IGNORED

Fake watches

penboy

On 17/06/2019 at 20:29, nzwolfgang said:

Only wear a fake Rolex if you’re the sort of guy who would drop $20,000 on a real one and it wouldn’t put a dent in your lifestyle. 

For most of us, we couldn’t do it.  

Rolexes SCREAM fake.  

Everyone knows that unless you are a CEO then any "Rolex" you are wearing is a fake. No normal person pays $20,000 for a watch.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, chris2004 said:

Everyone knows that unless you are a CEO then any "Rolex" you are wearing is a fake. No normal person pays $20,000 for a watch.

Usually said by someone who can't pay $20,000 for a watch. There are lots of non CEOs wearing Rolex watches (there are new Rolexes less than $20,000, also).

14 minutes ago, ricktoronto said:

Usually said by someone who can't pay $20,000 for a watch. There are lots of non CEOs wearing Rolex watches (there are new Rolexes less than $20,000, also).

I have a two-tone Datejust 2, I paid £7.750 (new) just over 3 years ago, this price will have gone up since, but not $20.000  I am not a CEO.

• 2 months later...

Good info on the post guys,  I think I'll check a few shops on this trip.  For me I'm just looking for a nice watch.  I purchased a cheap rolex on the street 6 months ago and it works fine.  I have no intention on trying to show off with a fake watch just looking for one that works and looks good.

Not sure where Sarahs is from the post,  any help would be appreciated.

10 to 12 years ago both in the Phils and Thai I bought some Rolex/Omega etc.  The vendors were "very smart" and advertised "Malaysian Copy."  I remember hearing they were higher quality than other copies.  To this day the finish is perfect and every 2 years or so I need to replace the battery. 

Other watches I bought from a shop on the Cambodia Border were dusty and they tarnished about a year later.  Needless to say I don't wear those anymore.

You may get the choice of battery or automatic on the fakes with the subsequent price difference. :)

All these below are automatic copies.

S__8069123-1.jpg

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 17/06/2019 at 21:41, popeye72 said:

While I like fakes. You can't sell them on

I am a little confused - why would you want or need to sell a fake watch model? yes, I have a few friends that on request have purchased from Jacks a high end representations for mates back in Oz as indeed I have. That I can appreciate.   

15 minutes ago, Petesie said:

You may get the choice of battery or automatic on the fakes with the subsequent price difference. :)

Don't see much of a reason to get quartz movement on a watch that was replicated from an automatic.

20 hours ago, Petesie said:

S__8069123-1.jpg

Very nice collection, i have similar also in the presentation box

Anyone want to buy a QUALITY rep of the Skyfall 007 Omega?

Not a typical shitty market rep, this is from InTime and cost $400 USD. 

A year old, some minor wear on the clasp as to be expected  

Open to moving it on for a good price since I never wear it, I have another rep on a leather band that I wear most of the time.

Contact me direct and I can send photo and video of the movement etc.  Automatic.

E5337A43-306F-477E-A998-F1420ECD21CF.jpeg

B7503EBB-D11B-4677-989E-4BB67DB0153C.jpeg

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 03:11, chris2004 said:

The world is full of different kind of people and that's a good thing. It's not just CEO's that buy nice watches, many 'normal' people like to wear a quality watch and there are many brands around to fit all budgets.

Rolex watches are probably the most well known but are far from the most expensive. An excellent Rolex watch can be bought for £5K and it will last a lifetime. Compare that to an average car and its a bargain in comparison.

In fact if you are lucky enough to find a professional Rolex watch in steel like a GMT Master 11 etc it will appreciate in value considerably over time - so you make money while wearing one. A better investment than any savings account for sure.

I have owned 3 over time and I made money on all of them. And I had the pleasure of wearing a beautiful watch, precision made with a mechanical movement. These are not just a watch, the are a piece of jewellery.

My current model is worth 3 times what I paid for it - so its not money spent, its money invested until I want to turn it back into cash.

Mr Jaks sells fakes and although I have never bought one I have been in to look. My mate buys one every trip. He stocks watches of different quality from 2000 baht to 15000 baht. Some of the high end ones look almost real on the outside, but the movements will still be cheap and so keeping good time will be ropey.

My mate bought an Omega Plane Ocean from Mr Jaks last time and on my advice bought the one with a battery instead of the cheap Chinese movement - keeps perfect time as a battery watch should and in my view looks very passable.

Fakes are good fun if you like them. Genuine high end watches are great too - each to their own.

I would recommend Mr Jacks for a good quality fake.

On 31/08/2019 at 06:18, Podcaster1054 said:

Good info on the post guys,  I think I'll check a few shops on this trip.  For me I'm just looking for a nice watch.  I purchased a cheap rolex on the street 6 months ago and it works fine.  I have no intention on trying to show off with a fake watch just looking for one that works and looks good.

Not sure where Sarahs is from the post,  any help would be appreciated.

Sarah's is in the market almost opposite the Tukcom tower.Detailed guidance how to find it in an early post on the massive other thread about copy watches.

I am very happy with the Monaco I bought there in June.

On the subject of fake Rolex watches.

A few years ago I ran into an American regular in Pattaya who shared a story.

The gentleman had bought a few Rolex fakes to bring back as presents to friends and family.Back on arrival to the states an ambitions  customs officer searched the luggage. The watches were discovered and questions asked. In the end the watches were impounded and sent to Rolex for evaluation. A few weeks later the guy got mail to pay VAT based on each watch being valuated by Rolex to 5000 USD each. His options were to pay or have the items confiscated.

Someone at Rolex had a good sense of humor...

23 hours ago, Rikamaroo said:

Some of the high end ones look almost real on the outside, but the movements will still be cheap and so keeping good time will be ropey.

Not my experience at all but i agree entirely with the rest of your post, i must have had nearly 20 over the years as i give em away to family and friends but i've always got at least 10, they keep perfect time, maybe i'm just lucky lol 

On 29 April 2019 at 20:01, Whiskyjack said:

The shop next door actually has 2 locations the other being just around the corner, less than 1 minuets walk and that's where I luckily found myself. 

On 29 April 2019 at 20:01, Whiskyjack said:

Sounds like an awesome buy.  So did you end up buying from Mr Jacks, or the shop next door?

you need to read first what you quote .... it answers your own question

Bought an Omega Seamaster from Jacks on Soi Buakhao . great shop, have an ipad with all different brands and series of watches . will likely go back to his shop and buy another. i will say though on my Seamaster not all the Dials are working, so will have to see what he can do.

5 hours ago, TREX7 said:

i will say though on my Seamaster not all the Dials are working, so will have to see what he can do.

If it was the cheaper option then that's probably correct; best check all functions before parting with cash or leaving shop. :rolleyes:

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

20 hours ago, Petesie said:

If it was the cheaper option then that's probably correct; best check all functions before parting with cash or leaving shop. :rolleyes:

yeah not my smartest decision but oh well not a lot was lost, would get another and make sure things are all good before parting with the cash. well worth a look anyways for OP.

I ended up buying an Omega Seamaster Replica from the shop down Central road (same owners and Mr. Jacks next door neighbor).  Good looking watch, they walked me through the features of the watch, ensured all functions were working properly, replaced the battery and marked the inside of the watch with purchase date for the 1 year warranty.  

I was happy with the service.  If you find a watch you like at one of the watch shops, I would check the others for price fluctuations.  The watch I purchased was 500 baht higher at Mr. Jacks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/01/2018 at 14:16, Taa_Saparot said:

You know, in all the years I have been buying fakes, I have had only one fail on me.

Some of the fakes I have are over 20 years old.

Hi Sir

Where do you buy them in pattaya and what is the price range 

TIA 

On 11/09/2019 at 19:17, Pumpuynarak said:

Not my experience at all but i agree entirely with the rest of your post, i must have had nearly 20 over the years as i give em away to family and friends but i've always got at least 10, they keep perfect time, maybe i'm just lucky lol 

Hi Sir 

Where do you buy them in pattaya 

What's the price range 

TIA 

1 minute ago, Johnny_Bravo9990 said:

Hi Sir 

What's the price range 

TIA 

Two good shops both in Soi Buakhao. From Pattaya Klang (Central Road) they are next door to one another about 20m or so along on your left hand side.

The second one is called Mr Jacks and there is a wealth of information and reports about the shop on this board, just look and search.

Last February I bought a wrist watch at the first shop, forget its name. On my next trip I'll be going in there to have the strap shortened a bit, to get new batteries for a few watches and a lookaround.

13 minutes ago, Johnny_Bravo9990 said:

Hi Sir 

What's the price range 

TIA 

Answer below, a mate who lives off Soi Buakhao gets them for me for when i visit him. I've never paid more than 4K. 

5 minutes ago, Bonkabit said:

Two good shops both in Soi Buakhao. From Pattaya Klang (Central Road) they are next door to one another about 20m or so along on your left hand side.

The second one is called Mr Jacks and there is a wealth of information and reports about the shop on this board, just look and search.

Last February I bought a wrist watch at the first shop, forget its name. On my next trip I'll be going in there to have the strap shortened a bit, to get new batteries for a few watches and a lookaround.

Archived