IGNORED

Make sure your registered or you will be fined

Bertman

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
19 hours ago, davidge said:
Think I made a mistake by saying it was for a bank account. Agent told me to put ‘to buy motorbike’ on form.

Yes you are probably right because i think you need a visa for a bank account not Visa exempt

IIRC the purpose is also printed on the certificate. So if you request one for the purpose of buying a bike the bank may not accept it. 

omeone please correct me if I am wrong 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting I had never coincided that I will investigate it.
I asked where you got the info on fines  from  as if it was a written rule I and BM could use it when and if being fined.
It all seems like the usual....depends on who deals with your case and what the impact to you is at the time..
JDM
The info on fines just came from word of mouth from friends who went to Jomtien to check their TM30s. This was 6 weeks ago so it might of changed or just changes depending on who you talk to.

I think if someone doesn't go to Jomtien for an extention etc they won't get pulled up when they leave Thailand. I.e they won't be checking the TM30 status as you leave.

4 hours ago, eXplosief said:

IIRC the purpose is also printed on the certificate. So if you request one for the purpose of buying a bike the bank may not accept it. 

omeone please correct me if I am wrong 

Yes it is.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

I have lived in Isaan for 7 years and before that Pattaya, now given TM30's when go to Pattaya Immigration, which in Isaan they put in the bin. Too many criminals in Pattaya!:)

I have lived in Isaan for 7 years and before that Pattaya, now given TM30's when go to Pattaya Immigration, which in Isaan they put in the bin. Too many criminals in Pattaya![emoji4]
I doubt the criminals and any terrorists will do the TM30s

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
12 hours ago, Insomniac said:
I have lived in Isaan for 7 years and before that Pattaya, now given TM30's when go to Pattaya Immigration, which in Isaan they put in the bin. Too many criminals in Pattaya!emoji4.png

+ 1 There are many rooms to be found that the owner will not ask for passport or any other details.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Trying to get my head around this for my next trip. Always used hotels and condos but this next trip will be staying in a mate's place on the darkside and he will be back in Australia. So will I need to put something in?

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

9 minutes ago, deano4598 said:

Trying to get my head around this for my next trip. Always used hotels and condos but this next trip will be staying in a mate's place on the darkside and he will be back in Australia. So will I need to put something in?

Technically yes; but, guessing your not going to be there long enough to do an extension or anything involving immigration so ...

Technically yes; but, guessing your not going to be there long enough to do an extension or anything involving immigration so ...
That's right, if you don't go to immigration it "should" be no problem

4 hours ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

+ 1 There are many rooms to be found that the owner will not ask for passport or any other details.

JDM

Yes, where we stay now in Jomtien no question of passport, etc. Nobody understands where you are, which is a good thing in my opinion.

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
17 hours ago, Insomniac said:
I have lived in Isaan for 7 years and before that Pattaya, now given TM30's when go to Pattaya Immigration, which in Isaan they put in the bin. Too many criminals in Pattaya!emoji4.png

That's the stupidity about the rules. Same as knowing your address when you buy a new sim card. Do they think terrorists cannot get around this.:rolleyes:

there is is running in another section as well

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

I rent a house in Pattaya. The house is "owned" by an English guy, but it's his Thai sister in law who has her name on the chanote. I signed my rental agreement with the sister in law. I have lived in the house for 18 months. Initially, I asked her to complete the TM30. She immediately went into "I not understand" mode but eventually agreed to give me a copy of her ID card. I went to Jontien and completed the TM30 myself. Immigration weren't particularly happy but eventually agreed to accept the TM30. Since then, I have left the country and returned, extended my visa, and stayed in several hotels in Thailand. Never had any questions about my TM30.

However, I now read that Immigration are tightening up on the rules regarding TM30s which are, ALL foreigners must complete TM30 within 24 hours of returning to their residence after:

1. Staying at a hotel in Thailand, regardless of length of stay.

2. Returning from trip abroad regardless of length of trip.

3. Registering foreign guests staying in your home, regardless of length of stay.

These are the responsibilities of the housemaster, which further adds to my confusion as Immigration are saying that as a renter I can be regarded as the housemaster even though the committee for the gated community in which I live say that I cannot act as a housemaster, by Thai law, as I only rent the property and the owner of my house is the housemaster.

Next week, a friend is visiting me from the UK. He will be staying in my house for 4 days, then we both go to Vietnam for 4 days and he will be staying in my house for another 4 days before returning to the UK. Therefore I will need to complete 2 TM30s for him and one for myself, as far as the law stands.

I understand that Jontien isn't enforcing these rules to the letter as yet, but which ones are they enforcing?

It's not the fine, as such that worries me, but I try very hard not to break any rules here, particularly as regards to Immigration, as our continued residence here is tenuous at best.

I really don't know what to do for the best.

I rent a house in Pattaya. The house is "owned" by an English guy, but it's his Thai sister in law who has her name on the chanote. I signed my rental agreement with the sister in law. I have lived in the house for 18 months. Initially, I asked her to complete the TM30. She immediately went into "I not understand" mode but eventually agreed to give me a copy of her ID card. I went to Jontien and completed the TM30 myself. Immigration weren't particularly happy but eventually agreed to accept the TM30. Since then, I have left the country and returned, extended my visa, and stayed in several hotels in Thailand. Never had any questions about my TM30.

However, I now read that Immigration are tightening up on the rules regarding TM30s which are, ALL foreigners must complete TM30 within 24 hours of returning to their residence after:

1. Staying at a hotel in Thailand, regardless of length of stay.

2. Returning from trip abroad regardless of length of trip.

3. Registering foreign guests staying in your home, regardless of length of stay.

These are the responsibilities of the housemaster, which further adds to my confusion as Immigration are saying that as a renter I can be regarded as the housemaster even though the committee for the gated community in which I live say that I cannot act as a housemaster, by Thai law, as I only rent the property and the owner of my house is the housemaster.

Next week, a friend is visiting me from the UK. He will be staying in my house for 4 days, then we both go to Vietnam for 4 days and he will be staying in my house for another 4 days before returning to the UK. Therefore I will need to complete 2 TM30s for him and one for myself, as far as the law stands.

I understand that Jontien isn't enforcing these rules to the letter as yet, but which ones are they enforcing?

It's not the fine, as such that worries me, but I try very hard not to break any rules here, particularly as regards to Immigration, as our continued residence here is tenuous at best.

I really don't know what to do for the best.

If your friend is only 4 days + 4 days no need to go to Jomtien, they usually pick up a problem when going for extensions which he won't need. Worst case scenario is 200 baht a day fine which won't happen, don't bother wasting your time. Report back on here when he leaves.

Apparently when you leave the country they don't check TM30 registration

26 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Apparently when you leave the country they don't check TM30 registration

No, the worry is when you next do your 90 day reporting after your return.

I have never had a problem but changing times. Apparently, Chiang Mai immigration have recently started enforcing the letter of the law, without warning. How long before Chonburi immigration start doing the same?

No, the worry is when you next do your 90 day reporting after your return. I have never had a problem but changing times. Apparently, Chiang Mai immigration have recently started enforcing the letter of the law, without warning. How long before Chonburi immigration start doing the same?

The post i was replying to was for a tourist of 4 days not someone doing 90 day reporting. Personally I'm on a METV and i will do a border run soon in one day and on my return my guesthouse owner will re submit my TM30 online.

But when you do your 90 day reporting I'd expect them to check the TM30 at Jomtien

59 minutes ago, s1nbad said:

This is a useful link for general info on TM30  - esp for those expats that have non-Thai guests staying at there places

https://perfecthomes.co.th/tm030-registration-thailand/

Yes, explains the law very well but only how it's being applied in Chiang Mai. Apparently, not in the same way in Chonburi.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

But when you do your 90 day reporting I'd expect them to check the TM30 at Jomtien

Do it online :wink:   (if the 90-Days online system works for you)

Worked for me last week.

So no visit in Jomtien Soi 5, and no opportunity for them to ask for a TM30 :)

Have I understood right, If I rent and live in condo 2-3 month( I made short visaruns to flight another country and come back) I dont have to go report nothing in immigration?

And the worst think what could be happen is get 2000thb fee in suwarnabhumi?

10 minutes ago, juho said:

Have I understood right, If I rent and live in condo 2-3 month( I made short visaruns to flight another country and come back) I dont have to go report nothing in immigration?

The condo owner ‘should’ be completing the form and telling Immigration you are staying in the condo.

The law/rule had been largely ignored for years but there have been many fines given recently to people who haven’t done this. Some Immigration Offices have been  stricter than others.

The most you are likely to get is a fine IF Immigration find out it hasn’t been done - though it is the owner that should have been doing the reporting in any case.

It depends who you are renting from. If they have taken a copy of your passport etc then they could well have completed the paperwork. Many don’t though - especially farang who really don’t want the authorities they are renting out condos (work permits, tax etc etc).

It’s one of the many rules etc that have not ever really been enforced that are now being followed up. With the current regime, I’d probably want to make sure all the i’s were dotted and all the t’s crossed.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Thanks for information. Last trip I stay one month in guesthouse (owners thai) and they didn't ask me passport or nothing. So they dont report in immigration. I didn't get fee.

Amazing Thailand again haha.

Your landlord/you should report but as you aren't going to Jomtien Immigration it won't get picked up when you leave Thailand

On 1/11/2018 at 22:18, scubascuba3 said:
On 1/11/2018 at 22:17, TigerWoods said:
What if you enter Thailand and you own a condo, still need to register ? Do you have to do it yourself with 24 hours of arrival at Jomtien

Yes, still required within 24 hours

I own a condo here, i went and extended my  visa last Monday, they made me  register where i was living ,  i got a telling off because i had already been in the country 3 weeks without informing them, i did not get fined just told not to do it again, just paid  for visa extension 1900 baht...

2 minutes ago, Blueydog said:

That's all good to say that except what if you rent your condo out to someone on a 1 year lease & during that time they go in & out of the country several times without your knowledge . The landlord or house master  cannot be expected to keep track of tenants coming & going like a policeman & perhaps the tenant doesn't even want to tell the landlord when or where he goes . 

Too true. But I guess the powers to be don't care about that.

Archived