Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

LK Residence - an updated Lottelee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

14 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Ahhh the LK Empress...great hotel, and your right, it serves a top breakfast.

The hotel is a little bit old , but the room area is quite large(388ft2).

During my stay , the swimming pool was under maintenance and the aircon of the fitness room didn't work. :Hair_Out1:

I moved to Siam@Siam :Bravo1:  after 5 days.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dabpat said:

The hotel is a little bit old , but the room area is quite large(388ft2).

During my stay , the swimming pool was under maintenance and the aircon of the fitness room didn't work. :Hair_Out1:

I moved to Siam@Siam :Bravo1:  after 5 days.

The hotel/booking agency should have informed you if the pool was closed - that's a real bummer. I booked the Acqua hotel via Expedia about a couple of months ago - the hotel emailed prior to my arrival to tell me the pool was closed for 2 weeks. Thankfully Expedia refunded my cash, even though I was on a 'no refund' booking.

Yes the Empress is an older hotel, I've always found everything to be working properly though....I like the style, as I say Versace meets Liberace :P The location on BR is great and sat outside on the terrace early evening is super - a cold beer, listen to the singer and watch the BR lovelies strut their stuff. 

Forget the a/c in the gym....man up :D

As to Siam@Siam I haven't stayed but been up to the lovely pool area, friends who have bunked up there rated the hotel, but didn't like the small rooms for the price they were paying. Location is a personal issue - some like Siam@Siam's (almost) North Pattaya location - personally I like to be a little more central.

Thanks for the feedback - appreciated. 

Residence is a nice hotel, location is great if your a LK Metro area freak or even otherwise a fantastic location. There’s one problem the bath tubs are very high I fell down twice trying to scale it after a oil massage and a LT drunk BF wanted to have shower before the deed and crashed badly and for a minute I thought she’s dead, anyway she opened her eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

7 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

The hotel/booking agency should have informed you if the pool was closed - that's a real bummer. I booked the Acqua hotel via Expedia about a couple of months ago - the hotel emailed prior to my arrival to tell me the pool was closed for 2 weeks. Thankfully Expedia refunded my cash, even though I was on a 'no refund' booking.

Yes the Empress is an older hotel, I've always found everything to be working properly though....I like the style, as I say Versace meets Liberace :P The location on BR is great and sat outside on the terrace early evening is super - a cold beer, listen to the singer and watch the BR lovelies strut their stuff. 

Forget the a/c in the gym....man up :D

As to Siam@Siam I haven't stayed but been up to the lovely pool area, friends who have bunked up there rated the hotel, but didn't like the small rooms for the price they were paying. Location is a personal issue - some like Siam@Siam's (almost) North Pattaya location - personally I like to be a little more central.

Thanks for the feedback - appreciated. 

I booked through Agoda and never received any updated info of the hotel facilities :Party1:

I've stayed in 4 hotels during my last trip. Centara grand mirage beach resort, Mera Mare hotel, LK Empress, and Siam@Siam. 

Centara Grand is great. Large hotel area includes the beachside, around 4-5(I forgot) restaurant, and they all taste good. Large pool area, great fitness room, and video game center. The room is clean and cozy, the breakfast is good. Location is the only problem, cuz it's located in the north of Pattaya. (8/10) :Bravo1:

Mera Mare is on the beach road, very easy to get a tuk-tuk. The room style is similar to the Siam@Siam, but the sound insulation is not good at all. (7/10):GiveBeer1:

Thanks for your info too:P

48 minutes ago, dabpat said:

I booked through Agoda and never received any updated info of the hotel facilities :Party1:

I've stayed in 4 hotels during my last trip. Centara Grand mirage beach resort, Mera Mare hotel, LK Empress, and Siam@Siam. 

Centara Grand is great. Large hotel area includes the beachside, around 4-5(I forgot) restaurant, and they all taste good. Large pool area, great fitness room, and video game center. The room is clean and cozy, the breakfast is good. Location is the only problem, cuz it's located in the north of Pattaya. (8/10) :Bravo1:

Mera Mare is on the beach road, very easy to get a tuk-tuk. The room style is similar to the Siam@Siam, but the sound insulation is not good at all. (7/10):GiveBeer1:

Thanks for your info too:P

Did Mera Mare charge you extra for guests ?

I wanted to stay there for its location. But they informed me by email they charge a joiner fee.

Cluck-cluck, gibber-gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.

1 minute ago, f308gt said:

Did Mera Mare charge you extra for guests ?

I wanted to stay there for its location. But they informed me by email they charge a joiner fee.

They didn't. But Centara Grand did! (something like 1000baht:Party1:)

If they both at the same price range, I prefer to stay at Siam@Siam.:Cross_Fingers:

Thanks for all of the info about this hotel.  I was looking for a room with a shower near LK Metro.  I booked a deluxe room at the LK residence and I am looking forward to my stay here.

2 hours ago, Bmac587 said:

Thanks for all of the info about this hotel.  I was looking for a room with a shower near LK Metro.  I booked a deluxe room at the LK Residence and I am looking forward to my stay here.

Thanks for the positive feedback mate. Enjoy your stay.

7 hours ago, raviinc said:

Residence is a nice hotel, location is great if your a LK Metro area freak or even otherwise a fantastic location. There’s one problem the bath tubs are very high I fell down twice trying to scale it after a oil massage and a LT drunk BF wanted to have shower before the deed and crashed badly and for a minute I thought she’s dead, anyway she opened her eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes mate, I too had a bad fall. The problem is that in the studio rooms there are no curtains around the shower over the bath. Invariably the floor gets wet and you are stepping in and out of a high bath onto a very slippery tile/marble type floor.

Ive never stayed at LK Residence, but I’ve stayed at LK Royal Suites many times which I love. Would you say LK Residence is better or is it just the location that makes it better? Might give it a try

32 minutes ago, Memurtle said:

Ive never stayed at LK Residence, but I’ve stayed at LK Royal Suites many times which I love. Would you say LK Residence is better or is it just the location that makes it better? Might give it a try

I would say that Royal suites is definitely better and there's not much to choose in location to me. A short walk to Soi 7/8 area and Central Festival and a short baht bus ride to LK Metro etc.

On 7/18/2018 at 08:52, Memurtle said:

I haven't stayed at Royal Suites, so I can't say. I personally prefer the location of the Residence as its only a 1 minute stroll to LK Metro.

5 hours ago, Bartol said:

Just book a room for my next trip in november.

I hope it will be ok.

Top hotel mate. As we say in France....Je ne regret rien.

also will be building a new condo next door in the near future ,could be noise if you are in the wrong room

46 minutes ago, electro said:

also will be building a new condo next door in the near future ,could be noise if you are in the wrong room

well, that is significant.....a condo next door to LK Residence?

has the drilling begun already?

1 hour ago, Autoroam said:

well, that is significant.....a condo next door to LK Residence?

has the drilling begun already?

i don't think the project known as the edge has EIA approval yet. the site has been cleared and not due to restart till 2019. so no noise from that site for a while

5b582497ea744_may20002(Custom).JPG.172fd91b43c760a3adc72ecf62d4f5c7.JPG

may 20th. lk residence in the background

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Bartol said:

This is in front of the bar complex on soi diana ?

There are several bar complexes on SD. Its opposite a smaller complex, not the big one, thats further up toward Soi Buakhao. First hotel on your left from 2nd rd.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 13:31, Bartol said:

This is in front of the bar complex on soi diana ?

It right across Soi Diana from the beer bar complex where the Cherry Bar is located and also Papagayo.

The NE corner of 2nd Road and Soi Diana.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

the site has looked like the pic above since may 2018 when i took it. demolition began around october/november 2017

as of yesterday the site remains dormant exactly as the above photo

the one below i took monday

5b98385c236bf_10sept014(Custom).JPG.7e0954d2e0b1273b7837cfb4992007f2.JPG

absolutely no activity of any kind behind the perimeter fence

Great location, nice hotel, I stayed there back when they had a functional restaurant for breakfast service, however since they shut down the restaurant I have not been back. 

15 minutes ago, Roadglide said:

Great location, nice hotel, I stayed there back when they had a functional restaurant for breakfast service, however since they shut down the restaurant I have not been back. 

last time i passed by the area that was used as a restaurant had changed from a chemists to an estate agents

Obviously Lottalee Winner likes the location of LK Residence, any reason to stay at  LK Royal & Empress instead of the Residence?

Archived