IGNORED

Must try restaurants in Pattaya?

PGSTC776

10 hours ago, CarolinaJames said:

Patrick’s and Mantra

Mantra is "so fine". I do not even own the clothes they require.

"DRESS CODE

Mantra is chic, smart and stylish – and that’s how we like our patrons to dress. Gentleman – no shorts, tank tops or sandals please. During the Sunday Brunch the dress code is relaxed to Smart Casual. The Mantra Team reserves the right to refuse entry."

No rules for ladies?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/01/2018 at 18:49, OoJohnnyoO said:

Kiss food

And make sure you get a table closest to Second Road so you can be entertained by every street hawker that goes by.

At Kiss, you get a dinner and a show! :)

On 16/01/2018 at 23:00, scubascuba3 said:
On 16/01/2018 at 13:14, JABL said:
one place I would recommend is the naklua seafood market --not really a restaurant but an experience......

I went there the other day, just came away with fishy feet

Fish have feet?

1 hour ago, soi16 said:

Mantra is "so fine". I do not even own the clothes they require.

"DRESS CODE

Mantra is chic, smart and stylish – and that’s how we like our patrons to dress. Gentleman – no shorts, tank tops or sandals please. During the Sunday Brunch the dress code is relaxed to Smart Casual. The Mantra Team reserves the right to refuse entry."

They let me in for Sunday brunch. Never tried in the evening as I dont like being served very much, and would always rather pick what I want from a buffet selection.

I wear shorts and a tee-shirt (all decent and clean) everywhere now, including on international business class flights, and I have never been refused entry anywhere. What's the point of being well-off and retired if you have to wear what someone else says? Of course I dont wear sandals/thongs or wife-beaters or tank tops, and I'm not covered in tattoos and I dont have a shaven bullet-head. All of which possibly makes me more acceptable.

1 hour ago, Halfaboy said:

And probably you have American Express ....

That would do nicely, but in fact I always pay cash in Thailand as I dont trust Thai card-reading machines or the people using them.

Elsewhere I use a UK CC (not AE) for everything.

On 1/15/2018 at 11:56, andy666 said:

Not everybody's choice but that's my favourite restaurant in Pattaya, always many people, many locals too, fresh food.

It's on the corner of Soi Chayaphoon and Third Road.

Looking at the pics now, customers were already gone or had yet to arrive that evening lol

IMG_9034.JPGIMG_9035.JPG

Eat in it last October and thought it was poor. The dish came out in minutes which had me worried straight away. The chicken was small bits of the cheapest crap you can get. Vegetables were rubbery like it was reheated. Maybe I got it on a bad night.But I don't think i'll be back. 

On 1/16/2018 at 05:52, PGSTC776 said:

What exactly do most consider expensive?  I live in San Diego (U.S.), and a good meal out here usually runs about $25-$35 per person not including drinks.  I'm hoping good food is cheaper in Pattaya, because I've really only budgeted about $30 a day on food/drinks.  I am a food snob though, and I do want to eat well, so long as it doesn't encroach on the mongering budget =D

Pattaya Beer Garden is open air on a pier over the sea at the south end of Beach Road. Decent quality, not gourmet but good, and not expensive. TG's like it.

I went into Google for the web site but got a warning the site was not safe to open! I'd intended to copy and paste the menu to give you more idea.

Also recommend German style 'Hopf' on corner Beach Road and Soi 13. Has its own micro brewery and good cuisine.

On 16/01/2018 at 06:56, andy666 said:

Not everybody's choice but that's my favourite restaurant in Pattaya, always many people, many locals too, fresh food.

It's on the corner of Soi Chayaphoon and Third Road.

Looking at the pics now, customers were already gone or had yet to arrive that evening lol

IMG_9034.JPGIMG_9035.JPG

Tried it twice over the years, very dissatisfied, I’d rate Tin Cup and then Kiss foods higher in quality...I might try again and order some cow pad moo, if they can’t get that right then I’ll know for sure of the quality....

True 

Of the Pak Boon Loy Fa restaurants it's by far the worst

the one on Pattaya Nua is the clear winner (where incidentally the occasional odd wok full of Pak Boon is indeed launched across the side street)

Though they are all tarred with the same brush: mediocrity and uniformly surly staff

4 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

Pattaya Beer Garden is open air on a pier over the sea at the south end of Beach Road. Decent quality, not gourmet but good, and not expensive. TG's like it.

I went into Google for the web site but got a warning the site was not safe to open! I'd intended to copy and paste the menu to give you more idea.

Also recommend German style 'Hopf' on corner Beach Road and Soi 13. Has its own micro brewery and good cuisine.

I think the food in the beer garden is average

4 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

When I bookmarked it, it was on 13/1, just saying.

Sticking to the German theme, I've tried Brauhaus German and enjoyed the food there, I recall another German restaurant near there too but this was better.

On 21/01/2018 at 14:39, Downandup said:

Sticking to the German theme, I've tried Brauhaus German and enjoyed the food there, I recall another German restaurant near there too but this was better.

Domicil ?

Domicil is / was Austrian I believe....

Lots of good German restaurants on Naklua Road and the Side Soi's. Soi 33: Bazi, Golden Orchidee, Hirschgarten. Soi 29: Bei Gerhard. Naklua Road: Taverne, Haus Munchen (nowadays 'by Ann') and in Soi 18 Klein Heidelberg. At the end of Soi 27 is Anton (moved from naklua Road).

• 2 weeks later...

Not a restaurant, but the keow teow nam Tok (street noodle soup with pork blood) at the 7/11 kitchen stand opposite bliss lounge is my favourite place to eat in pattaya.

Heaps of garlic, plenty of meat. Huge serving. And it's 40 baht.

i go about 4 times a trip and it's worth the walk from my hotel.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Not a restaurant, but the keow teow nam Tok (street noodle soup with pork blood) at the 7/11 kitchen stand opposite bliss lounge is my favourite place to eat in pattaya.
Heaps of garlic, plenty of meat. Huge serving. And it's 40 baht.
i go about 4 times a trip and it's worth the walk from my hotel.
I'll check that out. My favourite noodle street food is 13/2 Soi Post Office, about third of the way down in left from 2nd road.
867a3c15609348eae93e4d9e337876ad.jpg

10 minutes ago, lfc4dp said:

Don't go to Tin cup

What did you order and how bad was it?

Its a shame the standards have dropped!

Archived