IGNORED

Make sure your registered or you will be fined

Bertman

3 minutes ago, striderman said:

it appears it's a flat fee of 1,600 bht

How much does it cost to get registered at immigration to prevent the fee?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, golden_boy said:

as i understand unless you register within 24 hrs of arrival you are gonna pay. but it is the luck of the draw. folks were getting charged left right and centre last wed and somehow i dodged getting shafted. i most certainly had not complied. i don't think it's a new regulation only 1 that up to recently has not been enforced.

the only cost would be time and getting to and from immigration

44 minutes ago, golden_boy said:

Was not aware of this? So if I arrived on a 30 day stamp ... with every intention of having a 60 day trip (but going to immigration to extend after @ 30 days) ... if condo owner im renting off did not register me, id be fined 200bt a day?

You may, You may not. From reports, it seems to be hit & miss. Some staff are fining people, some are not. Some Immigration Offices seem to be stricter than others as well.

Not much help to anyone who’s visiting the country, but there you go!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

7 hours ago, golden_boy said:

The 1600B (or 200B/day, or whatever) is a fine, not a fee.

There is no TM30 registration fee: it is free, like the 90-day reporting.

19 hours ago, KittenKong said:

The 1600B (or 200B/day, or whatever) is a fine, not a fee.

There is no TM30 registration fee: it is free, like the 90-day reporting.

So to avoid this fine registration is needed within 24 hours of arrival. Im guessing if you have a lazy agent/condo owner who you are renting off, then registering yourself with condo details is best option?

5 hours ago, golden_boy said:

So to avoid this fine registration is needed within 24 hours of arrival. Im guessing if you have a lazy agent/condo owner who you are renting off, then registering yourself with condo details is best option?

I imagine so.

13 hours ago, golden_boy said:

I think most people in your situation would ignore the requirement, hope for the best, plead ignorance and pay the fine if it’s imposed.

There’s still a lot of confusion as to how this is being enforced and it’s varying a lot from Office to Office and even from Officer to Officer within the same Office.

I think that if you try to submit the TM30 yourself then you’ll need a (certified?) copy of the owner’s ID and House book. It may be the owner doesn't want the authorities to know they are renting out, for a number of reasons. Eg, are they renting condos for under 30 days? Are they reporting the rental income for tax purposes? If farang, do they need a work permit if they are renting out condos?

There are many times in Thailand when you’re better off keeping your head down, staying under the radar and pleading ignorance of rules. It’s getting more difficult to do that at the moment though.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 1/21/2018 at 16:20, davidge said:

I think most people in your situation would ignore the requirement, hope for the best, plead ignorance and pay the fine if it’s imposed.

There’s still a lot of confusion as to how this is being enforced and it’s varying a lot from Office to Office and even from Officer to Officer within the same Office.

I think that if you try to submit the TM30 yourself then you’ll need a (certified?) copy of the owner’s ID and House book. It may be the owner doesn't want the authorities to know they are renting out, for a number of reasons. Eg, are they renting condos for under 30 days? Are they reporting the rental income for tax purposes? If farang, do they need a Work Permit if they are renting out condos?

There are many times in Thailand when you’re better off keeping your head down, staying under the radar and pleading ignorance of rules. It’s getting more difficult to do that at the moment though.

Yes signed copy and the form needs to be signed by the owner.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

On 1/18/2018 at 17:01, sltdehyeres said:

I can't get the copy of my owner's id card for my registration.

Anyway to get around this problem?

It looks like 1,600tb will sort it out.

JDM

I have just submitted the registration of a tenant who has rented a condo on a 12 month contract he intends to visit Thailand every few months so we asked the immigration officer if he needs to re - register every time he returns to Thailand we were told yes.

He is on a 90 day visa.

JDM

9 minutes ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

He is on a 90 day visa.

One year visa, no need anymore.

But the lovely Phuket is diffrent, shit place.

‘Better if you do’: Phuket Immigration chief urges foreigners to re-register addresses, even if staying off-island just one night 

Shela Riva

1516969144_1-org.jpg

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1022256-‘better-if-you-do’-phuket-immigration-chief-urges-foreigners-to-re-register-addresses-even-if-staying-off-island-just-one-night/

Archived