IGNORED

Swampy fast track service, yes or no?

jayjo

There is another immigration station about 200 yards from the first one. I’ve used it many times, never a wait.  I hate waiting in lines, and although I still have wait for my luggage, I can at least walk around and keep moving

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t understand people who travel for 18/24/36 hours to get to Bangkok and then spend time/money/mental resources on trying to get to Pattaya 10 minutes quicker than us sheeple. I know, it’s me.

3 minutes ago, Gone-east said:

I don’t understand people who travel for 18/24/36 hours to get to Bangkok and then spend time/money/mental resources on trying to get to Pattaya 10 minutes quicker than us sheeple. I know, it’s me.

Bang on mate, the only real reason would be for elderly/disabled but I mean.. If you want to spend your hard earned money that is 100% your choice.

I did a trip in June and September last year and just got back from my Feb trip this year, it never took more than 10-15 mins to get through customs. At times the bag took longer to pop out

So personally I can’t see the benefit of the fast track service. 

When you have spent time in a queue packed with Chinese who haven't filled in their forms correctly and are pushing in fast track makes lots of sense even if you need to wait for your bags to come out. The girls are usually cute and chatty as well which is a bonus. 

It all comes down to when you arrive.

If you run into Chinese and Indian tour groups you want Fast track. I have seen the tail end of both.

Been lucky never to run right into them :-)

Last year I landed at 5 am and will do the same this year and it took 15 min to get through so hoping it will be the same this year.

I love Bare Breasts and Cunt In Pattaya - ℹ️ 😍 🥧

i land either at around 18 00 or around 20. 00. i get a fast track card as a freq flyer. i think i've used around 2 of the last 16/20 arrivals and given the rest away

If it’s included in my ticket price then I avail myself, if not then I can wait a little longer to hit my first place!

• 4 weeks later...

As others have said it's a bit of a lottery what immigration will be like when you land. I've had it both ways, packed out and empty. I do fly with checked luggage but this time I am seriously considering the golf cart just because I have an arthritic knee which after hours on the plane seizes up and is painful. So for me the advantage would be not having the potentiality  long walk from the gate to the arrivals hall.

But that said I don't know if I can justify spending the same money for a couple of hundred yards on the cart as I do for my taxi to Pattaya :ThumbDown1:

I guess it depends on what value you place on your time.

I used FT last trip & very glad I did - I was very tired after the flight & there were probably over 200 people queued at immigration. With FT walked straight through to the police checking, then they guided me to bag collection & then to my driver pickup area. Probably no more than 15 min from disembarking I was with my driver & that was with checked luggage (Which they found for me).

They also made sure I sorted the SIM for my phone before I left - well worth it for me.

• 2 months later...

Where is the other Immigration Station in relation to the main one please guys?

5 minutes ago, bobbyg said:

you can approach from either side depending which gate your plane docks at. if the first one you see is packed keep going and you should run into the next one.

as to the original fast track cards................

5b1eb145bf665_june1009(Custom).JPG.e6a19a37fe1de8660f3ed4616b29502d.JPG

when i landed june 1st i was given a new type...................

5b1eb17542c09_june1007(Custom).JPG.571ff628faf30c285b60d97d24135c70.JPG

looking at the pile at fast track.............. which i used for once as it was busier than usual................. both were being accepted but sooner or later only the new type will do

13 minutes ago, bobbyg said:

I think most of us seem to land at E, F or G gates - so we turn left to enter the Immigration area. The first one we get to is usually the busier.

If you walk on a little further then you get to the other Immigration area which is usually less busy. It’s closer to A, B and C gates. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 minute ago, davidge said:

I think most of us seem to land at E, F or G gates - so we turn left to enter the Immigration area. The first one we get to is usually the busier.

If you walk on a little further then you get to the other Immigration area which is usually less busy. It’s closer to A, B and C gates. 

Cheers Davidge. Much appreciated

I usually arrive at Swampy at around the same time and there are always queues at Immigration.  And I just got bored of queuing so before the last time I flew to Swampy I booked a Fast Track.  And I was really pleased to get through immigration very quickly.  Yes I still had to wait for my suitcase but the money I spent was well worth it.   After a long trip it was great not having to queue at immigration.

I will now always book Fast track

"When you reach 70 you can use the fast track area for free."

GF is a lot younger than my 72, but she always comes thru the priority lane with me. 3 times a year with no problem. There is also a priority lane for over 70's outbound as well. 

5 hours ago, blue1878 said:

I usually arrive at Swampy at around the same time and there are always queues at Immigration.  And I just got bored of queuing so before the last time I flew to Swampy I booked a Fast Track.  And I was really pleased to get through immigration very quickly.  Yes I still had to wait for my suitcase but the money I spent was well worth it.   After a long trip it was great not having to queue at immigration.

I will now always book Fast track

which card was used? the old one or the new blue one?

11 minutes ago, striderman said:

which card was used? the old one or the new blue one?

None

I booked online with BFS and was met by a nice young lady has i got of the plane

On 2/22/2018 at 08:47, Pinoydave said:

If you've only got hand luggage it would be worth it

if you're going to be waiting for your luggage what's the point 

I usually beat the rest of my aircraft...even with luggage.

Depends on if your flight is near a 'push' or not...or if storms kept a bunch of flights away until YOUR arrival time...just depends

IYKYK

I used fast track for the 1st time last xmas and i will certainly use it on my next trip, i booked through these guys, https://www.limousine.in.th/fast-track-immigration.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwpIjZBRBsEiwA0TN1r7SWsAgcRL_4NrfG1yzSp--iz_ZGFb8JXRb15cZn939gH4JElhPLzRoC7nAQAvD_BwE

the limo hire was a bit more expensive than hiring Nams taxi, but all up  the fast track plus limo was 2550baht.

5b2239c8657e2_Capture.JPG1.JPG.2308559631140cba70e21ffc05308da2.JPG

Many Business/First Class tickets have the Priority Pass included in the flight.

Pro Traveler Tip: If you are flying 'economy' and your landing time is delayed, politely tell the cabin crew that you have an important meeting/client/connection to make, and would they make available to you one of the Priority Passes they carry on board. I have used this 'line' a few times and always had a positive response.

17 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Many Business/First Class tickets have the Priority Pass included in the flight.

Pro Traveler Tip: If you are flying 'economy' and your landing time is delayed, politely tell the cabin crew that you have an important meeting/client/connection to make, and would they make available to you one of the Priority Passes they carry on board. I have used this 'line' a few times and always had a positive response.

I'm almost tempted to try this myself the next time I fly to Thailand but I think I'll stick with booking a Fast track online.  And by doing this I will also get to having an attractive young thai waiting for me as I get off the plane and then walking with me to immigration

Just now, blue1878 said:

I'm almost tempted to try this myself the next time I fly to Thailand but I think I'll stick with booking a Fast track online.  And by doing this I will also get to having an attractive young thai waiting for me as I get off the plane and then walking with me to immigration

Note, this only works if the aircraft is behind schedule. Most flights are on time, so it can only be used in exceptional circumstances.

Archived