IGNORED

Cheap flights Oz to Bkk

gazzamac1963

I booked last week for February, Thai airlines direct flight Sud-BKK, I paid $692. Today I see the fair had gone down again! 
BCDF36EF-22FE-4EE9-B5C1-DB0BCEAAAA6C.thumb.png.c40dd47bd8bc87daeeb22212c9c74160.png
Ahhh, that sucks. Still, that's a very good price you paid...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, anglesea said:

Yes. Some to Don Muang as well.

AirAsia, at least, requires a 3hr transfer at KL from OOL.

And AirAsia only used DMK, not BKK.

55 minutes ago, HowieD said:

I booked last week for February, Thai airlines direct flight Sud-BKK, I paid $692. Today I see the fair had gone down again! 

BCDF36EF-22FE-4EE9-B5C1-DB0BCEAAAA6C.png

Using a flight consolidation site to search for deals is good, but when you try to book through the actual airline website, it is often more expensive.  I just checked the Thai Airlines site and I am seeing $755 for your dates.  

You got an outstanding deal originally, so I wouldn't be too concerned about your post showing it had, possibly, gone down $27.

He certainly did get a great deal .

Cheapest I've seen Thai airways for a looooong time.

Can't beat direct, and of course Thai the only direct flight out of Brisbane. 

I got carried away and booked a Melbourne - BKK with Shitstar for next trip (low low price <$500 with bags/food etc). Used points for Brisbane-Melbourne legs. In hindsight I would have paid a few hundred more to fly direct. 

And prefer the first leg of non direct flights home to be the foreign/international leg - (BKK-Sing, BKK-KL etc) - that way the long leg is the last - fly al night and you're home - It's hard yakka being on an all nighter and then farking around to get another domestic flight when you are stuffed. You really wish you weren't such a tight arse then.

So Singapore, Malaysian, even Air Asia and Scoot etc a little easier than Jetstar or Qantas in my opinion, for BNE to BKK at least..

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, superroo said:

He certainly did get a great deal .

Cheapest I've seen Thai airways for a looooong time.

Its a very good fare, but bear in mind February is probably one of the cheapest times to travel from Australia. Also he booked (and paid?) 8 months in advance.

But still a very good fare for Thai Airways. Emirates tend to be a bit cheaper, I got a AUD $600 in February this year with Emirates (codeshare with QF).

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

I'm looking for flights MEL-BKK for late Jul or early Aug as well.

I searched yesterday and Thai wanted $1000+  return for anything around those dates.

I did stumble on to STA travel which could get me onto Thai for $785.

I did not go through with the booking so I am not sure whether you can select your seat etc.

Maybe after you have booked you can go onto Thai and select using a booking number.

Make sure you select Thai or direct flight in the extra search options other it will only show the cheapest, e.g. China Southern.

I went and checked Thai again just now and MEL-BKK return 1 Aug-15 Aug is now $819.

I can't work them out as to when and why they have price spikes/troughs the way they do.

Here is the STA link

http://www.statravel.com.au/cheap-flights-thai-airways.htm?utm_source=rakuten&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_term=p*iuXAP7zBk&siteID=p.iuXAP7zBk-qc42ofXIqkeN07k714NsWw

On the trail of the pink pussy
Don't sweat the petty things. Just pet the sweaty things!

TRs
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Pattaya        http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Cambodia     http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Bangkok       http://www.bangkok-a...uldoon-will-go/

4 hours ago, MidniteM said:

Using a flight consolidation site to search for deals is good, but when you try to book through the actual airline website, it is often more expensive.  I just checked the Thai Airlines site and I am seeing $755 for your dates.  

You got an outstanding deal originally, so I wouldn't be too concerned about your post showing it had, possibly, gone down $27.

It really is a balancing act, booking your flight early enough to get a seat that suits you, yet at a bargain price.

I fly direct out of Brisbane and the Friday afternoon flights I prefer are booked out months ahead.

4 minutes ago, Captain Courageous said:

It really is a balancing act, booking your flight early enough to get a seat that suits you, yet at a bargain price.

I fly direct out of Brisbane and the Friday afternoon flights I prefer are booked out months ahead.

Thai Airways are a pain in the ass flying out of Brisbane with different flight times on different days.

Friday would be great if they had the 23:40 flight instead of 14:00. Then with having Saturday off we have to wait till 23:40 as that day doesn't have the 14:00 flight.

25 minutes ago, muldoon said:

I'm looking for flights MEL-BKK for late Jul or early Aug as well.

I searched yesterday and Thai wanted $1000+  return for anything around those dates.

I did stumble on to STA travel which could get me onto Thai for $785.

I did not go through with the booking so I am not sure whether you can select your seat etc.

Maybe after you have booked you can go onto Thai and select using a booking number.

Make sure you select Thai or direct flight in the extra search options other it will only show the cheapest, e.g. China Southern.

I went and checked Thai again just now and MEL-BKK return 1 Aug-15 Aug is now $819.

I can't work them out as to when and why they have price spikes/troughs the way they do.

Here is the STA link

http://www.statravel.com.au/cheap-flights-thai-airways.htm?utm_source=rakuten&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_term=p*iuXAP7zBk&siteID=p.iuXAP7zBk-qc42ofXIqkeN07k714NsWw

I've used STA quite a few times but at the moment Momondo was been cheaper with Pricebeattravel.com.au offering the cheapest flights atm.

What I usually do is search dates through Momondo then go to the booking site with the cheapest fares then go to Flight Centre show them the fares advertised by the booking agent and they will beat it by $1 and you're booking through FC not some booking agent.  If FC cant reserve a seat on the day then I would log onto the Thai air site 24hrs before the flight departure time and reserve a seat then. I've saved heaps by doing this.

www.momondo.com.au

6 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Thai Airways are a pain in the ass flying out of Brisbane with different flight times on different days.

Friday would be great if they had the 23:40 flight instead of 14:00. Then with having Saturday off we have to wait till 23:40 as that day doesn't have the 14:00 flight.

At least you have the direct flight option from Brisbane...none from Adelaide...

What I look for here is using the same airline so the checked baggage goes to Bangkok ex Adelaide.  Air China Southern, Malaysia Airlines and Singapore Air do the trick...

8 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Personally I don't mind the 14.00  Friday afternoon flights, {easy for me as I'm retired) and clearing Suvvy airport immigration & customs I'm in Patts before 22.30.  

After throwing my bags in the hotel I'm hitting the streets and having fun, if I got there during the daylight hours it would be something of a waste really.

11 minutes ago, Captain Courageous said:

Personally I don't mind the 14.00  Friday afternoon flights, {easy for me as I'm retired) and clearing Suvvy airport immigration & customs I'm in Patts before 22.30.  

After throwing my bags in the Hotel I'm hitting the streets and having fun, if I got there during the daylight hours it would be something of a waste really.

I've been married to my Thai wife for 16 years so hitting the streets and having fun has to be discreet.

2 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

I've been married to my Thai wife for 16 years so hitting the streets and having fun has to be discreet.

Sir, my heartfelt sympathy at your predicament !  555

5 hours ago, Captain Courageous said:

After throwing my bags in the Hotel I'm hitting the streets and having fun, if I got there during the daylight hours it would be something of a waste really.

Mine is a Wednesday flight at 14.00 which hopefully arrives on time at 20.20 then a great Nam taxis trip which should get me to Chow Soy in time for a quick shower & then a 90 second wander down to Lolitas for stress relief & then a stroll down to join Chris et al for a night cap or ten at the Anzac bar before collapsing  into a coma

www.sugarcanemafia.com

• 3 weeks later...

Flight Centre no longer price match, new policy. Went in this morning to book a flight with Thai for October departure. Was told couldnt match the $635 return fare with Bestjet, best they could do was $730...so I walked out.

3 hours ago, barmatt said:

Flight Centre no longer price match, new policy. Went in this morning to book a flight with Thai for October departure. Was told couldnt match the $635 return fare with Bestjet, best they could do was $730...so I walked out.

don't blame you, hate dealing with flight centre, they would not even match Aunt Betty which is owned by them.

On 03/06/2018 at 17:04, barmatt said:

I've used STA quite a few times but at the moment Momondo was been cheaper with Pricebeattravel.com.au offering the cheapest flights atm.

What I usually do is search dates through Momondo then go to the booking site with the cheapest fares then go to Flight Centre show them the fares advertised by the booking agent and they will beat it by $1 and you're booking through FC not some booking agent.  If FC cant reserve a seat on the day then I would log onto the Thai air site 24hrs before the flight departure time and reserve a seat then. I've saved heaps by doing this.

www.momondo.com.au

I agree with your tactic and have done many times, u also save on internet charges, however I don’t do it this way anymore because I dont want to support Flight Centre as I would rather support the cheaper sellers to keep them in business 

• 5 months later...

Bestjet are in trouble, gone into administration. https://finance.nine.com.au/2018/12/19/16/19/bestjet-budget-airfare-website-collapses. I hope this does not fuck up any BMs travel.

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Oh bugga...had to have a look, but I booked via Byojet...phew...but anyway my two trips are ~ 6 months away but have E-tickets for both trips plus all the Kris stuff on Singapore Airlines...

Wish good luck for anyone who may be caught up in any dilemma with Bestjet...

I have booked with Bestjet through https://www.skyscanner.com.au  for my last 8 trips, always had the lowest price and would always beat Fly365.com, BYOjet, Aunt Betty etc

Australian travellers may be left stranded over Christmas after budget airfare company Bestjet collapsed.

The Queensland-based company’s website collapsed just six weeks after changing hands, the Courier-Mail reports.

“The owners of Bestjet can confirm that the business has appointed Nigel Markey and Bradley Hellen of Pilot Partners as the voluntary administrators of the Company and its subsidiaries, Wynyard Travel Pty Ltd and Brooklyn Travel Pty Ltd,” a statement said.

“Tickets issued to customers who have booked and paid through Bestjet will be honoured by the relevant airlines.”

Customers who have not received their ticket have been advised to contact their financial institution or travel insurer.

Bestjet’s website is currently offline, with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) listing its status as under “external administration”.

The budget airline was sold to McVicker Investment Group six weeks ago.

“We have a global vision and are excited about the future of Bestjet under the McVicker Investment Group Portfolio,” Robert McVicker Sr told Travel Bulletin.

“I see great opportunities to employ additional staff members within the company to expand the business further.”
The budget travel company was set up by Rachel James, the wife of disgraced former Air Australia boss, Michael James, shortly after the collapse of the airline in 2012.

f96ff3463be9a0856268f235243ae51e?width=6

According to Fairfax Media, Bestjet lost its travel agency accreditation earlier this year after failing to show Mr James had no involvement in the company.

The company has since been accused of misleading behaviour, including cancelling reservations and asking for more money for new flights.

Mr McVicker Jr said new ownership plans had not worked out.

“Since we acquired Bestjet in November, we have worked with the former owners to improve the business and customer service experience,” he said.

“Representations made to the company failed to materialise and, unfortunately, we have been left with no choice but to place the business into voluntary administration to determine the best course of action for customers and suppliers, and to see whether Bestjet can continue to trade.

“As the business is now under the control of the Administrators, the owners of Bestjet are not in a position to make further comment.”

Links.....https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/australian-travellers-may-be-left-stranded-over-christmas-after-budget-airfare-company-bestjet-collapsed/news-story/6b021f991c315ae1c115a2f0675d194e

https://finance.nine.com.au/2018/12/19/16/19/bestjet-budget-airfare-website-collapses

G

My youtube channel .....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxoT31MMwxjrLmj6um_BnlA

2 Weeks in Jomtien trip report, photo heavy and videos.....  http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307477-big-g-returns-2-weeks-in-november-photo-heavy-and-some-videos/

First trip report,more then 500 images.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/177415-small-trip-reportbut-heaps-of-photos500-plus/

I avoid booking through these agents but use their cheap prices for price matching with reputable agents like Flight Centre (FC) or Student Flights (SF).

FC now add $50 booking fee to the price which is a form of insurance for you if you find a cheaper price after your purchase and they will refund you that amount. 

With SF they will match the cheapest price you can find on the day of booking without the booking fee.

Just now, barmatt said:

I avoid booking through these agents but use their cheap prices for price matching with reputable agents like Flight Centre (FC) or Student Flights (SF).

FC now add $50 booking fee to the price which is a form of insurance for you if you find a cheaper price after your purchase and they will refund you that amount. 

With SF they will match the cheapest price you can find on the day of booking without the booking fee.

Do they still do this? The last time I went in to do it (about 6 months ago) they said they were going to stop price matching

12 Pints in Know it all

Just now, Mr Wombat said:

Do they still do this? The last time I went in to do it (about 6 months ago) they said they were going to stop price matching

I booked my last flight through SF in June and they matched the price from internet agent, dont recall who it was.

FC will match + $50 booking fee which is a form of insurance if the price of fare does drop they will refund you the difference....but you have to make them aware of it..

Archived