IGNORED

Make sure your registered or you will be fined

Bertman

Last month when I had to extend my visa at jomtiem I had to pay a 1600 baht fine because the Thai owner hadn’t registered me at immigration. I had no choice but to pay or I wouldn’t have got my extension. When I went to GHECKO estate agents who I went through to lease the house it took 4 weeks to get the answer the Thai owner not paying and they to stop renting his houses to Falang. What annoyed me I knew of this and mentioned it to the girl from ghecko but was assured it would be sorted.obviously wasn’t and guess what when it comes to buy I won’t be using them . So be warned make sure if you rent long term make sure the owner registers you

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes its been a problem but you should have gone down there to check the TM30 had been done. Required within 24 hours of arrival, fine 200 baht a day, max 2000 baht, but a friend got charged 4000

Didn’t know about the TM30 or I would have done. I took the girls word that it would be done. It’s just another money making scheme there was loads that day I was there getting fined. It’s not just the fine it’s the time you have to wait 

Didn’t know about the TM30 or I would have done. I took the girls word that it would be done. It’s just another money making scheme there was loads that day I was there getting fined. It’s not just the fine it’s the time you have to wait 
Yes true, poor communication by the authorities, how are people meant to know, crystal ball maybe. A leaflet on arrival would be helpful. Tons more will be fined

Not sure what is being talked about here? is this for long term stays ?

A SMART MONKEY IS A MONKEY THAT DOESN'T MONKEY WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY.

8 minutes ago, BAJA DAVE said:

Not sure what is being talked about here? is this for long term stays ?

Any foreigner must register their local address with Thai authorities on arrival. hotels do this automatically- that’s why they copy your passport. Some condo agents/owners do, some don’t. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Good info. I am arriving in about a week and staying 100+ days. I have an O-A visa. I am staying at VT2A through Dance Watchers and I think they are pretty good about the TM30. I will check with them, when I arrive.

One of the things I plan to do on this visit is open a bank account with Bangkok Bank. I believe I need to go to immigration first to get a Residence Permit (TM30 check?). 

Sorry, if I am being a little dense, but this is my first time through this. Any tips on how NOT to spend days waiting in unnecessary queues would be appreciated. Also, I assume getting to the Jomtien Immigration Office on soi 5 when they open is advisable.

8 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Good info. I am arriving in about a week and staying 100+ days. I have an O-A visa. I am staying at VT2A through Dance Watchers and I think they are pretty good about the TM30. I will check with them, when I arrive.

One of the things I plan to do on this visit is open a bank account with Bangkok Bank. I believe I need to go to immigration first to get a Residence Permit (TM30 check?). 

Sorry, if I am being a little dense, but this is my first time through this. Any tips on how NOT to spend days waiting in unnecessary queues would be appreciated. Also, I assume getting to the Jomtien Immigration Office on soi 5 when they open is advisable.

Pretty sure Dancewatchers register people as they’re meant to. They always copy passports.

You could just use the agent next to Immigration for the Residence Permit If you want less hassle. I wouldn’t do it for a visa but no issues with the permit. Costs more, obviously, but a relatively small amount in the scheme of things. Just get a VT2A address card from the office downstairs and write the condo number on it. Take that, photos & your passport to the agent and they’ll fill in the form, you sign it and they’ll get the permit and your passport back the same day.

Do it yourself at Immigration if you prefer. It will get you used to the office and the staff there. Think it’s better if you say you want it to buy a bike than to open bank account.

Hit & miss with bank branches about opening accounts. Just keep trying until you find one that will do it.

Residence certificate isnt linked to the TM30. Logically it should be..

Getting a certificate is easy at Immigration for 300 baht, there's probably a few threads on it

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Residence certificate isnt linked to the TM30. Logically it should be..

Getting a certificate is easy at Immigration for 300 baht, there's probably a few threads on it

Thought it was 400? Could well be wrong though.

They wouldn’t give one to me on a Visa Exempt stamp so I paid the agent 1000 to get one.

Thought it was 400? Could well be wrong though.

They wouldn’t give one to me on a Visa Exempt stamp so I paid the agent 1000 to get one.

I got one easy enough in October for 300 for my motorbike. From memory, completed form, ideally contract from guesthouse, hotel or condo, 2 photos. Girls at the front will tell you if anything is missing. I had a multi entry tourist visa.

What if you enter Thailand and you own a condo, still need to register ? Do you have to do it yourself with 24 hours of arrival at Jomtien ? 

What if you enter Thailand and you own a condo, still need to register ? Do you have to do it yourself with 24 hours of arrival at Jomtien ? 
Yes, still required within 24 hours

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I got one easy enough in October for 300 for my motorbike. From memory, completed form, ideally contract from guesthouse, hotel or condo, 2 photos. Girls at the front will tell you if anything is missing. I had a multi entry tourist visa.

Think I made a mistake by saying it was for a bank account. Agent told me to put ‘to buy motorbike’ on form.

5 minutes ago, TigerWoods said:

What if you enter Thailand and you own a condo, still need to register ? Do you have to do it yourself with 24 hours of arrival at Jomtien

Yes, and if you travel elsewhere in Thailand for a few days and come back, you have to do it again.

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes its been a problem but you should have gone down there to check the TM30 had been done. Required within 24 hours of arrival, fine 200 baht a day, max 2000 baht, but a friend got charged 4000

Where did you get this information ?.

The fine for not doing it in 24 hrs of arrival (exception being office closers due to holiday days or Sun) at the accommodation is 2,000tb fine to the owner.

You need to register if only for a one night stay.

There is a sign on the wall to the right outside the front doors of the immigration office that states (in Thai) 2,000tb to 100,000tb fine.

I register my customers as I do every thing by the book and have nothing to hide.  One of my customers was registered for 3 months and decided to go for two weeks to Cambodia mid term at the end of 3 months he decided to stay 30 days more so went to immigration to request a 30 day extension he was told he was not registered and there was a fine to pay he showed them the registration slip and they told him as he left and had returned  he had needed to re register on his return however if he pays a fine of 1,600tb he could re register which he did.

I suspect it is difficult for agents to register renters as the owner needs to fill in and sign the paper work.

The person who is renting can not do it and neither can the agent.

Also you can not register renters for under 30 days in a condo apartment.

The immigration officer will sign the form and tear off the bottom section and give it to the owner who is registering the renter this must be given to the renter and he/she should place it inside the passport.  So there should be no need for anyone to not know if they have been registered as it needs to be done within 24hrs you should get it within 48hrs if not go ask who ever is renting to you.

All in all big brother is looking and checking......now is the time for all to get the ducks in order.

JDM.

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

There is a link to this matter on Fabulous 103 FM radio station website.

https://fabulous103.com/

He lists all the ins and outs. and there is a small vid on it.

There is a link to the immigration site to allow you to register renters online.

However be awere that the link to do it on line is not working and and if you do wish to do it this way you have to register and it states on a pop up warning that if you complete this request you give access to a number of files on your device I can not remember what ones as I did not register for obvious reasons and prefer to go to the immigration office . Please remember the forum rules on commenting on the above no obvious comments that we all would like to make.  I post it so that BM are awere it is stated on the web before you click however it could easily be missed.

JDM

Think I made a mistake by saying it was for a bank account. Agent told me to put ‘to buy motorbike’ on form.

Yes you are probably right because i think you need a visa for a bank account not Visa exempt

Where did you get this information ?.
The fine for not doing it in 24 hrs of arrival (exception being office closers due to holiday days or Sun) at the accommodation is 2,000tb fine to the owner.
You need to register if only for a one night stay.
There is a sign on the wall to the right outside the front doors of the immigration office that states (in Thai) 2,000tb to 100,000tb fine.
I register my customers as I do every thing by the book and have nothing to hide.  One of my customers was registered for 3 months and decided to go for two weeks to Cambodia mid term at the end of 3 months he decided to stay 30 days more so went to immigration to request a 30 day extension he was told he was not registered and there was a fine to pay he showed them the registration slip and they told him as he left and had returned  he had needed to re register on his return however if he pays a fine of 1,600tb he could re register which he did.
I suspect it is difficult for agents to register renters as the owner needs to fill in and sign the paper work.
The person who is renting can not do it and neither can the agent.
Also you can not register renters for under 30 days in a condo apartment.
The immigration officer will sign the form and tear off the bottom section and give it to the owner who is registering the renter this must be given to the renter and he/she should place it inside the passport.  So there should be no need for anyone to not know if they have been registered as it needs to be done within 24hrs you should get it within 48hrs if not go ask who ever is renting to you.
All in all big brother is looking and checking......now is the time for all to get the ducks in order.
JDM.

There is online reporting available so no registration slips for that. I get my guesthouse to re register me when i do a border run, technically you are meant to but a friend went to Jomtien to let them know he was back in the country and they weren't interested. I have friends who have been fined, as little as a few hundred max 4000 so far. Immigration seem to be fining the residents. But if the landlord/agent doesn't report it properly they should be ditched

I understand TIT, but why should a renter get fined for something a landlord is required to do?

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
17 hours ago, TigerWoods said:
What if you enter Thailand and you own a condo, still need to register ? 

Yes, still required within 24 hours

Not always...

17 hours ago, davidge said:

Yes, and if you travel elsewhere in Thailand for a few days and come back, you have to do it again.

Many people have been said it's not needed for trips less than 4 weeks...

This TM30 story in Jomtien is far to be clear.

Better to do it well if you are a tourist, but it's not needed if you don't have to go to the Immigration during your holiday.  (Mainly if not asking an extension by example)

If you leave in Pattaya on yearly-extensions, then Jomtien (very probably?) will not ask you for a TM30. :)

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

There is online reporting available so no registration slips for that. I get my guesthouse to re register me when i do a border run, technically you are meant to but a friend went to Jomtien to let them know he was back in the country and they weren't interested. I have friends who have been fined, as little as a few hundred max 4000 so far. Immigration seem to be fining the residents. But if the landlord/agent doesn't report it properly they should be ditched

Interesting I had never coincided that I will investigate it.

I asked where you got the info on fines  from  as if it was a written rule I and BM could use it when and if being fined.

It all seems like the usual....depends on who deals with your case and what the impact to you is at the time..

JDM

1 hour ago, WhiteThai said:

I understand TIT, but why should a renter get fined for something a landlord is required to do?

He need not pay the fine however he will not be able to get any of the services from immigration until it has been payed.

Most if not all find it has not been done when applying for some sort of service from immigration and don't have the time to try and get the owner to go and pay the fine and submit the paperwork.

JDM 

21 hours ago, Bertman said:

The TM30 requirement has been around for years, about 20 years I think. It was always ignored by owners and Immigration alike.

The current government has insisted it is applied since the Erewan bombing

Much as I hate the tea money issues as much as the next man I don't think Imm are on a tea money scam - if they were they would have been applying it since it started.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Archived