Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cheap flights Oz to Bkk

gazzamac1963

some great prices at the moment on Philippines Airlines, just booked mine $692,  30th june till 9th july,  with Aunt Betty, flown with them before ( not the best) but the price is good.

maybe something to do with Boracay  island being closed for a while not sure, 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some great prices at the moment on Philippines Airlines, just booked mine $692, 

Just had a quick look cos I thought $692 that's not that great...

Search of Skyscanner shows direct flights on QF, TG an EK of $1000, $1100, $1200...WTF !?!?!

On the plus side, booking Thai air direct was only $800... 🤪🤪

school hols here in brissie at these dates, yeah looked on skyscanner also but prices usually $1000+ when you finally get to book it, cheapest I could get  on emirates  website was just under $900

• 2 weeks later...

On the Thai Airlines website, a special deal travelling before Oct 31 Brisbane - BKK $735.

image.png

On 4/19/2018 at 19:19, OoJohnnyoO said:

Just had a quick look cos I thought $692 that's not that great...

Search of Skyscanner shows direct flights on QF, TG an EK of $1000, $1100, $1200...WTF !?!?!

On the plus side, booking Thai air direct was only $800...

Does QF fly direct Melb to BKK again ? dont think EK ever has. Only TG and JS do these days to my knowledge

Does QF fly direct Melb to BKK again ? dont think EK ever has. Only TG and JS do these days to my knowledge
Oops, should've said my search was SYD-BKK...

53 minutes ago, Jebb said:

On the Thai Airlines website, a special deal travelling before Oct 31 Brisbane - BKK $735.

Just tried to book on the Thai Airlines website OCT 15 depart Bis return early Nov. Best fare is 862. Is that still a good fare for Bris with Thai??

www.sugarcanemafia.com

19 minutes ago, froddo said:

Just tried to book on the Thai Airlines website OCT 15 depart Bis return early Nov. Best fare is 862. Is that still a good fare for Bris with Thai??

I think it is still a good fare from Bris.  The most I've paid for direct flights with Thai Airlines is $1100.  The cheapest I've paid with them is $635.  I usually book several months in advance.

1 minute ago, Mognam said:

I think it is still a good fare from Bris.  The most I've paid for direct flights with Thai Airlines is $1100.  The cheapest I've paid with them is $635.  I usually book several months in advance.

Thanks mate. Having back issues so prefer a direct flight rather than hunt for a cheap flight

www.sugarcanemafia.com

3 hours ago, froddo said:

That is about normal.

image.png

1 hour ago, Khun Ling said:

Does Qantas fly direct Melb to BKK again ? don't think EK ever has. Only ThaiAir and Jetstar do these days to my knowledge

This is correct. Only ThaiAir and Jetstar have direct non-stop services.

Alternatives include AirAsia with layover at Kuala Lumpur and Scoot with layover in Singapore. Of course, these involve a longer trip.

On Wednesday this week I booked ThaiAir Melbourne - Bangkok - Chiang Mai return, departing  Wed 23 May, returning Tuesday 12 June. I checked the ThaiAir web site but found lower prices for the same flights on:

https://www.skyscanner.com.au   $A743 (18,575 THB).

This was only $9 (175THB) more than BKK return, so the BKK - Chiang Mai return was a bargain add-on!

The budget carriers do advertise cheap fares but the price on the first screen on their web sites is not the full story: extras for baggage, meal, entertainment, seat selection, pay by credit card etc. The bottom line may not be much different to a full service carrier.

I save my airline reward points; when I have enough I use them to upgrade from economy to business on an overnight flight.

Roll on 23 May!

IF you can book ahead you can save hundreds of $$$$.  My next trip MEL-BKK only $290 RETURN with Jetstar.  Been 20 times never paid more than $360 RETURN but always booked when on special and in advance.  Note I don't work for Jetstar but do enjoy the low fares !.

2 hours ago, bwnrnr said:

IF you can book ahead you can save hundreds of $$$$.  My next trip MEL-BKK only $290 RETURN with Jetstar.  Been 20 times never paid more than $360 RETURN but always booked when on special and in advance.  Note I don't work for Jetstar but do enjoy the low fares !.

Great price but are these direct flights?  I would rather paid several hundred more for a direct flight if it is not the case.

6 hours ago, froddo said:

$860 Syd-Bkk-Syd looks a pretty stable price on the Thai Airlines website in my experience including for a trip ticketed for July.

I look at Skyscanner but prefer to book direct with an airline.

Got an excellent fare late last year with Emirates for travel in February this year $600 and $30 extra for selecting the seat I preferred. That outward leg was code share on a QF flight.

It was still a good fare.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

7 hours ago, Jebb said:

I saw some of those specials by Thai Airways but most seem to be for two passengers.

Not that helpful, for me anyway.  :)

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

29 minutes ago, Zeb said:

I saw some of those specials by Thai Airways but most seem to be for two passengers.

Ideal for boingo tho:Hug1::Hug1:

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Adelaide - Bangkok return with Malaysia airlines was $650 return

4 hours ago, Mognam said:

Great price but are these direct flights?  I would rather paid several hundred more for a direct flight if it is not the case.

Check the Jetstar timetable for flights from your city to Bangkok. 

From Melbourne some flights are via Singapore, while others are non-stop.

From Melbourne Jetstar also fly direct to and from Phuket.

http://www.jetstar.com is the source for more details. 

10 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

Check the Jetstar timetable for flights from your city to Bangkok. 

From Melbourne some flights are via Singapore, while others are non-stop.

From Melbourne Jetstar also fly direct to and from Phuket.

http://www.jetstar.com is the source for more details. 

Thai Airways is the only one that does direct flights from Brisbane to Bangkok.  I personally would rather pay $200-400 more for the direct flight.  The best you can get with Jetstar from here is to fly to Melbourne, then direct from Melbourne.  Doing that would make me feel like I was going backwards at the start of the trip.

If Jetstar did do direct from Brisbane I certainly would consider flying with them.

9 hours ago, Mognam said:

Thai Airways is the only one that does direct flights from Brisbane to Bangkok.  I personally would rather pay $200-400 more for the direct flight.  The best you can get with Jetstar from here is to fly to Melbourne, then direct from Melbourne.  Doing that would make me feel like I was going backwards at the start of the trip.

If you flew Jetstar to Melbourne and then Jetstar to BKK, would not the extra cost for the Brisbane-Melbourne flight more than wipe out the saving compared with full-service ThaiAir direct from Brisbane to Bangkok i.e. ThaiAir direct is price competitive with budget carrier Jetstar on a roundabout route?
Certainly ThaiAir is a lot quicker, being direct. The saving of several tedious hours of travel and hang-around at airports is worth quite a bit.

It is usually cheaper to do Jetstar Brisbane - Melbourne - Bangkok than with Thai Airways Brisbane - Bangkok direct.  Sometimes a couple of hundred dollars cheaper although this is not always the case.  But in the end of the day I still prefer to pay more and do a direct flight.

On 28/04/2018 at 18:00, ajgrant63 said:

Adelaide - Bangkok return with Malaysia airlines was $650 return

that’s cheap,i fly out of adelaide,looking for late june flights

Archived