Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Make sure your registered or you will be fined

Bertman

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 22:18, scubascuba3 said:
On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 22:17, TigerWoods said:
What if you enter Thailand and you own a condo, still need to register ?
Do you have to do it yourself with 24 hours of arrival at Jomtien

Yes, still required within 24 hours

Depends. You don't need to register if you live here,

according to the video made by Jomtien Immigration :

See in 03:30 :

TM30-video-Long-Term-Residents-1.JPG

TM30-video-Long-Term-Residents-2.JPG

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Depends. You don't need to register if you live here,

according to the video made by Jomtien Immigration :

See in 03:30 :

TM30-video-Long-Term-Residents-1.JPG

TM30-video-Long-Term-Residents-2.JPG

I agree with your statement if you do not leave the country between 90 day reports (in fact your arrival card reports your address at airport immigration). But if you leave, as I did for a 10 day trip, and do not re-register when you return you are open to a THB 1600 fine.
I am a condo owner, knew the 24 hour requirement but couldn't be bothered going to Jomtien within 24 hours. I was in the area about 6 weeks later so went in to register so there were no issues when I went for my 90 day report later on and got fined. I said that I had seen if I was away less than 2 weeks there was no need to re-register - wrong. One guy beside me got fined THB 1600 for submitting his TM30 just 4 days after arrival.
2 other friends who expected to leave Thailand before their 90 day reports were due had to re-register before the report was accepted. One was fine, the other was not.
This is all within the last 6 weeks at Jomtien. I guess it depends on who you get dealing with you on the day but all 3 of us saw a constant line of people paying the fine and they all seemed to be charged THB1600.

If you have no need to go to immigration before you leave you will not be fined at the airport for not submitting the TM30 but anyone doing the 90 day report or extending their visa for any reason most probably will be.

8 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

If you have no need to go to immigration before you leave you will not be fined at the airport for not submitting the TM30 but anyone doing the 90 day report or extending their visa for any reason most probably will be.

I wasn't. Not when I did my extension a few months ago (since when I have been to Europe for just under a month, and also around Thailand to various places), nor when I did my 90-day reporting two weeks ago. And that certainly wasnt due to them being busy and not having time: there were hardly any people in there when I went due to the holiday period.

But when I return from abroad the TM6 I hand in has my visa number and my full condo address on it, which is the same address that all my paperwork has had on it for years. As far as I can see that must count as informing the proper official of where I am within 24 hours of arriving.

YMMV

22 hours ago, Blueydog said:

That's all good to say that except what if you rent your condo out to someone on a 1 year lease & during that time they go in & out of the country several times without your knowledge . The landlord or house master  cannot be expected to keep track of tenants coming & going like a policeman & perhaps the tenant doesn't even want to tell the landlord when or where he goes . 

Good point I suspect many will now place a paragraph in the rental contract regarding this and who is responsible for the fine if it is not complied with so there is no misunderstanding.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

i expected to fined 1600 bht this morning at jomtien and somehow escaped. there are currently  2 desks in the part dealing with TM30. 1 has a computer and 2 people sitting there, the other does not. i happened to get desk 2. she never mentioned 1600 bht and i certainly didn't. just lucky.

I can't get the copy of my owner's id card for my registration.

Anyway to get around this problem?

I can't get the copy of my owner's id card for my registration.

Anyway to get around this problem?

And the owner won't go down there? Maybe go together, a friend of mine went with his landlord to sort it. Alternatively if you don't have to go to Jomtien don't go, i.e. a border run rather than 30 day extension. It seems inconsistent whether people get fined or not and how much. Or just go down there and pay a fine and fill in the form yourself, they will help

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

And the owner won't go down there? Maybe go together, a friend of mine went with his landlord to sort it. Alternatively if you don't have to go to Jomtien don't go, i.e. a border run rather than 30 day extension. It seems inconsistent whether people get fined or not and how much. Or just go down there and pay a fine and fill in the form yourself, they will help

The english owner is just scared of immigration.

He doesn't want to put a foot there. He is afraid that they'll ask him for a working permit since he is renting out quite a few condos.

So no chance he will go with me.

I'm here on a retirement visa, so i need to report my 90 days next week, and i am quite worried to go there just with my rent contract . I not care about the fine, i just want my papers in order...

11 minutes ago, sltdehyeres said:

He doesn't want to put a foot there. He is afraid that they'll ask him for a working permit since he is renting out quite a few condos.

I'm here on a retirement visa, so i need to report my 90 days next week, and i am quite worried to go there just with my rent contract . I not care about the fine, i just want my papers in order...

worst way it costs you 1600 bht.

Then go down, sort it, pay the fine and ask your landlord to reimburse you or deduct it from the next rent, seems fair to me when he is being next to useless

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
22 minutes ago, sltdehyeres said:

Then go down, sort it, pay the fine and ask your landlord to reimburse you or deduct it from the next rent, seems fair to me when he is being next to useless

The fine isn't a problem. He said he registered me thru internet . I'm just worried the rent contract without his ID will be a problem

7 minutes ago, sltdehyeres said:

The fine isn't a problem. He said he registered me thru internet . I'm just worried the rent contract without his ID will be a problem

should be ok. they are under a lot of self inflicted pressure at soi 5 and the staff are keen to get the stamp out and move on to the next falang

Lets hope so. Thanks a lot for your concern.

Looks like it is the luck of the draw whether or not you get fined . I was at Jomtien waiting in the makeshift office they created to respond to the panic they created enforcing this police state law . Cramming people in a space that wasn't designed for this purpose should be no surprise to anyone dealing with Soi 5 immigration . It's clearly a  clusterfuck operation as you can't even get through the front doors without rudely pushing past people and then jostling in the small receiving area  to get the attention of one of the "professionals" .

Once in the makeshift office I overheard the officer , on the other side of the partition ,telling a falang he had to pay the 1600 baht fine . The falang put up a small protest but finally understood he was fucked and there was no choice. 

I expected to be hit with the same penalty but fortunately was sat in front of the officer without a computer terminal and she processed me quickly and stapled the record of report  in my passport and out the door .

I have been in country for months so I was clearly in violation of the 24 hrs . Now my paperwork was complete with the necessary copies so it was easy for her to process me but she could just as easily have said "1600 baht please " .  As always you leave the immigration office feeling like this country does it's best to discourage people from staying for an extended period .

6 hours ago, maxtroy said:

As always you leave the immigration office feeling like this country does it's best to discourage people from staying for an extended period .

Most of us has free access into Thailand without visa, but these IMI officers can not go anywhere without visa and how they can apply for visa if nobody invite them?

It is all about jealousy.

11 minutes ago, soi16 said:

Most of us has free access into Thailand without visa, but these IMI officers can not go anywhere without visa and how they can apply for visa if nobody invite them?

It is all about jealousy.

They can go to other ASEAN countries without a visa, I can't!

Also, a US citizen can come to the UK without a visa, but a British citizen can't go to the US without a visa. How unfair is that?

11 minutes ago, Darksider11 said:

Also, a US citizen can come to the UK without a visa, but a British citizen can't go to the US without a visa. How unfair is that?

Homeland Security, I quess?

Agreed about Asean. I need visa to Lao, Cambodia etc, but no thanks.

I mean visa to "potato countries".

Btw. Try to explain to these IMI officials that it is NOT we who cause more jobs for them, it's their own government, but a Thai is never guilty of anything.

23 minutes ago, Darksider11 said:

They can go to other ASEAN countries without a visa, I can't!

Why ever would a sane pom want to go to America? 

15 minutes ago, twicestung said:

Not on my Bucket List!

I went once that was enough that was 23 years ago, i couldn't believe the level of fatness even back then, certainly not like the movies

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
18 minutes ago, twicestung said:

I went once that was enough that was 23 years ago, i couldn't believe the level of fattness even back then, certainly not like the movies

Ot, but just now I have less then 20km to Disney Land, would I go?

13 hours ago, sltdehyeres said:

If he's registered you through their online system you s/b good to go. While I've not seen the that system, I would expect there must be an option to print out the TM30 receipt. Have him do that before you go to immigration. Also, there's no need to have his ID when using the rental contract as proof address.

On 11/01/2018 at 13:33, davidge said:

Any foreigner must register their local address with Thai authorities on arrival. hotels do this automatically- that’s why they copy your passport. Some condo agents/owners do, some don’t. 

Was not aware of this? So if I arrived on a 30 day stamp ... with every intention of having a 60 day trip (but going to immigration to extend after @ 30 days) ... if condo owner im renting off did not register me, id be fined 200bt a day?

9 minutes ago, golden_boy said:

Was not aware of this? So if I arrived on a 30 day stamp ... with every intention of having a 60 day trip (but going to immigration to extend after @ 30 days) ... if condo owner im renting off did not register me, id be fined 200bt a day?

it appears it's a flat fee of 1,600 bht

Archived