IGNORED

Robin Hood.

1 hour ago, islandnut said:

I ate there a week ago on Sunday. Tried the English carver buffet. I ate half the plate and left. Maybe if you ordered something off the menu it might be good. But there are too many other places to eat.  I will not return. 

Thanks for the heads up!!! Will stay away

Cheers Skippyroo 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know anything about Robin Hood at Avenue on second road?   Friend has been there several times recently and he rated it quite high for food.

So you don't trust your friends opinion ?
[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The affordable, professional, reliable construction company.

https://www.togetherconstructionthailand.com/

15 minutes ago, jmooney said:

So you don't trust your friends opinion ?
emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Yes I do, he has a similar taste in food to me and comes from the same part of the world but he did not post anything about prices, opening times or much about anything other than the Sunday lunch special.  This thread and the answers have filled in most of the gaps and I will be there for myself to try Sunday lunch buffet before the end of June.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Yes I do, he has a similar taste in food to me and comes from the same part of the world but he did not post anything about prices, opening times or much about anything other than the Sunday lunch special.  This thread and the answers have filled in most of the gaps and I will be there for myself to try Sunday lunch buffet before the end of June.

Imho
The Sportsman does a better carvery and better food.

The affordable, professional, reliable construction company.

https://www.togetherconstructionthailand.com/

17 hours ago, Tarl said:

@SteveB that looks awesome!

If was great, but way to much for me. I should have asked for a doggy bag. My tummy was so... full :D 

8 hours ago, jmooney said:

Imho
The Sportsman does a better carvery and better food.

Have been going to the Sportsmans since they opened on Soi Six many years ago, it used to be my favourite go to place for breakfast years ago.  Have also been to one on soi 13 which has been run by the son of the owner on Soi 6 since they opened there but don`t go so often now purely because of price, not disputing the value.  Now living on a UK pension and living in Issan I have to be a bit careful but I do like my food.

4 hours ago, udontony said:

Have been going to the Sportsmans since they opened on Soi six many years ago, it used to be my favourite go to place for breakfast years ago.  Have also been to one on soi 13 which has been run by the son of the owner on Soi 6 since they opened there but don`t go so often now purely because of price, not disputing the value.  Now living on a UK pension and living in Issan I have to be a bit careful but I do like my food.

I also used to be a regular in the Sportsman Soi 13 up to about 8/9 years ago.

Then the prices went up by about 30% in one go I kept going then had 2/3 shite meals in there put me off I don’t mind paying a bit more for better quality tucker but not for the same quality I can get else where 30/40% cheaper.

Since then so many other restaurants have opened up in Pattaya never bothered going back.

I don't particularly like the food at either the sportsman or Robin Hood. Sportsman is quite pricey, their sunday roast is about 450 baht and the roast beef is TUFF. 

The best deal I have found for brekky is Casa Pascal at 252. They put that up recently from 232. It's all you can eat and drink and the food is pretty good. There is a cook outside doing omelettes, etc so it's not only buffet.

1 hour ago, Kahoy said:

I don't particularly like the food at either the Sportsman or Robin Hood. Sportsman is quite pricey, their sunday roast is about 450 baht and the roast beef is TUFF. 

The best deal I have found for brekky is Casa Pascal at 252. They put that up recently from 232. It's all you can eat and drink and the food is pretty good. There is a cook outside doing omelettes, etc so it's not only buffet.

If I am very hungry Casa Pascal is one of my go to places.  Happy if I can get a table outside even if the food is a bit further away.  The selection of food there is really good, some things I would not normally associate with breakfast but really nice.   Unlimited drinks are a bonus, love the selection of fruit juices.

I had a few Xmas dinners at the old Sportsman on Soi 6. Used to eat there fairly regularly. I’ve tried it on Soi 13 two or three times but not keen on returning. Robin’s Nest has also gone downhill, imo, since being taken over by them.  

I’ve tried 3 different Retox establishments and won’t be returning to any of them.

Casa Pascal makes a nice change for the brunch buffet. Don’t go there very often but try to get there once or twice each trip.

I’ll give Robin Hood a try in July - though I don’t like all those steps!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, davidge said:

I had a few Xmas dinners at the old Sportsman on Soi 6. Used to eat there fairly regularly. I’ve tried it on Soi 13 two or three times but not keen on returning. Robin’s Nest has also gone downhill, imo, since being taken over by them.  

I’ve tried 3 different Retox establishments and won’t be returning to any of them.

Casa Pascal makes a nice change for the brunch buffet. Don’t go there very often but try to get there once or twice each trip.

I’ll give Robin Hood a try in July - though I don’t like all those steps!

There is an elevator. Enter the mall and go in the direction of the back and it will be on the right hand side. 

7 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

There is an elevator. Enter the mall and go in the direction of the back and it will be on the right hand side. 

Thanks, yes someone mentioned that I think.

I’ll see what I’m like in July - damaged a knee ligament so even slower than usual at the moment. :wacko:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I had the small breakfast at Robin Hood yesterday, which I thought was excellent for 85 baht (with the free VIP card; 95 baht without.

d162734292ddabe29bd428b015fe5f4f.jpg

On 17/05/2018 at 14:04, davidge said:

I’ve tried 3 different Retox establishments

Was in Retox Game on yesterday with a mate who wanted to get some food I had just eaten so just had a beer.

He ordered the steak & kidney pie and chips

Not a happy camper bottom of the pie pastry undercooked lid of the pie over cooked.

The chips were not even proper chips just precooked frozen which were not even cooked properly.

Cost 285 Baht yep nearly £7 for a shitty pie and frozen chips over priced shite.

The bottle of SM beer was lovely nice and cold but for 95Baht it should be 555

Robin hoods buffet is 450 baht. All meat was tough/dry. Rolls dried out(even the fresh one they brought out). I do not eat  peas and carrots, as I find this quite frequently on English style meals. Nor do I like hotdogs wrapped in bacon. I am an American, but also like many international foods. This fare is more for a “meat & potatoes “ type of guy, but I do like it for something very filling. 

There were 3 old gents sawing their meat highly enjoying themselves while I was there.

I am still trying to fathom how you English guys like pork&beans for breakfast, but hey I like odd things also lol. 

If anyone feels the need to give it a try, go ahead, you can always eat later again. Life is about adventure. 

I will say that while in cafe pitini on Sunday their special looked much the same...and this has become my fav go to restaurant. Great food at good prices. 

For breakfast/brunch tho, no restaurant can touch bake&brew. This place is loaded with bar fines/ euro guys from 10-2pm. I have eaten most of the menu due to me having breakfast while my Thai girl orders Thai dishes. I get to try them all. 

So back on topic, I am from Texas, and while I do not care for the state itself, one thing Texans do correctly is steaks/roast/brisket/bbq. I am still open to trying a good English meal of meats tho...just not anything from Robin Hood’s. 

On 5/15/2018 at 23:41, SteveB said:

Plus, I tried their food pallet, but did not know it was for two persons. As I fancied Scotch eggs.

And as per the pictures I failed to eat the lot. And I was blown out with too much food.:D     

20170803_161533.jpg

20170803_163027.jpg

By the by, a picture I took inside Robin Hood.

20170428_141355.jpg

Please disregard my breaky post #38. Doesn't come close to the retox baht buster for 99 baht :)

4d6ac3942931b8dc6995cfe987d981b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

Retox Soi Lengkee breakfast has always been the best value, and the quality is entirely acceptable.

On 19/05/2018 at 19:23, islandnut said:

Nor do I like hotdogs wrapped in bacon.

It isn't a hotdog (or at least it shouldn't be, and wasnt the last time I went).

It's supposed to be a sausage, and there is nothing wrong with a decent sausage wrapped in decent bacon.

On 5/20/2018 at 07:33, aussieoutcast said:

Please disregard my breaky post #38. Doesn't come close to the Retox baht buster for 99 baht :)

4d6ac3942931b8dc6995cfe987d981b9.jpg

Will they exchange this Black Pudding and the Fried Bread (don't fancy either) for more Bacon and/or Sausage?

I've eaten there quite a few times over the years. Had half a dozen poor meals on the trot (since about the time it was sold) and now stopped. There's plenty of better options around. 

More importantly, I like a cold beer. Have had a few warm pints of Heineken at Robin Hood late last year, another reason stopped going. Diceys, Hoff, Hooters all 5deg colder. 

14 hours ago, MSR said:

Will they exchange this Black Pudding and the Fried Bread (don't fancy either) for more Bacon and/or Sausage?

Er......let me know when you will be dining I,ll happily eat the black pud and fried bread :Laugh1:

13 hours ago, MSR said:

Retox are normally very good about things like that.

I changed the fried bread for extra toast. Didn't know black pudding was going to be there or would of changed as well

It has to be a bargain when 99 baht and i ask please don't give me fried bread, black pudding and tomatoe :)

I was in Pattaya last December and had a couple of meals at Robin Hood was pleased with the food.   And I was pleased that they sold Greene King IPA,  So it was nice to have a pint of IPA whilst eating.  It made a welcome change from drinking lager all the time

Archived