IGNORED

LK Residence - an updated Lottelee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Perhaps its just but I mix up the LK range due to their names and locations.

LK Empress is on the Beach, that I know.

But I could have sworn there are two LK properties in Soi Diana (the Kiss restaurant soi)....no?

One diagonally opposite Papagayo and the other a short walk down the soi ... is this correct?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stu79 said:

i arrive Sept 28th until 20th October so will miss you... well unless you have an october trip  planned as well :D

October is a possibility too  :Busted:

1 hour ago, Autoroam said:

Perhaps its just but I mix up the LK range due to their names and locations.

LK Empress is on the Beach, that I know.

But I could have sworn there are two LK properties in Soi Diana (the Kiss restaurant soi)....no?

One diagonally opposite Papagayo and the other a short walk down the soi ... is this correct?

Yes mate - walking up a few meters from Papagayo towards soi Buhakow, you LK Residence on you left, and then towards the end of soi you have LK Metropole.

1 hour ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

October is a possibility too  :Busted:

haha! give me a shout if so mate, i will be up for a beer, can you get a baht bus from bukhao , near this hotel to Walking Street then? save crossing second road every day lol though it just went round beach road/2nd road on a loop

21 minutes ago, Stu79 said:

haha! give me a shout if so mate, i will be up for a beer, can you get a baht bus from bukhao , near this hotel to Walking Street then? save crossing second road every day lol though it just went round beach road/2nd road on a loop

Yes mate, just turn left out the hotel and you hit buhakow...B.B. to WS from there.

6 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Yes mate - walking up a few meters from Papagayo towards soi Buhakow, you LK Residence on you left, and then towards the end of soi you have LK Metropole.

thanks....IIRC I have seen the LK metropole there for the longest time....is it safe to assume that LK Residence is the newer one

that gets the rave reviews? Any preferences members here have between the two? That location is surely the sweetest spot in all of pattaya.

6 hours ago, Autoroam said:

thanks....IIRC I have seen the LK Metropole there for the longest time....is it safe to assume that LK Residence is the newer one

that gets the rave reviews? Any preferences members here have between the two? That location is surely the sweetest spot in all of pattaya.

must be 10 years at least since i stayed at LK Residence................then renaisannce...............when it was soft opening

12 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Yes mate, just turn left out the hotel and you hit buhakow...B.B. to WS from there.

Lightbulb slow learner moment!  I've stayed at the LK and Areca a few times and it never dawned on me to go to Buhakow for a baht bus to WS.   I've always done the big loop.  Although in my defence I always get off at the top of Soi 6 and walk down to beach road to catch another (sometimes quite a bit later)!    My sense of (mis)direction is legendary amongst my friends lol

Still learning.....

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

16 minutes ago, Scribes said:

Lightbulb slow learner moment!  I've stayed at the LK and Areca a few times and it never dawned on me to go to Buhakow for a baht bus to WS.   I've always done the big loop.  Although in my defence I always get off at the top of Soi 6 and walk down to beach road to catch another (sometimes quite a bit later)!    My sense of (mis)direction is legendary amongst my friends lol

Still learning.....

Yes mate heading to WS I usually get the B.B. on soi Buhakow. However, the walk to BR is OK too, sit with a beer at splendid LK Empress listening to the singer and checking out the FL lovelies on the other side of the road.

I gotta admit for all the times I been staying or hanging around the Buhakow area I also have never taken a BB from there.

4 hours ago, striderman said:

must be 10 years at least since i stayed at LK Residence................then renaisannce...............when it was soft opening

The thing that used to scare me off both was the noise..Residence from the bar complex right in front and Renaissance from the racket on LK. 

1 hour ago, Autoroam said:

The thing that used to scare me off both was the noise..Residence from the bar complex right in front and Renaissance from the racket on LK. 

LK Residence/Renaissance is a very quiet hotel....stayed there 4 times and no noise issues. 

I've stayed in the Residence and Metropole a few times and the 2 main flaws are the tubs instead of showers in the smaller rooms and the beds (especially in the Metropole) being very squeaky.

As Lottellee has stated some showers have no curtain and the ones that do can be short of the bath causing water to flood the toilet. This can be dangerous on exiting the bath which is actually pretty high up.

I've stayed in the Royal Wing which has great walk-in showers and is usually cheaper and the beds are also superior.

Was checking out the LK Residence pics and the smallest studio is 40 sq m.....which is huge compared to

the newer hotels that average 25-28sqm for the same type of room.

I love space and Residence seems to have it....

Thanks for the review, have stayed there before but you reminded me of why I liked it. Booked for week in August.

Cluck-cluck, gibber-gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.

10 hours ago, dabpat said:

Thanks for the review. I stayed there in May this year , the breakfast is quite good.

That's surprising. LK Renaissance/Residence stopped serving breakfast quite some time ago. Maybe you are mistaken with another hotel.

Spent 18 nights in the Metropole and have to say the Residence is definitely superior. Metropole is nice but showing its age although the water pressure was always good and water always hot. Sound proofing not good and you do hear some noise from LK Metro when the gogo's start but it's not bad. If you stay in the wing overlooking the pool I'd say you would not hear a thing. The room(studio) was large, had a great kitchen and the bathroom was large and for 1800 Baht a night was pretty decent value. Staff were fairly neutral, neither friendly or unfriendly although they didn't seem to like me leaving my keycard at reception. Speaking of keycards it rarely worked first time, sometimes taking 5,6 or 7 goes to get it to show the green light, then you pull up the handle and not pull it down. Try figure that out at 5am when you're drunk.

Location is the best thing about this hotel, one minute from LK Metro, 30 seconds from a Baht Bus to Walking Street. Lots of shops/massage places/cafes etc and a short walk from Treetown/2nd road/ Central Festival plus the best kebab place in Patts is on your doorstep!

13 hours ago, dabpat said:

Thanks for the review. I stayed there in May this year , the breakfast is quite good.

You must be getting mixed up with another LK hotel....no breakfasts at the Residence for a couple of years now.

Ive counted no less than 7-8 LK properties, I think

Empress 

Residence

Renaissance

And the rest Ive already forgotten.

I have no idea how to keep track of them any more

3 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

You must be getting mixed up with another LK hotel....no breakfasts at the Residence for a couple of years now.

Oh my fault:Party1:

The LK which I stayed in May 2018 was on the beach road, and there were some ATMs nearby.

LW, I see a lot of praise from you about LK Residence but a 7.5 rating.

What hotels do you give a 9+ for?

I’m thinking of LK Residence, Acqua or Areca as I want to be in that area. Appreciate your reviews.

15 hours ago, dabpat said:

Oh my fault:Party1:

The LK which I stayed in May 2018 was on the beach road, and there were some ATMs nearby.

Ahhh the LK Empress...great hotel, and your right, it serves a top breakfast.

15 hours ago, Whooah said:

LW, I see a lot of praise from you about LK Residence but a 7.5 rating.

What hotels do you give a 9+ for?

I’m thinking of LK Residence, Acqua or Areca as I want to be in that area. Appreciate your reviews.

That’s a real tough question as I have never stayed in any absolutely top drawer hotels in the LK/Buhakow area.

The best hotel in Pattaya I have stayed in is The Royal Cliff, but that’s on Pratumnak, been 10 years since I stayed there and it was a business trip so I was in a top suite. I would score that 9/10.

In central Patts I would say Areca (Evergreen Wing) is hard to beat - 8/10. Acqua the larger rooms, might score 8 or even 8.5/10. I also rate LK Residence, Travelodge, Centara Azure, and Centra Avenue.

If I was still working (and not a humble retiree :)), I would try Barraqudda.

In terms of quality and value, Centra Nova Spa (around 1,400-1,600...pics below) takes some beating...8.5/10, OK for soi 6 but maybe won’t suit guys who enjoy the LK Metro end of town.

7D0BA87C-0CF1-493D-A44F-B0CC839A359A.jpeg

A8EB080A-32C8-407B-A1F9-822DBAB725DA.jpeg

9BC0197F-C889-4DE2-B71D-D40F3DBC4A62.jpeg

Archived