IGNORED

The Edge by Sansiri

blueye44

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I paid 4.5 million for a 53sqm at the Unixx a few years ago with unbeatable views of Pattaya at level 35 and in a nice quiet location.

My mate and his girlfriend stayed there for the past week.There are approx 40 units per floor,and during his stay,never met one neighbour.When I stay at xmas,i saw one neighbour on my floor the entire 20 days I stayed there.So judging from this,i would say renting out,is not easy.

8.7 mill for a 33sqm unit in Pattaya??? you have got to be kidding.These are BKK prices in a great location.Pattaya is a shithole...I love it...but still a shithole.These prices per sqm can buy you a nice apartment in Sydney 10km from the CBD 

On 04/08/2018 at 10:56, CamelToe said:

I paid 4.5 million for a 53sqm at the Unixx a few years ago with unbeatable views of Pattaya at level 35 and in a nice quiet location.

My mate and his girlfriend stayed there for the past week.There are approx 40 units per floor,and during his stay,never met one neighbour.When I stay at xmas,i saw one neighbour on my floor the entire 20 days I stayed there.So judging from this,i would say renting out,is not easy.

8.7 mill for a 33sqm unit in Pattaya??? you have got to be kidding.These are BKK prices in a great location.Pattaya is a shithole...I love it...but still a shithole.These prices per sqm can buy you a nice apartment in Sydney 10km from the CBD 

i also stay on the 35th floor been there nearly  2 years now , its great its like a floor to myself , i am just dreading the day the chinese turn up on that floor

I stayed on the 13th floor in April. Hardly saw any neighbors either.

It is only hard to rent if you are trying to make a profit. Thais are happy making a 10 baht profit. There will be no shortage of guys willing to stay at your place for 10k and less!

Because of so many new condos sprouting up, I gave up seeing Thailand as investible. Prices are insanely high and you can't charge enough rent to make a profit.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2153339978239285&set=pcb.876711929204869&type=3

Resales for The Edge now starting to appear.  

Interesting looking at the pics, I like the pool area on the top floor, but one pic slightly misleading as it suggests it is further from 2nd Rd than I think is the case.  Studios are only 27sq m, without any balcony?

• 3 months later...
Just now, Halfaboy said:

Did they mention a month in 2019 ?

april in 1 of the pics somewhere in this thread.

don't think they can start with EIA approval and when they get that i expect it to be plastered all over the outside hoardings

As with many other projects I wonder how the infrastructure will cope, especially with regard to access.
Over 600 more units on an already congested 2nd road. A major building that runs up the small soi Diana.
I see increased congestion causing traffic jams back to Pattaya Tai and up to Soi Buakeow and beyond.

I'm in the base on the 10th floor. The noise from a handful of the bars on soi diana is quite unbelievable ....until 3am every day

After the bars close, i can then hear the taxi drivers clapping, to attract fares.

I sure wouldn't want a unit close to the LK Whatever hotel, just based on noise experience.

On 17/12/2018 at 13:41, taylor1975 said:

I'm in The Base on the 10th floor. The noise from a handful of the bars on soi diana is quite unbelievable ....until 3am every day

Indeed. It has always been a completely mystery to me why anyone would choose to live in a condo that overlooks any sort of bar area. Units in the new Edge will presumably be even worse, as it is nearer to the bars in both Soi Diana and those on the other side of 2nd Road which are also very noisy.

On 19/12/2018 at 14:10, KittenKong said:

Indeed. It has always been a completely mystery to me why anyone would choose to live in a condo that overlooks any sort of bar area. Units in the new Edge will presumably be even worse, as it is nearer to the bars in both Soi Diana and those on the other side of 2nd Road which are also very noisy.

Good question, KittenKong .. a great many buyers of Thai condos are retail-level Thai investors, seeking rental income .. that they misread Pattaya's farang rental market would be unsurprising.

I understand there are rentals located right in the middle of Walking Street .. okay for a convenient short time .. but, I wonder how many repeat guests they pull for overnight stays.

I could imagine a retail-level investor mistakenly thinking that close proximity to the action would be advantageous, drawing more rentals .. a rookie tourist to Pattaya might knowingly make that mistake once, thinking it a good idea, but I rather doubt most would do that again.

Consistent with the broader Thai condominium market, I would wager that very few buyers of this type of condo are end-users, thinking about the neighborhood in which they would live normal day-to-day lives.

They have to be thinking that they are buying hotel rooms, not homes.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

On 19/12/2018 at 18:10, KittenKong said:

How many floors up does one have to be before the noise becomes a non issue. 

Im not sure how many floors The Base has, I’d guessing 30+ and this new development may well be similar. 

After X number of floors the noise becomes a non issue one might imagine. 

I’m not saying you can’t hear it, but it might not be a ‘keep you awake’ Issue after X number of floors. 

The price of The edge condo units is ridiculous and it is even more expensive or maybe similar price than the condos in Sukhumvit line in BKK.

I wonder who want to pay more than 8M for 33SQM 1bed room unit in Pattaya?

The real estate price in the worhd already started to go down and the apartments/condos in the major cities such as Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, etc.. has gone down by 15%~25% from the peak, but only the real estate price in Thailand still is soaring up so I think it will soon face the correction time.

passed by the lot a week or so ago and looked in though the aluminum fence/wall where there was an opening and was VERY SURPRISED to see no work had been done other than clearing the lot (which is a lot of work, on its own, but still)... when is this new SanSreeiiii Condo construction supposed to be completed?  and why has the construction not started?  again, I was VERY SURPRISED to see no progress on construction... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

On 26/05/2018 at 21:41, dickygozinya said:

NOW I know that most of us on this forum are NOT the obnoxious type of Westerner, my Thai friends talk about........ The reality is the majority of Westerner's are losing relevance as buyer's of condo's, and rapidly losing importance as a tourist block in Thailand as "Hordes of middle class Chinese (mostly those who were denied large families due to the taxes imposed by China after the one state allowed child),  with no 'cost efficient, place in China', to spend their new middle class wealth.  Also the growth of 'wealthy Chinese' and rapidly expanding college educated Thai's (known by some as -  'Bangkokians'), middle class is swooping in to push out westerners and take advantage of any existing - but seldom enforced Thai laws on the books to nudge out Westerners  where profits are concerned.   It would seem wealthy Thais consider the only relevant Westerners now those few who have married to build a family, and have Thai children.

I speak to dozens of 'well off' Thai's at business functions, pretty much daily .   Most of these 'upper middle class Bangkok Thai's', would prefer not to engage with 'those type of Westerners who come to take advantage of the Thai economy, and care little of Thai culture, and have zero desire to learn Thai and constantly are telling Thai's - "You need to learn English", especially, the kind of Westerner, that Thai people are very cognizant of who only care about Thai females from the nose to the knees. 

Even the few single digit millionaires (which thanks to the USA stock market bump), are many of us here, have noticed a 'cooling' of Thai's interest in westerners, which I began to notice before I was fortunate enough to be coupled with my prominent HiSo Thai lady.

Wait, is this an instance of a Thai  believing ‘my farang friend is different’?

You mention Thais enforcing seldom used laws to to nudge out foreigners where profits are concerned.  This is shortly after you reference holding condos in a company name.  Is it that you don’t see the potential problem there or you are confident that having a Thai wife and famil would insulate you from any issues? 

14 hours ago, Dr No said:

How many floors up does one have to be before the noise becomes a non issue. 

Im not sure how many floors The Base has, I’d guessing 30+ and this new development may well be similar. 

After X number of floors the noise becomes a non issue one might imagine. 

I’m not saying you can’t hear it, but it might not be a ‘keep you awake’ Issue after X number of floors. 

I was on floor 10. It was like the live singer was on my balcony. I could hear the taxi guys clapping at night.

my guess, 20+ at least

23 minutes ago, Xfreak0000 said:

The price of The edge condo units is ridiculous and it is even more expensive or maybe similar price than the condos in Sukhumvit line in BKK.

I wonder who want to pay more than 8M for 33SQM 1bed room unit in Pattaya?

The real estate price in the worhd already started to go down and the apartments/condos in the major cities such as Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, etc.. has gone down by 15%~25% from the peak, but only the real estate price in Thailand still is soaring up so I think it will soon face the correction time.

I thought they were 4m not 8?

Just now, taylor1975 said:

I thought they were 4m not 8?

I think the smallest ones (26 or 27 sq m?) started at about 4.5m

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Just now, davidge said:

I think the smallest ones (26 or 27 sq m?) started at about 4.5m

Yeh possibly ....but 8m for 33sqm is still way off, surely? (bonkers if its not!)

As a side note, rental for the holidays manage 300 units (in the base) and were all full in december, apparently. The lady also said, they can't stop the daily/weekly rental from happening, despite trying a bit.

Just now, taylor1975 said:

Yeh possibly ....but 8m for 33sqm is still way off, surely? (bonkers if its not!)

As a side note, rental for the holidays manage 300 units (in The Base) and were all full in december, apparently. The lady also said, they can't stop the daily/weekly rental from happening, despite trying a bit.

Prices there were nuts - even for a reputable developer. Around 200000baht per sq m from memory. Slightly more for the larger units. Think they’re confident of Chinese buyers.

Similar to the Base, I think. Chinese buying and renting to other Chinese on a nightly basis. No chance of it being stopped.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

31 minutes ago, southsidebruce said:

passed by the lot a week or so ago and looked in though the aluminum fence/wall where there was an opening and was VERY SURPRISED to see no work had been done other than clearing the lot (which is a lot of work, on its own, but still)... when is this new SanSreeiiii Condo construction supposed to be completed?  and why has the construction not started?  again, I was VERY SURPRISED to see no progress on construction... 

you cannot start construction till they have  EIA approval. environmental impact assesment. the site was cleared by late may early june 2018. building work start was announced back then to be in early 2019.

38 minutes ago, striderman said:

you cannot start construction till they have  EIA approval. environmental impact assesment. the site was cleared by late may early june 2018. building work start was announced back then to be in early 2019.

ahhhh, OK.... building start early 2019, completion to be late 2021?  by then the bigARSE complex of condos along Bukhao Soi 15, opposite the Centara Azure, should be almost completed... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Archived