 Pints in Know it all

About the coach...

Some reports are starting to appear about what boys said to rescuers who were staying with them in the Cave. One interesting point is on the "why" they went in this Cave...

It appeared it was the birthday of one of the team boy, and it was a kind of "initiation ritual" to go write his name on a wall of the Cave on his birthday. They went there after a football training session, and their coach just accompanied them; he didn't bring them in.

Because of this birthday, many boys had bought snacks in prevision of this trip to the cavern. So they were not "without any food" as announced by most media. It appears that the coach imposed early rationing on food, and has given his share of food to the boys ! (It's the main reason why he was yesterday the weaker of the group)

Boys in the Cave said rescuers they were still alive thanks to the coach :). He forced everyone to keep hope, took care of them as a father would have done, taught them how to drink the clear water from walls not floodwater, taught them to meditate and stay lying down to consume as few energy as possible, etc.

Looks like there will be a nice story to say when the rescue will be finished :)

and looks like some people condemned the coach way to early, without knowing what exactly happened...

ST_20180709_FDCOACH09_4120806.jpg?itok=6

DhmD_zzUcAA7uFU.jpg

08:50 : Nine ambulances have arrived already at the Cave exit... One for each of the 9 boys still inside.

It is believed that the rescue mission restarted early morning, but no official conference yet.

As yesterday, no "good news" expected before the end of this afternoon...

Archived