cabbage and Condoms

Akavit

Cafe Le Mar

La Bocca 

Le Bacco

Pig and Whistle

Sheema

Linda’s

Fuck it why don’t you just look on TripAdvisor like the rest of us do.

Here is an upscale restaurant summary I maintain. There are also a few cheap eats places in the summary as well.

You could also look over the posts from Evil Penevil. His info is excellent.

Restaurants V08.20180501.pdf

Yamoto for sushi

kiss for Thai

MK for Malaysian/hotpot

queen vic for pub food

steak and co for western food

wok n rok for Chinese food

Countdown Clocks

2 hours ago, rain_angelus said:

Yamoto for sushi

kiss for Thai

MK for Malaysian/hotpot

queen vic for pub food

steak and co for western food

wok n rok for Chinese food

wok n rok ????????? where are they operating from now ??

Most previously mentioned are not what I would consider "must try"... basically pub level food at best...  good enough to fill your gob...  but hardly "must try"

... Pattaya is not a culinary destination...

Having said that... One that I keep going back to...

Thai BBQ...  Ninja 3rd rd

After two decades I've come to the conclusion that the majority of my favourite restaurants are outside of central Pattaya

I like the street vendors. Best padthai i ever had from soi 8 i think... lady just makes it until her ingredients gone. 40 baht i think.

I love banana pancakes

The ribs on soi Diannah near bukhao are really nice.

In MIT theres a guy who does fried things and you get loads of chilli. Yum yum.

I think in the plaza and ive seen at Soi 6 the roast pork yum!

7 hours ago, Saddic said:

Most previously mentioned are not what I would consider "must try"... basically pub level food at best...  good enough to fill your gob...  but hardly "must try"

... Pattaya is not a culinary destination...

Having said that... One that I keep going back to...

Thai BBQ...  Ninja 3rd rd

If you want to talk about destination places then Mantra is a pretty high level place. The taster menu is good but very expensive.

Countdown Clocks

I still enjoy MK and Shabu sushi,also the Thai girls love it...

Leng Kee (worth sussing out the duck situation) @Madzar

14 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Here is an upscale restaurant summary I maintain. There are also a few cheap eats places in the summary as well.

You could also look over the posts from Evil Penevil. His info is excellent.

Restaurants V08.20180501.pdf

A good summary why don’t you start your own Michelin Star award type for the restaurants once a year you could have a grand ceremony charge huge amounts of money to attend and become a famous Pattaya gourmet expert with world wide acclaim.

14 hours ago, rain_angelus said:

Yamoto for sushi

kiss for Thai Absolutely the worst Thai food I've ever eaten.

MK for Malaysian/hotpot Mu Kratha which is a combination of Korean and Chinese food. MK very bland. Steamboat restraunt on North Pattaya Road much better.

queen vic for pub food. Cheap pub grub, not the best in Pattaya.

steak and co for western food. Beafeater and Patricks better.

wok n rok for Chinese food Long gone.

Thread has been open for a day and no-one has mentioned Tin Cups yet!! [emoji23]

Le Bacco

Is this the "Bacco Beach" restaurant (never been), as there used to be a good Italian restaurant on 2nd Rd near Tim's called "Per Bacco", torn down and replaced by a massage shop!

10 hours ago, Sticky Fingers said:

Thread has been open for a day and no-one has mentioned Tin Cups yet!! emoji23.png

Is this the "Bacco Beach" restaurant (never been), as there used to be a good Italian restaurant on 2nd Rd near Tim's called "Per Bacco", torn down and replaced by a massage shop!

It’s out at Na Jomtien next door to Glasshouse. IMO worth the trip out but not cheap be warned. Now they’ve got some really nice Motorcycles on show if that’s your thing.

What exactly do most consider expensive?  I live in San Diego (U.S.), and a good meal out here usually runs about $25-$35 per person not including drinks.  I'm hoping good food is cheaper in Pattaya, because I've really only budgeted about $30 a day on food/drinks.  I am a food snob though, and I do want to eat well, so long as it doesn't encroach on the mongering budget =D

6 minutes ago, PGSTC776 said:

What exactly do most consider expensive?  I live in San Diego (U.S.), and a good meal out here usually runs about $25-$35 per person not including drinks.  I'm hoping good food is cheaper in Pattaya, because I've really only budgeted about $30 a day on food/drinks.  I am a food snob though, and I do want to eat well, so long as it doesn't encroach on the mongering budget =D

1000 baht a day? Plenty for cheaper and average restaurants.

The ‘better’ restaurants are going to cost you at least that for just an evening meal a lot of the time. I can generally eat out here in the UK for what it now costs in Pattaya (eg Italian, French etc).

Obviously, there are plenty of cheaper food options in Pattaya as well.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

They way I figured, I'd probably only eat twice a day out there, maybe a small snack in between, plus the hotel comes with a free breakfast that's supposedly ok if I wake up early enough.   Seems like I should probably bump the food budget up to 1500 or so a day, as I would want to try some of the better offerings around the city, and always end up drinking more than I think I will.

Not everybody's choice but that's my favourite restaurant in Pattaya, always many people, many locals too, fresh food.

It's on the corner of Soi Chayaphoon and Third Road.

Looking at the pics now, customers were already gone or had yet to arrive that evening lol

IMG_9034.JPGIMG_9035.JPG

Archived