IGNORED

The Edge by Sansiri

blueye44

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5add93deb6983_april20028(Custom).JPG.89c82713ae731824449f100b972479ec.JPG

the twin tower base in the left background. right background LK Residence

gonna be tight on space. my condo 1 bed unit is 50 sq mtr. their 2 bed unit is 48.25/48.50 sq mtr

errr the base south tower and the lk residence are a bit further apart than it looks in that photo above

5adda2ea9df15_april20026(Custom).JPG.946d2b277b0dd590b15902228e840338.JPG

Im in the base twr  A, will lose some sea view, thank you Sansiri, still will have the Orient sunset, Bali hi etc

looks like a tight on schedule on build time but the same developer built the Base real fast

Yes i in my wisedom or stupidity bought off plan, but all ok, so far touchwood, have the title so its ok.  Some people will lose significant loss of view that they paid premium for ..

Sansiri are one of the very few ‘proper’ developers operating in Pattaya so less of a risk than with many. You pay a premium as a result, though.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Yes , i looked around for two years, wasnt until Sansiri came on scene  that i signed., every other project at the same time is unfinished, not started even

I like the way they call a 33 sq m condo "Large". Those hotel rooms facing 2nd road will be darkness..

10 minutes ago, chris2004 said:

I like the way they call a 33 sq m condo "Large". 

They do seem to be offering glorified cupboards! :rolleyes:

Loction locatian
Yes with location location you'll get big groups of Chinese and a condo treated like a hotel

Why would they want to build another condominium in the same spot? I don't get it... It's never good when so many people living so close... absolutely agree the view would be ruined...  On the bright side, maybe it will drop the prices for The Base condos... 

Why would they want to build another condominium in the same spot? I don't get it... It's never good when so many people living so close... absolutely agree the view would be ruined...  On the bright side, maybe it will drop the prices for The Base condos... 
Reports are that the condos aren't well made at the Base anyway

They keep making the units smaller and smaller.  A friend of mine rents a 1 bedroom at the Base and he told me it was 35 sq meters when I visited him and I thought it was tiny.  I see the Edge is offering three 1 bedroom sizes, all smaller than his.

today

5adf058018cf3_april24003(Custom).JPG.7b0766eba116cc0d1a55c4bed4345555.JPG

5adf059a278b4_april24004(Custom).JPG.763d7df37d70a42db8a28229d69fb331.JPG

the building foreground left is the Apex hotel. the building at the back with the brown bit is the bay breeze hotel in soi honey

I am in A tower 26th Floor if 31 floor high I loose 1/3 of my view. Not good for the owner personally i can move if I want.

some units are 29smq hey are very small ...yes. I lived in a 35smq Unit once for 1 month I had to get out of there way to small to live in. over anxious builders to sell a 1 Bedrooms If you take out all the walls it would be beautifull studios easy to live in with a great Panoramic view on the southside anyway. As its  a concrete highrise none of these walls should be supporting walls so can be removed.

I heard 1 Chinese own 30 units in A tower hence the hoards of Chinese daily. Avoid the chinese in b Tower but view is not as great.

All the big fuss about no daily and weekly rentals no way with this hoards coming in its only monthly. They check people in at security all they need is check them out and they know who is renting shorttime. Even security is laughing...Hotel The Base they say

I am sure the edge will be Chinese owned mostly. reason the units are as small is maybe they just build for rental units anyway.

Live her for 15 months now .I like it as its very convenient location ,nice building good Juristic  Office they help with anything you need .If you rented from them of course.They even pay your Utility, Internet  Bills and all else when traveling.Set you up with internet etc.They have about 350 units they rent out. Google Rental for the Holidays for website

Fantastic views at least in the front 52 smq units

Bad stuff

Hoards of Chinese daily

No Garbage shoot. Garbage is 2 x40 gallon Bins on each floor. can smell at times

No Buzzer for ringup.Need to go down to get your visitors. Why, i never know even a buzzer will limit anyone to 1 floor. Probably all for money saving only

Constant repairs on building so not the best workmanship but nice architecture.

4 hours ago, madhat said:

Why would they want to build another condominium in the same spot? I don't get it...

The developers dont care. The Base is sold out so they (Sansiri) have nothing to lose by putting another condo in front of it. Look at the Diamond Tower on Pratumnak which will block the view from the building next to it. Or the new building that is being launched on 3nd Road just opposite the City Garden Tower, near Tony's Gym. Both examples of a developer snookering (if not to say shafting) those who bought into their earlier developments. It is common practice to start at the rear of plots and to work forward.

In practice, one reason they are building on the old Diana Inn plot is probably so that the new condo can share the entrance of the  Base, thus avoiding wasting space on driveways etc.

Anyone who buys into the Soi Diana side of that new building is really going to need his earplugs. Or Chinese tenants.

2 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

The developers dont care. The Base is sold out so they (Sansiri) have nothing to lose by putting another condo in front of it. Look at the Diamond Tower on Pratumnak which will block the view from the building next to it. Or the new building that is being launched on 3nd Road just opposite the City Garden Tower, near Tony's Gym. Both examples of a developer snookering (if not to say shafting) those who bought into their earlier developments. It is common practice to start at the rear of plots and to work forward.

In practice, one reason they are building on the old Diana Inn plot is probably so that the new condo can share the entrance of the  Base, thus avoiding wasting space on driveways etc.

reason to build on the same spot is property was available and cheaper then anywhere else. Personally i wish they would build on the empty lot besides VT6. I certainly would move there as its closer to the beach so much better views.Maybe someday someone will

1 minute ago, KittenKong said:

Anyone who buys into the Soi Diana side of that new building is really going to need his earplugs. Or Chinese tenants.

5 minutes ago, GlobalTraveler said:

reason to build on the same spot is property was available and cheaper then anywhere else. Personally i wish they would build on the empty lot besides VT6. I certainly would move there as its closer to the beach so much better views.Maybe someday someone will

That plot has been bought by a hotel chain. They published detailed plans on the 2 hotels to be built there and cleared the lot.

Nothing has happened since. No idea when/If construction will start.

Archived