Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Do Thai Bar Girls Really Prefer Thai Men?

Same goes for farang women, you don't see many at all with asian husbands/boyfriends.

I guess at the end of the day, women need communication and emotional support which they will find easier to get from someone from the same culture/background

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr.Winston

• Esco

• lincslad

• MickyBangBang

I wonder why this question seems to pop up with such regularity on Pattaya related web boards.

It is only natural that Thai girls and women should prefer Thai men. If that were not the case, the Thai race of people would soon come to an end.

Also, a person cannot prefer that which she has never known. To a Thai village girl, a foreigner must seem mysterious. He cannot speak her language and she does not understand him, except for the rudimentary English she had a t school and which was all wrong from the point of pronounciation.

The high divorce rate among young Thais is also a contributing factor. As young men regularly run away from girls they have made pregnant, the girls naturally lose respect for them. They don't trust easily again. They see foreigners as more stable providers - although that is surely not true in all cases - and as providing more financial security. These things would definitely not be true of foreign "mongers" or "punters" in Pattaya, for example, the majority of which is not looking for relationship lasting more than a few days, at the most.

The whole question of Thai men and Thai girls and foreigners is a highly complicated social issue and cannot meaningfully be boiled down to simple questions such as "do Thai girls prefer foreigners" without simplifying things too much.

A foreigner comes to Pattaya looking for bar girls.

He hears some of the girls say: "Me not like Thai men. Thai men no good."

Now, would these girls really be in the bar if they were able to have a lasting and meaningful relationship with a Thai man? In many cases they have had exactly such a relationship but it went bottom up when she had a child or children. Then she had to provide money as her parents raised the kids. She was uneducated so she ended up as a bar girl. So she can say with conviction that she does not like Thai men but that is a generalization based on her own failed marriage.

sinclair1969: a fuckin' degenerate gambler.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Of course Thai women like Thai men. When you are referring to Thai women who have entered the Farang orientated P4P scene in places like Pattaya the situation can get more complicated though.

A high percentage of girls in the P4P scene do have Thai boyfriends and I can think of quite a few reasons why this might happen. I really clicked with a nude dancer in peppermint one night. I'd been to her home town (a tiny place in the arse end of nowhere) before and she really opened up to me. I wanted to take her LT but she was very honest and said that if she wasn't back by 4 AM her Thai boyfriend would beat her. I pointed out what I considered to be the 5 best looking girls in the Go Go bar and she told me that all 5 had Thai boyfriends. I have alway noticed that a higher percentage of the Go Go girls tend to have Thai boyfriends, and also a higher percentage of the stunners. One negative explanation for this is that to a Thai man in a place like Pattaya his earning potential is going to be a lot less than that of an attractive young woman. If he can get himself into a relationship with a cute Go Go dancer it's likely to be a lot more profitable than virtually any job he is likely to get.

Of course there is more to it than that and the obvious question is what do the girls get out of the deal? Although they meet a lot of western guys and probably genuinely like some of them the relationships tend to be of a very transient nature as the men are usually on holiday and only likely to be there for a few weeks. Having a Thai boyfriend might provide them with a feeling of stability; the farangs come and go but the Thais are always there. Another thing is communication, most farangs cannot be expected to understand her background and culture that well and would find it hard to relate to the typical Thai view on a lot of issues. Another advantage to a Thai guy as a boyfriend is language, very few TG's speak English and fewer farangs speak Thai well enough for really deep communication between them. Obviously, with a Thai man this is not an issue. I have also detected a strong sense of mutual cause in these Thai couples, a sense that they have traveled form some small town or other and are in the process of making their way together and surviving in a totally contrasting place like Pattaya.

For a lot of Thai women it goes the other way. A typical scenario is that of a TG who has a child by a Thai man at an early age and the Thai man leaves and does not accept responsibility for the child. Often they will then develop a hatred of Thai men and stereotype them as lazy and irresponsible. There also exists the fact that once it has become known that a woman has worked in the P4P scene she is then seen by the Thai men in her home town as damaged goods, her social value is lowered and the local men would not consider taking one of these girls as their wife. So in some ways once they have crossed that threshold of going with foreigners for cash there is no turning back. Quite often these women will eventually take the path of marrying a foreigner thereby bypassing any repercussions from her involvment in the P4P scene and elevating herself financially at the same time. Another factor is that some foreigners don't seem to mind marrying a TG even if she has a child from a previous relationship

In short I think that they develop a preference based on their own situation. My experience has been that it is the younger BG's who are more likely to have Thai boyfriends. At first the farangs that a BG meets will probably all seem quite scary to her. After time she will get used to them and then she might even start to prefer them. From a financial point of view it's usually, but not always, a no brainer. I realise that I have had to generalise a bit but there's no other way to express the patterns I have noticed over the years.

great summary.

how would you go about knowing if a thai girl has a thai boyfriend?

for me, when I give the girl money, I really believe/hope that most of the money is going back home to help her family.

if i know that it is going to her thai boyfriend... i would definitely be less generous.

IMO it would be too easy to generalize the situation as posted in many comments. It isn't white or black (farang or thai). As mentioned in many previous posts it is also related to the history of the girls social experiences. But the largest group of Thai women working in P4P don't have or aren't looking for a thai boyfriend due to the fact that in their past relationships the Thai lady's are often victimised in these relations and end up with a child and debts with no support from the father (as most thai mens are ....all is said many previous times!!) So there is no alternative for her as working P4P. And first she won't be attracted to farangs but proceeding her carreer she quickly sees that we have our advantages of which she can benefits as her family! So the choice is easy for her!

These girls can go two ways: think economical and sane and stay the hell away from thai men. or spend their hard earned cash quickly on boyfriends who don't understand her at all (i read many times the opposite = not true) and don't care about thai culture or her feelings! These thai boyfriends just see these girls as easy earned sponsors (as posted also in previous posts!) who gives them the lazy ¨¨rich¨¨ life they are aiming on with the less possible work!!! Now i am generalizing but i have witnessed this situation numerous times in many different situations! THai men are just lazy cunts who don't know how to threat a lady at all!

Edited by themosch

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

During this last trip I took to Patts, I found out some information about a girl that works at Happy Go-Go!

I've been trying to get her to open up to me for about 5 months now. Towards the end of my trip, she came to my room for a

slow deep conversation with me.(it was slow because she didn't speak very good English)

After 30 minutes into our conversation, she broke down and told me that the reason she didn't do things with me or stay

with me for a long time was because she has a Thai boyfriend that works right there in Patts with her. It all started to

make sense once she told me that. I had a lot of respect for her after that. Now, we have decided to be very good friends.

I even had the opportunity to meet her son...what a little hyper kid he was, but cute though!

Good thread Dr. O. I liked how you broke it down!

• 4 weeks later...

It seems to me that the girls we meet in Pattaya are a different breed from most of the population. Some have had bad relationships and say that Thai men are bad. I would be willing to bet that if we spent more time with people from different areas, we would get a completely different story.

• 4 months later...

And then in Bangkok, if you've ever been to Thermae, these girls cater to mostly Japanese Men. Many refuse to "date" farang men unless they're really desperate and the rent is overdue!

I agree too, but I bet that Thai men would prefer a pretty farang lady over a Thai lady!! What you think? I could be wrong, but I have met alot of Thai guys and Filipinos and they adore farang ladies......fudge knows why!! :P

Sorry to divert slightly! 555

I'm filipino and there is no way I'd take a fat white ho over a thai or filipino ho!!! after 28 years of denial I must say that white aint right. but hey that's just me. I'm jaded after only ever having white aussie girlfriends.

Yes thai women prefer thai men.

And I assume most of the bar girls who are working in the bars are here to make money not to meet a farang boyfriend. Although getting sponsered is a bonus.

Louis Theroux did a short documentary on why english men prefer thai ladies as marriage material rather than the women back home, and was told because they still have the traditional nurturing sensibilities (caring for the man) that the western women seem to have lost.

Now in the documentary, both the guys that got married to these thai women eventually were later divorced.

Edited by dirtdiver

Watch out for scams in LOS !! The biggest one is, when you come to Thailand "your in pocket", when you leave you've been sucked dry!

:D

sigpicSIG5.jpg

Being from the states and the majority of my friends are Asian, 90 to 95% for them have Asian wives or GF. So, I would say yes, if they don't prefer Thai men, I think they would prefer Asian men first. I think it has to do with family, language, culture, etc. They are a good bunch of people, I love them to death.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to return to the Uni girls preferring farang guys.

When I was in the Navy, back at the end of Vietnam, I was stationed in San Diego. The young girls would cross the street to avoid passing a sailor on the sidewalk. I was actually spit at on several occasions. During that time, the Greek Navy was at the same base to take over some old diesel submarines that the US was selling them. The same girls that hated us American sailors were all over the Greek sailors. Why? It comes down to women, like men, are always attracted to the exotic. Girls want to talk with their friends about an "exciting" evening with a foreigner. The other aspect of this is it is totally safe, in that the Greek guy would go away and never cause her a problem. It was strictly a zipless f**k. That I grew up in the great white north, where every girl I knew was a tall blonde Scandinavian, is probably why I find Asian women so beautiful.

Once, at a Catholic wedding, when I was young and thin, and apparently somewhat good looking, I was hit on very hard by a Jewish girl that had been seated next to me at the reception. Her name was Randy, which I remember only because it was so appropriate. Later she explained to me why Jewish girls like a little from the non-kosher side of the buffet. The reason she gave was that she knew there was no chance of a future in it, so she could let herself be completely free, as she had no intention of a serious relationship. When she was ready to settle down she would look for a nice Jewish guy. This goes for all races and religions. Girls play with others, but marry the same, if they have the choice.

So, I would not take the Uni girls playing around with farang as an indication of a preference, but rather just normal human behavior during the play period prior to starting real life.

I have the body of a god! Budda is a god isn't he?

• 3 months later...

do you think they would consider someone outside thailand but still lives in south east asia say malayasia or cambodia or vietnam ?

would they still be referred as farang then ? i assume so right?

• 1 month later...

Ever been to the Bangkok club scene? Number 2 definitely seems to be a winner there. Might be a difference between the preference of BGs and non-p4p girls though.

That's pretty interesting. I spent some time clubbing with my mate in BKK when i was 28. We went to Q-bar and beds and such. I think i got as much attention in there as i did in beer bars and gogos haha.

Girls would walk up to me and ask me if i would like to come talk with her friend then point at some really nice looking girl. At first i was convinced they were hookers but it turned out they were studends and such and all spoke excellent english. And yeah i know there are working girls in those places also.

If you are young and handsome and looking for gfe its probably better to attend the regular club scene over the p4p scene. Sure its not a guaranteed fuck with the woman of your choice but then again you might get a real GF. One you can actually talk with at that.

There is a very clear stigma for Thai women seen in public with a white guy. How many women want to be perceived as hookers, do you think?

And how many guys that come to LOS are actually handsome and rich?

If you want to get some brownie points for being white, I think S. Korea, Japan, or even China are better places. LOS sucks in this respect - being white is a negative almost everywhere except dirt poor farming areas.

• 4 weeks later...

Of course Thai women like Thai men. When you are referring to Thai women who have entered the Farang orientated P4P scene in places like Pattaya the situation can get more complicated though.

A high percentage of girls in the P4P scene do have Thai boyfriends and I can think of quite a few reasons why this might happen. I really clicked with a nude dancer in peppermint one night. I'd been to her home town (a tiny place in the arse end of nowhere) before and she really opened up to me. I wanted to take her LT but she was very honest and said that if she wasn't back by 4 AM her Thai boyfriend would beat her. I pointed out what I considered to be the 5 best looking girls in the Go Go bar and she told me that all 5 had Thai boyfriends. I have alway noticed that a higher percentage of the Go Go girls tend to have Thai boyfriends, and also a higher percentage of the stunners. One negative explanation for this is that to a Thai man in a place like Pattaya his earning potential is going to be a lot less than that of an attractive young woman. If he can get himself into a relationship with a cute Go Go dancer it's likely to be a lot more profitable than virtually any job he is likely to get.

Of course there is more to it than that and the obvious question is what do the girls get out of the deal? Although they meet a lot of western guys and probably genuinely like some of them the relationships tend to be of a very transient nature as the men are usually on holiday and only likely to be there for a few weeks. Having a Thai boyfriend might provide them with a feeling of stability; the farangs come and go but the Thais are always there. Another thing is communication, most farangs cannot be expected to understand her background and culture that well and would find it hard to relate to the typical Thai view on a lot of issues. Another advantage to a Thai guy as a boyfriend is language, very few TG's speak English and fewer farangs speak Thai well enough for really deep communication between them. Obviously, with a Thai man this is not an issue. I have also detected a strong sense of mutual cause in these Thai couples, a sense that they have traveled form some small town or other and are in the process of making their way together and surviving in a totally contrasting place like Pattaya.

For a lot of Thai women it goes the other way. A typical scenario is that of a TG who has a child by a Thai man at an early age and the Thai man leaves and does not accept responsibility for the child. Often they will then develop a hatred of Thai men and stereotype them as lazy and irresponsible. There also exists the fact that once it has become known that a woman has worked in the P4P scene she is then seen by the Thai men in her home town as damaged goods, her social value is lowered and the local men would not consider taking one of these girls as their wife. So in some ways once they have crossed that threshold of going with foreigners for cash there is no turning back. Quite often these women will eventually take the path of marrying a foreigner thereby bypassing any repercussions from her involvment in the P4P scene and elevating herself financially at the same time. Another factor is that some foreigners don't seem to mind marrying a TG even if she has a child from a previous relationship

In short I think that they develop a preference based on their own situation. My experience has been that it is the younger BG's who are more likely to have Thai boyfriends. At first the farangs that a BG meets will probably all seem quite scary to her. After time she will get used to them and then she might even start to prefer them. From a financial point of view it's usually, but not always, a no brainer. I realise that I have had to generalise a bit but there's no other way to express the patterns I have noticed over the years.

My wife has allways put it this way...."Because they're stupid"! "gotta be" because "If they're happy with a Thai man -why are they in a bar or go-go in the first place"? Some married TG's we know in Blighty STILL send money back to a BF (husband?) even though they must work over here to do so.

Mrs Swagman(!) taps her head with her index finger & say's.."Just thai logic"

Now I strongly agree to everything you've written ...bar: "Local men would not consider taking one of these girls as their wife". To this I would suggest the reverse is very likely true for 2 reasons. (except middle class thai men in the professions of course)

1, A thai man would feel he's got one over the Falang who he often feels very inferior to by way of education, physical stature, wealth, travel. soicial mobility etc.

2, Often he will encourge her (beat her) to 'try out' or return to the P4P scene for the very high returns that he could never hope provide, & I'm sure you know that thai's are not chinese- who understand that making good money meens working long & hard

& lastly

3, They'er bloody women after all & we'll never understand them!!!!

When asked questions like this, I tend to switch it over to things I'm more familiar with.

Do British street walkers really prefer the pimp boyfriends that drop them off every night to the punters that pick them up?

Would the call girls prefer to settle down with the Saudi Arabian billionaire or the normal enough English guy?

In the first case, anything I've seen or read suggests they'll go back to the boyfriend nine times out of ten. Hating them, being beaten by them, being abandoned by them, they go back time and time again, or the break up with one and move on to another guy who's not that much different.

In the second, at the end of the day, no matter how much money the Saudi guy has, if she's quitting the business the girl probably doesn't want to deal with a shitheap of cultural difference and a foreign country, language and climate.

The same probably applies to the Thai girls.

Yes, they prefer Thai men.

When asked questions like this, I tend to switch it over to things I'm more familiar with.

Do British street walkers really prefer the pimp boyfriends that drop them off every night to the punters that pick them up?

Would the call girls prefer to settle down with the Saudi Arabian billionaire or the normal enough English guy?

In the first case, anything I've seen or read suggests they'll go back to the boyfriend nine times out of ten. Hating them, being beaten by them, being abandoned by them, they go back time and time again, or the break up with one and move on to another guy who's not that much different.

In the second, at the end of the day, no matter how much money the Saudi guy has, if she's quitting the business the girl probably doesn't want to deal with a shitheap of cultural difference and a foreign country, language and climate.

The same probably applies to the Thai girls.

Yes, they prefer Thai men.

Very well put across & I think that's right 80-90% of the time -but a few BG's do have enough upstairs to know when they're being shafted!. LOL

By TG standards, I am rich. And that makes me handsome. Even if I am a fat, old, balding, white guy with no rhythm.

Isn't that why we monger in third world countries?

great summary.

how would you go about knowing if a thai girl has a thai boyfriend?

for me, when I give the girl money, I really believe/hope that most of the money is going back home to help her family.

if i know that it is going to her thai boyfriend... i would definitely be less generous.

One of the reasons I am VERY comfortable with being a "cheap charlie" or what I call a rational spender is that I assume it will be going to her boyfriend or to drugs. I have known some American pornstars/hookers, a Brazilian pornstar/hooker and a couple of Dominican hookers very personally and for the Americans and Brazilians not as a customer. In my younger days, the Americans would turn a trick and use the money to buy me weed. In the case of the Dominicans they had bfs who were basically pimping them. And in almost every case, the girl was on weed and coke. Although I don't know any Thai girls personally, I know that its reasonable to believe they are similar in this regard. And even if they're not, its better to assume they are and pay less out of your pocket until one proves you wrong.

• 3 months later...

Great thread,.. Think everyone has their own opinion on what Thai girl prefer but that's just it... Only opinions! It's a transaction, don't fall into their stories about Thai guys being good or bad, they will say whatever they have to. Why do all Thai girls when you meet them say they don't like Thai guy, or have Thai boy friend? To make you feel good and cater to you! Yea sine might be different bit I think what most people have to realize is your traveling to a third world county to fuck. It's a buisness transaction, don't be fooled! Yea they are girls with emotions and all but they choose to fuck for cash! Some might be looking for a way out but still ad already mentioned they prefer their own kind. It's like this in every culture! Even frowned upon in some If you don't marry your kind. just accept it for what it is p4p , and that's it! You are paying to fuck girls, I could care less and have come to the relization (maybe some exceptions but far in between) comes off kind of harsh but it is what it is in a sense. Don't cone looking for a romance in a brothel ( like mentioned it may worrk but it's slim) just do the deed and enjoy yourself. No need to bull shit with the girls, just pay them for their services and enjoy! It's programed in our minds At an early age ( culture),they go for their "own kind" and thats it. No one should be surprised that They prefer Thai men! Think of it this way you wine and dine em fuck em and then leave the Thai boy friend with all the emotional baggage, perfect for any man I would think?

There is a very clear stigma for Thai women seen in public with a white guy. How many women want to be perceived as hookers, do you think?

If you want to get some brownie points for being white, I think S. Korea, Japan, or even China are better places. LOS sucks in this respect - being white is a negative almost everywhere except dirt poor farming areas.

this is it the disgrace that there family try to put on thais for being with white guys is what its all about.The commonly mentioned lack of face is so important to thais but this is changing.As the Bangkok club scene would show.

During my exercise/recon walks on BR, I used to see this one girl always sitting by herself. What intrigued me about her was that to me she looked more Chinese than Thai. One day, as I was walking southbound, I noticed her wearing a 2-piece turquoise (my favorite color in women's clothes) outfit. She really looked appealing. As I reached WS, I turned around, determined to talk some trash with her. As I reached her location, I observed her walking across BR all wrapped around a young Thai fellow. I noticed her a number of times after that, but she no longer appealed to me!

I do no Thai culture well enough to have an opinion on this, but i was with a gogo girl a month ago and she was real honest about having a Thai boy friend and sending him some of the money she was making also met a girl in Lucifer's who was still giving Money to her Ex and said she still loved him.

The only thing i know is they prefer our money and i prefer fucking them, short of that who knows.

..lot of Thai women it goes the other way. A typical scenario is that of a TG who has a child by a Thai man at an early age and the Thai man leaves and does not accept responsibility for the child. Often they will then develop a hatred of Thai men and stereotype them as lazy and irresponsible. There also exists the fact that once it has become known that a woman has worked in the P4P scene she is then seen by the Thai men in her home town as damaged goods, her social value is lowered and the local men would not consider taking one of these girls as their wife. So in some ways once they have crossed that threshold of going with foreigners for cash there is no turning back. Quite often these women will eventually take the path of marrying a foreigner thereby bypassing any repercussions from her involvment in the P4P scene and elevating herself financially at the same time. Another factor is that some foreigners don't seem to mind marrying a TG even if she has a child from a previous relationship.

...younger BG's who are more likely to have Thai boyfriends. At first the farangs that a BG meets will probably all seem quite scary to her. After time she will get used to them and then she might even start to prefer them. From a financial point of view it's usually, but not always, a no brainer. I realise that I have had to generalise a bit but there's no other way to express the patterns I have noticed over the years.

Bang on. Very prevalent on single thai moms (BG, ex BG or non-BG), even their own mom's looking after. No need for any census, just straw poll on BGs and even online dating webbies.

My 1st thai gf was a hybrid (if ever there was one), which I recently shared in abraxas thread. After 6 years, 2 interim breakups (yes, silly me).. the music died (as in Don Mclean's). Also some form of domestic violence is not out of order (mine had a blxxdy ex thonglor cop!).

And yes, the food chain is IN thai strata society. Unlike more socialist western views, do not mistake local facade of smiles and conversation with your floozy date at some social dinner or event as acceptance. Daggers are at your back already, career limiting move.

Isn't economics at play here, competitive advantage of local produce with farang dough. Meal ticket, can't get away with that guys.

Cheers to 2011

Edited by yyy