Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Problem With 90 Day Check In for Retirement Visa

Sexyfarangman

If you look at the pictures of the 2 visas I posted and check the 'enter before' you'll see the difference.

On the Single the date is 3 months from the issue date. You have 3 months to use the entry or you lose it.

On the Multiple the date is 12 months away. You can enter as many times as you like up to that date. So, if you enter on the day before it expires you can stay another 60 days, extend that for 30 days. Only then do you need to get an extension.

So, the date on your visa should be 12 months from when it was issued. June 2018???? If it says September 2017 you have a problem.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, davidge said:

If you look at the pictures of the 2 Visas I posted and check the 'enter before' you'll see the difference.

On the Single the date is 3 months from the issue date. You have 3 months to use the entry or you lose it.

On the Multiple the date is 12 months away. You can enter as many times as you like up to that date. So, if you enter on the day before it expires you can stay another 60 days, extend that for 30 days. Only then do you need to get an extension.

So, the date on your Visa should be 12 months from when it was issued. June 2018???? If it says September 2017 you have a problem.

My visa was activated on June 26, the date I entered LOS, and expires on June 25, 2018.  It was issued on May 31, 2017. I had until May 30, 2018 to activate it.

???? No idea. You have a multiple entry.

I can only assume you misunderstood and they were talking about what you'll need to do at the end of your current Visa. You'll need to Apply for the extension based on retirement AND get a multiple entry permit if you plan to travel outside Thailand.

If you get the extension but NOT the permit then you'd have to get a completely new Visa once again.

OK, her English wasn't all that clear so I may have misunderstood. What do you mean that I would have to apply for an extension? Are you saying that my visa will be extended beyond its June 25, 2018 expiration date?

That's the fee for the Multiple. Sounds like they made a mistake. Too late now. :wacko:

I didn't pay the 3800 today, so it's not too late if I already have a multiple entry visa.

OK. You have a multiple entry. You can leave Thailand and re-enter as often as you like up to May 30 2018. 

When you re-enter you automatically get 60 days, which can be extended for a further 30 days by paying 1900 baht at Jomtien immigration (and completing form etc).

So, if you go somewhere and re-enter Thailand on, say May 29, you can stay until 28 August on the current visa.

Before the current visa expires you must extend it if you want to stay in Thailand. You don't need a new visa, you extend the current one. If you don't leave Thailand this will be before 25 June. (I think you can apply up to a month before but check with someone who does it now - maybe less)

As I said earlier, this is the 'extension based on Retirement '. Make sure you have at least 800000 baht in a Thai bank account for 3 months prior to applying for extension. Alternatively, if your income/pension is at least 65000 baht a month you must get an affidavit from the US Embassy in Bangkok to prove this. This gives you another 12 months.

If you plan to leave & re-enter Thailand during the year make sure you get the multi-entry permit when you get your extension - an extra 3800 baht.

You then do this every year until you decide to permanently leave Thailand (or drop dead:-).

You still need to do the 90-day reports. Be aware, they may decide to ask for extra/different pieces of paper or information each time. That's how it is. Don't get worked up.

19 minutes ago, davidge said:

OK. You have a multiple entry. You can leave Thailand and re-enter as often as you like up to May 30 2018. 

When you re-enter you automatically get 60 days, which can be extended for a further 30 days by paying 1900 baht at Jomtien immigration (and completing form etc).

So, if you go somewhere and re-enter Thailand on, say May 29, you can stay until 28 August on the current Visa.

Before the current Visa expires you must extend it if you want to stay in Thailand. You don't need a new Visa, you extend the current one. If you don't leave Thailand this will be before 25 June. (I think you can apply up to a month before but check with someone who does it now - maybe less)

As I said earlier, this is the 'extension based on Retirement '. Make sure you have at least 800000 baht in a Thai bank account for 3 months prior to applying for extension. Alternatively, if your income/pension is at least 65000 baht a month you must get an affidavit from the US Embassy in Bangkok to prove this. This gives you another 12 months.

If you plan to leave & re-enter Thailand during the year make sure you get the multi-entry permit when you get your extension - an extra 3800 baht.

You then do this every year until you decide to permanently leave Thailand (or drop dead:-).

You still need to do the 90-day reports. Be aware, they may decide to ask for extra/different pieces of paper or information each time. That's how it is. Don't get worked up.

Let's suppose I leave LOS in November and come back in February. My understanding is that I will have to report to immigration 90 days after re-entry. Do I understand that correctly? It sounds like the extension and 3800 baht you are talking about only applies if I want to stay in LOS beyond June 25, 2018. Is that correct?

2 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

Let's suppose I leave LOS in November and come back in February. My understanding is that I will have to report to immigration 90 days after re-entry. Do I understand that correctly? It sounds like the extension and 3800 baht you are talking about only applies if I want to stay in LOS beyond June 25, 2018. Is that correct?

The second bit, yes. You only need to get an extension if you want to stay beyond June. 

As for the first, you'd need to check with someone who's done it recently. Things can change! You may need to report address within 24 hours, then again after 90 days.

The clock starts ticking on the 90 day report requirement when you enter Thailand. The Visa, or extension to stay expiration date is separate from the 90 day report date.

11 hours ago, davidge said:

Also no help to you, sorry, but it's one of the reasons I always recommend entering Thailand on a Tourist Visa then sorting out the long-stay Visa once you're there. //

??? A "long-stay visa" (OA) can only be obtained in your country, not in Thailand !

PS: You probably wanted to talk about Extensions...

11 hours ago, Sexyfarangman said:

Just checked my Visa. It has an "M" on it. So why was I told I need to pay 3800 baht for multiple entry?

The M is what counts, you have a Muliti Entry and can go in and out as often as you like.

Furthermore, if you time you last re-entry right I believe you get a second year.

Whoever you spoke to you need to speak to someone else.

9 hours ago, davidge said:

When you re-enter you automatically get 60 days, which can be extended for a further 30 days by paying 1900 baht at Jomtien immigration (and completing form etc). //

What are you talking about ???

Each entry of a multi non-O give you 90 days. You don't need extensions.

9 hours ago, Sexyfarangman said:

My Visa was activated on June 26, the date I entered LOS, and expires on June 25, 2018.  It was issued on May 31, 2017. I had until May 30, 2018 to activate it.

26 June, 90 days, so you probably get an "Admitted Until 23 September"

That means you have very soon to do a visarun to activate a new 90 days period.

BTW with a multi non-O you don't need to make 90-Days reports as you never stay more than 90 days.

1 minute ago, Edge said:

Furthermore, if you time you last re-entry right I believe you get a second year.

No, only 90 days extra with a multi non-O  (if he enters in last day of his visa validity)

You would get 1 year extra if you had an OA.

2 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

What are you talking about ???

Each entry of a multi non-O give you 90 days. You don't need extensions.

26 June, 90 days, so you probably get an "Admitted Until 23 September"

That means you have very soon to do a visarun to activate a new 90 days period.

BTW with a multi non-O you don't need to make 90-Days reports as you never stay more than 90 days.

I don't need to do a visa run with a non-immigrant visa because I can stay in LOS for 12 months. I only have to check in every 90 days. 

6 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

I don't need to do a Visa run with a non-immigrant Visa because I can stay in LOS for 12 months. I only have to check in every 90 days. 

What about taking your passport and reading exactly what is said on your visa stamp and your "admitted until" stamp ?

If as said previously you have a Multi non-O, its validity is 1 year during which you can enter as many times as you want and get 90-days max at every entry...

6 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

No, only 90 days extra with a multi non-O  (if he enters in last day of his Visa validity)

You would get 1 year extra if you had an OA.

Ah OK I thought he said it was an OA Retirement....didn't know they still did the Multi Re-entry non-O.

Prob still best to talk to someone for his own peace of mind.

13 minutes ago, Edge said:

Ah OK I thought he said it was an OA Retirement....didn't know they still did the Multi Re-entry non-O.

Prob still best to talk to someone for his own peace of mind.

Do they give you a cake or something if you happen to go in on your birthday?

Op, get the multiple, dont take a chance.  Now that you got your 90 day sorted, you should only need your passport for the next ones.....dont be late

2 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

Do they give you a cake or something if you happen to go in on your birthday?

More likely try to sell you  Multi Re-entry Permit you don't need it seems.

I think it was just a mistake by someone and if he tries to apply for one he'll be told he doesn't need one....but best to check for himself.

27 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

What about taking your passport and reading exactly what is said on your Visa stamp and your "admitted until" stamp ?

If as said previously you have a Multi non-O, its validity is 1 year during which you can enter as many times as you want and get 90-days max at every entry...

Are you saying that I must do a border run with a non-immigrant O visa every 90 days? The 90 day max, as I understand it, is that you must check in to immigration every 90 days, not leave the country.

5 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

Are you saying that I must do a border run with a non-immigrant O Visa every 90 days? 

Yes

but you are very unclear if you get a multi "O"  (90 days periods)

or a "O-A" visa (1 year periods) ...

3 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Yes

but you are very unclear if you get a multi "O"  (90 days periods)

or a "O-A" Visa (1 year periods) ...

I have a multi entry non-immigrant O visa, good for 12 months. If you are  actually saying that I need to a visa run within the next 3 days, then I will have to start a new thread to ask the forum about this. I've never heard this before.

6 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

If you are  actually saying that I need to a Visa run within the next 3 days, //

I say: let's stop speculation ! Look at stamps dates in your passport! :Hair_Out1:

14 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

I have a multi entry non-immigrant O Visa, good for 12 months. If you are  actually saying that I need to a Visa run within the next 3 days, then I will have to start a new thread to ask the forum about this. I've never heard this before.

Do you not have a smart phone?

If you do, take a pic of your Visa, then use Edit /draw  to hide your personal details, post it and then the speculation is over.

6 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

I say: let's stop speculation ! Look at stamps dates in your passport! :Hair_Out1:

What do you mean stamp date? I entered LOS on June 26. The stamp says my visa runs to June 25, 2018. I think you may be confusing my visa with a tourist visa where you are allowed 60 days and can extend a further 30 days. After that, you would need to do a border run.

1 minute ago, Edge said:

Do you not have a smart phone?

If you do, take a pic of your Visa, then use Edit /draw  to hide your personal details, post it and then the speculation is over.

I don't have a smart phone, but I know what is on my visa. It's 12 month non-immigrant O.

Archived