Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cheap flights Oz to Bkk

gazzamac1963

I am so glad someone posted about this otherwise I would never have known. I have booked my tickets thru Bestjet for February in July. Thankfully our tickets are good but I will book directly thru the airlines in future.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Robbie Jones said:

I am so glad someone posted about this otherwise I would never have known. I have booked my tickets thru Bestjet for February in July. Thankfully our tickets are good but I will book directly thru the airlines in future.

Am I right in thinking that if one pays with Visa or with MasterCard, then the credit card company does guarantee the transaction i.e. refunds the amount paid if the company collapses?

Does any BM know?

Just now, Bonkabit said:

Am I right in thinking that if one pays with Visa or with MasterCard, then the credit card company does guarantee the transaction i.e. refunds the amount paid if the company collapses?

Does any BM know?

I called my credit card company first and they were ready to put a dispute in but fortunately not needed. We got our return fares for $660 AUD so even with a refund it would have cost us another $200 AUD. I didn't get to the travel insurance side of things but I think that would have been messy

One of my best flights Melbourne-LoS was about four years ago. I booked economy on Scoot (Singapore Airlines) to Singapore. A few days before the flight they sent me an email, "We have four business class seats free. How much will you bid?" I bid $A175 (4000THB) and got seat A1, full recline, good light meal etc.

Stayed one night in a hotel near the airport; next day easy two hours or so to Utapao (Pattaya/Rayong) on AirAsia. Taxi to hotel.

Scoot is good if timetable suits. If going to Bangkok, I think the connection is to Don Muang - not as convenient for Pattaya as Suvarnabhumi but fine if staying first in Bangkok itself.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheap flights to bkk on sale ATM.... With Scoot...

l got return from Perth in Feb for AUD 337.97...

Don't know about other cities or how long sale is on for.... 

GOOD LUCK..!!

ps.. they fly to both BKK & DMK...

Disclaimer.... yea I'm an Idiot

I fly Thai Air when I can, usually economy.

The one thing I cannot work out and annoys me a bit is why Thai Air do not get a Sky Bridge into the terminal.

You would think as the National carrier they would get berths.

It is always (for me anyway) a bus whether it is hot, raining or both 555!

One advantage of the bus is that it usually deposits you near immigration.

On the trail of the pink pussy
Don't sweat the petty things. Just pet the sweaty things!

TRs
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Pattaya        http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Cambodia     http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Bangkok       http://www.bangkok-a...uldoon-will-go/

2 minutes ago, muldoon said:

The one thing I cannot work out and annoys me a bit is why Thai Air do not get a Sky Bridge into the terminal.

Thai Airlines from Sydney always seem to get an air bridge. I would put up with the heat to be dropped at immigration 

3 minutes ago, Robbie Jones said:

Thai Airlines from Sydney always seem to get an air bridge. I would put up with the heat to be dropped at immigration 

I fly MEL-BKK on the new fleet of A350-900 but have flown on the old stock on and off since 2012.

I have yet to get a sky bridge.

I flew Jetstar once and they had a sky bridge... shrug.

On the trail of the pink pussy
Don't sweat the petty things. Just pet the sweaty things!

TRs
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Pattaya        http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Cambodia     http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Bangkok       http://www.bangkok-a...uldoon-will-go/

1 hour ago, muldoon said:

I reckon the reason this happens is because if they say to british airways or emirates (etc) they are not getting a sky bridge, they will tell them to fuck off. Thai airways has no choice but to fly into BKK

12 Pints in Know it all

Archived