Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

LK Residence - an updated Lottelee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Intro - This was the 4th time I have stayed in this hotel (June 2018), so you can guess that it is one that i like.  Even when I don't stay at this hotel, i still like it as,  I have many a time graced them with my presence by using their washroom facilities if I am ever caught short on soi Dianna.....LW is a cheeky barsteward :D. I should add that The Residence was my second choice as I had intended to stay at The Acqua on soi Honey...unfortunately due to pool closure issues I swapped over to The Residence.

Location - If there is a better hotel in all of Pattaya for location, I have yet to find it. It lies on soi Dianna, midway between Second Rd and soi Buhakow (ideal for BB running to and from WS); it's also just around the corner from all the fun of LK Metro. You can grab a Baht bus each way - up to Soi 6 or down to WS + great for being dropped off on second rd  your return journey from WS. Location is key, and the LKR gives you the keys you need to get everywhere. Soi Diana is a lively street with many bars, bar complexes and restaurants, hotels and guest houses. It's worth pointing out that many folks (taxi drivers etc, still refer to the hotel by it's old name - LK Rennaisance).

Image result for LK residence Rennaisance pattaya

Check-In/Check-Out - Both went very smoothly.  On check-in  I was told that currently there was no noisy building work going on (true), next door (at new condo development). Nonetheless, the receptionist proactively offered me a room on the other side of the building. She also allowed me an early check in at 11.15am. I was  shown to my room by the bell hop who explained how everything worked then left me to it. Check-out was at 5 am and again very straightforward.

Facilities - On the third floor there is a really nice pool area - no screaming kids, hardly anyone there at all. Since my last visit a few years back the restaurant has gone and there is no gym at this hotel.

Ambiance -  This hotel has a really classy entrance - the  lobby looks luxurious.with marble and chandeliers. Like most of the LK range the decor is a little 'loud', but personally I really like it - Versace meets Liberace 5555

Room - I had the smallest (studio) room. My room (5th floor ) was a good size - much bigger than in any of the modern hotels. There was a large double bed which was very comfy. There was a small balcony with table and 2 seats included and  it opened out the rear of the Base Condos .  Good A/C, an LCD TV with a large selection of channels (though only around 10 were in English),. decent size safe, plenty of wardrobe space and a sofa all contributed to a really comfy stay. It was a tastefully appointed room with a large, comfortable bed with lovely linen, a living area boasting a sofa, chaise lounges, and small kitchen area with a large fridge freezer. The room had a good lighting system and A/C which could all be controlled from a pad next to the bed.  It's worth adding that the rooms are well sound proofed....slept like a baby.  The bathroom. whilst a little old was still very classy, my only issue is that showers had to be taken over the bath tub which was also capable of providing a spa (that I didn't use). No shower curtain or shower rail was provided and the tub was so high that one had to climb to get in and out. The lack of a shower curtain meant that water went everywhere and I used our spare towels to soak this up daily. A word of caution, be very careful not to slip, I did on a previous trip and was incredibly lucky to break my fall

Internet - Wifi service was first class throughout the hotel.

Customer Service - I have read elsewhere that the reception staff might seem a little frosty, but I found them absolutely brilliant and very welcoming. The hotel is GF and guests are made to feel welcome, when they are checked in and out. A special mention to the cleaning staff - fabulous, the entire hotel is clean as a whistle. You press a light next to your bed 'make up loom'....by the time you have had breakfast - hey presto, it's done. Guys, please consider leaving a small gratuity on your pillow daily for the cleaner.

Price - 1,350THB pn

Summary -  I loved this place. Every aspect of the hotel from the room and facilities to the staff and location were truly fantastic. I would recommend anyone to stay here I you fancy some affordable luxury. Staying again is something I would consider, but I would consider paying more for a better room with a walk-in shower.

LW Score - 7.5/10

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally put of because of something wich would cost 50 bhat a shower curtain! I hate when my bathroom floor has water on it as you have said it’s bloody dangerous.

Another useful and informative review.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Great info as ever. I wonder if, for an extended stay, you could pick up a shower curtain, the ones on the adjustable pole with the suction type rig up? Gotta be pretty cheap and worth while if there for a few weeks.

the 1 br suite has a walk in shower.Tub climbing is a pet hate of mine

5 hours ago, hauhinbin said:

That’s what I will do next time.

3 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

That’s what I will do next time.

Its my main beef with LK Metropole   ..they have these massive .I mean huge bathrooms but they dont have the wit to install a walk in shower

Same same LK Residence

The rooms otherwise although dated are great 

19 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Versace meets Liberace

I love it

I really liked this hotel. I stayed in one of the one bedroom suites right by the pool with a busy staying in the suite on the other side of the pool.

I don't really feel the need to try anywhere else since I know I like this place.

This place was on my list of possibles for my upcoming trip, but i plumped for somewhere else instead, im not keen on showers over the bath either, and its always something i look out for when booking my hotel.Other than that it does look a nice place to stay, all with a bit of ambience!

Just as an aside i can remember when they started building this hotel, quite a few years ago now but feels like yesterday.

16 hours ago, hauhinbin said:

It looks like the Deluxe room also has a walk in shower.

Does the suite have better "kitchen" facilities? It looks like there might be a microwave in addition to a refrigerator?

Enjoyed any time I stayed here, I was put off this time by the potential noise from the construction site next door so I am trying a studio at the Metropole instead, didn't realise the gym was gone. At 1350 a night you got a great rate.

Now that I think about it, it would not be a bad idea to have some backup hotels. Do you recommend any similar hotels at similar price points?

I am willing to spend a bit extra to know that I am in a nicer hotel with decent rooms, no noise issues, etc.

Thanks for the great reviews!

that is some sort of map. there has been no carrefour for years and no Tops supermarket in the location marked for at least a couple.

i stayed here during it's soft opening in a standard room. getting in and out the bath/shower had to be tackled carefully.

On 6/13/2018 at 06:32, mestorm said:

Now that I think about it, it would not be a bad idea to have some backup hotels. Do you recommend any similar hotels at similar price points?

I am willing to spend a bit extra to know that I am in a nicer hotel with decent rooms, no noise issues, etc.

Thanks for the great reviews!

Other hotels nearby I would recommend (all have great locations and are guest friendly):

Areca Lodge (Evergreen Wing) - resort style hotel with 2 pools - around 2,000THB

Acqua hotel - Really classy (think Malmaison brand in UK), great roof top bar/pool - around 1,800THB

Centra Avenue - decent , ultra modern touch screen rooms - small rooftop pool - around 1,300THB

Centara Azure - sister hotel to avenue, ultra classy, great pool but with small rooms - many Taiwanese guests - around 1,700THB

Travelodge - great value ultra modern hotel (small rooms), with nice rooftop pool - 1,200THB.

Just a few suggestions for around the LK area.

On 6/13/2018 at 07:51, striderman said:

that is some sort of map. there has been no carrefour for years and no Tops supermarket in the location marked for at least a couple.

i stayed here during it's soft opening in a standard room. getting in and out the bath/shower had to be tackled carefully.

Yes mate, map out of date a bit. 

Negotiating the tub/shower with a wet tiled floor, sure isn't for the fainthearted.

• 4 weeks later...

Stayed here back in January and loved it.  I actually got one of the rooms right off from the elevators on the 7th floor.  Was a deluxe maybe?  Had a stand up/walk in shower as well as a jetted tub.  

My only complaint with the hotel and this is very minor was that the water pressure in the shower was weak.  But I got used to it and just having a room that was so big for such a reasonable price has sold me on the hotel again for my trip in August.

Looking forward to staying there again.  And what you say about the location is so true.  It is in the ideal spot for getting anywhere in Pattaya.  Absolutely love soi Diana and am glad I chose that area to call home.  

• Expat living in Thailand as of April 2023

11 hours ago, JohnDerr said:

Stayed here back in January and loved it.  I actually got one of the rooms right off from the elevators on the 7th floor.  Was a deluxe maybe?  Had a stand up/walk in shower as well as a jetted tub.  

My only complaint with the hotel and this is very minor was that the water pressure in the shower was weak.  But I got used to it and just having a room that was so big for such a reasonable price has sold me on the hotel again for my trip in August.

Looking forward to staying there again.  And what you say about the location is so true.  It is in the ideal spot for getting anywhere in Pattaya.  Absolutely love soi Diana and am glad I chose that area to call home.  

Yes mate, you had a deluxe room, if the shower was walk-in.

Excellent review LW, after much searching and asking(including you :D)i finally booked my hotel this morning.....22 nights in the suite at LK Residence, roll on September ! Thanks for the advice

51 minutes ago, Stu79 said:

Excellent review LW, after much searching and asking(including you :D)i finally booked my hotel this morning.....22 nights in the suite at LK Residence, roll on September ! Thanks for the advice

Hope you have a great time buddy. Might see you there...I’m in Patts for a week 3-10 Sep with a mate from the UK...LK Residence is on my shortlist.

8 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Hope you have a great time buddy. Might see you there...I’m in Patts for a week 3-10 Sep with a mate from the UK...LK Residence is on my shortlist.

i arrive Sept 28th until 20th October so will miss you... well unless you have an october trip  planned as well :D

Archived