Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Do Thai Bar Girls Really Prefer Thai Men?

Of course Thai women like Thai men. When you are referring to Thai women who have entered the Farang orientated P4P scene in places like Pattaya the situation can get more complicated though.

A high percentage of girls in the P4P scene do have Thai boyfriends and I can think of quite a few reasons why this might happen. I really clicked with a nude dancer in peppermint one night. I'd been to her home town (a tiny place in the arse end of nowhere) before and she really opened up to me. I wanted to take her LT but she was very honest and said that if she wasn't back by 4 AM her Thai boyfriend would beat her. I pointed out what I considered to be the 5 best looking girls in the Go Go bar and she told me that all 5 had Thai boyfriends. I have alway noticed that a higher percentage of the Go Go girls tend to have Thai boyfriends, and also a higher percentage of the stunners. One negative explanation for this is that to a Thai man in a place like Pattaya his earning potential is going to be a lot less than that of an attractive young woman. If he can get himself into a relationship with a cute Go Go dancer it's likely to be a lot more profitable than virtually any job he is likely to get.

Of course there is more to it than that and the obvious question is what do the girls get out of the deal? Although they meet a lot of western guys and probably genuinely like some of them the relationships tend to be of a very transient nature as the men are usually on holiday and only likely to be there for a few weeks. Having a Thai boyfriend might provide them with a feeling of stability; the farangs come and go but the Thais are always there. Another thing is communication, most farangs cannot be expected to understand her background and culture that well and would find it hard to relate to the typical Thai view on a lot of issues. Another advantage to a Thai guy as a boyfriend is language, very few TG's speak English and fewer farangs speak Thai well enough for really deep communication between them. Obviously, with a Thai man this is not an issue. I have also detected a strong sense of mutual cause in these Thai couples, a sense that they have traveled form some small town or other and are in the process of making their way together and surviving in a totally contrasting place like Pattaya.

For a lot of Thai women it goes the other way. A typical scenario is that of a TG who has a child by a Thai man at an early age and the Thai man leaves and does not accept responsibility for the child. Often they will then develop a hatred of Thai men and stereotype them as lazy and irresponsible. There also exists the fact that once it has become known that a woman has worked in the P4P scene she is then seen by the Thai men in her home town as damaged goods, her social value is lowered and the local men would not consider taking one of these girls as their wife. So in some ways once they have crossed that threshold of going with foreigners for cash there is no turning back. Quite often these women will eventually take the path of marrying a foreigner thereby bypassing any repercussions from her involvment in the P4P scene and elevating herself financially at the same time. Another factor is that some foreigners don't seem to mind marrying a TG even if she has a child from a previous relationship

In short I think that they develop a preference based on their own situation. My experience has been that it is the younger BG's who are more likely to have Thai boyfriends. At first the farangs that a BG meets will probably all seem quite scary to her. After time she will get used to them and then she might even start to prefer them. From a financial point of view it's usually, but not always, a no brainer. I realise that I have had to generalise a bit but there's no other way to express the patterns I have noticed over the years.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr.Winston

• Esco

• lincslad

• MickyBangBang

I think it is more basic. Girls want to be with someone they can talk with, share same customs, food, holidays. Birds of a feather so to speak.

Daylight was something God made so that life was not one endless party.

Nutosf

I think it is more basic. Girls want to be with someone they can talk with, share same customs, food, holidays. Birds of a feather so to speak.

I thought I'd covered that :Whistle:

I think if a given the choice between either;

1. Young, handsome and wealthy Thai man.

Or

2. Young, handsome and wealthy Farang.

I think the vast majority of Thai women would pick number 1. IMO

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers... make sure you hands are clean!”. Bob Marley.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Or

I agree. Young handsome and rich Thai men must be having a real party! lucky for us they're not that thick on the ground or the scene that we all love in Pattaya would collapse on itself.

Or

Ever been to the Bangkok club scene? Number 2 definitely seems to be a winner there. Might be a difference between the preference of BGs and non-p4p girls though.

In my experience, lots of Japanese girls really would love a gaikokujin husband. But language and culture are sticking points. They Desire a man who is not a slave to the company and will help out with kids and housework. More and more men are learning this but the power of the company is very strong with regard to overtime work, lame vacation schedules, and the duty to go out with the boss or superiors.

Obviously in Japan, economic issues are not really a concern.

bolly

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

Ever been to the Bangkok club scene? Number 2 definitely seems to be a winner there. Might be a difference between the preference of BGs and non-p4p girls though.

No, I normally get out of Bangkok as fast as I can. I'm just saying that if all things were equal, then it's only natural for them to stick with their own. For the non P4P girls I'd imagine that they see Farang to be exotic and a bit of a novelty.

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers... make sure you hands are clean!”. Bob Marley.

CountdownClockCodes.com

In my experience, lots of Japanese girls really would love a gaikokujin husband. But language and culture are sticking points. They desire a man who is not a slave to the company and will help out with kids and housework. More and more men are learning this but the power of the company is very strong with regard to overtime work, lame vacation schedules, and the duty to go out with the boss or superiors.

Obviously in Japan, economic issues are not really a concern.

bolly

Thanks for the insight. I've always had this thing about Japanese women, next time I meet an attractive one I'll be sure to play down my work life.

Or

I agree too, but I bet that Thai men would prefer a pretty farang lady over a Thai lady!! What you think? I could be wrong, but I have met alot of Thai guys and Filipinos and they adore farang ladies......fudge knows why!! :Whistle:

Sorry to divert slightly! 555

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F8soolsiIOo&...feature=related

2 All beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

I agree too, but I bet that Thai men would prefer a pretty farang lady over a Thai lady!! What you think? I could be wrong, but I have met alot of Thai guys and Filipinos and they adore farang ladies......fudge knows why!! :Whistle:

I agree, but would a Thai man liking a Farang woman just be a kind of fetish?

CountdownClockCodes.com

I know what you mean esco.... The Uni girls in BKK are Farang obsessed. Last year I spent a lot of time in BKK with a Uni chic, boned her a few times, then cut it off and remained friends. She and all her friends (that we would go out with, even after I boned her) would not touch a thai man. They all wanted Farangs. But that is only speaking of the ones I know.

Dr. oboogie - great read. Very good insight, I have been to numerous go-gos and the some of the top girls that I have bought countless drinks for, would only ever go short time. One did confess to having a Thai Boyfriend.

Both ESCO and Dr. Winston O'Boogie have made very good statements.

Edited by bigjimslay

I know what you mean esco.... The Uni girls in BKK are Farang obsessed. Last year I spent a lot of time in BKK with a Uni chic, boned her a few times, then cut it off and remained friends. She and all her friends (that we would go out with, even after I boned her) would not touch a thai man. They all wanted Farangs. But that is only speaking of the ones I know.

Well I guess it must be true since all I know are exactly the same. They look down on most Thai men and the ones they do hang around with are mostly gay. They all love to party and hang around with farangs.

Two of my exes said that they didnt want a Thai man for different reasons. The first was abandoned by her dad and left alone with her mom. Thats why she'll never go with a Thai man anymore. The other one just has a thing for skinny white guys...

Its not just the money that we are good for we are actually liked for different reasons as well. But once again I am talking about regular girls and not Thai Bgs, although I can imagine they are somewhat similar.

No, I normally get out of Bangkok as fast as I can. I'm just saying that if all things were equal, then it's only natural for them to stick with their own. For the non P4P girls I'd imagine that they see Farang to be exotic and a bit of a novelty.

You should stick around for a few days sometime. Its well worth it imo

I agree too, but I bet that Thai men would prefer a pretty farang lady over a Thai lady!! What you think? I could be wrong, but I have met alot of Thai guys and Filipinos and they adore farang ladies......fudge knows why!! :ThankGod1:

I think that you have a good point there. A lot of oriental guys do view farang women as exotic as we often do Thai women (well they are :D )

I agree. Young handsome and rich Thai men must be having a real party! lucky for us they're not that thick on the ground or the scene that we all love in Pattaya would collapse on itself.

I don't think it would make any difference Doc, I reckon the rich Thai guys are more interested in a different type of girl than the ones you find in Patts. Depends at what we are looking at here, as for a wife or GF then a rich Thai guy is going to want a girl from a class that also acts as a status symbol that he can show off to his friends and business colleagues. Also a girl that his family are going to accept as well. I know they have giks but they have the money to be fussy.

Thats where we usually step in, we can give the girls from poor regions a chance to find someone who can give them a better future as most farang guys are content that they've just got a Thai missus and oblivious to the status factor that other Thais are well aware of.I'm not been rotten but the amount of times Thai guys have asked me if I have a Thai wife and ask if she is from Isaan. My missus is BKK born and bred and they always seem genuinely surprised at this. Its always an assumption that they make about us. Taking this into consideration there will always be enough girls in Patts even if there was shit loads of rich Thai guys about. I reckon given the choice, that most girls in Patts don't have, they would opt for the rich Thai guy.

I don't think it would make any difference Doc, I reckon the rich Thai guys are more interested in a different type of girl than the ones you find in Patts. Depends at what we are looking at here, as for a wife or GF then a rich Thai guy is going to want a girl from a class that also acts as a status symbol that he can show off to his friends and business colleagues. Also a girl that his family are going to accept as well. I know they have giks but they have the money to be fussy.

Thats where we usually step in, we can give the girls from poor regions a chance to find someone who can give them a better future as most farang guys are content that they've just got a Thai missus and oblivious to the status factor that other Thais are well aware of.I'm not been rotten but the amount of times Thai guys have asked me if I have a Thai wife and ask if she is from Isaan. My missus is BKK born and bred and they always seem genuinely surprised at this. Its always an assumption that they make about us. Taking this into consideration there will always be enough girls in Patts even if there was shit loads of rich Thai guys about. I reckon given the choice, that most girls in Patts don't have, they would opt for the rich Thai guy.

Some great points there Linsclad (BTW is this your first ever serious post?). I was really tying to view it from the BG's perspective i.e. what do they prefer. Yes, you are right that rich Thais do tend to see themselves as an elite and generally don't like to mix with the commoners (at least not in public). I do still feel that if all else was equal (Rich, handsome etc) the BG's would prefer a Thai guy. of course whether or not the rich Thai guy would want them is another question, one that you have probably just answered.

Some great points there Linsclad (BTW is this your first ever serious post?). I was really tying to view it from the BG's perspective i.e. what do they prefer. Yes, you are right that rich Thais do tend to see themselves as an elite and generally don't like to mix with the commoners (at least not in public). I do still feel that if all else was equal (Rich, handsome etc) the BG's would prefer a Thai guy. of course whether or not the rich Thai guy would want them is another question, one that you have probably just answered.

:ThankGod1: I have wrote some serious posts but I find it extremely difficult not to fuck about. Its always been a problem ,in my work too, sometimes I work with Thais but they seem to enjoy my childish mentallity. I really do try to be serious but I'm constantly fighting a losing battle. My missus loves my humour which is probably the most important thing and she has a cracking dry/ sarcastic sense of humour as well . It does help when you live in a place like Thailand which I'm sure you're well aware of.

i think that a man trying to figure out what a woman thinks is equal to a monkey thinking about what a cat thinks... never will be able to figure it out.... :ThankGod1:

Just behind our house there are some half decent condo's, I know some farangs that live their too. I also know there is a lot of Thai girls living there that have rich married boyfriends. These guys pay everything, some of the girls even have new cars. These girls are real stunners and usually worked as hostesses at nearby Thai clubs ( not karaoki bars but expensive places ) . They often spend lots of time alone which allows some of the farangs to try and move in on them. Now what I found interesting was these girls really are not interested. One guy I know just coundn't understand it, he was used to spending time around touristy bar areas and been able to get such positive responses.

Even though other farangs that live there have Thai wives with cars etc this does not seem to entice them away from the Thai guy they wait around for. So yes I feel these girls would rather be with the Thai dude as first choice. Last Christmas one girl had been dropped by her Thai lover and she immediately asked to come round our place as we were having a party and she knew some farangs would be there, this in my opinion been a panic manoeuver and a second choice.

My understanding of the situation is that BG's /GGG's prefer Thai men the majority of the time. I think this is because no matter how hard a farang tries he will never understand the culture, and therefore the lady like a Thai man can. A lot of the time these girls have Thai BF's that treat them like absolute shit and they still go back to them no matter how bad they treat them. Even when they have sponsors and the opportunity to have so much more they will run back to the Thai BF.

I agree with your analysis of women in your last trip report Karl, that is that women like to go with the 'bad boys' because although a lot of the time they cause them heartache and pain, a woman would rather be feeling emotions such as jealousy and anger as opposed to being in a run of the mill relationship with a boring guy.

Although it is a bit of a stereotype on forums such as this that Thai men are invariably controlling with their women and violent at times, I think that it is on the whole true and because of this the lure of being with a farang (which have the reputation of being less violent and more affluent) is enough to make these girls want to have a relationship with one rather than being involved with a violent drunk.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

I agree too, but I bet that Thai men would prefer a pretty farang lady over a Thai lady!! What you think? I could be wrong, but I have met alot of Thai guys and Filipinos and they adore farang ladies......fudge knows why!! :Crappy:

Asian men may want to shag caucasian women, but that's where it generally ends. I have a lot of friends who are Asian males and I'd say the majority would not even consider marrying a non-Asian.

I also have a lot of Asian female friends. As the Doc had said, the women who favor farang often have issues toward Asian men. For example, a close friend of mine who's Chinese-American refuses to date Asians. She never specified why, but it's painfully clear the reason is her father. Long ago, he left his wife/my friend's mom for a younger woman. Women aren't very good with the concept of "forgive and forget." :sad:

You are correct, sir! We all tend to marry into our comfort zone but we all like to play with strange things.

Interesting read. :Crappy:

Same argument can go for Thai men preferring rich foreign, European women as a wife or girlfriend.

But I'm not sure what argument are you trying to pose? So is it a good thing if Thai BGs prefer Thai men or what?

Travel, Alcohol, Girls, Gym

w1370i.jpg

Interesting read. :Bump:

Same argument can go for Thai men preferring rich foreign, European women as a wife or girlfriend.

But I'm not sure what argument are you trying to pose? So is it a good thing if Thai BGs prefer Thai men or what?

I'm not trying to put any argument across. I just posted some observations and I'm interested in other thoughts and experiences on the subject.