IGNORED

Cheap flights Oz to Bkk

gazzamac1963

On 4/28/2018 at 18:00, ajgrant63 said:

Adelaide - Bangkok return with Malaysia airlines was $650 return

Air China Southern for some times is $600 return - but do not use them because of the big dogleg to China and long wait there on connecting flight...

Hope the Google ITA site loads from here because its bloody amazing - on the right of the first page it shows the tweaks you are able to do while searching - cannot book a flight here - but I saw what I wanted and went direct to the airline and booked there - no agent

Matrix - ITA Software by Google.html

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, bryso said:

that’s cheap,i fly out of adelaide,looking for late june flights

I booked directly with the airline. Tweak your days as leaving a day late or early and doing the same on the return can sometimes save &100’s. I’ve travelled Malaysian Airlines a lot. Foods ok. Legroom is ok (but I’m only 5’8”) and as much alcohol as u like.  30 kg checked baggage and 7kg hand luggage. I take my golf clubs and a small bag.  

I recommend them.  I’m flying June 5 returning June 14

Nothing matches Jetstar, MEL to BKK if you can book in advance. Direct, decent seat, 7kg. (that is it, full stop!).

Scoot from Gold Coast similar but Singapore stop over.

Be warned that now your carry on will be weighed at check in, 7kg means 7.9kg max.

Best advice is from SYD travel to airport with Opal card with $2.50 balance, gets you onto train, off at SYD, balance shows -$18.

Wooh hooh, feel good, do it 15 x and will even out Oz greed for TG's visa.  Nothing cheap from SYD.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bryso said:

just booked return to bkk via Manila with philippines airlines 

$690 return

from where???

30 minutes ago, bryso said:

melbourne

fly june 30-aug 14

That's a long trip, guess you have some Manilla in there as it's over "the 30 days Thai don't need visa", unless of course you have a longer visa...Enjoy

On 4/28/2018 at 09:16, froddo said:

Just tried to book on the Thai Airlines website OCT 15 depart Bis return early Nov. Best fare is 862. Is that still a good fare for Bris with Thai??

when booking with expedia you don't have card or booking fees where as if booking with thai airlines or  singapore , jetstar ect they charge you about $30 card fee plus to exchange to their currency

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled the trigger this morning at 862.02 for Thai direct BNE - BKK - BNE for travel Oct - Nov. Looked at a few different dates & noticed Thai had very limited seats left at that price on some days so I guess the prices will go up once the cheap seats are sold out.

Booked my domestic return trip to BrisVegas with Virgin points to keep cost down a bit

www.sugarcanemafia.com

I booked on Monday, flying MAS in mid September, Syd - KL - BKK for $690 with the option to bid on business class upgrade. 

Just need to do this one flight on MAS to have enough miles for free upgrade next trip, then maybe it’s time to start flying direct. 

Thai Airways had some Syd-BKK-Syd fares the other day around AUD $800 with travel on both sectors on Sundays for the July August period.

A bit cheaper then the usual $860.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

I've been using Jetstar to Melbourne for around $AUD600 all up regularly as well as Scoop and Air Asia to and from the Gold Coast where I have family for around $AUD350 all up(much cheaper for any airline to Brisbane and I get a hire car or train to Brisbane from the Gold Coast to save heaps). I say 'all up' because you have to add luggage, seating and meals. Of course these three airlines are 'discount' airlines so the service levels and extras maybe below the mainstream airlines but for a 9 hour journey it really doesn't matter.

17 hours ago, anglesea said:

I've been using Jetstar to Melbourne for around $AUD600 all up regularly as well as Scoop and Air Asia to and from the Gold Coast where I have family for around $AUD350 all up(much cheaper for any airline to Brisbane and I get a hire car or train to Brisbane from the Gold Coast to save heaps). I say 'all up' because you have to add luggage, seating and meals. Of course these three airlines are 'discount' airlines so the service levels and extras maybe below the mainstream airlines but for a 9 hour journey it really doesn't matter.

are the air asia and scoop from gold coast direct to bkk?

21 hours ago, froddo said:

Pulled the trigger this morning at 862.02 for Thai direct BNE - BKK - BNE for travel Oct - Nov. Looked at a few different dates & noticed Thai had very limited seats left at that price on some days so I guess the prices will go up once the cheap seats are sold out.

Booked my domestic return trip to BrisVegas with Virgin points to keep cost down a bit

Just about time for me to book my Thai Air flights October,  I fly out of Brissy too. 

1 hour ago, Captain Courageous said:

Just about time for me to book my Thai Air flights October,  I fly out of Brissy too. 

So do we and for our January trip we are looking at over $1200.

10 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

I got onto the Thai Air site this morning and booked my return flight (direct Brissy to BKK) for AUS $862.0 ,  I'm always surprised at how quickly those flights book out months before the time.  

4 hours ago, Mognam said:

AA via KL Scoot via SING

www.sugarcanemafia.com

6 minutes ago, froddo said:

AA via KL Scoot via SING

Fuck that mate, when I board the aircraft  I want to know I'm landing in Suvvy airport BKK on a direct flight, and I'm happy to pay the extra bucks to do so.

I used to use them but my back gets crook so direct makes it easier.

www.sugarcanemafia.com

55 minutes ago, froddo said:

I used to use them but my back gets crook so direct makes it easier.

Yeah, Im only in the seat a couple of hours then I have walk around some, direct flights are the only way to fly for me nowadays.

Per person? Fuck that for a joke.

Next trip most likely February so had a quick look. Thai air SYD-BKK $755 not too shabby...

8 minutes ago, OoJohnnyoO said:

Per person? Fuck that for a joke.

Next trip most likely February so had a quick look. Thai air SYD-BKK $755 not too shabby...

Yes per person.

No longer interested in doing non-direct flights so will have to pay this price. I might leave it another couple of months to book the flights.

On 20/05/2018 at 19:52, Barhop said:

That's a long trip, guess you have some Manilla in there as it's over "the 30 days Thai don't need visa", unless of course you have a longer visa...Enjoy

i’ve got a separate Philippines and vietnam flights within those dates so don’t need a visa,i’ll never be in thailand for more than 30 days

On 6/2/2018 at 06:59, Mognam said:

Yes. Some to Don Muang as well.

I booked last week for February, Thai airlines direct flight Sud-BKK, I paid $692. Today I see the fair had gone down again! 

BCDF36EF-22FE-4EE9-B5C1-DB0BCEAAAA6C.png

Archived