Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Fake watches

penboy

I have been asked by someone in the UK to get a couple of watches for 2 teenage girls. Are there any decent quality fakes available, how long do they last before they conk out?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought one fake Rolex 2 months ago from a guy on the street. He show me some watches but i asked him to show me the automatics because i don't want some problems with the battery and for the moment she is OK.

I've frequently heard good reports about 'Jacks' which is the second watch shop on Soi Buakhow coming from Pattaya Klang end. Does repairs as well. I wouldn't touch the stuff the street vendors hawk.

P.S. The 'pc' term these days is replicas, not fakes :-)

OP, if you're looking for higher quality copies, my suggestion would be take a scroll through here, and/or enter "watches" as a search term for the forum. :-)

If you want the girls to be pissed off at you for giving them (potentially) worthless crap, there are always street hawkers, all across Pattaya. Mr. Jack's has a very good reputation, and is searchable in Google Maps for an exact location. I generally buy from the shop immediately north of Mr. Jack's, and in my opinion, both are worth a look. There are a lot of blingy watches in both shops that would probably appeal to a teen girl.

My Faux-lex Submariner is an automatic, and a minor pain in the butt since I always have to wind it. My non-copy Seiko is to me, just as good looking, and a lot more dependable with a battery, since I only have to worry about replacing the battery once a year, instead of winding it every darn morning. 555 Somehow I think teen girls would be more into the appearance, without needing the daily maintenance, so my suggestion would not be a self winding movement. 

Oh, and my fake Rolex is seven years old and still going strong.

A friend of mine used to sell them, the best copys you could get. And he used to guarantee them for 3 months. So can't be that good.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

When I want to buy a fake watch I usually go and see Mr Wong who has a shop unit in South Pattaya Road market.  I've heard he's a bit of a rogue but his watch's are always top notch and last a long time.  And if the strap of the watch is to big for your wrist he has the tools to take out excess links.  And he will give you the links that he takes out.

there are some good ones about I bought one fake with sweeping second hand auto wind in Bangkok 27 years ago and still works today

Mr Jack's is where I went last Feb and bought a nice TAG watch for around  £70. It still works and looks great. 

I would recommend Mr Jack's.

I bought 2 of them (Rolex) around 10 years ago from the guys on the street. Three months was roughly the lifespan for both of them.

Mr Jacks is a good shop, just make sure that you are talking to Jack himself, not one of his workers. They have an iPad full of different models and colors. You pick what you want, and if they don't have it in the shop, they will within 1-2 days.  Good service, good price.

I picked up an Omega on Sukhumvit in bkk near Nana for 1000 Baht on a whim. I've been wearing it daily for the last month, hasn't lost a second. 

On 11/21/2017 at 22:34, belzybob said:

I've frequently heard good reports about 'Jacks' which is the second watch shop on Soi Buakhao coming from Pattaya Klang end. Does repairs as well. I wouldn't touch the stuff the street vendors hawk.

I have bought watches there, both genuine and replicas. No problem with any.

If you want to comparison shop. you can pop into the shop next door, one nearer Pattaya Klang (Central).

I have bought replica watches off the stalls for many years now, and the last few years mostly from the stalls at Thepprasit Market.

But they have became very pricey lately, where before 1800 baht was the going price for decent one, that seems to have jumped to 2800 this past year.

I don't mind paying that if it is decent but the biggest problem lately has been the same models, and nothing new.

I did find a new stall in the Made in Thailand market who had a lot of the newer models, but his starting price was 4000 baht !

I have never tried Jacks, how are his prices, and does he get newer models or just the same old Rolexs, Omegas etc ?

1 hour ago, Taa_Saparot said:

I have bought replica watches off the stalls for many years now, and the last few years mostly from the stalls at Thepprasit Market.

But they have became very pricey lately, where before 1800 baht was the going price for decent one, that seems to have jumped to 2800 this past year.

I don't mind paying that if it is decent but the biggest problem lately has been the same models, and nothing new.

I did find a new stall in the Made in Thailand market who had a lot of the newer models, but his starting price was 4000 baht !

I have never tried Jacks, how are his prices, and does he get newer models or just the same old Rolexs, Omegas etc ?

That's a whole different league than the ones I used to buy on  the street that lasted around 3 months. If memory serves me, I paid 300 baht for them.

5 minutes ago, Pattaya_Brian said:

That's a whole different league than the ones I used to buy on  the street that lasted around 3 months. If memory serves me, I paid 300 baht for them.

You know, in all the years I have been buying fakes, I have had only one fail on me.

Some of the fakes I have are over 20 years old.

7 hours ago, jcemariner said:

Mr Jacks is a good shop, just make sure that you are talking to Jack himself, not one of his workers. They have an iPad full of different models and colors. You pick what you want, and if they don't have it in the shop, they will within 1-2 days.  Good service, good price.

I picked up an Omega on Sukhumvit in bkk near Nana for 1000 Baht on a whim. I've been wearing it daily for the last month, hasn't lost a second. 

I was in a bar and needed a watch, I also bought a fake Omega, from a tomboy vendor , that was three years ago.

I wear it everyday, its still going strong doesn't miss a second. Mr Wong put a new strap on last year and new battery.

it cost me 1000 Bht (the watch that is)

2 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

You know, in all the years I have been buying fakes, I have had only one fail on me.

Some of the fakes I have are over 20 years old.

Then they are obviously worth the money.

Bought a real nice fake Rolex for 400 baht, get compliments all the time on it, works great, if it fails I'll throw it away and get another for that price. Put in a new battery in Canada that was worth more than the watch.

I checked the watches at Jack's, and could tell they were fake. No offense, to someone who doesn't know dick about watches, they might fall for it. But I could tell right away. 

Take an Omega Seamaster. The zero mark on the bezel should be flat and flushed. On Jack's, they stick out, and not a little - it was predominantly.  And this wasn't only on one watch, it was on all of them (regardless of model). Also, when you look closely at the face of the watch, you should see ripples/waves of the ocean on the dial of the watch. Instead, it's almost non-existent.  The one good thing I did notice, was the weight of the watch. It was heavy and seemed close to the real deal. 

Bottom line, you could probably get away with someone who doesn't know what they should be looking at, but to me, a watch aficionado, I would know and call you out on it.  If someone I knew that knows about watches was to ask me to take it off so they could see it, I would be nervous of being spotted and would die of embarrassment.  The attention to detail just wasn't there from me, and for that reason, I say pass. 

6 hours ago, Queef_Sniffer said:

I checked the watches at Jack's, and could tell they were fake. No offense, to someone who doesn't know dick about watches, they might fall for it. But I could tell right away. 

Take an Omega Seamaster. The zero mark on the bezel should be flat and flushed. On Jack's, they stick out, and not a little - it was predominantly.  And this wasn't only on one watch, it was on all of them (regardless of model). Also, when you look closely at the face of the watch, you should see ripples/waves of the ocean on the dial of the watch. Instead, it's almost non-existent.  The one good thing I did notice, was the weight of the watch. It was heavy and seemed close to the real deal. 

Bottom line, you could probably get away with someone who doesn't know what they should be looking at, but to me, a watch aficionado, I would know and call you out on it.  If someone I knew that knows about watches was to ask me to take it off so they could see it, I would be nervous of being spotted and would die of embarrassment.  The attention to detail just wasn't there from me, and for that reason, I say pass. 

but i tell everyone whose interested its a fake, but a pretty good one imo lol

53 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

but i tell everyone whose interested its a fake, but a pretty good one imo lol

I've got a black face Submariner (Old School James Bond watch) that I got about five years ago. No way in the world I'd waste the money on a real one*, so it's just a bit of costume jewelry. If anyone ever asked, I'd likely do the same, admit it's a Faux-lex. :-) However, I suspect the very few watch snobs would recognize it as a copy, and the vast majority of non-watch snobs would either assume it's fake, or more likely, not care at all. Watch snobs are a rarified group. I think the huge majority of people simply would not care one way or the other. 

*If I were going to spend that kind of money, it'd be on a motorcycle, or a bathroom remodel, not a watch.

9 hours ago, Garzan said:

I've got a black face Submariner (Old School James Bond watch) that I got about five years ago. No way in the world I'd waste the money on a real one*, so it's just a bit of costume jewelry. If anyone ever asked, I'd likely do the same, admit it's a Faux-lex. :-) However, I suspect the very few watch snobs would recognize it as a copy, and the vast majority of non-watch snobs would either assume it's fake, or more likely, not care at all. Watch snobs are a rarified group. I think the huge majority of people simply would not care one way or the other. 

*If I were going to spend that kind of money, it'd be on a motorcycle, or a bathroom remodel, not a watch.

You have got it in 1 Sir. I had a real Rolex Oyster Perpetual two tone in the UK and sold it before i moved to Thailand. I just could'nt see the point of having a real Rolex when living in Thailand as everyone would assume it was a fake and if they did'nt the locals would probaly have sawn my arm off to thieve it lol.

I like the look of Rolex's so as you say "a bit of costume jewelry" at a reasonable price, i've currently got 8 fakes on the go and have had for 10 years, only had problems with 2 which were repaired for 300 and 500bht. 

My black face Submariner is my fav.

18 hours ago, Queef_Sniffer said:

I'm not trying to fool people either, I tell everyone that likes it that it's a fake and it cost me $15

that would be the day I spend huge coin on a high end watch.

1 hour ago, weblo said:

I'm not trying to fool people either, I tell everyone that likes it that it's a fake and it cost me $15

that would be the day I spend huge coin on a high end watch.

Mine all cost between 2500 - 4000bht, they are much better quality than the ones hawked around by the locals, i'm very happy with them and on comparing my black face submariner with the real thing (my son's mate has the real thing) its hard to tell the difference unless you're an expert but WGAF living here in Thailand where "its not real unless its a fake" lol

I've moved from buying watches from Mr jacks to buying them from the shop next door, same deal wrt repairs, guarantees but at a more competitive pricing structure. Expect to pay 3k for a nice Chronograph with Japanese automatic movement and double that for a Swiss movement and a better quality watch.

I recently picked up a ladies Omega Constellation quartz movement (battery) for 2k.

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 hours ago, Petesie said:

I've moved from buying watches from Mr jacks to buying them from the shop next door, same deal wrt repairs, guarantees but at a more competitive pricing structure. Expect to pay 3k for a nice Chronograph with Japanese automatic movement and double that for a Swiss movement and a better quality watch.

I recently picked up a ladies Omega Constellation quartz movement (battery) for 2k.

I don't actually buy mine a mate gets them for me and posts to my home address. I think thats where he gets them from as he don't buy from Mr Jacks and he lives in the locale.

Archived