IGNORED

Fake watches

penboy

4 hours ago, Petesie said:

I've moved from buying watches from Mr jacks to buying them from the shop next door, same deal wrt repairs, guarantees but at a more competitive pricing structure. Expect to pay 3k for a nice Chronograph with Japanese automatic movement and double that for a Swiss movement and a better quality watch.

I've bought several watches from there. Last watch for me was a Seiko dive watch rather than some sort of designer watch. I've picked up watches from the cases out front for my wife and family too. The people in that shop are helpful and quite nice. It's currently my go to place for (non-smartwatch) watches.  

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Petesie said:

I recently picked up a ladies Omega Constellation quartz movement (battery) for 2k.

That's about what I paid for my Omega Constellation back in 1967 at the Army PX in Augsburg West Germany.

For fake watches I've bought a few for friends at a shop run by a Thai lady called Sarah in a market area on Pattaya Tai.

On 1/27/2018 at 14:32, Bonkabit said:

I have bought watches there, both genuine and replicas. No problem with any.

If you want to comparison shop. you can pop into the shop next door, one nearer Pattaya Klang (Central).

Always pays to shop around. Also pays to realize that you are not buying a $25000 Rolex when buying a replica :-)

A poseur with a fake watch will be picked by any girl, Thai or otherwise. Girls tell me they look at a guy's shoes before his watch anyway.

• 5 months later...

I use Mr. Jack's but it is no longer cheap. The first was about 9 years ago, 1,900 baht then

4 years ago 2,500 baht, two years ago 3000 baht. I had to change the battery on the first watch

2 years ago (after 6 years). About 100 baht at Mr. Jack's. The three watches I own keep perfect time

and I swim daily with them while in Pattaya. The only issues I have had has been with the wristbands (metal).

Mr. Jack has made all the repairs while I wait free of charge. If you want an AAA copy with an ETA

movement, expect to pay 10k. Apparently, these are the copies the brand names worry about. Close to

perfect. At this point, I would just get a Seiko. Great watch, great movement, low price online. 

I am not a watch geek and I certainly could not easily tell the difference between a high-end 10k copy

and the ones I have. The AAA copies are not in stock as they sell too few of them. They can take from 2-7days

to bring in. Of course, nobody needs a 10,000 dollar watch or even a 10,000 baht watch. The time is on

your smart-phone.   

• 9 months later...

Was in Pattaya last week April 2019 and offer the following. I was recommended to go see Mr Jacks by an ex pat who's lived there 27 years and yes they show you everything on an Ipad and after you've selected something they go get it from it's hiding place. I wanted a very traditional black face date Sub but they where out of stock but they did have 1 Sea Dweller left for 4500 bhat, the sub would of been 3500 bhat. The shop next door actually has 2 locations the other being just around the corner, less than 1 minuets walk and that's where I luckily found myself. The sub cost me 2600 for Cyrstal glass, ceramic bevel, Japanese automatic movement (although I suspect it's Chinese) they take the watch apart check the timing electronically (got mine to +/- 2 seconds per day which if anybody knows is superb). They then waterproof your watch right in front of you and offer you a 1 year warranty. The watch is an almost perfect copy and these watch snobs on here who guarantee they know the difference just with a quick glance are just blowing smoke, as these copies are almost indistinguishable from the originals down to the crown being etched onto the glass only visible with a magnifier. I swam with the watch everyday with zero issues. I'm not saying it's waterproof to 100 M or the movement will last a lifetime but it's a beautiful time piece and I'm more than happy with it. I do actually own a real Tag and my Father owns genuine Rolex and Omega so I am somewhat used to seeing and holding the real thing and these stand up very well next to them. The only give away I can say is the winding pin isn't supper smooth like the original and it does feel a bit notchy when adjusting the hands but I can live with that. I also think it will probably only run for 30 hours or so on a wind considerably less than the original I would definitely NOT buy from a street vendor, they had the same model but many were battery watches with cheap finishes but were only 300 - 400 bhat so you get what you pay for. I hope this is of help to someone!

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2019 at 03:22, uklad99 said:

Was in Pattaya last week April 2019 and offer the following. I was recommended to go see Mr Jacks by an ex pat who's lived there 27 years and yes they show you everything on an Ipad and after you've selected something they go get it from it's hiding place. I wanted a very traditional black face date Sub but they where out of stock but they did have 1 Sea Dweller left for 4500 bhat, the sub would of been 3500 bhat. The shop next door actually has 2 locations the other being just around the corner, less than 1 minuets walk and that's where I luckily found myself. 

Sounds like an awesome buy.  So did you end up buying from Mr Jacks, or the shop next door?  

• 4 weeks later...

Do you generally haggle on prices at these places? I'm hoping to pick a cheap watch up on my next trip but not sure of the etiquette when it comes to counterfeit goods :)

On 31/01/2018 at 21:36, belzybob said:

Always pays to shop around. Also pays to realize that you are not buying a $25000 Rolex when buying a replica :-)

A poseur with a fake watch will be picked by any girl, Thai or otherwise. Girls tell me they look at a guy's shoes before his watch anyway.

Damm, thats me fucked as I use 100tb flip flops 555555.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 4 weeks later...

If you type "mr jack pattaya" into Google Maps, you will end up on the below linked page. :-)

https://goo.gl/maps/rcb8VjedbCJdt7Lp8

I bought a 500 baht fake Rolex from a street vendor a year ago. I wear it every day and it looks great. I have a hard time convincing some people that it's a fake. I've forgotten I've had it on and worn it in the shower a couple of times, also in the rain. No leaks but I wouldn't wear it swimming. 

A mate, same day, haggled a watch down from 1400 to 700 and thought he got a good deal until the next guy offered him the exact same watch for 400. First offer. He learned from that, he got offered a pair of very nice Ray Bans a couple of days later for 2,000 and got them for 200. Forget about offering half. You need to have a reasonable idea of a good price as the markup can exceed 1000%. 

4 hours ago, riri said:

what to look for when buying a 3000 bahts faked rolex?

I have a fake Rolex, that is a fairly good copy. Mostly it depends on how close you want to be to real and how likely you are to run across people who could spot a fake in your daily travels. When I'm buying a watch, I just get one that I personally like, and so long as I like it, I don't really care how anyone else feels about it. :-) I really wanted a black face classic Submariner. (Sean Connery James Bond watch) There's no way I'd pay for a real one, so studied what to look for, and bought a reasonable copy. 

So here's a video on spotting a real Rolex. The more of the features your fake has, the better fake it is. 

I think for the most part, 95% or more of the people you would interact with on a daily basis won't care what your watch is, and wouldn't know what to look for to spot a fake. An overwhelming number of people in a watch thread will know what to look for, but day to day people? Most will really not care. Another thing for me is that ~any~ Rolex I see I automatically assume it's a fake. :-)

I have quite a collection of fake watches, some going back well over 20 years, and still working.

I never wanted a Rolex, but I spotted this one 3 years and just loved the colour of it (which the photo does not do justice IMO)

Think I have only worn it a couple of times since I bought it, probably due to the amount of questions you get when you wear it.

This was bought at Thepprasit Market, and a good example of what you could get for 1500 baht a couple of years ago.

(I do hate photographing watches as you then see all the faults in them, which is probably a good tip, before you buy one)

Rolex-01.thumb.jpg.8c6ded9b6e9170ff2a7b54eddc3b0a08.jpg

Rolex-02.thumb.jpg.a1677cfdb3985b8f1ac9bf9d271a827c.jpg

Only wear a fake Rolex if you’re the sort of guy who would drop $20,000 on a real one and it wouldn’t put a dent in your lifestyle. 

For most of us, we couldn’t do it. 

Rolexes SCREAM fake. 

33 minutes ago, nzwolfgang said:

Only wear a fake Rolex if you’re the sort of guy who would drop $20,000 on a real one and it wouldn’t put a dent in your lifestyle. 

For most of us, we couldn’t do it. 

Rolexes SCREAM fake. 

Well i had a real one for 12 years and it did'nt cost me $20K, more like $5K, i only sold it when moving to Thailand where i could get a real fake lol

2 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

I have quite a collection of fake watches, some going back well over 20 years, and still working.

I never wanted a Rolex, but I spotted this one 3 years and just loved the colour of it (which the photo does not do justice IMO)

Think I have only worn it a couple of times since I bought it, probably due to the amount of questions you get when you wear it.

This was bought at Thepprasit Market, and a good example of what you could get for 1500 baht a couple of years ago.

(I do hate photographing watches as you then see all the faults in them, which is probably a good tip, before you buy one)

Rolex-01.thumb.jpg.8c6ded9b6e9170ff2a7b54eddc3b0a08.jpg

Rolex-02.thumb.jpg.a1677cfdb3985b8f1ac9bf9d271a827c.jpg

Now i like that TS and the crown on the winder is in the correct position, must be a good fake.

31 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well i had a real one for 12 years and it did'nt cost me $20K, more like $5K, i only sold it when moving to Thailand where i could get a real fake lol

While I like fakes. You can't sell them on. They are worthless as soon as you buy them. Same is not said for original. 

A decent fake is approx $500 a real with box and papers Sub second hand is approx $5000 

2 years later the fake is worth $000. Whereas the genuine is still worth approx €5000

As I said I like fakes. They have some advantages also. Primarily if lost or stolen not that upsetting. 

You can get a selection of watches for minimum outlay. 

Check your prices mate...real subs are through the roof. :rolleyes:

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, Petesie said:

Check your prices mate...real subs are through The Roof:rolleyes:

Yea. Just an example. No matter what price I put up for a used piece someone will say "i got one for $x"

They are however closer to $5000 than $20,000 as quoted above. 

From Chrono 24

Screenshot_20190617-165745_Chrono24.jpg

Ok Bud I stand corrected. :unsure:

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

9 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Now i like that TS and the crown on the winder is in the correct position, must be a good fake.

If anyone reads any post, it should be this one. 

The most obvious way to spot a fake, is with the poor craftsmanship in regards to the Lume or “pip” (pearl dot at the 12 o’clock position inside the triangle on the bezel). All fakes have an exaggerated “convex”, non-centered Lume. 

In reality, a Lume should be flush, and fits inside the triangle. All fakes get this key feature wrong. It doesn’t matter if it’s an Omega, Rolex, or whatever. I don’t know if it’s carelessness, lack of attention to detail, or intentional. 

Don’t believe me? Go to your favorite watch seller (Jacks or whoever). You’ll notice they all get this simple feature wrong, making that discrepancy a screaming read blip on the fake radar. 

Well, the date being off center is another dead giveaway. 

11 hours ago, popeye72 said:

While I like fakes. You can't sell them on. They are worthless as soon as you buy them. Same is not said for original. 

A decent fake is approx $500 a real with box and papers Sub second hand is approx $5000 

2 years later the fake is worth $000. Whereas the genuine is still worth approx €5000

As I said I like fakes. They have some advantages also. Primarily if lost or stolen not that upsetting. 

You can get a selection of watches for minimum outlay. 

I don't buy watches to sell on but i take your point, my real Rolex was an Oyster Perpetual two tone and i paid 2650 GBP back in 1995 (list price at the time was 3150GBP) the retailer offered me the deal for cash and told me to keep schhh. I only sold it because i was moving to Thailand (the land of fakes) where everyone would assume it was a fake and if the locals knew it was real they'd cut me arm off for it lol.

The best price i could get on Ebay was 1650GBP as it was'nt a collectable model, i now have a collection of fake Rolex's and Omega's which i'm more than happy with, they look good imo.

On 19/04/2019 at 02:22, uklad99 said:

The sub cost me 2600 for Cyrstal glass, ceramic bevel, Japanese automatic movement (although I suspect it's Chinese) they take the watch apart check the timing electronically (got mine to +/- 2 seconds per day which if anybody knows is superb). They then waterproof your watch right in front of you and offer you a 1 year warranty. The watch is an almost perfect copy and these watch snobs on here who guarantee they know the difference just with a quick glance are just blowing smoke, as these copies are almost indistinguishable from the originals

You ain’t going to be getting a fake Rolex indistinguishable from an original for 2600 Baht.

On 18/06/2019 at 13:35, Pheat said:

You ain’t going to be getting a fake Rolex indistinguishable from an original for 2600 Baht.

Correct 8,000tb will get you one that someone who has never owned a real one may not know it to be fake.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Archived