IGNORED

Robin Hood.

On 5/19/2018 at 05:23, islandnut said:

So back on topic, I am from Texas, and while I do not care for the state itself, one thing Texans do correctly is steaks/roast/brisket/bbq.

Yup. Not to mention the "over the top" music scene in Austin. WooHoo! :Party1:

57 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

I was in Pattaya last December and had a couple of meals at Robin Hood was pleased with the food.   And I was pleased that they sold Greene King IPA,  So it was nice to have a pint of IPA whilst eating.  It made a welcome change from drinking lager all the time

Plus you get a buzz on far faster, if that's a goal. :D

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/19/2018 at 01:28, aussieoutcast said:

I had the small breakfast at Robin Hood yesterday, which I thought was excellent for 85 baht (with the free VIP card; 95 baht without. 

d162734292ddabe29bd428b015fe5f4f.jpg

That's exactly what I'd prefer for a breakfast - none of the silly fried bread, roasted tomato or black pudding; I always leave those behind (terrible, we Americans - eh?) 85-95 baht is a good deal - but I supposed that's without the beer...?  :wink:

15 hours ago, Woofiee said:

That's exactly what I'd prefer for a breakfast - none of the silly fried bread, roasted tomato or black pudding; I always leave those behind (terrible, we Americans - eh?) 85-95 baht is a good deal - but I supposed that's without the beer...?  :wink:

That is a small breakfast, but then not a big price.   Roasted tomato and black pudding I love but need mushrooms, can do without the fried bread.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 1 month later...

Last Sunday I finally managed to get to Robin Hood for Sunday lunch.   Not cheap at 395 baht.   Went early to make sure there was plenty of selection of meat available.   The lamb on the carvery was delicious and Mint sauce to go with it, first lamb I have eaten in a long time so I made the most of it.   Beef was very good and tender with horseradish sauce, ate too much lamb and beef to try the pork or the ham but both looked very good.   There was a good cauliflower in white sauce with cheese on top but the rest of the veg was plain  at best.   Good gravy and Yorkshire puddings so over all it was a really good meal if slightly expensive for me.

On 5/22/2018 at 14:10, KittenKong said:

It isn't a hotdog (or at least it shouldn't be, and wasnt the last time I went).

It's supposed to be a sausage, and there is nothing wrong with a decent sausage wrapped in decent bacon.

It’s called a pig in a blanket. 

On 5/13/2018 at 18:16, udontony said:

Yes Udon is nearest for a Sunday roast, we live mid way between Udon and Sakon Nakon but in Sakon I don`t know any good Sunday roast type places.  I really can not justify driving a four hour round trip just for Sunday lunch although I have been tempted.   Unfortunately we hardly ever go to Udon on a Sunday, main reason to go there is for immigration and they are not open on a Sunday.  So now I look forward to my regular trips to Pattaya to satisfy my craving for a good roast and Yorkshires.

you should try Harry'sHandleBar , in udonthani , real good food ,excellent fish and chips , bacon egg sandwich and breakfast was the best i've had in thailand , Chook the owner runs a good place

3 hours ago, nzwolfgang said:

It’s called a pig in a blanket. 

I know. The point was that it should be a sausage, not a "weiner".

4 hours ago, udontony said:

Last Sunday I finally managed to get to Robin Hood for Sunday lunch.   Not cheap at 395 baht.  

RH does an AYCE carvery weekdays from 4pm costing I think B279, and on Mondays it's 25% off, ie about B210.  How do you think that compares with the Sunday version at B395?

1 hour ago, SirL said:

RH does an AYCE carvery weekdays from 4pm costing I think B279, and on Mondays it's 25% off, ie about B210.  How do you think that compares with the Sunday version at B395?

I guess it is just Sunday's leftovers.

1 hour ago, Dazza118 said:

I guess it is just Sunday's leftovers.

Is Tuesday Monday's leftovers?  And Wednesday Tuesday's?

Maybe Sunday is Saturday's?

3 hours ago, SirL said:

I've had it a couple of times and its good. Both times I was there near the start time so everything was fresh and hot. No lamb during the week and the price does not include soup or a dessert, but that leaves more room for an extra helping of meat.

5 hours ago, tallguy said:

I've had it a couple of times and its good. Both times I was there near the start time so everything was fresh and hot. No lamb during the week and the price does not include soup or a dessert, but that leaves more room for an extra helping of meat.

Yes.  Being there near the start time is good practice, and without being funny I'd say that's an obvious tactic.  I knew the weekdays didn't have lamb, but I'm not really dead set on lamb myself.  I can live without soup or a dessert to leave more space for more AYCE meat as you write.

15 hours ago, SirL said:

Next time I am in Pattaya I will have to try the Monday carvery, do you need their card to get this price?

5 hours ago, SirL said:

Yes.  Being there near the start time is good practice, and without being funny I'd say that's an obvious tactic.  I knew the weekdays didn't have lamb, but I'm not really dead set on lamb myself.  I can live without soup or a dessert to leave more space for more AYCE meat as you write.

Living where I do in Issan we never see lamb on the menu, only in Makro if we go into town and then it is expensive.   Having eaten lamb all my life in UK I did have a craving for it.   We do not have an oven in our house so the Yorkshire puds were also a must.

21 hours ago, udontony said:

Last Sunday I finally managed to get to Robin Hood for Sunday lunch.   Not cheap at 395 baht.   Went early to make sure there was plenty of selection of meat available.   The lamb on the carvery was delicious and mint sauce to go with it, first lamb I have eaten in a long time so I made the most of it.   Beef was very good and tender with horseradish sauce, ate too much lamb and beef to try the pork or the ham but both looked very good.   There was a good cauliflower in white sauce with cheese on top but the rest of the veg was plain  at best.   Good gravy and Yorkshire puddings so over all it was a really good meal if slightly expensive for me.

I usually have the regular roast when i go to RH on a Sunday. It's more than enough for me and very tasty. Only 179 baht with the VIP card. They even give free water for us CCs.

IMG_20180624_133124.jpg

I have always found the food at Robin Hood to be fairly mediocre and apart from the odd occasion it's been very quiet whenever I've been in.

I always stay in this area and in my experience everything, Sunday Lunch, Breakfast etc, is far better at the Sportsman. They have a great menu. Worth the walk over 2nd road and down Soi 13. I have never had a meal in there that I wasn't happy with.

7 hours ago, BlooBell said:

I have always found the food at Robin Hood to be fairly mediocre and apart from the odd occasion it's been very quiet whenever I've been in.

I always stay in this area and in my experience everything, Sunday Lunch, Breakfast etc, is far better at the Sportsman. They have a great menu. Worth the walk over 2nd road and down Soi 13. I have never had a meal in there that I wasn't happy with.

A week last Sunday was the first time that I have been in the place and all the tables were being used by 12-30, admittedly many had one or two customers but it was definitely busy.

Sportsmans was always my go to place for breakfast when it was on Soi 6, really good food and not too expensive.  Liked the Sportsmans food on Soi 13 but it became more expensive.  Now when I am in Pattaya I rarely spend over 200 baht for a meal except for a Sunday lunch as I live on a UK pension now.    Next time I will have a look at Sportsmans and compare the two places, just hope they have lamb on the menu for Sunday lunch.

Had a really bad experience food, service and management wise at Robin Hood. They didn’t care or try. Won’t be back again. Too many other good places and places to try vs risk getting another bad experience.

I was enjoying a nice beef stew in a popular Soi 8 place, when a rat ran over the back of a chair, a couple of rows up ..I didn't finish the stew ...

1 hour ago, udontony said:

A week last Sunday was the first time that I have been in the place and all the tables were being used by 12-30, admittedly many had one or two customers but it was definitely busy.

Sportsmans was always my go to place for breakfast when it was on Soi 6, really good food and not too expensive.  Liked the Sportsmans food on Soi 13 but it became more expensive.  Now when I am in Pattaya I rarely spend over 200 baht for a meal except for a Sunday lunch as I live on a UK pension now.    Next time I will have a look at Sportsmans and compare the two places, just hope they have lamb on the menu for Sunday lunch.

They do. 

Leg of Lamb, two joints of roast beef (1 rare, 1 well) roast Pork, roast Chicken and Steak Pie. 

It aint cheap by Pattaya standards..... 400+ iirc, but you can have as much meat as you want as many times as you want and it is top notch. As good a roast dinner as I’ve had anywhere. 

As far as I know the Sportsman charges extra for lamb, and if you do pay the supplement you still only get one serving of a few slices.

I think their carvery is way overpriced and I was unimpressed when I last went, a year or so ago.

3 hours ago, BlooBell said:

They do. 

Leg of Lamb, two joints of roast beef (1 rare, 1 well) roast Pork, roast Chicken and Steak Pie. 

It aint cheap by Pattaya standards..... 400+ iirc, but you can have as much meat as you want as many times as you want and it is top notch. As good a roast dinner as I’ve had anywhere. 

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

As far as I know the Sportsman charges extra for lamb, and if you do pay the supplement you still only get one serving of a few slices.

I think their carvery is way overpriced and I was unimpressed when I last went, a year or so ago.

Will have to investigate before committing myself.   Sounds like an expensive meal there if you have to pay a supplement for the lamb and possibly limited amount!   In Robin Hood I had three servings of many slices of lamb, loved it.   The rare beef joint in Sportsmans sounds good, the beef in R.H. was excellent but I would have loved it even more if it was rare.   I would hope Sportsmans have Yorkshire puds as well.

9 minutes ago, udontony said:

Will have to investigate before committing myself.   Sounds like an expensive meal there if you have to pay a supplement for the lamb and possibly limited amount!   In Robin Hood I had three servings of many slices of lamb, loved it.   The rare beef joint in Sportsmans sounds good, the beef in R.H. was excellent but I would have loved it even more if it was rare.   I would hope Sportsmans have Yorkshire puds as well.

Website doesn’t mention a supplement for lamb. Says All you Can Eat and 5 meats.

It is 450 baht though! 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

No extra charge for me for Lamb in Feb, just paid the set fee..... perhaps things have changed.

It certainly may have changed since I was last there, which was some time ago as I mentioned. The competition from Robin Hood will surely have had some effect on them.

Archived