IGNORED

Must try restaurants in Pattaya?

PGSTC776

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PGSTC776 said:

What's the name if this place, Andy?  I think I've seen it in a video or two as highly recommended.

It's written in Thai in the second pic, if somebody can read Thai or maybe ask some girl to translate it.

Nobody will get banned from showing this picture to a girl :-)

2 minutes ago, andy666 said:

It's written in Thai in the second pic, if somebody can read Thai or maybe ask some girl to translate it.

Are you sure? :rolleyes:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

16 minutes ago, davidge said:

Are you sure? :rolleyes:

Correction, I won't ban anyone who showed this pic :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, PGSTC776 said:

What's the name if this place, Andy?  I think I've seen it in a video or two as highly recommended.

Don't worry about the name, just focus on the location. It's very large, you can't miss it once you get to the corner!

5 hours ago, andy666 said:

It's Pak Bung Loy FA, also known as The Flying Vegetable. Has a sister restraunt on Pattaya Klang which is bigger and has an air conditioned area. I usually eat at the one on Klang but have eaten at both. Excellent food at a reasonable price, Thai with a Chinese twist. Suspect the owners are Thai Chin. Staff can be a bit hit and miss.

20 minutes ago, Darksider11 said:

It's Pak Bung Loy FA, also known as The Flying Vegetable. Has a sister restraunt on Pattaya Klang which is bigger and has an air conditioned area. I usually eat at the one on Klang but have eaten at both. Excellent food at a reasonable price, Thai with a Chinese twist. Suspect the owners are Thai Chin. Staff can be a bit hit and miss.

Correct.

And also a branch on the corner of Second Road and Pattayaland 1, which I think was the original branch, and been open a long time.

1 minute ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Correct.

And also a branch on the corner of Second Road and PattayaLand 1, which I think was the original branch, and been open a long time.

Yep, forgot about that one, was the first one I ate at. If you like the other 2 you will love the one on Pattaya Klang. Much more spacious and airy. TV often has English football on too. Staff are mostly Khmer, if Man U are on the staff crowd round the TV. Can be a bit sullen but I speak a bit of Khmer and practice on them. Lights their little faces up and guarantees me good service! Only problem, for me, is that it doesn't open until 5pm.

A bit nearer to Beach Road, on the Klang, is Deng Dam. Another, smaller restraunt, which serves Thai fusion food, probably my favourite and is open at lunchtime.

1 minute ago, Darksider11 said:

Yep, forgot about that one, was the first one I ate at. If you like the other 2 you will love the one on Pattaya Klang. Much more spacious and airy. TV often has English football on too. Staff are mostly Khmer, if Man U are on the staff crowd round the TV. Can be a bit sullen but I speak a bit of Khmer and practice on them. Lights their little faces up and guarantees me good service! Only problem, for me, is that it doesn't open until 5pm.

A bit nearer to Beach Road, on the Klang, is Deng Dam. Another, smaller restraunt, which serves Thai fusion food, probably my favourite and is open at lunchtime.

Not really a fan to be honest, the food is pretty average I think, and no idea why, but I hate those Stainless Steel tables.

I do eat lunch in Daeng Dam now and again, just wish their Mussaman (that they are famous for) was not so sweet.

1 minute ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Not really a fan to be honest, the food is pretty average I think, and no idea why, but I hate those Stainless Steel tables.

I do eat lunch in Daeng Dam now and again, just wish their Mussaman (that they are famous for) was not so sweet.

Daeng Dam don't follow the Thai recipes to the letter, which is usually a big no-no in Thailand. My favourite is Gaeng Keow Wan (Thai green curry) served with spaghetti. Sounds a bit weird but floats my boat!

one place I would recommend is the naklua seafood market --not really a restaurant but an experience......

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

18 minutes ago, JABL said:

one place I would recommend is the naklua seafood market --not really a restaurant but an experience......

Yep, picnic in the park at sunset with friends/loved ones and eating freshly bought, freshly barbecued seafood is a very special experience. Makes it all the more special that you are surrounded by Thai families sharing the same experience. A little bit of Thailand right here in Pattaya. I try to do it as often as I can.

35 minutes ago, JABL said:

Yes, but you can take your bought seafood to the nearby restaurant where they will cook it for you.

But like Darksider11, I prefer sitting in the Park  :)

Fat belly in naklua soi 16. Serves modern Thai food at very good prices. Best meal I've ever had in pattaya. Their crispy pork is to die for.

I went there the other day, just came away with fishy feet

Restaurant French Garden Pattaya. traditional French Cuisine and also delicious Thai food. It's a hidden gem. Located on Thappraya Road, between Soi 7 and 8 and around 25 meters inside (note that this Road has no number as it seems to be a private road).

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
10 hours ago, JABL said:

Were they tasty?

Restaurant l'Auberge. Phra Tamnak Road (just before Soi 4), Fine and creative (mostly) French food. Their chocolate mousse is fabulous !

44 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
10 hours ago, JABL said:

Didn't know that they sold them. Must try them next time.:wacko:

Archived