Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Robin Hood.

Anyone know anything about Robin Hood at Avenue on second road?   Friend has been there several times recently and he rated it quite high for food.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Planning to check it out next trip. Food looks awesome.

You in Patts soon mate?

11 minutes ago, Tarl said:

Planning to check it out next trip. Food looks awesome.

You in Patts soon mate?

Wish I was!  There second half of June for a week, when are you there?   Passed your place yesterday, no sign of life, let me know when you are back here.

Back in  Patts just a few days end of the month. I am at gym monday to friday from 9 till 1ish and weekends 3 till about 6. Hard work but good to keep busy. Still a fat bugger sadly lol

1 hour ago, udontony said:

Anyone know anything about Robin Hood at Avenue on second road?   Friend has been there several times recently and he rated it quite high for food.

Used to be just about Ok.Retox group flipped the Robin a few months back to an Indian chap.

Last time I went in there a few weeks back the meal I had was shite maybe have improved since.

I go there often for Sunday lunch, the regular lunch is 199 baht and i think one of the best around at that price point.

26 minutes ago, chris2004 said:

I go there often for Sunday lunch, the regular lunch is 199 baht and i think one of the best around at that price point.

My friend rated the Sunday lunch well above average, said they had lamb included.  I am looking forward to trying that on my next trip.

1 hour ago, Pheat said:

Used to be just about Ok.Retox group flipped the Robin a few months back to an Indian chap.

Last time I went in there a few weeks back the meal I had was shite maybe have improved since.

Was this Robin Hood or Robins nest?

Great Sunday lunch. They also do a carvery during the week. And a breakfast buffet. Not sure on price but I think around 200baht.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robin Hood (upstairs) in the Avenue was flipped by Retox. Tried it when they were running it and it was dreadful.

The new owner seems to be trying very hard and I’ve read a lot of good reviews. I’m not back in Pattaya until July so can’t try it yet.

I think they do a breakfast buffet at a reasonable cost and also a regular carvery. There’s also some sort of loyalty card for discounts at certain times.

I’ll try to dig out some pics...

5368A4D1-12EC-4AE7-997E-CCF6D1EC85BD.jpeg.6c54ad16f64c408184ba4f9e5712ed9d.jpegEABDD794-9B95-4228-8697-3B7184168CD2.jpeg.9f479e69140d6a097cfde16b1b87c90d.jpeg

From the website. Daily carvery (4pm-9pm) is 279 baht for all you can eat or 199 baht as plated. Sunday more expensive.

7449D00D-5D06-4ED5-B575-C2B8A2F92DD1.jpeg.7ee1e789ecb5e8b81c0f6786dd0c8b2a.jpeg

Breakfast buffet 7am-2pm (early finish Sunday) 249 baht all you can eat. Don’t know how coffee etc works?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 hours ago, udontony said:

Was this Robin Hood or Robins Nest?

Robin Hood But was a few weeks ago last time I visited.

If the recent reviews are good as you say I will pop in there this week and give the place another go.

Davidge.

Thanks for that information, looks very good and confirmed by my friend who has been eating there often recently.  I will be there to try for myself in June.   Love a good Sunday roast with Yorkshire etc and can never get in Issan where I live so it is a real treat for me.

26 minutes ago, udontony said:

Davidge.

Thanks for that information, looks very good and confirmed by my friend who has been eating there often recently.  I will be there to try for myself in June.   Love a good Sunday roast with Yorkshire etc and can never get in Issan where I live so it is a real treat for me.

I guess Udon is the closest place for you to get a roast?

Steve is still running his restaurant there, I think. Grub was always decent in his restaurant. I remember him moving from the town centre out to the ring road many years ago. Worth a visit if you’re in Udon.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

I guess Udon is the closest place for you to get a roast?

Steve is still running his restaurant there, I think. Grub was always decent in his restaurant. I remember him moving from the town centre out to the ring road many years ago. Worth a visit if you’re in Udon.

Yes Udon is nearest for a Sunday roast, we live mid way between Udon and Sakon Nakon but in Sakon I don`t know any good Sunday roast type places.  I really can not justify driving a four hour round trip just for Sunday lunch although I have been tempted.   Unfortunately we hardly ever go to Udon on a Sunday, main reason to go there is for immigration and they are not open on a Sunday.  So now I look forward to my regular trips to Pattaya to satisfy my craving for a good roast and Yorkshires.

I never had a bad roast at Robin Hood when it was run by Retox, and I never had one subsequently since it changed hands. But I've not been for nearly two months and someone who went recently was not very happy.

I will go again in person before I make my mind up. Previously it was always chock-a-block on Sundays which is what you want for a carvery: it leaves no time for things to get cold or stale.

I always enjoyed the all you can eat Sunday roast option...another big plus is its smoke free, and always plenty of free seats

Plus, I tried their food pallet, but did not know it was for two persons. As I fancied Scotch eggs.

And as per the pictures I failed to eat the lot. And I was blown out with too much food.:D     

20170803_161533.jpg

20170803_163027.jpg

I wondered why they suddenly stopped putting the daily special board out at the bottom of the stairs. Mystery solved.

Just checked their menu on the website. Good looking breakfast menu and it opens at 7:00 AM which is a plus for us early risers.

http://robinhoodpattaya.com/

I see the breakfast buffet variously advertised at 199 baht and 249 baht in different parts of their site.

1 hour ago, Kahoy said:

I see the breakfast buffet variously advertised at 199 baht and 249 baht in different parts of their site.

Indeed.

The text actually says: "From tomorrow Wednesday 14th March to Saturday 31st March the Friar Tucks Hot Breakfast Buffet will be an amazing 199 Baht instead of 249 baht. Please note that this is a set price and no discount/VIP cards can be used."

So presumably they forgot to update the site in April.

I have eaten there a few times. When the new guy took over it did go downhill a bit (in my opinion) but that is often the case with new people trying to implement their own ideas.

As of now it is back to being more than decent. The new owner seems to have worked out what works and what people want.

I ate there a week ago on Sunday. Tried the English carver buffet. I ate half the plate and left. Maybe if you ordered something off the menu it might be good. But there are too many other places to eat.  I will not return. 

Archived